Week 2 ML Dogs

Agreed. I'm not sure N. Ill gets to DD's. It all depends on if Utah continues to go vanilla on offense or if they show us a little more in week two.

NIU went with Bowers (transfer from Cal) the whole way vs Illinois State. Childers was the 2017 and 2018 starter and is the dual threat NIU usually has had. He DNP. Bowers is not dual threat. I just can't imagine their O having success in the new more drop-back passing system vs a team like Utah. They only scored 24 on Illinois State and 7 of that was a pick-six.

As for JRock's other teams...I do think the other 3 can be competitive dogs...aTm, Southern Miss and Tulane. NIU will not be a competitive dog.

Rice hung close in many games last year before faltering late. They also turned the ball over an insane amount. They played so many freshmen and different lineups it was nuts.

This year they are still young but experienced. They also brought in several grad transfers.

I think they will try to control clock. I've read their offensive line is improved and they have solid running backs.

Wakes D is nothing special so if Rice can control clock with the run and not turn the ball over multiple times I think it'll be very close.

Wake spanked em last year. 2 defensive TD. And they have UNC next week...possible lookahead.
I must've misread this one. Line has moved up to 20.

I must've misread this one. Line has moved up to 20.

It would be a tough one. But unexpected things happen.

I have one I can't shake from my head this week. I don't want to say it, but it's time to get it out so somebody can react to it...Rutgers beating Iowa? It just sounds so crazy. Maybe it is a fools errand to try and pick these really off the radar and unlikely upsets. But man it is fun when they hit. I think if, IF, Rutgers plays a clean turnover free game it is going to be competitive. No way Iowa overlooks the conference home opener...but ISU is on deck. And everyone beats Rutgers like a drum (perception). In 2016 Iowa only won 14-7 -13 at Rutgers. Rutgers actually outgained them. Iowa is better than 2016, but so is Rutgers. Crazy talk. Crazy. Rutgers is on a 5-0 ATS run vs B1G and overall 6-0 ATS. No turnovers that will be the key.

It would be a tough one. But unexpected things happen.

I have one I can't shake from my head this week. I don't want to say it, but it's time to get it out so somebody can react to it...Rutgers beating Iowa? It just sounds so crazy. Maybe it is a fools errand to try and pick these really off the radar and unlikely upsets. But man it is fun when they hit. I think if, IF, Rutgers plays a clean turnover free game it is going to be competitive. No way Iowa overlooks the conference home opener...but ISU is on deck. And everyone beats Rutgers like a drum (perception). In 2016 Iowa only won 14-7 -13 at Rutgers. Rutgers actually outgained them. Iowa is better than 2016, but so is Rutgers. Crazy talk. Crazy. Rutgers is on a 5-0 ATS run vs B1G and overall 6-0 ATS. No turnovers that will be the key.
I manage to find a side in most B1G games. If not, I’ll put a heavy fav in my ML parlay. FWIW , I omitted Iowa from the parlay. Have the same uneasy feeling about this game that you do.

I did one with 1st halves except for EKU. 1st half was not offered for that game so I just went with FG on that one.

satsdqlparlay.jpg

Let's Go Upsets!!!

Southern Miss 50 to win 281
Texas State 50 to 115
Texas 50 to win 108
Oregon State 50 to win 105

Rutgers 10 to win 75
Tulane 10 to win 66
Eastern Michigan 10 to win 55

Last edited:
For those considering buffs

Colorado 0-9 ATS (-9.9 Units) after a playing a game where 60 total points or more were scored L3Y

Added one more parlay. Thought about some of you guy's plays and also @s--k with his EMU play. While I don't think EMU will pull it off, I have noticed something odd. While reading thru the Ky message boards, I did not read anyone talking about the "lookahead" game with the Gators next week. Not that there isn't any discussion about it, but I didn't see any. Why do I think that is odd? You have to understand what it has been like to be a Ky football fan for decades and how much that win over Florida meant last year. This is an absolutely huge emotional game coming next week and I just cannot believe these Wildcats are not thinking about it. I think there is a good possibility our minds are elsewhere tonight to begin this game. Stoops troops have been very good the past two years at playing well in 2nd halves so I'm not going to admit a loss of the game. They do make their adjustments at halftime. But I'll play the +400. As far as EKU, Card fans laughed at us when we lost to the in-state little brother several years ago, now it's their turn!

parlay5.jpg

You play those straight too? Army!
Nah...my gambling budget is about $50 per week LOL...I just play these ML parlays instead of buying lotto tickets. It's still fun. I was following Peelpub's baseball system last May and hit one that paid $2,600. It's a blast if and when they hit.

Let's Go Upsets!!!

Southern Miss 50 to win 281
Texas State 50 to 115
Texas 50 to win 108
Oregon State 50 to win 105

Rutgers 10 to win 75
Tulane 10 to win 66
Eastern Michigan 10 to win 55

What always really pisses me off isn't necessarily losing the ML upset, it's not even covering with the spread on the play. Brutal ATS loses in SM, TxSt, EM and to some extent Tulane. Meet the new Rutgers same as the old Rutgers, but whatever on them. Man got gut punched with front door favorite covers and failed back doors. Texas did backdoor but for push so no positive $ there.

Go down shooting..........50 more on Oregon St now to win 115. GO BEAVS! Give me something to end this day on a high.

Pretty bad day for upsets...actually worst one I can remember. I think there were like 5 or 6 of them tops and no DD favs went down. Correct me if I'm wrong.....

Pretty bad day for upsets...actually worst one I can remember. I think there were like 5 or 6 of them tops and no DD favs went down. Correct me if I'm wrong.....

Cal but that is it over TD dogs...WKU was about a TD dogged.

Back