***** week 2 discussion *****

Like gb & chi best of those. Wash too but they are hard to put money on. GB will def be part of a tease, just dk if im gonna take the 2nd leg from this week or leave it open. This is going to be an educational week imo

Id trust NO on the rd more than chi & detroit to be honest. Think cutler & stafford reak of pick 6 for the blown cover potential. But NO is not the same outdoors either. Can we trust the skins here?

The Bills ran all over the Bears, have to think SF will be pounding the run with Gore/Hyde, not to mention the threat of Kap taking off. Seems like there are many people here that are talking about fading the overrated 49ers this season, but to me a wager on the over would make more sense if you are looking for a way to fade sf's D. Of course the biggest concern about the Bears is the O-line with GarzaSlauson both getting injured. Would be tough to justify an over wager if they are held out...after the injuries, Buffalo was getting in Cutler's face nearly every play, and the Bears had to resort to quick hitters just to get the ball out. The absence of Alshon down the stretch also contributed to the Bear's inability to move the ball. Waiting on the status of both olineman but initial lean to the over

Don't see how you can play the Skins as a favorite over anyone at this point. Jaguars d-line could very well force RG3 to make some mistakes, Jordan Reed is likely out. Cecil Shorts may be available for Jax, and the Skins are hardly the Eagles offense.. should they struggle early, I find it tough to think they can rebound as nicely as Philly did.

Don't see how you can play the Skins as a favorite over anyone at this point. Jaguars d-line could very well force RG3 to make some mistakes, Jordan Reed is likely out. Cecil Shorts may be available for Jax, and the Skins are hardly the Eagles offense.. should they struggle early, I find it tough to think they can rebound as nicely as Philly did.

Im not on it yet- Just one of those feelings- You ever get those gut feelings? I have it here- Just feeling a DD win-

Again I could be off BUT doubt it-

Saw Reed status too-

You may be onto something and prob better plays- Just had 2 gutshot feelings with bears and skins- Skins the most-

Ill prob just throw a couple dimes on it for shits n giggles-

I played Ravens -3.

Would like the Titans at -3 if i can get it.

Gun to my head I'm taking the Bills. Miami has been smoked last few years after beating NE.

Hopefully can get 7 on Sunday with the Chargers

Pats 14-7 ATS off a loss last 7 years. Rarely if ever lose two games in a row.

Why Balti? I think I like the OVER here a lot- Arent these games generally determined by 1 score?

I like SD even @ the 5-

Why Balti? I think I like the OVER here a lot- Arent these games generally determined by 1 score?

I like SD even @ the 5-

They have a crazy amount of 3pt games over the last five years... The quality of the teams havent even mattered, dennis dixon starting, charlie batch, troy smith, doesn't matter game always seems to come down to a fg

Some tell me about the Minny's defense?

Much improved even after just one week. Sure tackles and rally to the ball has to be the biggest area of improvement. I can't remember any missed tackles.

Individually, Shariff Floyd has improved since his rookie season and I saw marked improvement from rookie LB Barr since his showing in preseason. Good at covering and good pass rush. My guess is that he'll match up with Gronk.

Defensive line as a whole is very good. No standout, but very solid against the run and at getting to the QB.

Harrison Smith is healthy and when he is, he's a top 3 safety in this league. Josh Robinson stepped up big time at CB after last year's disappointment and Xavier Rhodes is only getting better. Munnerlynn shores up the unit and makes them less vulnerable in the nickel.

Overall they're good. Not great. However, their tackling was impeccable and Zimmer has them hustling, but most of all -- believing. It'll be a pesky group all season.

I like SD even @ the 5-

I bought out of Baltimore, and paid the juice. I question where Baltimores focus is at right now. Last 10 I believe have been decided by 5 or less.

Like most, I thought and think KC will take a step back this year. But line is outrageous now. Might be able to get 14 by tip time. WOW

This aint your mama's NE Pats. They may still win the AFC East by default, but I wouldn't too much stock in their past trends.

Steez or nothing for me. I might be in the minority there, but Balti is not very good IMO. Steez didn't look great on the whole against the Browns, but let's be honest here - they took the second half off after routing them early. They were already looking ahead to this game so I think they will button up a lot of the issues from the second half. Also, Cincy should have blown Balti out if they could execute inside the 30. Steez have the weapons and the crafty QB to punch it in. I like their chances.

I'll play SD & Chicago and probably call it a week.

for real? not sure how anyone could back chicago with marshall and jeffrey potentially not playing. i think marshall will play every snap but with a sprain who knows if he will get separation. i think jeff is hurt. otherwise he would have gone back in last week. he might play but that hammy could go at any point.

NE line went to -6 with the AP news.

A game I just got down on is Cincy -5.5. They dominate at home and ATL not the same on the road. Also ATL going to the grass instead of a dome. Cincy should be able to get to Ryan with a bunch of sacks.

I got on GB earlier in the week at -8. Kinda confused with it going to 7.5. People liking NYJ. This is the game I thought would be the biggest blowout of the week.

Cincy was 8-0 last year at home, going a perfect 8-0 ATS also. I won't take credit for that I got that off of Cowherd.

Hard for me to see Green Bay playing poorly off a bad loss with 10 days to prepare. I like them in this spot.

I also think Cleveland is a team who has New Orleans' number at home....less confident in that, but hard to back the Saints for sure.

ok time for my weekly Bills thoughts--- Just read through last week's post and I think it was pretty spot on- aside from the total not going over. Bills showed much more offensively than they did on the preseason, ran the ball a ton (as I said they are a run- first team) limited mistakes offensively and the D-line was very instrumental in the win.

A couple surprises in that game for Buffalo...

Secondary- Corey Graham played lights out filling in for an injured Gilmore- honestly I think Gilmore could have went but was held out partly because of his poor preseason, JMO. When the Bears O-line started getting injured the game changed completely. The Bears switched to quick slants/reads to get the ball out as fast as possible with pretty good success. I do think it's an entirely different game if Marshall/Alshon didn't get banged up (like it sails over), but the fact remains the Bills secondary made enough plays to get them off the field. Interested to see how they handle Gilmore's return this week, but one thing is for sure the Bears were trying to pick on McKelvin. I give him credit for a couple good hits and that fumble he caused though.

Linebackers- Rivers will be out a couple weeks, so even with Bradham's return from suspension they will once again be thin at lb. Preston Brown played well, but once again I think they could struggle in obvious passing downs. Once again their most talented playing LB is Spikes and he is not a great LB in pass defense. For this reason I do think Miami may throw the ball a little more than they did vs the Pats.

DLine- got after Cutler in a big way down the stretch, and I think they will be key in deciding the game this week. If Tannehill has time to throw the ball, it could spell trouble for the Bills- I do think they are good enough to create pressure and force Tannehill to make some quick reads. Winn and Lawson were in the game for way more snaps than last season, hopefully it keeps Mario/Hughes fresh down the stretch. Kyle Williams is one of the most consistent and underrated DTs in the league.

Offensively, I was impressed with the run game- Dixon was a pleasant surprise in the first half, and provides a great change of pace from Spiller/fJax. I was surprised they didn't go back to him a little in the second half as he had great success, but it looked like he had his bell rung. EJ played a pretty solid game, and aside from the int (which was pretty bad) he really didn't make many bad reads. I am concerned the offense relied on zone reads quite a bit, and would hope they get away from that as the season progresses. Wrs played about as good a game as you can ask for- Woods is becoming a favorite target for EJ and Mike Williams has shown he can be trusted to go up and get the ball as well. Once again I will bring up Seantrell Henderson- everyone is pretty high on him but he undoubtedly has the toughest test yet in front of him having to try and block Wake. Would expect help on that side for quite a few plays, as he did look like a rookie at times vs the Bears. The biggest offensive concern for me is the Fins being able to generate a big enough pass rush with the front four that they don't have to send lbs.

Predictions- Many are seeing this as a pound the run, grind em out type game, which it very well could be. However, if I'm the Dolphins I would be looking to get Clay involved early and often, as I feel there really isn't a Bills defender that will be able to consistently cover him. Again I have my doubts about Gilmore as a #1 corner and no doubt the Fins will look to target McKelvin as the Bears had great success throwing his way, so I do still have concerns about the secondary. All in all I have a tough time seeing the Bills holding the Fins under 20 points. The Bills I think are much more potent in the run game than the Pats are, and they will stick to it to open up passing lanes for EJ. As long as they aren't getting put in 3rd and long obvious passing situations I think they will be able to move the ball.

Prediction 26-23 Bills. Definitely on the over and probably a homer ass play on my team. I'll be there to cheer them on:biggestfan:

I also think Cleveland is a team who has New Orleans' number at home....less confident in that, but hard to back the Saints for sure.

NO hasn't played in Cleveland since 2006, and NO won the game 19-14 (it was the first game for Brees and Payton). It does seem that Cleveland has NO's number though (if you can call it that since they play so infrequently)....Cleveland is 12-4 all time vs the Saints.

Good stuff on the Bills Lex. I like Buffalo tomorrow as well, agree it could be a higher scoring game than many anticipate.

:shake:

NO hasn't played in Cleveland since 2006, and NO won the game 19-14 (it was the first game for Brees and Payton). It does seem that Cleveland has NO's number though (if you can call it that since they play so infrequently)....Cleveland is 12-4 all time vs the Saints.

Well, I guess that's my first of many oops of this year, since I'm not betting and therefore not researching. Could had sworn Cleveland had a big win against the Saints two years ago that won me a lot of money, but that must've been a few years back now. :shake:

Well, I guess that's my first of many oops of this year, since I'm not betting and therefore not researching. Could had sworn Cleveland had a big win against the Saints two years ago that won me a lot of money, but that must've been a few years back now. :shake:

1993 was the last time NO was in Cleveland before 2006. We're getting old I guess bud....haha.

You're probably thinking about Cleveland winning in NO though...Cleveland went down there is 2010 and beat the Saints 30-17, and you'd have to imagine NO was a pretty big favorite in that game.

:shake:

Not a fan of playing a dog i don't think will win outright. No way i can back the browns. Have to think the saints stack up vs the run and make Hoyer beat them, and its a tough shot with the browns coming all the way back vs pitt only to lose. After watching the Steelers defense i can see how how they did it. Brees may not light it up but have to think he gets the win and likely the cover

Not a fan of playing a dog i don't think will win outright. No way i can back the browns. Have to think the saints stack up vs the run and make Hoyer beat them, and its a tough shot with the browns coming all the way back vs pitt only to lose. After watching the Steelers defense i can see how how they did it. Brees may not light it up but have to think he gets the win and likely the cover
You might be right bud. Again, I haven't done any research on the game, but I will add that Brees and the Saints haven't given me a reason to trust them on the road the last season and a half. I do like the Browns secondary and I think they will get pressure on Brees as well. Of course, if NO gets Igram going or gets out to a big lead, it could get ugly quickly. I will add that the Saints coming off a divisional loss last week will have them focused. On the other hand, Bill Parcels always said the hardest game to motivate his players was a road non-conference game.

Is that on the fence enough for ya?:tiphat:

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 28m</small>
I'm hearing there's still a chance Panthers DE Greg Hardy will be deactivated today.

They have until 11:30. What I don't understand is that he has been found guilty, yet not suspended yet by the league. Yes, he appealed his conviction, but why should that matter? The NFL is cementing themselves as more of a joke every day. It's embarrassing.

They have until 11:30. What I don't understand is that he has been found guilty, yet not suspended yet by the league. Yes, he appealed his conviction, but why should that matter? The NFL is cementing themselves as more of a joke every day. It's embarrassing.

agree. and why is this not big news w the media. he beat the shit out of her...

Looks like Austin Davis will start for STL. Judging by the line movement, it also looks like CP3 is out for AZ. NYG line moved from PK to -3 just now.

Back