Week 2 Discussion Thread

I woulda thought at ucf it woulda been like a pk! Getting 6.5 seems like a lot, you think there a chance it gets bet up to 7? As bad as ville looked along w fact they prob cost lot of ppl money last week I could see ucf take plenty of money on game day! +7 be lovely!

I hate playing side and total but the over really tempting also.
It was at 7 briefly but got bet back down hard. If it hits 7 again, I'd imagine the same thing happens

Nice get, you all bout getting them opens, I’d prob lose most my bets playing them that soon. It’s ok tho, since I prefer doggies it usually pays off to wait. I’ve noticed you really need to get on them favs early!

Obviously you couldn’t have known Hartman was gonna be back yet right? It wasn’t common knowledge when it got up to -8. Im assuming nobody knew till it went from -8 to -13 right? Not that I really want to play it now but that doesn’t really seem like a big enough move for him does it? Or maybe it was? Their offense was gonna go up and down the field on vsndy w the backup most likely.
I laid the 6.5 as I was confident the backup would be able to score at will against Vandy as I was hoping for a strong 2-0 from vandy to keep this one under DD so jumped as soon as I saw it less than 7. Hartman will have some rust IMO but will be fine once the game goes on.

I see this one playing out similarly to UNC at GSU with both favs distancing themselves as the game goes on.

Especially wary of things after getting around to listening to Sarkisian's full presser. When a coach says, ahead of time, that "the Alabama game is not going to define our season", then you pretty much know he feels his team is in way over its head. Just bad messaging / optics on Sarkisian's part. and I really like the guy.

I originally planned to start drinking around 8A. That may need to be adjusted. An usher can help guide me to my seat if need be. It may need to be a patient usher.

Last edited:
I’ll prob be in the minority (much like I was w cuse last week) but I’ll prob be on ville getting +6.5 or more. I think there too much selling of ville going on and maybe not enough respect for what cuse has going on. Not to mention one the reasons I liked cuse was because I thought ville was believing some their own hype, lots of ppl picking them as dark horse acc contender, and having beat the brakes off cuse last year, I just don’t think they were ready for the buzzsaw they ran into! I used to like satterfiekd but I’ve soured on him a ton and this the kind of shit why, I think he really smart/good offensive schemer but his team lacks intensity and way too often loses games they were the better team in the 4th qrtr!

I don’t think it will be hard to keep his teams attention and have them playing angry this week tho! Surely if you liked ville last week you must like the talent of which they have plenty? Other than fact I like cuse and don’t like Satterfiekd in ways, I totally understood why ppl were taking ville, Cunningham a stud and they have good playmakers around him. I don’t think ucf is gonna be able to stop ville, ville racked up 500 yards of offense and 42 points in this game last year. Ville prob won’t stop them either but I like getting the head start w who I think has the better qb. The only way I’d pass on ville is if I play over instead As I think both teams are gonna get to 30+.

just mentioned this in the other thread....
a week before Ville/Cuse i had targeted this spot, and posted i'd be on UCF. line value got ruined by week one results though.

i will say that if ville somehow pulls off this upset, i will hammer FSU in the 3rd game of their stretch. (only a bad line will keep me off the noles at ville anyways)

Wow, I'm not sure I've ever noticed so many huge spreads in one week. 20 games with 5 TD+ lines, 10 are 40+

I don't know how UCF will do on O because John Rhys Plumlee hasn't played meaningful snaps at QB vs a real football team since 2019.

just mentioned this in the other thread....
a week before Ville/Cuse i had targeted this spot, and posted i'd be on UCF. line value got ruined by week one results though.

i will say that if ville somehow pulls off this upset, i will hammer FSU in the 3rd game of their stretch. (only a bad line will keep me off the noles at ville anyways)

Oh yea, I’d love for ville to win this game cause I’m loving what I’ve seen out of Travis. We shall see. I think they certainly could win this game, last weeks beat down had to get their attention. I don’t think they somehow are now less talented than ucf. I remember being on ville against them last year also. I’ll have to look back how it went. I think it was typical ville and they looked like the better team but per usual let ucf come back on them until they threw a pick 6 I believe. I just don’t think ucf can stop Cunningham, ville racked up 500 yards of offense in this game last year! dunno if ville can stop ucf either so could be last team w the ball.

Especially wary of things after getting around to listening to Sarkisian's full presser. When a coach says, ahead of time, that "the Alabama game is not going to define our season", then you pretty much know that a coach feels his team is in way over its head. Just bad messaging / optics on Sarkisian's part. and I really like the guy.

I originally planned to start drinking around 8A. That may need to be adjusted. An usher can help guide me to my seat if need be. It may need to be a patient usher.
Yea that kinda struck me as weird. I like second chance guys that get back so I’m pulling for the guy(moderately starting in 2024)

Wonder if he was just downplaying it, team has to be hyped; Bama coming to town. Bama has alotta horses though. Gotta be mistake free ball for UT, always tough to do against Bama

yeah, strange comment from Sark. i took it that he's expecting a beating, and is preparing the base.

Ville B2B road games to open, and PS points out that they're 4-14 SU on the road L3 years.
Both UCF and FSU have great revenge spots against them TY, and both are more talented teams overall imo.

Not sure if I can lay -8.5 with razorbacks but I think Barry Odem d is gonna confuse rattler and cause him problems! Not that Georgia st is bad but scary had no success running the ball, I know ppl high on them this year but I got news for everyone, if their game plan gonna be put ball in Rattler’s hands and rely on him I don’t see things going real well! If you a qb and suck with Lincoln Riley as your coach you not gonna get better somewhere else, sorry but it true. The guy turned Faker into a #1 pick and hiesman winner. You don’t have success in his offense you should find a new hobby, or position, qb not for you!
Compare this week’s number to last week’s, and then compare the quality of the opponents. I have to like UA in this one.

Compare this week’s number to last week’s, and then compare the quality of the opponents. I have to like UA in this one.

I agree completely, it just concerns me laying more that a td w them cause the way their d tends to disappear after halftime. For as much I think Barry Odem was a good hire and as much I like his defenses he gotta be the worst when it comes to figuring out adjustments teams are gonna make against him at halftime! It’s crazy how many ark games play out the same way, 1st half a dead under where they controlling the ball and the d getting off the field quickly, second half turns into a freaking video gm!! I’m thinking maybe playing the 1st half as I have no doubt the d will confuse and bother Rattler early on, I just worry bout what goes on in the locker room and the 2nd half, they could have a comfy lead and get back doored on this easily.

Back