Week 2 Discussion Thread

sorry Zeke, and anyone i led astray w the giants.
idk how to read this league. skins D all of a sudden is soft and the giants o-line is good now? i don’t get it lol.

Yeah....don't listen to me. Lord both those teams suck.

lol. no worries,, i mean i couldnt bring myself to bet nyg and i knew that spread was gonna be a damn factor. surely didnt want to lay -180 or whatever it was on washigton ml.. i make small bets on nfl so no biggie..

Don't worry about it Tito, I leaned that way anyways.

I know looking at week to week comparisons isn't always accurate but after seeing what Washington was last night does anyone else feel maybe the LAC win week one wasn't quite so spectacular? I already have Dallas in a tease but really leaning the +3.5 now also.

Patriots are laying 6 on the road. They are trash, might have to ML fade them for a little just on principle. Hoodie vs rookie qbs yeah I get it but this game looks like a tossup to me.

Cincy likely a play for me. They held Cook in check and if the Bears run game isn't going, it'll put Dalton in much tougher spot. Tough to rely on them for a road win, but I do think they are the better team.

SF/Philly over getting a look from me. Even with Mostert out the SF offense has weapons. Aiyuk wasn't in the gameplan last week but I'd think that changes. Philly offense should be able to exploit the 49ers depleted secondary for a couple big plays. I don't think either team gets blown out but lean to the 49ers to get it done.

OK I've had time to settle down and think about the Bills game.

Bills thoughts

Let me preface this by saying I'm not as high on the Bills as most fans I talk to. I still think even at their best KC beats them 8 out of 10x so all this SB talk is annoying. That being said they are a very good team that came out with high hopes and got smacked in the mouth.

Pittsburgh had 3 sacks and 8 qb hits on Allen.

Anyone who watched could see the Bills offense was out of sync. Beasley had a terrible game. But why? Because the oline got absolutely dominated. The Steelers only blitzed once and had a billion qb pressures anyway. Feliciano got beat on nearly every snap. The PFF on the oline is hilariously bad. I don't think Miami's defense is anywhere near the caliber of Pitt. They won't be generating a pass rush like Pitt without blitzing. If they have to blitz, Allen will pick apart the coverage. That you can be sure of. Miami also capitalizes on turnovers. If the Bills protect the ball and pass protect for Allen and this game gets out of hand. Gabe Davis is banged up- I'm high on him as the breakout deep threat this season. Allen has plenty of weapons to spread the ball around so I'm not too concerned for this matchup.

The defense played fine last week. No Star again for the d line but that's nothing new. Fuller out another game doesn't hurt the Bills now. Again I think the Bills weakness defensively is the 2nd corner. I don't think Tua will be able to exploit it though.

Special teams initially showed signs of explosiveness in the return game, only to help lose the game with a botched punt. I don't understand how we let a good punter go so easily, but I hope lw isn't a sign of things to come.

It is worth noting the Bills crushed all the Fin's playoff dreams the last time they faced off- much like Pitt there is a revenge angle in play. I like all the responses I heard from the Bills team this week and I think they get back on track here with a win. Spread is scary with the hook out there but I'm not laying -180. If for some reason it drops to 160-165 it'll be a bigger wager, but I'll be on the Bills ats.

The 0-1s vs the 1-0s - week 2s best bets. 10 games this week and most of them look pretty good.

Bears -3 vs Bengals - like it a lot
Browns -12.5 vs Texans - like it a lot
Colts +4 vs Rams - a little smelly but these are the kind of plays you have to run towards
Bills -3 at Dolphins - like it a lot
Jags +6 vs Broncos - tough to back....the truly awful teams tend to go against the reversal trend
Vikings +4 at Cards - like it, line looks off after last weeks results. Run to it.
Falcons +12.5 at Bucs - gotta hold the nose and take the points. Bucs can be had through the air.
Cowboys +3 at Chargers - should be OK although value is not there due to Cowboys being a public team
Titans +5.5 at Seahawks - like it a lot
Ravens +4 vs Chiefs - line is pretty heavy for KC, gotta play it on principal.
6-3 with the Ravens to go. Jags were a bad bet as advertised. Browns had every chance to cover. Falcons we’re in line to cover until Ryan went colorblind.

Back