Week 2 B1G thread

S. Bama is coming off a 3-9 season playing in the Sun Belt. If you can read stats properly, Nebraska played well here? They got outplayed and were +2 in turnovers.

No, they didnt play well according to their standards (or what many would see as their standards). Who said they played well though? Cub said he will take it as a great game that got him 4-5 pts of value this week.

187 is a great battle partner. Would always be up to forget our differences in college football allegiance and fight the world with him :D

Me vs BAR isn‘t happening again. Wise people have told me that fighting BAR isn‘t wise. And maybe i‘m too good at riling him up, then the fight becomes unequal lol. Should stick to scuffles with normal users.

Last edited:
187 is a great battle partner. Would always be up to forget our differences in college football allegiance and fight the world with him :D

Me vs BAR isn‘t happening again. Wise people have told me that fighting BAR isn‘t wise. And maybe i‘m too good at riling him up, then the fight becomes unequal lol. Should stick to scuffles with normal users.
Hmmmmm

When you win versus BAR, you lose. And when you don't win, you still lose. That's my take on it. BAR and I are in peaceful relation.

Hey, I've been a member of this forum for over 10 years. Its ok to have differences of opinions. The difference here is it doesn't go too far. We just keep capping, keep evaluating, keep growing in knowledge and that's it.
This is the best forum around so I'm appreciative of the work all of you put into this.

Hey, I've been a member of this forum for over 10 years. Its ok to have differences of opinions. The difference here is it doesn't go too far. We just keep capping, keep evaluating, keep growing in knowledge and that's it.
This is the best forum around so I'm appreciative of the work all of you put into this.
Bingo :shake:

I was so excited to see this new “speed in space” Michigan offense and man was I not impressed. They really did not seem impressive to me and lot of times oline got beat by mtsu pass rushers. Tend to agree army will have a incredibly difficult time scoring but dunno if I can lay more than 3tds w that offense?

I was so excited to see this new “speed in space” Michigan offense and man was I not impressed. They really did not seem impressive to me and lot of times oline got beat by mtsu pass rushers. Tend to agree army will have a incredibly difficult time scoring but dunno if I can lay more than 3tds w that offense?
Well, Michigan was down their RT to start with. They also barely passed in the 2h due to Patterson rib injury. Those are parts. And, it's the first week. We weren't expecting a full uptempo but it was nice to have no huddle getting the plays off in 10-13 seconds shorter than last year. Give it time. Dpj was hurt as well.

Well, Michigan was down their RT to start with. They also barely passed in the 2h due to Patterson rib injury. Those are parts. And, it's the first week. We weren't expecting a full uptempo but it was nice to have no huddle getting the plays off in 10-13 seconds shorter than last year. Give it time. Dpj was hurt as well.

I read that Mayfield was basically even with Stueber as they were competing for the starting position. Is that not accurate?

Agreed. I think. I had trouble reading this :)

Injury bug for him. He caught a leg problem in spring that lingered all summer. Well, I believe he was around 90% and ready to go before this newest one.

We already have an AM thread :)

Hard to see it really mattering all that much given the opponent, but Wisconsin starting MLB Chris Orr and OLB Izayah Green-May plus FS Scott Nelson will be out this week vs Central Mich due to injuries. Starting RT Logan Bruss also out. This according to the USA Today injury report.

Hard to see it really mattering all that much given the opponent, but Wisconsin starting MLB Chris Orr and OLB Izayah Green-May plus FS Scott Nelson will be out this week vs Central Mich due to injuries. Starting RT Logan Bruss also out. This according to the USA Today injury report.
Ty

I think PSU‘s result may repeat itself. We saw last year repeatedly that peanut head loves to bully the weak. 51-6 vs Pitt, 63-10 vs Kent, 63-24 vs Illinois. Blowout after blowout (and this was with a very young defense taking advantage of the redshirt rule).
Oh god that illy game last year

I continue to make lots of bets on the B1G and continue to lose more than I win.
Week 1 I had Illini for a win; lost on Indiana, Northwestern, and So Florida ( Wisconsin)

Had several of the big favs in a ML parlay that included, unfortunately, Tennessee.

This week it looks like I'll be on Cincinnati, Purdue, and maybe Colorado.
Michigan, Penn State, and Wisky are all in my big ML parlay and I have a sizable investment in Sparty at the Money Line.

Don't like Iowa giving big points and Orange v Terps I have no clue.

Someone talked to me about the Minny game and I'll listen. Leaning Home Team in that one.

Quick homer thoughts on Purdue and take aways from last weeks unlucky but not so unexpected disaster in Reno....

Obviously if Purdue/Reno play that game out 100 times Purdue wins more than 90 of them but some taking the foot off the gas, along with an ill TE Hopkins, uncharacteristic RoMo special teams mistakes, and IMO some coaching mistakes not rotating the D'line more led to a gassed defense at altitude in the 4th. At one point total yards were about 450 for Purdue and 100 for Nevada. I expected it to be closer than it should and Purdue probably dominated the game a bit more than I expected but the result shouldn't surprise anyone nor change their opinion of either Purdue nor Nevada.

What that game did do was adjust Purdue in the market this week about 3 points vs look ahead markets and I'm not sure that's accurate.

I'll be happy to lay 7 or lower against Vandy although I do expect them to have a little success this week and get to 20+ but I think you see Brohm keep the aggression up through 4 quarters and win this one by double digits vs the 4th quarter mentality last week. Quotes from Brohm below...

“We have to be on the attack,” said Brohm after Thursday’s practice. “That means you have to be smart, too. You can’t be overly aggressive, but you have to err on being slightly aggressive. At the same time, we have to be efficient in what we are doing. We have to be able to be balanced on offense. It can’t be all pass, we can't rely on the pass the entire game."

Obviously not ground breaking but meaningful enough that I think he'll put things in the hands of his play calling vs rely on a worn down defense in the 4th. That being said I expect a bit more rotation in the DL and secondary early but also aren't as concerned in game 2 of the D wearing down against the pass at home vs what happened up at Reno.

41-24 Purdue

I obviously like both the Purdue TT over of 31 or the -7 and played both but went a bit heavier on Purdue -6.5/7 as I did like what I saw from Purdue's run defenses last week although I know it's nothing like going against Vaughn.

Someone talked to me about the Minny game and I'll listen. Leaning Home Team in that one.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts as well.

I was generally disappointed with Minnesota game 1. I knew South Dakota St would be quality test, but did figure Min would have enough to win by 10-20 and not be threatened at the end. I thought that Min D could control action vs the new SDSt QB and Min run O would be the best unit on the field doing well to open up the passing game. Instead SDSt outrushed them and Min needed a turnover late on a short field for a come-from-behind win. That was with a gift pick-six the Gophers got. Without that critical INT and then the late game SDSt fumble Min would likely be 0-1.

I expect the going to be tough agin this week, Min isn't going to face any less of a D here. I might expect Min D to be good enough to limit or force some mistakes out of the Fresno QB, which they did last week getting that pick-six, but it still almost wasn't enough.

Unfortunately I fell asleep and didn't see the second half of the Fresno-SC game. But it appears that Fresno was up for the challenge. They did trail 14-0 and 31-13 before rallying and they essentially were going against SC's 3rd string QB (Daniels out Sears transfer). Each team had lots of turnovers, so I'm not sure I can make a case one team hurt themselves more than the other.

I guess I lean Fresno. Min likely presents less of a challenge for Fresno everywhere expect at QB (Morgan vs Slovis I suppose is edge Min). Fresno only faced a worthy QB for 1.5 qrts and while Min WRs aren't what USC has, the Min bunch is pretty good, they went underutilized last week with just 18 pass attempts. What will Fleck and Co do...trust Morgan to throw it around or lean on a bevy of good RB to control the game and limit potential passing game misques?

Thinking back to last year's game, trouble is I also believe that Min is better right now than they were week 2 2018 when these two met and I am still of the opinion that Fresno right now is not as good as Fresno was week 2 '18. That doesn't mean Fresno can't win, I just think on balance Min is the better team. Better team doesn't always win. Tough late night kick in a tough place to play here.

Tedford is 11-1 at home with the only loss being the fluke upset by UNLV 2017 (Fresno was 21pt fav). Fleck surprisingly is just 2-8 in true road games which includes losses to ILL, Mary, Pur and NW...teams they should matchup and fair better vs.

I was high on Minnesota this year being a tough out for teams and more likely to win 8 games or more than not. After week 1 I am wondering about that.

I don't have a side I planning on right now, but wanted to offer up something. Maybe we'll get some more takes on it.

You know a helluva lot more about this game than I do, mr. s— —k. I saw neither team last week. I do not like giving points on the road and the fact that Fresno was able to win last year’s game on the road carries some weight with me. Fresno treated me well last week and I have an unfortunate tendency to stick with a winner.
( I did not play last week Minny game with SDSU, ) tough call last week and again this week. It’s either a no play for me or Fresno at the ML. Thank you so much for the input, and good luck.

There are people who can make more sense out of doing this than me, but

USC -14 home vs Fresno (with healthy JT)
Phil Steele SC HF 5 pts, Fresno HF 3.75 pts
=USC -5.25 at Fresno (with healthy JT)

Min is -3 at Fresno

USC would -2.25 neutral vs Min?

That doesn't seem right. Makes me think this line for Min should be shorter or Fresno favored. But I'm not great at analyzing numbers like this.

Thanks for the correction, mr. efc. Sloppy on my part and I apologize for not looking back at my records. Fresno’s loss last year on the road is part of my lean in their direction this year

OR....

Min -6.75 vs Fresno neutral (with the current -3 and removing Fresno HF of 3.75)
Min -10.25 home vs Fresno (adding Phil Steel 3.5 HF for Min).

Last year the line was Even or Pick right? Like I said, Min is better, Fresno probably not as good, but that seems like a big adjustment. Just based on last year's line (with last year's teams), Fresno would've been -7.25 at home vs Gophers. That is over a 10 point adjustment. If I'm doing all that right.

Back