Week 17 NE vs Miami

• Thread starter Thread starter CapeCodCannibal
  • Start date Start date
C

CapeCodCannibal

Miami Dolphins +10.5

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but I think a Mia win sends them to Hou instead of Pitt. 10.5 is way too much. 3 point game.

Definitely too many points on a rivalry game where they almost always split and where Brady might not play the entire game. On the other hand, there really is no great benefit for Miami to win since they already have a playoff spot and too many things have to happen for them to move up a notch. But yes, too many points to give Miami.

Can't do it for personal reasons. Also FWIW heard Brady talk on local sports radio. Granted he, Billy nor the rest of the team give anything away but Brady did mention the team would be just as focused this week in practice as they were last week because they don't want a repeat of what happened last year. It really seemed from his tone that they weren't taking this lightly & wouldn't be sitting starters. They know how important home field is after last year more than ever. If they go up big sure there's a chance of the backdoor cover but at that point if the game is out of reach why would Miami be playing their starters. I think the line is that high for a reason.

Miami is typically not looking forward to a playoff game the following week with a risk of injury. If this was week 12 I see no way the line would be this high. Something is fucky, very very fucky.

Personally, with Tanahill already out, I can't see Miami risking their backup Moore this week and potentially having to start their third string QB. If he does start, I can see Moore with a pretty early exit. But who knows what coaches have planned for this week.

aw man the thought of TJ Yates starting a playoff game against his former team and Tom Savage, makes me laugh thinking of it

Terrible. I'm 0-2 betting against the best athlete to ever live.

Back