Week 17 Discussion

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
More of a thread for the non-playoff teams, but there's a ton of them so let's chat

I'll start with saying I dislike JAX and think their coaching change means little, so TEN below -3 would be tough for me to avoid. Also interested in DEN playing spoiler if Siemian is confirmed starter and the proud BAL franchise if they catch 3 from a Bengals team who certainly played hard last week but are 0/2 on rostering reliable kickers this season

jags playing colts

lol my bad. Let's adjust that to liking TEN less than -3 vs HOU as Savage was horrendous and even without Mariota they still have a dominant OL and i imagine they'll feed Murray and Henry assuming they're active

Bills are-3.5 otr vs the jets with ej Manuel starting and likely no gilmore. Lol. Maybe the bills want to get Lynn the win as interim hc, but I could also see them not caring at all after the way they lost last week

I wish it was anyone other than the Jets Lex. Talk about a team that quit on the season....

i like Oakland here. too big of an overreaction to a team that is still good even with McGloin. Denver has quit and a win for them helps KC, who they are probably not trying to help too much after that Poe td. Denver is also going to play Lynch some. He is not good. Oakland takes care of business without Carr

I wish it was anyone other than the Jets Lex. Talk about a team that quit on the season....

Fitz seems to care, but agree that there are too risks with teams that have nothing to play for so if you're playing a team who is out of it you have to be sure they care. Not sure that's doable, but I like BAL and think they're the proud franchise who won't pack it in

Steve Smith's possible last game, Suggs doesn't seem like a guy who likes to lose... but i can't see Jimmy Smith playing after not making it back with their season on the line for PIT

i like Oakland here. too big of an overreaction to a team that is still good even with McGloin. Denver has quit and a win for them helps KC, who they are probably not trying to help too much after that Poe td. Denver is also going to play Lynch some. He is not good. Oakland takes care of business without Carr

still good, sure, but barely survived a bunch of games and now they're down one of their best players at the most important position on the field. I don't hate McGloin and think his bad record as a starter is due to being on a bad team or teams, but i'd be cautious to throw around the quit word unless you know for sure

The thought that Denver won't be trying b/c of the Poe TD is crazy to me. Poe was on the field laughing with Talib and Harris after the game. Kubiak called timeouts on that drive which extended the game and allowed the TD to happen.

Denver hates Oakland as much as they hate KC and I'm sure they don't forget Oakland whipping their ass earlier this year. That being said, Denver could sit guys which would be a problem. Wolfe, Marshall, Ward and Ware all probably not going and Asston Lynch probably playing a lot for Denver. I do lean Oakland +1 but nothing to do with last week's game in KC.

Heard on NFL Radio the Giants will be playing their starters. No mention of how long & could all be BS but that's what I heard. I love them in a sweetheart tease getting them to +20.5.

Pitt expected to sit Ben, Levion & Antonio, but against Cleveland does it matter.

The thought that Denver won't be trying b/c of the Poe TD is crazy to me. Poe was on the field laughing with Talib and Harris after the game. Kubiak called timeouts on that drive which extended the game and allowed the TD to happen.

I love how all the talking heads (and D-Woww lol) forgot this. That Denver called a TO right before the play, thus they were still trying to compete and win. So if you want to call that time out, all bets are off.

I'm prob on Denver this week. If they stick to a plan for once and run the ball, they should have success scoring for a change. Denver is not quitting. Miller and Talib, et. al are way too proud to mail it in. And they could give two shits about KC winning the division if they win.

I am flummoxed by some of the other games and will prob look to some of you for angles. But I'll take Green Bay all day every day at 3. Sorry to my Detroit brethren here at CTG. I think Detroit was a fraud all year. They do very little well. And now GB comes in on fire. Yikes .

Heard on NFL Radio the Giants will be playing their starters. No mention of how long & could all be BS but that's what I heard. I love them in a sweetheart tease getting them to +20.5.

Pitt expected to sit Ben, Levion & Antonio, but against Cleveland does it matter.
Why would the giants risk an injury to one of the their key players. if the starters play, it will probably only be for a series or 2. Vegas posted a +7 for a reason

I don't wish injury upon anybody, but I do think if u stupidly play these guys in meaningless spots, you deserve whats coming to you

I love how all the talking heads (and D-Woww lol) forgot this. That Denver called a TO right before the play, thus they were still trying to compete and win. So if you want to call that time out, all bets are off.

I'm prob on Denver this week. If they stick to a plan for once and run the ball, they should have success scoring for a change. Denver is not quitting. Miller and Talib, et. al are way too proud to mail it in. And they could give two shits about KC winning the division if they win.

I am flummoxed by some of the other games and will prob look to some of you for angles. But I'll take Green Bay all day every day at 3. Sorry to my Detroit brethren here at CTG. I think Detroit was a fraud all year. They do very little well. And now GB comes in on fire. Yikes .

Denver hasn't been able to run the ball at all. It's a plan that has failed miserably and you don't want them to return to that

does MIA have anything to play for? The line swelled because people thought they'd be sitting people, i thought, but at 11-5 they would be tied with KC if they lose and it'd come down to tiebreakers...

does MIA have anything to play for? The line swelled because people thought they'd be sitting people, i thought, but at 11-5 they would be tied with KC if they lose and it'd come down to tiebreakers...

Miami can get the 5 seed.

mia always plays ne tough in miami...all kinds of weird shit happens...i hardly ever bet against the pats but i might tomorrow....mia will come to play, they will play hard and 9 is a lot to lay here i'm thinking

totally agree with cap on gb

I need to look for a" Romo throws an int" prop. Always play that when he comes back from injury.
May not play tho.

Using Oakland in a bunch of 7 pt teasers with Iowa, Falcons.

Is McAdoo really playing everyone today? If so he's a moron.

Not sure what Giants are doing. Playing to keep division rival out perhaps? It is true that offense is not in top form yet, but losing Eli or OBJ would be catastrophic.

Will probably still play Pitt without the big 3. Browns got their big win out of the way, wept with relief and joy in the locker room after the game. It's just not in Pittsburgh's DNA to lose to Cleveland at home. They can't sit everybody. I'll bet against RGIII/Kessler doing much.

So, if wash loses, both GB and Lions get in with tie. If they play game legit, only one gets in. Be funny if both teams took a knee entire game.

Back