Week 17 Discussion Thread

Can’t see how Tua plays this week or next u less they are trying to kill him. 3 concussions in 2 months is no bueno.
Teddy is good enough to beat Patriots. At +3 I took the Fins (its at -120)... have not posted it as a play b/c I might not keep it. But, I probably will

I found a way for the Titans and Jags to both be in as a Wild card (with the other winning the division), but it's largely preposterous (Jags scenario would have them tying twice for instance). Titans one is a little more realistic but still results with them tying the Jags.

Looks like D Carr has played his last game with the Raiders. Kinda seems a bit like a Stafford situation. I would imagine quite a few teams would be happy to sign him.
Can see all 4 teams in the NFC South try to snag him

Good year to be shopped for sure if you have a pedigree at all

I dono if this means hes gone for sure

Just gives options because if he was injured, get locked into next two years of deal

My guess is he gets traded pretty quickly post sb

If the browns lose, nbc wont even wait for the nfl to announce it, will see commercials right away that pack v lions is snf week 18

Raiders continue to show why they’re a bottom franchise...total circus. Obviously he’s not a great talent but still would be good to see Carr play for a competent coaching staff and organization if he decides to keep playing

You mean if they win?

Jets and browns wins this week makes week 18 very wild.
Jets is super interesting, cause if they dont win, Miami this week doesnt really need to win

Assuming Bills beat the patriots week 18, they should still need a win for 1 seed and bye so wont be resting, would mean that jets dolphins week 18 is win and in, dolphins game this week wouldnt matter, they would need to beat jets no matter what

Jets is super interesting, cause if they dont win, Miami this week doesnt really need to win

Assuming Bills beat the patriots week 18, they should still need a win for 1 seed and bye so wont be resting, would mean that jets dolphins week 18 is win and in, dolphins game this week wouldnt matter, they would need to beat jets no matter what
Interesting. Hadn't looked at this hard as of yet..

Titans sitting everyone tomorrow?
I sure wud sit Henry and any player needing to nurse an injury. Henry "doubtful"

But before then is Thursday's Week 17 game against the Dallas Cowboys. For a team with a lengthy injury list on a short week at the end of the season, the Titans are in a position to rest some players if needed. The Titans' result on Thursday won't change the importance of the trip to Jacksonville.

Titans coach Mike Vrabel admitted as much after Saturday's game.

"We've got some guys who have played a lot of football for us that are far less than 100%," Vrabel said. "It's those guys that I appreciate that, no matter what, find a way to be here for this team. So we'll try to figure out who we have and who's available and then make some decisions."

So which players would be good candidates for a week of rest? Tannehill fits the bill. Jeffery Simmons has popped up on the injury report since his return from an ankle injury in Week 11 and did not practice in full leading into Saturday's game. Amani Hooker (knee) and Kristian Fulton (groin) missed Saturday's game with injuries. Zach Cunningham (elbow), Bud Dupree (chest) and Nicholas Petit-Frere (ankle) all left Saturday's game with injuries.

Oh nice. I wasn’t sure who got in if them and Miami ended 9-8, guess jets get in by virtue of going 2-0 H2H? So it actually be better for Miami to beat pats in case bills not playing for anything final week. I don’t think fish beating pats tho, then the problem is if bills lose to Cincy then they pretty much locked into the 2 seed (cause kc not losing) and could treat the pats game like a bye. That would suck, last thing anyone wants is to see pats in the playoffs by virtue of bills handing them the win. Assuming bills were the 2 they would play the 7 seed and could be in position to pick their opponent. In that case I’d think they would absolutely rather play pats than either Miami or jets.
Bills lose to the Bengals they'll be the 3 seed ....
Mondays game is a much bigger game for the BILLS than Bengals.....not sure I'd bet it though other than player props

Bills lose to the Bengals they'll be the 3 seed ....
Mondays game is a much bigger game for the BILLS than Bengals.....not sure I'd bet it though other than player props

I can’t see bengals giving any less effort tho. Should be a hell of a game. Super interested since we seen burrow beat mahomes bunch of times last 2 years but we havnt seen burrow vs Allen. Far as I know cincy still hasn’t wrapped up the division, I’m sure they want to get that done to secure at least 1 home game. Of course if Steelers beat ravens then think this game would be basically meaningless for cincy. I’d still expect their best effort tho.

If Jets lose & Miami wins, then Miami clinches.

Here? We should roll but betting KC has not been a profitable venture on big spreads.

On Cincy, Tampa and Houston

Love cincy. Hate houston but must play imo. Your squad works for the books! They will manage to let donks cover! I like pecheco to smash over 61.5 rush yards in this one.

Back