Week 16

garland

Cleveland -3
Philadelphia +7.5
Pittsburgh -3
San Diego Whatever it is when line comes out at Pinny.

Garland I would definately buy Seattle at 4.5 or higher. Great chance for a middle on this game.

Austintx_05 said:
Garland I would definately buy Seattle at 4.5 or higher. Great chance for a middle on this game.

If I would have them at -3 I would. At 3.5 I just don't know.

BTW, please tell me why Texas -8 is not a guaranteed play? I would like to get some advice from a Texas fan. Thanks. This just looks too easy.

Because Colt's status is shaky right now and if he doesnn't go then Snead will go and he has taken 3 snaps all year. Our secondary is depleted and one of the worst pass defenses in the country. Iowa has been a big disappointment and thi sis Tate's final game of his college career.

Need any more reasons?

Austintx_05 said:
Because Colt's status is shaky right now and if he doesnn't go then Snead will go and he has taken 3 snaps all year. Our secondary is depleted and one of the worst pass defenses in the country. Iowa has been a big disappointment and thi sis Tate's final game of his college career.

Need any more reasons?
If you actually follow Texas football I would hope that when you said Snead you actually meant Matt McCoy. Otherwise, you know very little as a fan. Also fwiw, our secondary is not depleted. They are healthy. We give up large chunks of yards in the air imo because our LB's are actually the problem. They get dominated at the point of attack and we've had to bring safeties close to the line all year in run support roles. Thats why we are so vulnerable deep and have gotten burned countless times on play action and flea flickers. However, I think -8 for Texas is pretty good. This will be a home game for Texas. It is completely sold out and it sold out fast. As long as Colt is playing UT will be fine.

albyman32 said:
If you actually follow Texas football I would hope that when you said Snead you actually meant Matt McCoy. Otherwise, you know very little as a fan. Also fwiw, our secondary is not depleted. They are healthy. We give up large chunks of yards in the air imo because our LB's are actually the problem. They get dominated at the point of attack and we've had to bring safeties close to the line all year in run support roles. Thats why we are so vulnerable deep and have gotten burned countless times on play action and flea flickers. However, I think -8 for Texas is pretty good. This will be a home game for Texas. It is completely sold out and it sold out fast. As long as Colt is playing UT will be fine.

Also, I thought your QB only had a stinger. Does it take this long for that injury to heal, or are they making this a bigger deal than it really is for pubicility? I still like Texas. Think Texas and Rutgers win going away.

albyman32 said:

Don't try and insult me. Please. If you feel the need to do so , then PM me. I fully understand the linebacker situation, but the secondary hasn't exactly looked sharp. I bleed orange and support my team even through horrible losses to K St, but the facts are our secondary has been giving up big plays, even if they were set up due to help needed from the linebacker core. I have not heard Colt's status so I can't tell you what the deal is, but I can tell you that Iowa covers this game.

Sorry for the double post i accidentally hit enter. Why is a lot of people over cleveland this weekend. I am a huge cleveland fan and i still don't know why cleveland is laying points to anyone. I think Bucs defense wins this one outright.

I really like cleveland's qb and think he has significant potiential for the future.

frankiegotti said:
Sorry for the double post i accidentally hit enter. Why is a lot of people over cleveland this weekend. I am a huge cleveland fan and i still don't know why cleveland is laying points to anyone. I think Bucs defense wins this one outright.

I really like cleveland's qb and think he has significant potiential for the future.
How in the hell can you be a <st1:city><st1>Cleveland</st1></st1:city> fan? You are from <st1:city><st1>Pittsburgh</st1></st1:city>, and Italian. If you were Slovenian, I would understand.

At any rate, AFC vs NFC ATS is I think, at 75% in favor of the AFC.Cleveland, and SD are the two AFC teams playing the two NFC teams.

frankiegotti said:
Austintx, you still never answered the question about how you didn't know who the 2nd string qb

I didn't know I was asked the question of who was the 2nd string. I thought it was Snead, but I guess I am wrong. Never claimed to be perfect. I really do not know the status of the Texas QB situation right now.

Austintx_05 said:
I didn't know I was asked the question of who was the 2nd string. I thought it was Snead, but I guess I am wrong. Never claimed to be perfect. I really do not know the status of the Texas QB situation right now.
Thats why I thought it was weird that you said you bled burnt orange? I wasn't trying to insult but I was hoping you had just made a typo. FYI, Jevan Snead has transferred to Ole Miss. This has been pretty big UT news for a while. For what its worth, your original post you said Snead had taken 3 snaps all year. Thats not true either considering he had to play almost the whole K State game since Colt got hurt on the 1st drive. The current 2nd string QB is a walk on named Matt McCoy who has never thrown a pass in his career. Behind him would be WR Quan Cosby. Sherrod Harris is a legitimate QB but we will not burn his shirt in the last game of the year. This situation would be absolutely awful and simply won't happen. Colt will almost certainly play in this game because otherwise we are not giving ourselves a shot to win. We will probably have a limited passing attack in order to protect him though.

Honestly - I have not kept up with the latest news on Snead. Him taking 3 snaps was a figure of speech. A buddy of mien told me Snead left, but I wasn't sure and never followed it up.

Back