Week 16 Discussion Thread

Lex. Tits are approaching this like a playoff gm.
Lose and there is still hope for the playoffs.

If I were you, bet on the Titans. If you lose GREAT that helps Buf. It's a win/ win for you.

Does anyone remember the old saying about 5pt & 8pt #s?

If it's 5 bet on the Fav, 8 take the dog?
I can't remember that old rule.

Going into this weekend, I wouldn't bet against, Viks, Eagles or Rams. These 3 have turned it up a notch and can smell. the SB

Packers can suck this fat hogggg

And LOL to the "Rodgers must be released" story. Would be fitting if it was enforced. Cheating MF'ers.

#SKOL

Pats inactives...

DR0z2_MUIAAD_1L.jpg

Some guy that's never kicked in the NFL...heard they didn't want someone who has demons from missing before.

Also brewers im with you on baker. Hes gonna be a stud. Lots of ppl like twink hating on him, but the kid is Brees 2.0

Brees 2.0? Not a freaking chance! None, zilch, zero!!! I'm certainly wrong plenty about lots of things but saying mayfield is no Brees and never will be close is a pretty easy one. More likely to be manzel 2.0 than brees imho., drafting him in 1st round would be a big mistake so browns will probably take him!! He a very Browns type player! Lmao

Mayfield is very similar to Manziel.

Great arm and can scramble a lot.

I don't see him being a good fit in the NFL-
He scrambles too much and can't set his feet and play qb.

He isn't a pocket passer. Plus Oklahoma offense is so easy. All bubble screens and easy throws to tight ends and long deep ones off play action.

Imo Mayfield isn't Athletuc or big enough. M
How is mayfield any better than Manziel was?

My thoughts exactly, just another Sooners qb putting up big numbers curtesy of the system. If he has a Sam Bradford career I'd be impressed! lol. Not to say he anything like Bradford just in sense putting up numbers in Sooners offense.

He has Moxy and is confident. Has a good arm.

But he's not Brees. Brees has excellent footwork and pocket discipline.

Mayfield is another Russel Wilson in the pocket. Buys time and then finds open receivers.

I think mayfield is like mariotta a college qb that isn't good enough for the NFL.

Wilson? Man I'm shocked this kid being compared to one HOF'er (brees) and potentially another in Wilson! Marriota another bust who I think is like mayfields best case.

Saying what does Mayfield have that Manziel didn't is a crazy question imo, because he has EXACTLY what Manziel didn't. Lets remember, Manziel didn't play for awhile and suck. He came into the NFL, partied, did drugs, didn't study the playbook, took it all for granted, and when the team was forced to play him a few times, he basically played pick up ball.

Mayfield is the exact opposite. He is a warrior and a leader. He will learn the playbook and work hard. I do hear the kid likes to have fun, but not in lieu of football like Manziel, who was entitled as shit.

So to say Mayfield = Manziel is not fair. I think a better way to put it is Mayfield could be what people hoped Manziel was going to be.

I don't think it any less fair than comparing him to a HOF'er in brees!!! Mariota by all accounts works hard, think that far more fair comp and best case for what mayfield can be in NFL.

I think he can be every bit as good as Brees and Wilson. If I were running the Jets I would do whatever it takes to get Mayfield.

Wow. Wish there was a way to bet against that. Mayfield gonna be every bit as good as HOF qb's? No for the max please. Something tells me that would be incredibly juicy!!

Patriots + Steelers absolutely fade-worthy after their superbowl last week and now being so highly favored.

Bengals fade train.

Vikings, Ravens, Panthers ML combo looks good to me. Maybe add Chiefs and Bears for play money.

Fading Jags on west coast with revenge game on deck.

No other explanation for Jags giving up 30+ to 49ers. Psychological sandwich effect after clinching playoffs, maybe they got word of Titans loss and Patriots win too.

Wow. Wish there was a way to bet against that. Mayfield gonna be every bit as good as HOF qb's? No for the max please. Something tells me that would be incredibly juicy!!

I think he will be a great NFL QB and I desperately want the Jets to trade up for him but the Jets don't believe in drafting QBs in the first round. Luckily Hackenberg should be ready for action in another 6 or 7 seasons.

I don't think it any less fair than comparing him to a HOF'er in brees!!! Mariota by all accounts works hard, think that far more fair comp and best case for what mayfield can be in NFL.

hey man, that's the fun of this. I think hes a star and you think hes a middling prospect at best. itll be fun to see how it plays out.

I certainly agree mariota needs a new coach but I also don't think he close to a star. He just isn't that talented of a passer imo.. far as mayfield I been wrong plenty in my life and surely could be here but comparing him to brees just seems absurd and incredibly disrespectful to a guy who gonna be in the HOF.

Back