Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Week 15 games with PR:

Alabama @ Arkansas (+28.5)
UGA @ Mizzou (+7.5)
Tennessee @ Vanderbilt (+5.5)
LSU @ UF (-22.5)
AU @ Miss St (+2)
Ole Miss @ aTm (-15.5)

I probably don't have Vanderbilt rated low enough. Tennessee, and Pruitt especially, need to win this game and to win it going away. Of course, there's probably a decent chance it gets canceled. I think Pruitt is gone if they can hire Freeze, but a loss here and I think they may make a move regardless

No idea what to expect out of Alabama and Florida. Florida especially needs to be full strength next week since they have to win to get in the playoff, so I can see them resting starters as early as possible, though I don't know enough about Mullen to guess how he will play it. Saban will likely not consider the game next week at all, so I'd expect the starters in until the game is well in hand. 1H bets on Alabama probably still safe

I'm not sure I'm buying UGA yet with Daniels at QB, and I think Mizzou can keep it interesting. At least moreso than South Carolina. They've only played twice in the last 5 weeks, so I assume they should be pretty healthy?

I think both Mississippi schools can pull off the upset here. AU has a serious lack of difference makers on both sides of the ball, the question is can Miss St offense take advantage? I don't think Ole Miss will win, but they will make aTm's defense uncomfortable. I don't know how OM can stop aTm's run game, but if a few series go their way, it could be pretty tight in the 4th

I probably don't have Vanderbilt rated low enough. Tennessee, and Pruitt especially, need to win this game and to win it going away. Of course, there's probably a decent chance it gets canceled. I think Pruitt is gone if they can hire Freeze, but a loss here and I think they may make a move regardless

No idea what to expect out of Alabama and Florida. Florida especially needs to be full strength next week since they have to win to get in the playoff, so I can see them resting starters as early as possible, though I don't know enough about Mullen to guess how he will play it. Saban will likely not consider the game next week at all, so I'd expect the starters in until the game is well in hand. 1H bets on Alabama probably still safe

I'm not sure I'm buying UGA yet with Daniels at QB, and I think Mizzou can keep it interesting. At least moreso than South Carolina. They've only played twice in the last 5 weeks, so I assume they should be pretty healthy?

I think both Mississippi schools can pull off the upset here. AU has a serious lack of difference makers on both sides of the ball, the question is can Miss St offense take advantage? I don't think Ole Miss will win, but they will make aTm's defense uncomfortable. I don't know how OM can stop aTm's run game, but if a few series go their way, it could be pretty tight in the 4th
I wish the Vols would hire Freeze but I don’t have any faith In the board or trustees, athletic department or anyone else making the decision to do that. I truly his past will deter them from hiring him. I would rather have Matt Campbell but I doubt they get him either. I think Pruitt is here until at least next season since they gave him a two year extension this offseason.

I wish the Vols would hire Freeze but I don’t have any faith In the board or trustees, athletic department or anyone else making the decision to do that. I truly his past will deter them from hiring him. I would rather have Matt Campbell but I doubt they get him either. I think Pruitt is here until at least next season since they gave him a two year extension this offseason.
Just don’t get these extensions so early at jobs that are pretty desired

Just don’t get these extensions so early at jobs that are pretty desired
The only reason you should ever give a coach an extension is A) as a reward for exceeding expectations or B) other schools are trying to hire him and you want to keep him. Otherwise you are putting your school at a pretty severe financial disadvantage if things go poorly. Athletic Departments really should hire a professional negotiator rather than get embarrassed by agents year after year

The only reason you should ever give a coach an extension is A) as a reward for exceeding expectations or B) other schools are trying to hire him and you want to keep him. Otherwise you are putting your school at a pretty severe financial disadvantage if things go poorly. Athletic Departments really should hire a professional negotiator rather than get embarrassed by agents year after year
Totally.

Our boards swear we have this weed policy that no one else has....have y’all heard this?

mans im not being funny

I follow the sport closely along with most of you, including Alabama who I have a deep fondness for. But I feel somewhat stupid not having ever heard of Cam Sims at Bama, in light of that play yesterday. I realize he only had 40 (career) catches at Alabama, but still.

There's always the Clemson model. Hire from within (must be an Alabama native and alumnus), and give the guy a big raise without paying him real head coach money or committing to the long term.

Vanderbilt football's depth chart for the Tennessee game reveals some alarming realities.

The Commodores may have less than 50 scholarship players available for the rivalry game. Some starters don't have backups. Other backups will be limited by injuries. Schemes will be dictated by a shortage at positions. And one of the team's best players won't play.

"Right now, we feel pretty good that we can put a team out there and compete in the game," interim coach Todd Fitch said Tuesday. "I'm really proud of the guys out there. I think they're really excited about playing."

Where Harrison Bailey made his living​

A stingier statistician might have called Eric Gray’s 15-yard score a run. Instead, it went down as a forward pass and Bailey’s first career touchdown. Bailey flipped a screen to Gray, who scooted into the end zone thanks to blocking from Ty Chandler, Velus Jones Jr. and Cedric Tillman.

Bailey finished 14-of-21 for 111 yards, and he showed impressive poise for a freshman facing the nation’s fifth-ranked team. Most of his success came on throws close to the line of scrimmage or behind it.

Seven of Bailey’s attempts were swing passes or screens. He was 7-of-7 on those throws behind the line of scrimmage for 46 yards. He went 6-of-7 for 46 yards on throws in which his target was beyond the line of scrimmage but less than 10 yards downfield.

Bailey didn’t stretch the field with much success. He was 1-of-6 for 19 yards on passes in which the target was at least 10 yards downfield.

The lone completion was a back-shoulder throw to Jones in one-on-one coverage along the sideline.

Bailey twice overthrew targets on passes deep downfield, and he nearly was intercepted while targeting Josh Palmer deep over the middle.

Bailey was sacked five times. Three of those came on plays when Florida rushed five or six defenders, as Tennessee’s offensive line and Gray struggled to pick up blitzing Gators.

Overall, Bailey faltered against the blitz, completing two of seven attempts in those situations, according to Pro Football Focus stats.

J.T. Shrout handled whatever Florida threw at him​

Left, right or center, deep or short, Shrout thrived against the Gators during his fourth-quarter relief appearance. And it didn’t come against scrubs. Despite the lopsided score, key Florida defenders remained on the field.

Shrout finished 12-of-14 for 121 yards with a touchdown.

The breakdown:
  • On throws to targets behind the line of scrimmage: 2-for-2, 0 yards
  • On throws to targets beyond the line of scrimmage but less than 10 yards downfield: 7-for-8, 66 yards
  • On throws to targets between 10 and 20 yards from the line of scrimmage: 2-of-3, 33 yards
  • On throws to targets more than 20 yards downfield: 1-for-1, 22 yards, touchdown
Shrout didn’t face much pressure. The Gators mostly favored three- and four-man rushes as they sat on a healthy lead.

Shrout held up well against the few blitzes he encountered. Florida rushed six defenders on Shrout’s 22-yard touchdown to Jones. He threw a beautiful ball to hit Jones in stride in the end zone against one-on-one coverage from Florida cornerback Jaydon Hill.

Florida tried to establish the run​

Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt deadpanned after the game that he didn’t realize Florida ever ran the ball. But Gators coach Dan Mullen did attempt to mount some semblance of a running game, even though it never got on track while quarterback Kyle Trask feasted on Tennessee’s defense.

Trask handed off eight times on second- or third-and-long plays, and those runs generated just 25 yards, 17 of which came on an end-around run by wide receiver Jacob Copeland.

Mullen might have been better off refusing to acknowledge that running plays were an option.

Where Kyle Trask turned on third down​

Florida was 6-of-9 converting third downs in the first half before going 0-for-4 after halftime. Each conversion came on a Trask completion, three of which moved the chains on third-and-long.

Trask connected with receivers over the middle on three conversions, and he threw corner routes to the left sideline on two. He also completed a wide receiver screen that Trevon Grimes turned into a 17-yard gain.

No single receiver torched UT on third downs. Two of Trask’s third-down completions went to Kadarius Toney. Along with Grimes, Xzavier Henderson, Copeland and Kyle Pitts caught passes on third downs to move the chains.

How did Tennessee handle Kivon Bennett’s absence?​

Pruitt dismissed outside linebacker Kivon Bennett, the team's best pass rusher, last week after Bennett's arrest on gun and drug charges. In Bennett’s absence, Deandre Johnson played a season-high 42 snaps, and Tyler Baron’s 35 snaps marked his most since the Oct. 10 game against Georgia.

Roman Harrison played 15 snaps, and Morven Joseph played three.

The money in a year like this is obviously lacking

LSU boards saying it would be hard to survive this....

I realize it’s 247 but there are like 2-4 guys there that have the inside. Every last one of them is in the same thread right now...

MOT may know more, I know a fellow or two but these guys usually have good info. Wrong or right. And it is looking crazy bro

I’m warming up to a play on State. I can’t imagine Auburn getting up for this one and even if they do State’s D should be able to make life difficult for Nix and Tank. The question as always with State is can they score enough to be competitive. Maybe we see another 3-2 final.

Really? What's going on down there?
It’s a culmination of alotta shit. Cliffs would be:

Orgeron and Big Titty blondes on the web.

Title IX shit

The awful staff hires

Covid/Opt Outs/Fall from

Seems a big disconnect all around. He MAY survive but it’s real real bad

It’s a culmination of alotta shit. Cliffs would be:

Orgeron and Big Titty blondes on the web.

Title IX shit

The awful staff hires

Covid/Opt Outs/Fall from

Seems a big disconnect all around. He MAY survive but it’s real real bad
Apparently last night he has to spin the block after he left work last night because the players went to Admins and he got wind of it late.

I can link the thread....again it’s 247 but there are about 4 guys that know their shit without question about the program more than anyone I know. They had Miles getting fired 1st, etc. It’s rare to see them all in one thread just going on and on at the same time.

Any reason not to ride the bama 1st half train once again? Arky has heart which might impact the full game but bama should do their 1st half steamroll thing again shouldn’t they? Mizzou just scored 50 on Razorbacks! Lol

Any reason not to ride the bama 1st half train once again? Arky has heart which might impact the full game but bama should do their 1st half steamroll thing again shouldn’t they? Mizzou just scored 50 on Razorbacks! Lol
I think the biggest concern is with Alabama coming off two rivalry games that were both revenge, and SEC Championship on deck, and maybe coming out flat. Honestly, I don't get that vibe with this team, especially after what happened the last two seasons at the end. Maybe I'm too much of a homer, but I expect to see the usual effort from Alabama on Saturday.

I think the biggest concern is with Alabama coming off two rivalry games that were both revenge, and SEC Championship on deck, and maybe coming out flat. Honestly, I don't get that vibe with this team, especially after what happened the last two seasons at the end. Maybe I'm too much of a homer, but I expect to see the usual effort from Alabama on Saturday.

yea, I think I’d actually worry more about them taking foot off gas after half than not coming out strong, obviously that wouldn’t matter to this bet. Not as if those last 2 games were tough in any way, think it worry me more if they had to fight hard in those. Seems like they just annihilate teams in the 2nd quarter! I’d love to see their 2nd qrtr numbers compared to any others all time.

nothing wrong with being a homer when your squad is this much better than any other team in the country! Fuckers, lol.

yea, I think I’d actually worry more about them taking foot off gas after half than not coming out strong, obviously that wouldn’t matter to this bet. Not as if those last 2 games were tough in any way, think it worry me more if they had to fight hard in those. Seems like they just annihilate teams in the 2nd quarter! I’d love to see their 2nd qrtr numbers compared to any others all time.

nothing wrong with being a homer when your squad is this much better than any other team in the country! Fuckers, lol.
Also hearing some weather concerns and possibly some OL missing due to contact tracing

With CBS out of the way, my assumption will be that SEC ABC primetime national TV games will be on now. No more being stuck with some kind of weak Big Ten or Big Xll game when the game of the week is on the SEC slate that weekend.

CBS deal was for $55 million a year.
ESPN is expected to be over $300 million a year.

Dammnnnn. What was the current SEC-ESPN deal? With cord cutting and stories of how much of a % ESPN already makes up a cable or satellite bill, they are going to have to hope the over the top ESPN+ stuff ads a bunch of new subs. Don't think ESPN/Disney makes the best financial decisions on their contracts anyway. Great for the SEC. Can ESPN make it work without losing money? Probably not ,but I have no earthly idea on these kind of things.

Back