Week 15 Discussion Thread

Obviously that applies to SF and OAK today/tonight, no clue if TEN stayed out West or not and I'd imagine the night game only helps Oakland

Just realized not only are the Pats on 3 straight road games but its 5 games in 6 on the road. I don't recall too many of those in the modern day NFL. AND they end it facing the major contender for the AFC 'ship.

I wonder if Godell had a hand in that. He must be chuckling at the least.

Just realized not only are the Pats on 3 straight road games but its 5 games in 6 on the road. I don't recall too many of those in the modern day NFL. AND they end it facing the major contender for the AFC 'ship.

I wonder if Godell had a hand in that. He must be chuckling at the least.

I think this may have an impact on the defense but not on the offense. The entire team has to have been looking toward this game for two weeks and they took last sunday off mentally

and tom brady owns the steelers..... i'll be on the pats tt over and full game over

Obviously that applies to SF and OAK today/tonight, no clue if TEN stayed out West or not and I'd imagine the night game only helps Oakland
Titans have been out west for close to 2 weeks.they did not travel back after leaving for Arizona.

Is there a way I can watch the Pats / Steelers gm instead of Titans niners even though I'm in Nashville. No interest in going to a bar

All suggestions welcome

If you have directv don't they give you a one game buy option instead of buying the ticket?

I've gotten worn out with online stuff buffering, etc

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Marvin Lewis is planning to leave the Bengals after this season to pursue other opportunities.

Lewis was already in lame-duck status, so this is a mutual parting. The Bengals have been trending toward moving on since owner Mike Brown didn't extend Lewis going into 2017. Lewis has a .525 winning-percentage (123-111) but is winless in the playoffs and looking at consecutive losing seasons. He won't be back in Cincy, but Lewis could draw offseason interest as a retread.

Is there a way I can watch the Pats / Steelers gm instead of Titans niners even though I'm in Nashville. No interest in going to a bar

All suggestions welcome
Google "Reddit NFL Streams" you might be able to find something there later.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Marvin Lewis is planning to leave the Bengals after this season to pursue other opportunities.

Lewis was already in lame-duck status, so this is a mutual parting. The Bengals have been trending toward moving on since owner Mike Brown didn't extend Lewis going into 2017. Lewis has a .525 winning-percentage (123-111) but is winless in the playoffs and looking at consecutive losing seasons. He won't be back in Cincy, but Lewis could draw offseason interest as a retread.
Be a perfect fit for the Jets, send Bowles back here as DC when Boetcher leaves

the dolphins still have slim playoff aspirations... everyone is expecting a letdown from Monday night.... and nobody thinks cutler can play like that again

Cardinals, despite their record, having no trouble staying motivated
Kent Somers, azcentral sports Published 6:16 p.m. MT Dec. 12, 2017

TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
Only one game separates the Cardinals (6-7) from their opponent this week, Washington (5-8), but judging by comments from their respective locker rooms after Sunday’s games, the teams are miles apart in how they are approaching the final weeks of the season.

After their 12-7 victory over the Titans, the Cardinals sounded like a happy, 53-man family, pointing out their cohesiveness, professionalism and work ethic.

“We have a lot of resolve on this ball club,” receiver Larry Fitzgerald said. “Guys care. It matters to them. We have a lot of pride in what we do and how we do it.”

After Washington’s 30-13 loss to the Chargers, at least one player questioned how seriously his teammates were taking their work.

D.J. Swearinger, a former Cardinals safety, said getting blown out in Los Angeles didn’t surprise him, because Washington has been practicing poorly for weeks.

“It’s just blah, blah. OK, we’re out here to practice, blah,” Swearinger said. “We’ve got to practice better. I’ve been saying that all year.

“It doesn’t surprise me at all. If you don’t prepare well, you’re gonna fail. I don’t think we prepared well, with some of the questions that’s being asked right before the game. ‘What’s this right here? What’s this right here?’

“Y’know, we’re not prepared. It’s all of us: players and coaches. So, we’ve got to be more prepared.”

636487065152862892-swearinger.jpg

Chargers receiver Keenan Allen (13) catches a pass as Redskins safety D.J. Swearinger (36) defend in Los Angeles on Sunday. (Photo: Jake Roth/USA TODAY Sports)

Part of the contrast is due to winning and losing, certainly. The Cardinals know what it’s like to be blown out on the road as Washington was, and after a loss in Philadelphia, coach Bruce Arians said many of his players needed to study more between the end of practice on Friday and the start of the game.

But far more often, Arians has praised his team’s work ethic, and, if anything, he’s been frustrated by a tendency to practice well and play poorly.

The Cardinals use all the traditional ways to determine whether players are continuing to try their best through a disappointing season. Do they practice and play hard? Are they on time for meetings? Do they stay awake and take notes?

The Cardinals use at least one non-traditional method, too. They monitor how much players use electronic tablets, which contain game plans and video.

Arians and his coaches receive reports that detail the use of the tablets (and, no, it doesn’t work just to turn it on and leave it). They can tell who has been studying after leaving the team facility for the day, and who hasn’t.

“Guys are studying the heck out of film, and that’s on their own time,” Arians said. “Those are all really positive signs. Like I said, the character and the leadership of the room is outstanding.”

If it sounds like Big Brother is watching the players, he is. That’s nothing new for players, who are accustomed to be measured and monitored in most everything they do.

That doesn’t mean they all like it, however.

“There’s always some kind of measurement in this league,” linebacker Josh Bynes said. “I can’t control that part.”

Judging by tablet use, Bynes spends more time studying video and the game plan than almost any Cardinals player. Every day when he gets home, he spends time with his wife and kids, then blocks out time to study.

The diligence has paid off on game days. Bynes, who signed with the Cardinals in August, has played well in a role as a backup and spot starter.

A seven-year veteran, Bynes learned long ago that while football is a team game, each player also is an independent contractor of sorts. He is one of 19 Cardinals due to be unrestricted free agents in 2018, and the quickest way to the unemployment line is lack of preparation or coasting in the final weeks of the season.

“At the end of the day it’s your job, despite what the record says and despite if your chances of going to the playoffs have diminished or not,” defensive tackle Frostee Rucker said. “You have an obligation to go out there and work hard. It’s your walking resume.

"You play hard for your family. You are your business and you still have to fight. You can’t lay down.”

Interesting that the NFL has assigned the Tony Corrente officiating crew to Sunday's AFC showdown game between the Patriots and Steelers. The Corrente crew has assessed 203 penalties, tops in the NFL, and officiated over 3 of the 4 highest penalty games of 2017.

Interesting that the NFL has assigned the Tony Corrente officiating crew to Sunday's AFC showdown game between the Patriots and Steelers. The Corrente crew has assessed 203 penalties, tops in the NFL, and officiated over 3 of the 4 highest penalty games of 2017.
I fucking hate this crew. Making me think it's an UNDER game now.

Miami ml for me. 4th time betting against Buffalo and so far 2-1 (Falcons, Saints, Chargers). ML was +145 and went as high as +180. Game over 39.5 and Fins o18

I fucking hate this crew. Making me think it's an UNDER game now.

That was my initial thought but nowadays there's so many personal foul type penalties that hand the offense 15 yard chunks and/or free first downs, I don't think its a given that more penalties=less scoring anymore.

I wonder if there is a site that breaks down officiating crews by the type of penalty called. It would be interesting to see if Corrente and crew are getting this high through personal foul calls and dpi.

Hogan out, Kenny Britt in for the Pats. Not sure if it matters the way we've seen Brady/Belichek sub in no-name receivers with success over the years

I've been awful at team totals this season but Raiders o21.5 really has my eye. Any thoughts?

With a win tonight, Falcons would cap a perfect 14-0 week for favorites. Since the 1970 merger, favorites have won every game during an NFL week only twice--Week 9 of 2005 and Week 5 of 2006--per @ESPNStatsInfo.

Sounds right since I went with dogs for the most part yesterday. Already got that brain juice working for next week.

I heard that on VSIN this morning but I pushed on two games, Pats pushed & Saints didn't cover at -16. There's four non covers, line depending but Pats & Dallas closed at -3 about everywhere I believe.

Back