Week 14 What Did We Learn

Chiefs are at the top of the heap in this QB led league with the state of the art at the most important position

Then we have the Bills and Packers with Allen and Rodgers just throwing it better than everyone not named Patrick

Then there's the team built for December-January football: Tennessee and its workhorse RB that will be a pain in the ass to play

The next level gets crowded,
- You've got the immobile vets who on Any Given Sunday can put it together with the help of a good defense: Saints, Steelers, Rams, Buc, Colts.
- You've also got the mobile QBs with either subpar passing games or a sketchy defense: Seattle, Miami, Arizona, Baltimore.

And at the bottom are five teams with a certain amount of schizophrenia at QB: Browns, WFT, Raiders, Vikings and Bears

Tennessee plays two more awful run defenses down the stretch. The Lions are 29th and Texans are 31st against in yards allowed, and Henry already torched Houston for 212 earlier this year. The Packers have better numbers but their weakness is their run D. #22 has a realistic shot at 2000. Anyone see a prop on that?

Tennessee plays two more awful run defenses down the stretch. The Lions are 29th and Texans are 31st against in yards allowed, and Henry already torched Houston for 212 earlier this year. The Packers have better numbers but their weakness is their run D. #22 has a realistic shot at 2000. Anyone see a prop on that?
Ill look. My guess is he ends up 1850+

Sans an injury to Macombes everyone else is playing for 2nd place. Despite Bashaud Breeland the defense is no longer a liability and getting better. Offensively, you can study and master the Chiefs tendencies but they'd still beat you because of the level of execution. But the tendencies aren't the issue - it's the ongoing addition of wrinkles and new pieces they add that kill other teams. Bienemy and Reid are a 2-headed mad scientist of innovation and, with all those tools, they're not going to be beaten. Chiefs got bored yesterday and hats off to Miami for being resilient.

Last 3 games for each of the 2000 yards rushers:

OJ (2003) - 556 yards
AP (2097) - 497
Dickerson (2105) - 462
Barry (2053) - 459
Lewis (2066) - 444
C Johnson (2006) - 380
Terrell (2008) - 354
BONUS- Earl Campbell (1934)l - 465

Quirky stat of the day - 7 guys have rushed for more than 2000 yards. 13 guys have rushed for between 1800-1899 yards. Only one player has rushed for 1900-1999 yards. Big Earl. That tells me that teams are willing to make the push if there's a shot.

Henry has 468 to go. I hope he gets there.

OJ (2003) - 556 yards
AP (2097) - 497
Dickerson (2105) - 462
Barry (2053) - 459
Lewis (2066) - 444
C Johnson (2006) - 380
Terrell (2008) - 354

Quirky stat of the day - 7 guys have rushed for more than 2000 yards. 13 guys have rushed for between 1800-1899 yards. Only one player has rushed for 1900-1999 yards. Big Earl. That tells me that teams are willing to make the push if there's a shot.

That tightrope creation of hair Henry has as is almost as impressive as his running ability.

Many girls would kill for that thing, in more ways than one I suppose.

OJ (2003) - 556 yards
AP (2097) - 497
Dickerson (2105) - 462
Barry (2053) - 459
Lewis (2066) - 444
C Johnson (2006) - 380
Terrell (2008) - 354

I need to add

Last 14 games Barry 2000 yards

:)

Buffalo is one of the better tackling teams in NFL

Buffalo's right offensive tackle is very very good, or he was last night imo

Look ahead thoughts

If Brees plays:

Chiefs line has already moved from 3 to 4 against Saints. I’d tread lightly on KC. Clearly they want to win this game. However they would still stay at #1 with a loss and then they finish with Atlanta and LAC. I could envision Reid not showing much and knowing they could fairly coast the last two and keep the 1. If Hill is QB, forget all this because I think a bland game plan will still win.

just have seen enough Andy Reid at this point to have an idea. The moose yesterday was visible from a mile away

If WFT had a legitimate offense, they could prob represent the NFC in the Super Bowl

Lookahead line for next week was Vikes 6. They lose and Mitch dices up one of the worst defenses around and it’s worth 3 points? Lean Vikes next week.

I think the Ravens roll tonight and win out

I already knew this but the minute I think I’m hot with nfl and bet more I have a 1-4 week!! Lmao.

Rodgers for mvp has to be gaining steam after mahomes threw 3 picks and packers took over the top spot in the nfc, doesn’t it? Certainly not saying mahomes isn’t great but I think Kc could still win a bunch of games with another qb, can’t say the same thing for packers, isn’t that the definition of most valuable? Obviously If I’m starting a team I would take mahomes but I think Rodgers the mvp this year. I know I brought up I bet him at +450 last week but think I’m being unbiased here!!

The salary cap is so confusing! I have a hard time understanding why if Philly was able to move wentz they would still have such a big cap hit for 2 years?!?! Seems to me if you trade a guy the team who gets him should assume responsibility for his cap number! I mean I get any pro rated bonus money should be their problem but for him to count 25mil next year and 30 mil the year after against eagles cap if they trade him! Makes no sense to me. Unless that is all prorated bonus money? In that case they just dumb! Lol

I was reaffirmed the league wants Brady in the playoffs.
I heard, (could be incorrect) Dpi hasn’t been called on a Hail Mary since 2009. But about 5 other plays the refs didn’t call in Vikes favour too. The clock seemed to slow down on 2 and freeze on 1 before this Hail Mary play too.
The kick returner got rocked well after he was already down. Cousins got a good forearm to the head. Evan’s fell on his own in the endzone and dpi was called and the minni guy did pick it, but no replays.
And baileys awful, the cover just wasn’t meant to be

Niners might have called it a year. I get this hunch Lynch is eyeballing Zach Wilson. QB is the 1 missing piece other than maybe another olineman or 2. Niners could be in a position to allow the top 2 picks to go Lawrence and Fields, and then pull of what KC did with Mahomes. Would come cheaper and they quietly get their franchise.
Garapollo maybe heads back to New England.

If WFT had a legitimate offense, they could prob represent the NFC in the Super Bowl

Lookahead line for next week was Vikes 6. They lose and Mitch dices up one of the worst defenses around and it’s worth 3 points? Lean Vikes next week.

I think the Ravens roll tonight and win out
Like Vikings a lot I think. Probably should’ve beaten Tampa

Vikings offense combined with WFT's defense.......with Anthony Lynn as head coach.......would they beat the Chiefs?

The best thing about the Bills is their coach. Allen was annointed last night. He has arrived. Diggs has brought so much. I loved him at MD and he is brilliant at football and provides great confidence to teammates. They are going to AFC championship and could beat Chiefs.

Daniel Jones and his fumbling is ridiculous. I trust Colt way more.

I see Packer v Rams in NFC championship.

Carolina will be over .500 next year.

Matt Ryan sucks so bad. He is a backup.

Chase Young is the man

Drew Lock is good but he has too big of ego.

Jets fully quit

Arizona got lucky. Giants gave them game. Again Daniel Jones has a big problem. He's like oblivious and looks fragile

Nick Mullens was good for a few moments last year. He sucks.

The best thing about the Bills is their coach. Allen was annointed last night. He has arrived. Diggs has brought so much. I loved him at MD and he is brilliant at football and provides great confidence to teammates. They are going to AFC championship and could beat Chiefs.

Daniel Jones and his fumbling is ridiculous. I trust Colt way more.

I see Packer v Rams in NFC championship.

Carolina will be over .500 next year.

Matt Ryan sucks so bad. He is a backup.

Chase Young is the man

Drew Lock is good but he has too big of ego.

Jets fully quit

Arizona got lucky. Giants gave them game. Again Daniel Jones has a big problem. He's like oblivious and looks fragile

Nick Mullens was good for a few moments last year. He sucks.

I’ve thought for weeks bills have become kc biggest threat. Although I still think titans can present a challenge, if Henry is rumbling they able to control games. It just a question if the defense can make a few stops? Defending kc has kinda become Taylor made for bend dont break with their red zone issues, if they don’t clean those up they won’t be repeating.

I’ve been all over Jones about his turnovers for some time, in fairness to him I think yesterday was on the coaching staff. No way he shoulda been out there without the ability to move. His athletic ability doesn’t get talked about a ton but think that the part his game that gives him a chance. It was painfully obvious he couldn’t move yesterday so no way he shoulda been out there, in what world does a bad hammy heal in a week?!!! Now they have put themselves in a terrible spot, the thing not gonna heal while he playing but they can’t afford to drop games. Letting him sit another week would have been the prudent thing to do, there no way Colt wouldn’t have given them a better chance yesterday.

that falcons/charger game was a classic! The 2 biggest loser teams competing to see who could lose that game was priceless! Kinda like watching the aftermath of a car wreck on the freeway! I know there bigger losers (jets and jags take a bow) but those 2 actually have plenty of talent to compete so it more historical watching them find ways to lose every week!! Not sure i but Ryan is a backup? I wouldn’t want him as my qb but there no way you can convince me there 32 better starting QBs than him. Havnt really gave it any thought but I’d guess he somewhere between 15-20ish.

imo how far packers go is extremely matchup depending cause I still think they can be bullied by physical teams. Don’t think they would fare real well against the rams run game or a few others. Rodgers and the offense are cooking tho. Almost seems like playing at Lambou be a disadvantage for them this year tho, no fans and they not really built for the freezing cold!!

def agree with panthers, they trending up and the other south teams are not. That defense will improve, they playing a ton of youngsters.

I never liked Lock, I was shocked he got drafted where he did. Never thought of him as a nfl qb when watching him at mizzou (kinda like most their QBs who have gotten drafted!), and yes, he a total douche!!!

How much does Justin Tucker get paid per year? Whatever it is it not enough! Having him is one the biggest advantages in the league! Who else lines up from 50+ In the elements and you know it going thru the uprights? Not many!!!!

Cowherd just brought up interesting point about browns. They paying their backup qb more than anyone in the secondary, no wonder Lamar had guys running wide open all night! Lol. Even tho he missed half of them they were def open!

Doesn’t matter how good Burrow becomes or if Tua gets better. Herbert far and away the star of this draft!! Imagine if the fish drafted this kid! They would be legit SB contenders right now!!! For all the momentum they got going in south Florida it has to sting a little watching Herbert light it up! With that Miami defense and coaching staff? Man that would have been great!! Just goes to show how pointless these huge scouting departments are when it comes to drafting a franchise qb!! Cant blame them, nobody knew Herbert was gonna be this! I liked him especially after seeing him his last 2 college games but certainly didn’t know he was this! Ducks were obviously holding him back, let’s hope chargers stop being so cheap and go get them a coach who will allow him to blossom!

For as much I like gruden I thought he made a huge mistake in OT last night with his team on the fringe of making the playoffs. I’ll never understand why in gods name he didn’t treat that goal line possession as 4 down territory? With his historically terrible defense and a offense that been picking up the tough yardage whenever they needed it all night why would you settle and put it on the d? Was anyone surprised chargers took it right down the field? That was a forgone conclusion so imo it was just dumb to give them a chance! Even if you get stopped you basically in the same spot with chargers in much worse field position!!!

For as much I like gruden I thought he made a huge mistake in OT last night with his team on the fringe of making the playoffs. I’ll never understand why in gods name he didn’t treat that goal line possession as 4 down territory? With his historically terrible defense and a offense that been picking up the tough yardage whenever they needed it all night why would you settle and put it on the d? Was anyone surprised chargers took it right down the field? That was a forgone conclusion so imo it was just dumb to give them a chance! Even if you get stopped you basically in the same spot with chargers in much worse field position!!!
Raiders needed a win last night. I think a tie destroyed their playoff hopes as much as a loss.

With that in mind, Raiders may have actually had better win probability by missing a 4th down conversion vs making a FG. Just thinking out loud here, but interesting conceptually.

Raiders needed a win last night. I think a tie destroyed their playoff hopes as much as a loss.

With that in mind, Raiders may have actually had better win probability by missing a 4th down conversion vs making a FG. Just thinking out loud here, but interesting conceptually.

i agree completely. Kicking that fg I thought made the chances of a tie or loss incredibly likely. Obviously If he treats it as 4 down territory I believe the 3rd down play would have been different (and should have been imo!), even if they do get stuffed forcing chargers to take over on the 1-2 yard line I think gives the terrible defense a fighting chance in a lot of ways. You know Lynn would have prob been all conservative and ran it a few times to give his punter some room (seriously, lol), if they did pass you could always get a holding call that a safety or just get a sack!! Maybe I’m off base but the fact the minute they sent fg team out I knew they were probably gonna lose makes me feel like it was the wrong decision. You gotta know your team and that means knowing you have one the historically worst 4th qrtr and scoring defenses!!

Back