Week 14 What Are We Learning

How great of a position is Chicago in especially if they land the first pick in the draft. They can choose between Fields and Caleb and get a nice haul back for whoever they don't choose. Between that and their own pick which will be high they can attract a good coach for what looks like a great situation.

Ridder sucks but made enough plays to win rest game today. Their D stb when all they needed was one stop.

The endless charade of pre-snap idiocy and buffoonery goes on and on. And it was personified in the last 15 minutes when we had yet another neutral zone flag, the single most ridiculous penalty in all of football, that cost the Chiefs a game. It's stupidity and beyond. Especially when the player looks down the LOS before the snap to see whether he is onside.

No one can blame Mahomes for being pissed at Toney. No one should blame the Chiefs for cutting Toney tomorrow. He's done stupid shit this season that has cost his team.

That play was simply inexcusable.

Last edited:
The endless charade of pre-snap idiocy and buffoonery goes on and on. And it was personified in the last 15 minutes when we had yet another neutral zone flag, the single most ridiculous penalty in all of football, that cost the Chiefs a game. It's stupidity and beyond. Especially when the player looks down the LOS before the snap to see whether he is onside.

No one can blame Mahomes for being pissed at Toney. No one should blame the Chiefs for cutting Toney tomorrow. He's done stupid shit this season that has cost his team.

That play was simply inexcusable.
And Mahomes looks like an absolute bitch afterwards.

The dude messed up. A penalty is a penalty. Period.

The Chiefs cannot be complaining about officiating. Patrick looks absolutely silly there. Save that weeping for an actual atrocity.

The Lions in the first half of the season seemed to be turning into a lethal running team.

They are still good at it.

Yes, 21 RB carries total today.

10-66
11-66

Granted, a lot of the goodness was in the 1h. I just feel like they need to keep it a bit patient even down 6, then 12.

Let's get that to 15 apiece and take pressure off Goff.

Anyways, that game turned on 4th and 13. The Lions D was stepping it up and that broke their backs to be honest.

Green Bay can win out

That gets them to 11 wins.

Detroit and Minnesota play twice.

This NFC Norris is going to be interesting.
Crazy how preseason was all about how awesome the AFC North would be and how shitty the NFC South would

At least one lived down to the hype

Eagles are my team, but they have been exposed. Our secondary is just terrible. Actually. 2nd and 3rd level both problematic. And Jalen needs to stop the fucking turnovers
If there is a time to slump, it is now.

Dallas tough road in, so Philly can take division still...

Maybe this little hiccup is what they need.

That schedule was going to catch up with them at some point.

If there is a time to slump, it is now.

Maybe this little hiccup is what they need.

That schedule was going to catch up with them at some point.
Yeah. The stretch of games was crazy. Hope that’s all it is. But our secondary and LBs need a lot of work

The Chiefs cannot be complaining about officiating. Patrick looks absolutely silly there. Save that weeping for an actual atrocity.
Pretty rich also considering their left tackle gets away with a moving start on numerous plays a game that aren't called.

Was just coming in here to post this same comment. Granted we are seeing a whole seasons worth of frustration come out but he and the Chiefs should take it out by releasing Toney. It’s squarely his fault. The refs called what they HAD to call there. Pat and Andy look very bad this morning. Esp when you hear how instead of congratulating Josh Allen all Pat could do is whine about the call.

Flag came out immediately too, if that was a sack, incompletion or moderate gain, it would be a non-issue. It sucks for the Chiefs that the play ended up being a touchdown but the Bills still would have had all 3 TOs and over a minute to answer.

What an upcoming stretch for Dallas....

@Buffalo
@Miami
Saturday night primetime home vs Detroit
I'm pretty well convinced that at AT&T they're not losing. On the road is still a work in progress. This has been a great ramp up since the Philly loss, a few warmup games, then a good test with Seattle, then a title bout with Philly. Now prove it on the road in a tough spot at Buffalo, and then another title fight at Miami. Should be a lot of fun.

I think Philly is like -350 to win the division. As you note, it and Dallas have remaining schedules that are night and day.

I'll be very surprised if Philly doesn't win the division. Apparently, Vegas would be as well.

Despite the loss the Rams are ascending. Their oline is getting much better and Williams has turned into an absolute beast at RB. Their weakness is the backend of their D. Safties are garbage.

Does anyone have an explanation for Jacksonville going for 2 when they cut the lead to 4 with the TD? It makes no sense at all.

If they get the 2 pt conversion, they can win the game with a FG which I get, but if they don’t convert (which they didn’t) they then need a TD to win. There were less than 2 minutes left when they did it, and it’s mind boggling why they did it.

It’s not even close to the down 14 go for 2 scenario after you score a TD, because you need two touchdowns regardless.

Does anyone have an explanation for Jacksonville going for 2 when they cut the lead to 4 with the TD? It makes no sense at all.

If they get the 2 pt conversion, they can win the game with a FG which I get, but if they don’t convert (which they didn’t) they then need a TD to win. There were less than 2 minutes left when they did it, and it’s mind boggling why they did it.

It’s not even close to the down 14 go for 2 scenario after you score a TD, because you need two touchdowns regardless.
That was so damn odd. The announcers tried to explain it, but seemed stupid to me

Pretty rich also considering their left tackle gets away with a moving start on numerous plays a game that aren't called.
Numerous? I'd say damn near every. I noticed this several weeks ago & was going through the roof yelling. They called him on one but the very next play he was doing it again. Not going to lie though, have noticed this non call in a shitload of non Chief games. That big oaf Brown on NE does it all the fucking time but he also gets beat every play so I think the officials feel badly for him, haha.

I wasn’t watching so didn’t hear the announcers, but I can’t imagine how they tried to explain it as a good thing to do.
It just goes with the new metrics of going for win vs tie. Now many teams when down 14 and score td go for 2 vs kicking xp to go down 7. I guess the metrics say to do it. But sometimes makes no sense like this one. Announcers totally butchered it. What it meant was if they make it and get onsides they need fg to win. Not make it need td to win if get onsides. Announcers couldn't figure it out.

It just goes with the new metrics of going for win vs tie. Now many teams when down 14 and score td go for 2 vs kicking xp to go down 7. I guess the metrics say to do it. But sometimes makes no sense like this one. Announcers totally butchered it. What it meant was if they make it and get onsides they need fg to win. Not make it need td to win if get onsides. Announcers couldn't figure it out.

Yes, I completely understand the logic/metrics of going for 2 when down 14 and then scoring a TD. In that case, you need 2 TDs to tie/win the game regardless, so even if you don't get the 2pt conversion you can still tie the game up on the next TD with a 2 pt conversion.

However, going for 2 when down 4 makes NO SENSE at all. If you don't get it, which they didn't, now you need a TD to win the game. Just kick the XP and have a chance to tie the game. You can still win with a TD, but now you only NEED a FG to tie the game. What Jacksonville did makes no sense at all. There isn't any possible explanation where it would make sense, but I would love to hear the rationale that Pederson used at that moment. It really surprised me with it being Pederson too, as he's been on the cutting edge of the analytics since his time in Philly.

Yes, I completely understand the logic/metrics of going for 2 when down 14 and then scoring a TD. In that case, you need 2 TDs to tie/win the game regardless, so even if you don't get the 2pt conversion you can still tie the game up on the next TD with a 2 pt conversion.

However, going for 2 when down 4 makes NO SENSE at all. If you don't get it, which they didn't, now you need a TD to win the game. Just kick the XP and have a chance to tie the game. You can still win with a TD, but now you only NEED a FG to tie the game. What Jacksonville did makes no sense at all. There isn't any possible explanation where it would make sense, but I would love to hear the rationale that Pederson used at that moment. It really surprised me with it being Pederson too, as he's been on the cutting edge of the analytics since his time in Philly.
Totally agree. See this all the time now. Pederson will never be questioned on it because they didn't get the onsides. Had they gotten the onsides and then not gotten the td he would've come under scrutiny for the idiotic move

Totally agree. See this all the time now. Pederson will never be questioned on it because they didn't get the onsides. Had they gotten the onsides and then not gotten the td he would've come under scrutiny for the idiotic move

The other aspect of this that hasn’t even been brought up yet is that the spread was 3.

I'm pretty well convinced that at AT&T they're not losing. On the road is still a work in progress. This has been a great ramp up since the Philly loss, a few warmup games, then a good test with Seattle, then a title bout with Philly. Now prove it on the road in a tough spot at Buffalo, and then another title fight at Miami. Should be a lot of fun.
Dak is on another level

The cadence thing mac brought in when changing OC, when everyone criticizes him for dropping moore, has made him a new qb, collinsworth saying that dak told him he diesnt understand how other qbs dont use it

At AT&T they may be best team in football , if they can win out and somehow get top seed I think they make it to vegas

Back