Week 14 What Are We Learning

Zero chance of that. Both him and Carr would command much more than White will in the QB market. And I don't think Carr is that great, or Jimmy G can stay healthy. I'll take my chances with White and a plethora of offensive weapons over those 2 options.

Jimmy off an injury will not command that much and he’d be willing to play for less for the right situation. Mike White is a gamer but he’s not the answer there. Saleh would welcome Jimmy there who would also raise the morale of the locker room. I think him to NY or Miami is very likely. Carr stinks and he won’t be worth whatever he commands.

I don’t think Cincy is fringe at all. I think they scare the crap out of the other contenders. I expect they be back in the afc champ game at least. They a better team than last year and now have all that playoff road experience, Perine has evolved to giving them a great 1-2 punch out backfield, I don’t think bills and def kc want to see them.

I think they do too but I don’t think they’re in the big 4. Barely best Chiefs at home as they should and will play the rematch on the road. And also Buffalo on the road.

I think they do too but I don’t think they’re in the big 4. Barely best Chiefs at home as they should and will play the rematch on the road. And also Buffalo on the road.

They have beat kc 3x including at kc in afc champ game last 2 years. Don’t think margin means much when they continually beat them. I think cincy a better all around team, more/better weapons, better d, better run game for most part. I think they right there with kc, bills, niners, eagles, Dallas the one I’d call fringe in the group, I still don’t trust them to play 2-3 good games in playoffs.

I’d feel super confident saying SB will have 2 of those 5 in no particular order, kc, cincy, bills, eagles, niners. I be shocked if Dallas made it especially as a wild card team, those guys playing 3 straight great road playoff games seems incredibly unlikely. I be shocked if any other team made SB outside those 5.

Heard Dallas signed Ty Hilton today, not Exactky obj but from sounds of it obj ain’t really gonna be ready, talking bout not needing to play in regular season? He not gonna jump right into a team in a playoff game and make a huge impact, he worked his way into the rams offense over 5-6 games. Dunno what Ty has left but if he still has it he be a nice compliment to the offense being a great route runner on the outside.

I’d feel super confident saying SB will have 2 of those 5 in no particular order, kc, cincy, bills, eagles, niners. I be shocked if Dallas made it especially as a wild card team, those guys playing 3 straight great road playoff games seems incredibly unlikely. I be shocked if any other team made SB outside those 5.

No dolphins?

They have beat kc 3x including at kc in afc champ game last 2 years. Don’t think margin means much when they continually beat them. I think cincy a better all around team, more/better weapons, better d, better run game for most part. I think they right there with kc, bills, niners, eagles, Dallas the one I’d call fringe in the group, I still don’t trust them to play 2-3 good games in playoffs.

The Bengals did not beat the Chiefs the past 2 years in the AFC Champ game, they did it once last year. The Chiefs made the SB 2 years ago after beating the Titans in the AFC Championship game.

Buffalo
KC
Dallas
Philly
Cincy
San Fran (hanging by a whisper --injuries)

Those are your only teams that can win it this year.

Two weeks ago, I moved Miami close to this. They are back off now. The last two weeks showed a lot, not good.

off board action?
I like @HUNT too much to try to rob him like that. Market has insanely overrated the Leos and Campbell because the NFC sucks donkey dick.

White is more than serviceable against a Detroit defense that is not good.

Then you throw in the fact you're getting road Goff...outdoors...against perhaps the best defense they've faced all year outside of New England?

And oh yeah, they lost that game 29-0.

I NEVER shill for my team, but this is a game they win.

I like @HUNT too much to try to rob him like that. Market has insanely overrated the Leos and Campbell because the NFC sucks donkey dick.

Then you throw in the fact you're getting road Goff...outdoors...against perhaps the best defense they've faced all year outside of New England?

The Lions are a nice little story and all but this game is going to be a blowout for the Jets. Goff in the cold against the Jets defense is worth the price of admission all on its own.

I think the NFC is 4 teams: Eagles, Niners, Cowboys and I will throw in the Vikings.

The only way I see Buffalo or Kansas City not making the super bowl is if they play eachother before the conference championship. I don't see any team beating both of them,, particularly on the road. And quite frankly, I don't see Cinci taking either of them out again though they would represent the biggest threat.

I think the Chargers can be sneaky as they are getting healthier and Miami might be able to put an upset together because they have so many weapons, but SB runs seem unlikely.

SF vs Eagles and Bills vs KC would be an epic conference championship week and would guarantee a good super bowl matchup.

Also, I will be the idiot who admits he never believed in the Eagles and I was wrong. I admit it. I was wrong.

Last edited:
Big games I'm looking forward to:

Week 15 - Miami at Buffalo, Saturday night special - last chance for the Fins to show that the last couple of weeks were the fluke and not their reality. The divisional games for the Bills have been pretty ugly which shows how good the division has been overall.

Week 16 - Philly at Dallas - has Fox started advertising this one yet? Oh baby. If Philly goes into Big D and wins then you can scratch the Boys off the list. But if they don't.....that means Dallas will have shown they can beat the top 2 seeds in the NFC and the other contender is relying on Brock Purdy to take them all the way.

Week 17 - Buffalo at Cincy, Monday night - Great matchup to finish the holiday season. Seeding possibilities abound.

Big games I'm looking forward to:

Week 15 - Miami at Buffalo, Saturday night special - last chance for the Fins to show that the last couple of weeks were the fluke and not their reality. The divisional games for the Bills have been pretty ugly which shows how good the division has been overall.

Week 16 - Philly at Dallas - has Fox started advertising this one yet? Oh baby. If Philly goes into Big D and wins then you can scratch the Boys off the list. But if they don't.....that means Dallas will have shown they can beat the top 2 seeds in the NFC and the other contender is relying on Brock Purdy to take them all the way.

Week 17 - Buffalo at Cincy, Monday night - Great matchup to finish the holiday season. Seeding possibilities abound.
Yeah Niners are trying the Trent Dilfer way

I can't believe the Niners were 3-4 in late October with losses to the Bears, Falcons and Broncos! The schedule has been favorable since the KC loss, road games at Sofi and Arizona and a three game homestand they just finished. They've been rolling since the bye week no doubt. I guess the Miami win is a signature win but their strength of victory is a bit soft.

Had a nice weekend with red zone:

Mike White is tough as nails. That was a gritty performance, and he has the locker room without a doubt.

SF offense seems to be plug n play. I like Jimmy like the next guy, but they would be hands down faves to me if healthy and had one of the QBs we all think are the best or close enough.

Baltimore is interesting in that they have a backup QB that is great value version of Lamar…I think they could upset someone in the playoffs on the right day with LJ

No dolphins?

Even when I liked the fish I didht think they could reach SB, maybe if you put them in the nfc it be a different conversation,kc, bills, Cincy I think are all way better, I expect bills take them apart this week. A bigger issue is I really like McDaniel but I think teams starting to see how to cause his offense problems which I think mostly cause tua’s limitations, take away the stuff inside the hash marks and I don’t think Tua can beat a team consistently throwing outside the numbers. I really don’t understand why they didn’t hardly try to run Sunday night? They gonna have to start establishing run cause there no chance this offense keeps working without that.

Last edited:
The Lions are a nice little story and all but this game is going to be a blowout for the Jets. Goff in the cold against the Jets defense is worth the price of admission all on its own.
We talking about Lions and weather?

They just won in the same venue in November, weather in the 30s with some wind.

The week before they won in Chicago. Also, temps were in the 30s.

Hello.

The Bengals did not beat the Chiefs the past 2 years in the AFC Champ game, they did it once last year. The Chiefs made the SB 2 years ago after beating the Titans in the AFC Championship game.

Maybe you should practice reading comprehension before spewing off, they beat kc 3x total the last 2 years, once at kc in the afc championship game.

Hello.
I was waiting for a response from the Lions contingent so well done. Its one thing to beat an overvalued Giants team or a garbage Bears team but I will pay to see Goff beat a top 5 NFL defense which the Jets certainly have.

Hello.

I think jets d will obviously present more problems for lions than most their recent opponents, that said consider the source calling for the blowout! Lol. That silly imo. Both these teams bet on for me since @brewers888 favorite draft pick finally got benched :). Lions d has been way better than the season numbers since about week 7 so not like jets gonna just run up 30 on them. I’m kinda surprised it a pick, I’d have thought pick on neutral and jets a point or 2 for home field. Either way I think it gonna be a really good and close game, I havnt dug super deep but I think both scoring between 20-24 seems incredibly reasonable.

Lot of things to consider, Goff has been way better vs zone but he also hasn’t had his full compliment of weapons most the year, think this the 1st time lions have st brown + chark healthy and the rookie Williams starting to contribute (I forgot all about this kid and how good he was at bama before getting hurt!), plus a healthy swift (I think he still healthy, no idea why he hardly got any touches last week? That really fucked me! Lol). Lions have a stable of legit backs and 3 what I think have potential to be damn good wrs. Think it crazy anyone would expect they get totally shut down, I don’t see anyone holding them under 20 at the moment. I like Mike white a lot but at this point there no way anyone would take him over Goff!! Imo this the best game of the week, the other marquee-ish matchups I think will be way more 1 sided than this game.

I was waiting for a response from the Lions contingent so well done. Its one thing to beat an overvalued Giants team or a garbage Bears team but I will pay to see Goff beat a top 5 NFL defense which the Jets certainly have.

Goff will easily be the best #1 qb pick on the field. He has a lot of talent around him also, you think jets are shutting lions offense down? They scored 25 on the bills and wr’s Williams and chark + swift contributing more now than 3-4 weeks ago when none were fully healthy or just getting back. Lions gonna get to 20 minimum, I don’t think jets scoring a whole lot more than that. Line says lions the slightly better team, I think they incredibly close, like them both. Jets get the defensive nod but lions are improving on that side, lions get the offensive nod but think jets improving in that department. I dunno who wins but I think you crazy calling for a blowout. This has one possession game written all over it.

I agree with you and @brewers888

I've been on this site and the other one for 15 years as a silent lurker and have never posted, but I have to say this: "Lions vs. Jets game of the week" said nobody ever, ever, ever until now. Kinda good to have happen.

I def think it turns out to be a better game than the other couple that have 2 winning record teams, I don’t expect niners/seattle or fish/bills to be all that close. This the one I’m most looking forward to, crazy!! If you told me lions be interesting at 1st the year I woulda listened, I thought jets be a dumpster fire tho, long as Zack Wilson was qb, even tho they won some games w him jets didn’t get interesting to me till they benched that scrub. I’d really like to see both these teams make playoffs, prob won’t happen, maybe if lions can win this game, a shitty record def making it in the nfc (2 if you count the nfc south champ!).

Back