Week 14 Discussion Thread

Four weeks left and no one in the NFC has been eliminated from playoff contention. Four teams in AFC are already out.

Not trying to get into a pissing match. What you said was the four days was unfair for Pitt. You said nothing of Washington's advantage. That's all I meant. And in the end, the Washington rest def was a factor. So your point is correct.

I guess rest affects coaches mentality also cause I would put most of that on Tomlin.

How can ya be confident in rams tonight with the way hoody shit on mcvay offense in that super bowl? I know the cast may be way different but not sure how much that matters? At same time can’t imagine pats do much of anything vs rams d so I don’t want to back them either! Lol. Can pats d give a repeat performance of last week and dominate in a fashion the offense doesn’t need to do anything? Isn’t under the most obvious play here?

Like I mentioned in WiretoWire's thread, it almost seems too obvious. I follow the Pats religiously but cannot predict an outcome to save my fucking life.

Like I mentioned in WiretoWire's thread, it almost seems too obvious. I follow the Pats religiously but cannot predict an outcome to save my fucking life.

yea it feels way to easy/obvious. Although unders in the nfl rarely easy anymore. I’m with ya, I have no clue on outcome, I would be shocked if it took more than 20 to win.

This pretty surprising to me. The biggest contest I play in has 19-14 to the over tonight. As I mention when talking bout this contest I find it to be a fairly good indicator on what the majority is thinking. I expected to see more plays overall and way more on under! That makes me feel somewhat better!!

far as side goes it 38-36 picks in favor of pats. So basically dead even which no surprise. I assume this be a 50-50 action type of game as there cases for both sides.

I went ahead and got down on the pats/Rams u44. I’ll pay to see this go over, imo worst case would be 20-20 tie and a touchdown wins instead of a fg, don’t feel like that real likely tho. I think whomever scores 20 will take home the W. Suppose that could mean the +5 the way to go but either team winning 20-13 certainly wouldn’t shock me. This seems like a carbon copy of the nyg/Rams game a few weeks back.

I’m on the Rams tonight.. lot on the line for both teams.. There is a a definite talent disparity on both sides of the ball in favor of the Rams. NE with a ST edge but I simply don’t see how they hang for 4 quarters tonight.. Lookahead line was 6.5.. What changed? The Pats beat a terrible team and the Rams manhandled the team the Pats needed a gift to beat the week before.

The angle of “they stayed in LA” seems more of a negative to me. This isn’t a regular year. These guys are stuck together and cant do anything at all.

I’m going with the Rams, nothing crazy Amount wise

I’m on the Rams tonight.. lot on the line for both teams.. There is a a definite talent disparity on both sides of the ball in favor of the Rams. NE with a ST edge but I simply don’t see how they hang for 4 quarters tonight.. Lookahead line was 6.5.. What changed? The Pats beat a terrible team and the Rams manhandled the team the Pats needed a gift to beat the week before.

The angle of “they stayed in LA” seems more of a negative to me. This isn’t a regular year. These guys are stuck together and cant do anything at all.

I’m going with the Rams, nothing crazy Amount wise
I agree. I’m not going to over think this; Cam is awful, and his attitude and body language is worse.

Was watching the news the other day & their C, David Andrews, was doing a Zoom interview & said "Yeah, it's kind of nice staying out here, fewer distractions, no wife, no kids. Just out here with the team."

I laughed my ass off. My wife said "what an asshole".

On to the game, I've yet to read or hear (on VSIN) one single person who is backing the Pats. I'm not betting a side but based on that I'd certainly lean Pats.

I don’t see a ton I like Sunday. Gmen as small dogs looks like one the better plays to me. Unfortunately think it smart to continue fading the cardinals, if it wasn’t for that Hail Mary vs bills they would be on 5 Game losing streak and I don’t see it getting better. They are just to dependent on Murray rushing ability and since he got banged up vs seattle he has been reluctant to take off, plus I think teams are figuring out how to scheme him. Gotta think judge will take a page out of how the pats defended him and think he has more talent on his defense right now! Guess need to see who starting at qb but not sure it matters much, they gonna pound the ball and play defense. I’d like it even more if we had colder temps, looks way mild for that game.

I’d love to hear some takes on the colts/raiders game. Will raiders play better back at home? They have knocked off some teams every bit as good the colts, colts coming off couple big division games. So hard to back raiders ever since hearing they let teams score on 50% their possessions!! Lol. Jacobs still out? They need him to keep their defense off the field. Feel like i don’t want to be on colts here but not sure I can back vegas either. I’m just trying to get to 5 for pick club, no chance I bet money on this one! Lol.

How bouts houston? Wr injuries/suspensions a problem but Coutee stepped up big last week, they could use the walking concussion cooks back which I’m not sure bout. Whoever Hanson is he stepped up also! I just think watson has gotten to point in his game he making average guys look good. It’s a shame they wasting him cause he playing at such a high level imo. Feel like he can beat the bears on his own!! Fitting he would go into Chicago with nothing around him and beat them since these morons took trubisky instead of watson! Had bears drafted watson they prob woulda been in a super bowl!!

Can’t believe im gonna say this being the huge hater I am but saints-7 is awful tempting. That defense has been incredible and I’m not buying hurts is gonna fix anything that been ailing Philly. He might have caught packers a little off guard but now saints have a week to prepare for a kid who not a nfl qb imo. One read and run guy who not a accurate thrower against the saints d? Might not be as bad as the Denver game with a wr at qb but not far off either!

I was on the Giants last week and think defensively they have really been bringing it. This week I think they get blown out. Cards likely have to win out to make the playoffs, but have played a pretty tough schedule last 5 games. DHop hasn't done much lately and the greats don't get held down for long. Drake should be able to establish a run game to open things up for Murray. Currently otb but I'm hoping Jones plays, the line stays at 2 ish. Might just ml it

Might be enticing to grab all those pts vs the Hawks. The only Jets redeeming quality lately has been the wr play, and it looks like everyone is in danger of missing the game. Mims already out. The whole keep Russ from cooking thing clearly isn't working. TT is way high, but I won't be on anything pro JETS.

Might be enticing to grab all those pts vs the Hawks. The only Jets redeeming quality lately has been the wr play, and it looks like everyone is in danger of missing the game. Mims already out. The whole keep Russ from cooking thing clearly isn't working. TT is way high, but I won't be on anything pro JETS.
I was thinking the same. That’s a hold your nose bet for sure

Are browns really the play vs ravens? A month ago I would have said ravens pass rush would eat Faker up but they just not getting to the qb lately! -7 sack differential since week 7! Last week they couldn’t get pressure on Dalton behind a beat up declining Oline! Ravens offense has enough problems but the d supposed to carry them and that not happening lately as they havnt been disruptive. Are they still blitzing at the high clip they were known for? Just not getting home? Can’t believe browns playing ravens on Monday night and only side I could play the browns! Never would have guessed that be the case, lol.

Has Arians had a good record off the bye? Heard someone say he good off bye but didn’t look. Assuming Brady great off a bye. Kinda feel like it now or never for bucs to get their act together, if they can’t figure things out with a extra week and this deep into the season how will they ever? Just gotta beat vikings by 7? If they can’t do that it time to stop acting like they have any chance in the playoffs!!

Vikings have won 5 of 6 but other than the packers win where cook went nuts look at the teams Vikings have beaten! Lions, bears, got lucky to escape carolina, and then close once again last week vs jags in a game they could have easily lost! You can only beat who ya play but think it fair to say Vikings recent surge had as much to do with schedule as them turning into a legit playoff contender. No more talk of bucs defense if they can’t force cousins into some mistakes. Bucs offense damn sure broken if they can’t light up a Vikings team the jags, panthers, and cowboys (who beat them!) all put up 27-31 points!!

Last edited:
Some decent buy low/sell high opportunities with SF vs Wash and LAC vs Falcons (the high in any game where they don't play the Saints). Raiders qualify as well I would think. Cards vs Giants fits but the health of Murray is a real concern. Otherwise I'd be on Zona.

Some decent buy low/sell high opportunities with SF vs Wash and LAC vs Falcons (the high in any game where they don't play the Saints). Raiders qualify as well I would think. Cards vs Giants fits but the health of Murray is a real concern. Otherwise I'd be on Zona.

the entire reason I been fading zona the health of Murray. I suppose he could be getting better but not sure how we tell? He still hasn’t been rushing the ball much since he got banged up and that is a big key to the cards offense.

only thing I don’t like about niners is did last week kill their season?

I wanna get behind the raiders, think this a game they can win. I just been holding out hoping to see if they getting some their secondary back and if Jacobs gonna play which sounding more likely. Looks like the oline gonna be back in tact so that along with Jacobs might be as helpful to the defense as any the defensive players! Def seems like a game colts lose to me.

my theory on team like jets, if I can’t find a better bet than playing them I should do something with the old lady and pass on the card completely! Lol
Betting nugget: Seattle is the seventh team since 2010 to be a double-digit favorite immediately after losing outright as a double-digit favorite. Each of the previous six covered

I think the Dolphins get smacked. All this they are a great defense talk can stop, and likely will after this one.

look at the numbers vs top tier offenses they have played. Howard is a really good corner. He did a great job on Dhop but Kirk went for 123 1td. Int machine Goff threw 2 picks but Kupp/woods combined for 18/195/1td. Wilson 360 2td DK 106. Allen 415 4 td, bills 4.9 ypc.

What do you think KC is gonna do????

Talk about teams heading in opposite directions....how about Atlanta over LAC. Atl has only lost to NO since the coaching change and LAC couldn’t win a game even when they were playing well. Plenty of film on Herbert now and some question as to the teams motivation. We have seen this from Atlanta in the past... at least we know they will play hard.

Yes, that’s a big total in Detroit but they cannot make it high enough. Expect this game to be played in the 60s.

I think the Dolphins get smacked. All this they are a great defense talk can stop, and likely will after this one.

look at the numbers vs top tier offenses they have played. Howard is a really good corner. He did a great job on Dhop but Kirk went for 123 1td. Int machine Goff threw 2 picks but Kupp/woods combined for 18/195/1td. Wilson 360 2td DK 106. Allen 415 4 td, bills 4.9 ypc.

What do you think KC is gonna do????
If KC is focused its easy, they have muddled thru last 4......

Any reason not to play the bills/steelers over? I understand why majority feeling the bills but I don’t wanna be on the overwhelmingly popular side with big recency bias with everyone else in the stand alone Sunday night game! Lol.

I do think bills the better team right now so maybe I’m worrying to much bout it? Anyways just seems like a dead over to me, steelers have abandoned any kind of run game so should be bunch of passing attempts. I assume pit will try to run more this week but that will go out window if bills put up some early scores. Seems like a game that likely to have 70-80 pass attempts with lot of great weapons on outside and 2 good qbs. Over all the way.

The Red Rifle playing his former team. I think he gets up for this game and plays well. Hopefully Zeke can help him out on the ground.

Loving how they spaced the games this week. 7 morning than 6 afternoon games. A lot of times they'd do 10 and 3 or 11 and 2.

Back