Week 14 Discussion Thread

Hoosiers backup qb is pretty good isn’t he? Even without their qb 14 seems like a awful lot for wiscy to be laying doesn’t it?! Tuttle was a 4 star recruit!

Has San Jose st or the other cali teams been able to practice? All things being equal sjst-2 is free fucking money imo! Just not sure if things are equal? Line kinda says they Havnt been.

I think BYU routs them. They certainly won't be stepping on the brakes on a national TV game. Not going to be enough to get them in the title picture - but who knows if they move up and try to schedule another big game in a week or two. Also, one thing to come from this year - I better never hear from ADs again that it takes 8 years to schedule non-conference games. Give the people what they want!
And what do we want? UT vs. Clemson. Ha ha.

Has San Jose st or the other cali teams been able to practice? All things being equal sjst-2 is free fucking money imo! Just not sure if things are equal? Line kinda says they Havnt been.

Monday they were trying to figure out plans. I read that Tuesday and Wednesday they practiced at Scotts Valley High School which must be outside of Santa Clara County. They flew to Hawaii today.

Monday they were trying to figure out plans. I read that Tuesday and Wednesday they practiced at Scotts Valley High School which must be outside of Santa Clara County. They flew to Hawaii today.

if they ready to play that line sure seems suspiciously low doesn’t it?

if they ready to play that line sure seems suspiciously low doesn’t it?

Not if you just use the default type HF for spreads. So if SJ was -6.5 at home...they'd be -3.5 on neutral? Then flip that to road and they'd be -.5 on road?

That is just using a 3 point homefield advantage number. Sometimes it is more, sometimes it is less. Not sure how PR people or oddsmakers exactly account for games at San Jose or games at Hawaii and the HF value.

Not if you just use the default type HF for spreads. So if SJ was -6.5 at home...they'd be -3.5 on neutral? Then flip that to road and they'd be -.5 on road?

That is just using a 3 point homefield advantage number. Sometimes it is more, sometimes it is less. Not sure how PR people or oddsmakers exactly account for games at San Jose or games at Hawaii and the HF value.

think I have sjst rated a good bit higher. I’d make them 10 at home at least. Was that game originally supposed to be at sjst or was it always scheduled for Hawaii?

Maybe they are or should be rated higher, but before the game got moved they were -6.5 home vs Hawaii.

I've heard people say things like that, "why are they only -3 at whoever, that seems weird like it's too low" and I'm always like, well what should it be? If you flip it back to their homefield and the line would be -9 if they were -3 away.

Not that it always follows a nice clean home-neutral-away, and HF values vary, but that is how the math works which I know you know just saying.

Maybe they are or should be rated higher, but before the game got moved they were -6.5 home vs Hawaii.

I've heard people say things like that, "why are they only -3 at whoever, that seems weird like it's too low" and I'm always like, well what should it be? If you flip it back to their homefield and the line would be -9 if they were -3 away.

Not that it always follows a nice clean home-neutral-away, and HF values vary, but that is how the math works which I know you know just saying.

I never saw the line at sjst, I woulda def been on them -6.5, only question is now how much a distraction they dealing with and how does changing venues and the practice situation effect them? Helps I like their leadership but it all still something.

It's fine, but yeah, that game was supposed to be at San Jose as scheduled. They debated what to do with it and I think Tuesday they announced they would play at Hawaii. So I see a San Jose 7.5/7 open Sunday, down to 6.5, then flip to -1.5 at Hawaii. Time must be set that way for TV. Was a 4:00 Eastern when at San Jose, so I guess they just kept it.

It's fine, but yeah, that game was supposed to be at San Jose as scheduled. They debated what to do with it and I think Tuesday they announced they would play at Hawaii. So I see a San Jose 7.5/7 open Sunday, down to 6.5, then flip to -1.5 at Hawaii. Time must be set that way for TV. Was a 4:00 Eastern when at San Jose, so I guess they just kept it.

I really waited till end of week on purpose to start looking at every cali team cause I knew they were all in for venue changes and messed up practice circumstances. Really tough to decide if I wanna get involved with any of them? Stupid politics and Rona.

Is beavers qb gonna play? They back to being tough ass dogs again this year! I can’t see why the hell they can’t stay within 10 of utes, if not beat them??

Last I read the Gebbia injury was "significantly worse" than originally thought.

“It is significantly more serious than we initially thought after the game,” Smith said Monday.

“He’s not going to play this weekend,” Smith said told Canzano on Wednesday

Indiana is so one dimensional though.

that true. They have given Scott 20+ carries in quite a few games but rarely results in much success. I’m obviously taking a big guess saying this but I Don’t think the passing game gonna fall off much, I do worry about what Johnny has Brought up about Penix being the heart of the team, that said I think they rally and relish being back in the huge underdog role. Do we really know if wiscy is any good? They smashed a Illini team missing their qb and Ton of starters, smashed Michigan (whoopty do), then scored all of 7 points vs a NW team that I’m sure is decent, not much more., 14 seems like a ton of faith in a team that has lot of question marks imo.

Kansas State's best LBs,Justin Hughes and Elijah Sullivan have missed the last two games. Both are expected back vs Texas. Not sure if they start or what the most up to date status is (official depth chart is not accurate). LG Rivas and RG Adler also missed the Baylor game. Unsure of status, think it was covid positive right before they left for Baylor last week, so likely out I would guess. Coaches were very pleased with rFr Taylor Poitier at RG. Not quite the case at LG as Dawson Delforge was replaced and OL shifted as Beebe slid inside to Guard in game. Atleast the replacements will have some practice reps this time instead of learning an hour before they boarded a plane they would be next man up.

Klieman has never lost 5 straight as a head coach. Of course he did not at North Dakota St, but even before that the most consecutive games he has ever lost was at Loras College in 2005 (4). K St is on a 4 game losing streak, two of the four have not been close, did lose by just 2 to OSU and by 1 last week to Baylor.

For some reason these games are close; last 4:

Texas -7.... 27-24 (K St led 14-0, Texas had 170 more yards than K St)
Texas -8.5.... 19-14
Texas -6.5.... 40-34 2OT
Texas EV.... 21-24

Kansas State has .563 winning percentage vs Texas in Big Xll play. The only other team over .500 vs them is OU.

Hawaii game was moved to 6 eastern - so that makes for a 1:00 local start?

I like Charlotte today. Think they have an offense that has shown ability. I don't buy much from WKU's last game vs FIU

I'd say that WKU has appeared to play better the last few games, while Charlotte just hasn't played.

Teams feel about even from a PR standpoint. Charlotte more offensive ability. WKU more defensive ability.

Charlotte was -7.5 home vs FIU before it got canceled.

WKU was -7.5 home vs FIU a couple weeks ago.

Add a couple pts for homefield, I'd say the line looks right.

Now if you are saying that there is a lot of action on Charlotte and the line isn't moving then that could be fair point.

Charlotte was -7.5 home vs FIU before it got canceled.

WKU was -7.5 home vs FIU a couple weeks ago.

Add a couple pts for homefield, I'd say the line looks right.

Now if you are saying that there is a lot of action on Charlotte and the line isn't moving then that could be fair point.

You are a gift from the gambling gods.

GL s k

For any degenerates that took the +.5 WKU 2nd half. That was a very interesting and positive ending for us.

How Charlotte was able to go right down field on last drive that didnt even need to happen. Miss first 2 point try and some lame offensive penalty allows to run it again and miss again. If they hit it. Would have losses. Earlier charlotte down 17 with extra point coming up inexplicably went for 2 and missed to get the number on my side. Crazy drama haha

For any degenerates that took the +.5 WKU 2nd half. That was a very interesting and positive ending for us.

How Charlotte was able to go right down field on last drive that didnt even need to happen. Miss first 2 point try and some lame offensive penalty allows to run it again and miss again. If they hit it. Would have losses. Earlier charlotte down 17 with extra point coming up inexplicably went for 2 and missed to get the number on my side. Crazy drama haha

Always great when a crazy ending works out in your favor. I will have to look back, had the game on a secondary TV with the NFL going, but yeah, seemed like a bunch of 4th quarter scoring for a game that didn't have much scoring or offense up to that point.

Back