Week 14 DFS/Props Discussion

ScopeY

Pretty much a regular
Just getting it down early... lmk if mistakes/injuries/etc.

Assuming Cook is out.

PIT/MIN

PIT DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, meh vs P D.
MIN DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, good vs RB D.
Pace of play is 6th (out of 14). The bottom 9 of the 14 O/Us are within 41-44 points, this sits at 43.5 (the top 5 are 47.5+)
Big Ben is T-8th worth ASR matchup. Cousins have the 10th best ASR matchup.
N. Harris has the T-5th worst ALY matchup. Mattison? Has the T-9th worst ALY matchup.

no college fb this week cept the army/navy game so i should have some time to get to work on this a little sooner!!!

Minny's making it hard on us.....

From a DFS perspective (and yearlong fantasy), I'm torn on what to do with cook/mattison. Ideally we get pregame news that cook is out, but this will bring lower ownership to both Cook and Mattison. I lean slightly towards mattison, as I think he'll be more involved, and has potential, without an unknown floor (like a re-injury to cook could cause)..... Sorry but no thanks cj ham.

We know no theilen..... pitt is still without haden/buggs (and a lb spillane). Jefferson is a fine choice, we know he will have the volume. Osborn jumps into a bigger roll, and should see more than his 58% season average of snaps... try closer to 90+~. Westbrook was the guy with minimal snaps, that should be in WR3 sets now, possibly smith-marsette..... but he hasn't seen the field since week 8 so pass.

Conklin is playable. 95% of snaps last week.. should remain there.... Stocker still saw 17% of snaps, and maybe if you want to punt it and pray for a td catch you can, but pass unless multi-entering.

Najee/Diontae/Claypool are all pretty much out there all the time now.

You can make an arguement for all of them. Najee can be a ppr king, so I won't talk you off of him, but i'll probably pass. He has the 5th worst ALY matchup of the week, and one of their lineman is kind of 4th string (Dotson > Hassenauer > Finney > now Leglue). I will note minny's DVOA weakness to RB's though. (they give up more fantasy points to QB's/WR's though).

Claypool being out there just as much as Diontae, and getting just 3 targets, and 2 receptions will keep some people off of him (especially when lookign at diontae), but I think if I had to choose one, I'm going claypool, he's due for positive regression.

I'll be of Pit TE's... ben does tend to look for them in the redzone, but his capped at 75% snaps, and Gentry played 50% last week..... he could even sneak one... conklin the better option IMO.

A defense vs Big ben can always be considered.

I didn’t like much of anything tonight. I played Jefferson over 93.5 receiving but I don’t love it since you would think he draws all the attention without theilen.

Same old story, but its do or die in some fantasy leagues, and there's mounting questionables and scenarios (Atleast in my leagues). So let's get into injuries, as it presents itself for DFS/Props/etc. May not have them all.

just a reminder from the Thursday game comments; The bottom 9 of the 14 O/Us are within 41-44 points, Of the remaining 5, 4 are on the main slate, and should be priorities for most stacks (BUF/TBB - SFO/CIN - DAL/WAS - LVR/LCC).

BAL/CLV

BAL DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, meh vs RB D.
CLV DOVA Matchup is great vs P D, bad vs RB D.
Pace of play is 13th (/14). O/U is 2nd to last
Baker has the worst ASR matchup of the week. Lamar has the T-10th worst matchup.
Freeman? has the worst ALY matchup of the week.

Slow pace, low over under, don't go overboard. I'd one-off at best. Maybe even a Hunt could be a very low owned pivot.... but we'd have to hope he jumps to his early season workload/usage, as last week tied his lowest snap% to date (38%). With that game included, he's averaged 47%. Low floor, but where else can you get sub 1% ownership, and 20+ point upside, while being cheap too.

I won't talk you off chubb, a bit to pricey for me, but he has RB1 potential any week. Play baker at your own risk, despite a positive DVOA matchup, this isn't a pass first or even pass second team.

Lamar has rushing upside at the position that is unmatched... and I saw the note on how they may want to go a bit uptempo again. He can be a QB1, but I, like most weeks, feel like I don't want him here. Andrews would be my only other consideration. Pass on the RB(s).

I will note lamar has been turnover prone recently, and this is 1 of 2 defenses that are top 10 in ASR and ALY matchup. Not sure if I'm advocating it though.

Edit - Do note - BAL will be without their starting guard (Mekari). And possibly 2 CBs that are questionable (plus a 3rd who's been out for 2 weeks).
Do note - CLV has their CB/LB (Newsome/Walker) out, and 2 DT's/S that are questionable (Jackson/Elliot-Harrison), all of whom just played balty prior to their bye..... actually turns me on to lamar a bit more, especially if they do do more uptempo, as it'll improve the low rated pace as well.

DAL/WAS

DAL DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, and bad vs RB D.
WAS DVOA Matchup is good vs RB D, bad vs P D.
Pace of play is 5th (4th highest of main slate), O/U is T-4th.
Heinicke has the T-4th worst ASR matchup. Dak has the 4th best.
Gibson has the T-7th worst ALY matchup.

Oh baby, one of the top 4 in both pace AND O/U's of the main slate. That's a positive. I think Dak+WR+Mclaurin could be a thoughtful game stack (maybe even RSJ/McKissic --- check statuses though, just off memory). I don't want to go overboard here, because I think dallas can win comfortable and we may be in a position where pollard will be out, boosting Zeke's snap % greatly. If so, I think pairing him with DAL Def can be a game leverage play. Kind of like it better. Higher pace, and a lopsided gamescript (that I'm planning for, but could fail), gives both the Defense and RB more opportunities. The last of the only 2 defenses this week that has a top 10 matchup in ASR and ALY.

Won't talk anyone off gibson, I do like the other guys in his price range more, and without mckissic he saw his highest snap share, at 82%... which is effin solid for 6K.
but mckissic did practivce last week, and when he's been active, its a 60-40 split with him at best. Given my predicted gamescript, he may be closer to 40-50% (gibson). Pass.

Schultz and his 95%+ snaps without jarwin here is always viable.

Do Note - DAL - Pollard is the key injury to watch.
WAS - Offensively, McKissic (Samuel is Q, would boost the 3 pass catchers mentioend (Mach5/RSJ/McK) - Defense will be w/o 2 LB's that played last week, another who is questionable, and landon collins, also questionable)

LVR/KCC

LVR DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, good vs P D.
KCC DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, meh vs RB D.
Pace of play is T-1st. O/U is T-4th.
Mahomes as the best ASR matchup.
Helaire has the 2nd best ALY matchup, Jacobs has the T-9th worst ALY matchup.

Oh baby, 2nd of 3 games where we have a top 4 in both pace and O/U.

Where do I start..... Josh Jacobs had 85% snap count, his highest of the year, with Drake getting hurt early (and playing just 12% of snaps - also no richard)... without a threat to be spilled out, Jacobs has 90%+ snap potential ---- w/o drake he ended up with 9 targets last week (9 catches too)... he may be a set it and forget it play as he can't be scripted out here. I will note, and it feels like the first time for the chiefs, but he's T-9th (with 3 people) for worst ALY matchup, which is actually close to middle of the pack. Jones/Renfrow/Edwards all played around 70% of snaps.... renfrow for ppr, edwards for home runs... but do know, d-jax saw 50% of snaps, his most of the year across multiple teams, my gut says pass. We also have moreau without waller.... him and RSJ are the cheap guys you have to pick between if punting TE.

He has a great ALY, and projected gamescript/flow, but I can't really trust helaire... in his two games since returning, he looks to be in a 50-50 split with dar. williams. Unfortunately pass. I'd rather have the guys who can put up monster numbers in Mahomes/Hill/Kelce. If you're looking secondary, pringle continues to see increased usage... D-Rob/Hardman behind him.

Do Note - LVR - missing LB who started last week, and DE for 2 weeks now. (Perryman/Nassib)
KCC - pretty healthy, 1 CB who hasn't played in 2 weeks is out.

SEA/HOU

SEA DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, bad vs P D.
HOU DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, meh vs RB D.
Pace of play is 8th. O/U is last.
Wilson has 3rd worst ASR matchup. Taylor has T-8th worst ASR matchup.

Good vs HOU to have a low key good pass D.... didn't really notice that. We know the problems Seattle has had on offense, but this is HOU, and they do have a healthy Team total as 8.5 point faves, and they may be low owned pivot/leverage plays. I won't go overboard, but one-offing lockett or metcalf could pay dividends. There's no AP, there's no Homer, we know there's been no carson..... Penny is more of the change of pace back. While he's been terrible, I think this could set up collins to pay off a cheap salary. Someone on that team has good TD equity, and the backs have the better matchup, and better gamescript.

We don't want the houston backfield, there's enough cheaper pivot options. Now Taylor could be paired, I think I'd rather one off Cooks, most playing time, plus matchup, continues to fail me every week, so why not try, try again. TE's are in like a 60-40 split... Nico collins is next best snaprate receiving option.

Don't need to go overboard here though.

Do Note - SEA - will be without 1 to 2 of their safetys (Adams for sure, Diggs is questionable)... that would be a huge loss. They will be without 1 O-lineman too.
HOU - they have a LB/S/DE that play last week, all are questionable. Cooks needs to be monitored too.

JAC/TEN

JAC DVOA Matchup is good vs P/RB.
TEN DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, good vs RB D.
Pace of play is 9th. O/U is in the bottom group.
Tannehill has T-5th worst ASR matchup. Lawrence has the 2nd best ASR matchup.
Foreman? has the 6th best ALY matchup.

I don't care for this game, meh pace, meh o/u, wide spread kind of hurts the good pass matchup for tanny. No AJ Brown, Julio may be back, and if he's healthy enough for them to activate, he is viable at a cheap as heck price but I probably wouldn't pair with tanny. I'm interest in a back here, but Hillard and Foreman had a 50/50 split, and mcmuffin is due to come back....we are going to be guessing which of the main 2 even gets to 50% snap share, and that's not even high enough to feel happy about clicking, despite a good matchup/script. I'll note, in the 2 games without julio/aj, Westbrook had 80%+ snaps and 8 targets.

Another week, another good lawrence matchup, and let's see if its another failure...... no dan arnold (and probably negative gamescripts) has led to more WR3 sets... Treadwell has passed shenault in snapshare... jones still the #1. I don't really feel comfortable here, one off at your pleasure. I don't think I want J-Rob here with injury concerns + missing center + negative script. Better options.

Do Note - JAC - is relatively healthy, BUT they will be without there best rated lineman in Linder. (started first 5, and last 2 games... 2nd injury)
TEN - Missing a handful of players, some for a couple weeks...but Jenkins (CB), and cunningham (LB) maybe most notable. Hmmm.

NOS/NYJ

NOS DVOA Matchup is great vs P/RB D.
NYJ DVOA Matchup is meh vs P D, bad vs RB D.
Pace of play is 10th. O/U is bottom group.
Wilson has T-6th best ASR matchup.
Ingram? has the T-7th best ALY matchup. T. Johnson? has the T-7th worst ALY matchup.

To many injury concerns.

Kamara is back... and there's no ingram or montgomery.... I will say taysom can steal td equity from them. Will be the 4th~ game without their top 2 Olineman (Ramzyk/Armstead). Humphrey may be out which would boost the other 3 WR's production, but I don't see them needing to play catchup to much. I think naked Taysom is the way, or just Kamara, who has a path to 100% snaps...lol

We need to know elijah moore status, as they love to use him. We know Ty Johnson (And maybe walter?) will see a bigger load, and could be used as a punt. Otherwise I want nothing. Also note, Cole played 90~% of snaps without davis last week... without moore... he should be locked in as everydown WR.

Do Note - NOS - Saints will be without 2 LB's, and Cam Jordan... ooof.
NYJ - No Carter (CB), and DE/LB are questionable, Franklin-Myers, and more importantly Moseley, who we would want an update on.

ATL/CAR

ATL DVOA Matchup is good vs RB D, bad vs P D.
CAR DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, good vs RB D.
Pace of play is 7th. O/U is bottom - oddly.
Newton has the T-8th worst ASR matchup.
Chubba? has the T-7th best ALY matchup, Patterson? Has the T-9th worst ALY matchup.

The pace is nice, Carolina has exceptionally better matchup... if you think they fall into a script of playing with a decent lead, I think their defense can be considered vs Statue Ice. Edit: Just saw the O'Line issues, ugh.... I kind of want to pass altogether, maybe one-off moore/anderson, but I dont want the timeshare in chubba/abdullah.

You could one-off gage, pitts, patterson.. but none of them standout, and I'd rather others at that price point.

Do Note - ATL - Relatively healthy, a LB/S are both questionable, past week players. That's it
CAR - Holy shit.... just noticed, but Carolina has had 10 different lineman play on the OL, 1 is over 91% of total snaps. They're going to be without Jordan (58% of snaps, last played Wk 12), Miller (75% of snaps, Wk 11), Scott (36%, Wk 12), Erving (72%, Wk 9) -- on top of Paradis (91%/Wk9).

1 PMs done, 4PMs hopefully by tomorrow AM (if not later today)

DET/DEN

DET DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, meh vs P D.
DEN DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, good vs RB D.
Pace of play is 12th. O/U is the bottom group.
Teddy has the 2nd worst ASR matchup. Goff has the 9th best ASR matchup.
Jav. Will? has the best ALY matchup. Jem. Jefferson has the 4th worst.

Can you please sit gordon, let Javonte loooose! Now if gordon plays, I still have a bit of interest, but can't over expose myself... argument can be made for gordon too, as he's cheaper, and if he gets the TD or 2, in this extremely favorable matchup, he will crush salary, and will be sub 1% owned. (I'm still only playing williams though). While teddy is in a plus matchup, I don't like the pace, and he's more of a manager... I'd rather one off at best the WRs/Fant, The Defense can be considered.

Edit: Detroit already had a shaky d, and injuries mentioned below make it more concerning.

No swift, to jamal williams, no hockenson...... what is goff to do?! .... It looks like St. Brown, and old flame Reynolds (who he's played with in LA) are the wr duo with 80%+ snaps. Raymond took a back seat, last week he was at 50%, ugh. If you want to take one of them as a punt, be my guest, I may be more comfortable with Jefferson, but IGwebuike will eat into his snaps, and are they going to be efficient touches? maybe not. kind of a pass all around.

Do Note - DEN - Denver has a DE/LB questionable (Harris/Chubb), and Callahan (CB) may be activated off IR, if they all play, watch out (callahan is #1 slot corner in league - or was atleast). If gordon is out, fire up williams as a locked and loaded play.
DET - will be without 2 linebackers, and their star safety. They also have another DT, LB and DE that are questionable. Yikes.

NYG/LAC

NYG DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, meh vs P D.
LAC DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, bad vs P D.
Pace of play is T-1st, but O/U is part of bottom group.
Glennon has the 7th worst ASR matchup.
Ekeler has the 5th best ALY matchup.

Great pace, but the passing offenses not only have bad matchups, but herbie will be without his trust machine in allen (and maybe williams?), and giants will be without dimes, On the flip side the rushing offenses look like they can have success. I obviously think chargers win here, but there is an avenue that if either team gets up big, the other can flourish when the team playing from behind is forced to throw. (So yeah, chargers defense is what I mostly mean). In one half vs the cowboys, when playing with a 2+ score deficit, glennon through 4 picks on 2 drives (one for a td). When playing miami, it was a 1 score game until the 4th and he was much more dink and dunky... so if down 2+ scores, he will turn the ball over + get opps. to be sacked.

Ekeler's injury designation is off from thurs/fri~?, and with no allen, maybe no williams, he may see a ton of everything, adding in the great matchup and projected script, he may be my favorite expensive back --- maybe.

Guyton (especially if no mike williams too) or maybe cook, can be used as a volume/value bargain play.

1/3 of glennons targets go to his backs. I don't think you need to roster Barkley by any means, but they have a plus matchup, and he may also be good for 8~ targets, he did play 75% of the game last week, and sits at just 6K. I don't trust any of the wideouts, plus we are still unsure of golladay/shep, I guess engram can be considered as that may be the chargers one secondary weakness.

Do Note - NYG - will still be w/o adoree jackson (CB), for 2nd week.
LAC - will be w/o asante samuel (CB) for 2nd week, and maybe chris harris (CB),somethign to keep note of.

BUF/TBB

BUF DVOA Matchup is meh vs RB D, and bad vs P D.
TBB DVOA Matchup is bad vs P/RB D.
Pace of play is 4th, O/U is not only the highest (and part of the top group) but the difference between 1st, and 5th (6 points) is practically same as 5th and 13th (6.5 points)
Allen has the 3rd best ASR matchup. Brady has the T-6th best ASR matchup.
Fournette has the 4th best ALY matchup. Singletary? has the T-5th worst ALY matchup.

The last of the 3 games that are top 4 in both pace/OU. It is harddd to avoid this game.

The one thing we know definitively is we do not want the buffalo backfield, check. Diggs played his highest snap share of the year last week (95%), and is an alpha that can be comfortably locked and loaded. I still don't trust gabriel davis, he is #4 on the WR list, and doesn't see enough playing time. I'd rather have beasleys PPR floor, with potential than sanders deep/sideline shots. Knows continues to see 90%+ snaps and is viable. (I'm probably not doing it)

Brate is an afterthought, gronk has been seeing 80%+ of snaps, and can be considered (I'm not doing it).

Perriman was promoted last week to take AB's spot and immediatel knocked off tyler johnson... he played 84% of snaps and he's priced at the minimum on DK... in a game that projects to be a shootout, he can 100% be played if you want him. Godwin and Evans are interchangeable, but I'd much rather have godwin.

Which then leaves Fournette, who has taken over the everydown back role, as he has gone up in snap share to a high of 87% last week. He's viable, as he shouldn't be scripted out, he's averaged 7 targets over the last 4 weeks (since their bye), on top of double digit carries. The last 2 weeks of over 80% snaps, he has had 20+ touches. That's valuable when you play for a top offense.

Play Allen/Brady if you want, justk now most are going here too.... I'll have some shares of course. but they do bring back DE (obada) this week.

Do Note - BUF - May be without LB (Klein)? He tested positive hours before pats game,
TBB - Ryan Jensen (OL) is questionable, and he may be there best rated one... could be a big blow. They will be without their S (Whitehead) for 2nd week, and CB/DE are questionable (dean/gholston) so be mindful.

SFO/CIN

SFO DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, meh vs RB D.
CIN DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, bad vs RB D.
Pace of play is 14th (slowest), O/U is 2nd in main slate (aka the top group) --- contradictory.
Garop has the 5th best ASR matchup.
Mixon? has the 10th best ALY matchup, Wilson? has the 3rd worst ALY matchup.

Ugh, we have question marks in the backfield. Shanahan does trust wilson when needed, so I guess he shouldn't spill much to hasty, but his matchup is meh. The pricepoint I guess would entice though. Mixon is questionable, and do we really want Perine with all the other better options, the pace is slow, and he's got a bad matchup.

Also on the unknown injury front, if deebo is out again, it opens up more for kittle (and aiyuk) to where they can see a boost in production, and should be more heavily considered.

It's a close game, and the O/U is healthy, taking one-offs at WR here can work. I kept touting higgins over chase forever... and its been turning... but feels like nows the time people forget about chase, so be careful (plus higgins is quesitonable too, lmao).

Edit: even more interest in a high leverage pivot option in the WRs of cincy (maybe with burrow) after seeing 2 CB's could be out.

Do Note - SFO - CB (Johnson) is questionable!, and CB (Moseley) is out!....
CIN - Cincy will be missing LB (Bailey) for 2nd straight week, LB (Wilson), and maybe CB (Aquzie) who is questionable, they may be getting back CB (waynes). Boost to RB/Kittle

so is Forerman the titans lead back? i see mcNichols is healthy but im assuming he be back in his 3rd down/pass catching role? i really want whomever titans lead back gonna be to score a td at plus money, mcnichols is +140 while foreman is +150 which kinda confused me. anyone sure what pecking order be here?

so is Forerman the titans lead back? i see mcNichols is healthy but im assuming he be back in his 3rd down/pass catching role? i really want whomever titans lead back gonna be to score a td at plus money, mcnichols is +140 while foreman is +150 which kinda confused me. anyone sure what pecking order be here?

I think mcnichols is change of pace back.... but theres hillard there too

I think mcnichols is change of pace back.... but theres hillard there too
yeaq too much going on with them,, the odds have shifted a bunvh to foreman down to +110 to score with hillard at +225 but they have a yardage prop for hillard and not foreman, think i will just leave alone even tho it just bout a lock they have at least 1 rush td, maybe 2! tough to say who gonna get them.

I didn’t love a ton today but chubba Hubbard ov 59.5 rush yards should be bout as close to a lock it gets. Fire Joe Brady cause Ruhle bitching they don’t run enough and promoting the rb coach to OC I think screams dude gonna get 20 carries, if ya can’t run for 60 yards on atl defense with 20 carries I don’t know wtf to say. Might look into one them exotics for him as well, only problem I don’t trust him to score w Scam back there hogging tds!

hubbard ov125 rush yards and 1td is +1300, like i said im little worried sCam will hog the td but still think it worth a shot considering what going on around panthers, pretty clear they gonna put a big emphasis on running the ball, whether they actually have a lot of success who knows, lol..

hubbard ov125 rush yards and 1td is +1300, like i said im little worried sCam will hog the td but still think it worth a shot considering what going on around panthers, pretty clear they gonna put a big emphasis on running the ball, whether they actually have a lot of success who knows, lol..
Rhule is still a hot commodity

I kinda think he ends up in Minny and gets away from that mess. Think it's the best job in the North, maybe Philly for obvious reasons but Minny makes sense to me. If Vikes don't get rid of Zimmer at this point it's a lost cause.

Trying no more than 1 a game.

1PM Props

J. Jacobs Rush Yds O54.5 -115
Tay. Hill Pass&Rush Yds O254.5 -115
K. Hunt Rush&Rec Yds O51.5 -115

4PM Props

S. Barkley Rush&Rec Yds O84.5 -115 (debated ekeler/mike williams)
Jav. Williams Rush Yds O67.5 -115
J. Chase Rec Yds O63.5 -115

Looked for perriman, but didn't see. Some others I leaned but passed.

i debated on chase, obviously like the fact the niners corners are beat to hell, wasnt sure bout borrow finger tho.

Trying no more than 1 a game.

1PM Props

J. Jacobs Rush Yds O54.5 -115
Tay. Hill Pass&Rush Yds O254.5 -115
K. Hunt Rush&Rec Yds O51.5 -115

4PM Props

S. Barkley Rush&Rec Yds O84.5 -115 (debated ekeler/mike williams)
Jav. Williams Rush Yds O67.5 -115
J. Chase Rec Yds O63.5 -115

Looked for perriman, but didn't see. Some others I leaned but passed.

0-3 on the 1's - An injury (hunt), and a game that got out of hand to quick (jacobs)
3-0 on the 4's - 1 lucky ot maybe? (chase)

LAR/ARI

LAR DVOA Matchup is meh vs RB D, bad vs P D.
ARI DVOA Matchup is meh vs P D, bad vs RB D.
Pace of play is 3rd. O/U is #2.
Murray has the 7th best ASR matchup.
Michel has the 9th best ALY matchup.

Back