Week 14 CFB Plays

Timh

CTG Psychiatrist - Dr. Tim
Sides and Totals 58-36-2, +29.53 units
ML 10-6, +6.93 units
Overall, +36.46 units

Hate to see the regular season coming to an end this week! I've been spinning my wheels a little the last couple of weeks not really picking up any ground, but hope to have a couple of winners for this week.

Houston -4 -108 3.24/3 - I like the fact that this Houston team has really improved their balance on offense with an emeging running game towards the end of the year. They also seem to have improved defensively as the season has progressed. Kolb has done a nice job of minimizing the TO's this season (only 4 picks) and consequently Houston has a nice TO ratio of +9. So. Miss has a good running game but can't rely on their passing offense to bring them back if they get down early. Houston has a lot of momentum and will basically be playing a home game here. I like them to take care of business here and get the win and cover.

Hawaii -7 -113 3.39/3 - HG has a great writeup on this one in his thread as always. I think the fact that Oregon State is more of a running team gives Hawaii a more favorable matchup this week than last week vs. a Purdue team which throws the ball better and could take advantage of the suspect Bow secondary. True, Moore has played better for the Beavers towards the end of the season but OSU would rather rely on the running game and I'm not sure that they can produce enough in the passing game to stay in this one vs. the prolific Hawaii offense. HG makes excellent points about the behind the scenes recruiting aspects of this one, so I'm sure Hawaii will really want to win this game to ensure that the Island local talent will stay home.

GL on the action this week, fellas :cheers:

Thanks Terp, how about that win at Illinois. Really pleased with how the hoop team looks so far. Nice to have some quality freshmen in Hayes, Vazquez playing so well.

TCU -17 -105 2.1/2 - TCU has a large speed advantage in this matchup and should be effective on the flanks defending the AF option which has not looked good the last couple of weeks. The AF secondary has been very vulnerable lately which doesn't bode well against a red hot Jeff Ballard who has been playing great football over the last couple games. TCU has a lot of positive momentum going right now while AF has really struggled. I like TCU to continue their fine run and play another good game at home on Senior Day.

Forgot to post this one on time but anyway...

Navy 1h -10.5 -115 2.3/2

Back