Week 13 What Are We Learning

what in gods name were the vikings doing on that last play? they had 4 guys standing at back of endzone basically watching lions wrs cross the line and turn around! i typically defend zimmer but there no way a defensive minded coach can possibly play whatever defense that was!!!

Tampa/Atlanta - Bucs D actually played very well even though the Falcons gashed them a bit early on with the run and Ryan completed 73% of his passes. Considering the Bucs never trailed the 51-17 pass-run ratio was a bit surprising, but Brady was never sacked. 800 yards of offense, and only two turnovers with one a pick-6, and the game still went under. Damn. Although on the last play of the game Gage had both hands on the backdoor TD for both the cover and the over. I don't think Falcons +10.5 was a bad play.

Arizona/Chicago - This is the kind of game that makes people doubt the Cards. Dalton's four picks set the Cards up at the 28, 15, 28 and 12 yard lines, which Arizona turned into 24 points. The Cards only ran 51 plays for 257 yards.

Chargers/Cincinnati - Chargers jumped all over the Bengals with a red hot Herbert going up 24-0, then the Bengals scored the next 22 and it was a two point game at the end of the third quarter. Then Mixon had a fumble 6 and the game got away from the Bengals. The Burrow finger injury will be one to watch. Chargers are such a Jekyll-Hyde team.

Minnesota/Detroit - Seemed like both teams were dying to lose this one, and in the end the Vikings wanted the L more. Vikings struggled a bit to find a red zone offense without Thielen on the sidelines, but they'll be better moving forward because they were able to spread it around a little more. Lions have no chance next week at Denver.

Giants/Miami - Giants offensive woes continue, still not sure how they beat the Eagles last week. Miami is on a roll, feasting on a soft part of the schedule. They get the Jets and Saints after the bye. Include them in the playoff conversation. At least until January.

Philly/Jets - Now I remember how the Giants beat the Eagles.....Hurts sucked. Philly looked like a pro offense against the Jets with the Mustache taking the snaps. Sounds like Hurts will be back in the lineup after the bye. The NFC East thanks you. The Jets figured out in the 2nd half that they were the Jets.

Indy/Houston - Indy did exactly what a good team is supposed to do: put the boot on the throat and not let up. 141 yards for the Texans. If the season ender at Jacksonville means anything you can back up the truck.

Washington/Vegas - Not sure what happened here as the other three late games were more interesting to me. I do see there were six consecutive punts in the first half. Somehow Washington lost Sweat and Young and yet they've still rattled off four straight wins. Will get a closer look next week when Dallas comes calling.

Rams/Jax - Rams play the bully well against losing teams, but they haven't beaten a winning team since (checks notes) September. Hoping Henderson/Michel doesn't become a timeshare as I have them both in fantasy and love the way McVay uses them. MNF gets another great matchup next weekend.....is it just me or have they actually had better games than SNF this year?

Baltimore/Pittsburgh - Both teams have real challenges on offense, and defenses that are only good about half the time. AFC North is loaded with flawed teams right now. Oh yeah, take a look along the blue scrimmage line and tell me if you see anything interesting:

Attachments

• Play.jpg
    Play.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 14
looks like steelers have a guy way across the los, right next to the ball too so dunno how they missed that?

looks like steelers have a guy way across the los, right next to the ball too so dunno how they missed that?
Probably the same way they missed this on the Santos woeful 65 yarder. Could he have gotten it home from 60? I dunno. It's just something that if you see their games all the time it happens more than its ever called. It's part of the Tomlin philosophy: they won't call everything, and when they're at home they probably won't call it at all.

Last edited:
why she on the beach kicking it while he at work? dunno if i would be happy bout that, lol. and wtf wrong with the way she said "shut up", it sounded like she was mentally retarded.
1. I am going to try and forget you said this....you'd be more than happy

2. You were paying attention to her articulation?

She was on an SI swimsuit shoot, pretty sure everyone wouldn't mind

She ain’t that hot man, she aight, nice tits. When I 1st met my old lady she was in 2 piece and I’d taken her over that chick any day, maybe not now but I dont look the same either, lol.

Tampa/Atlanta - Bucs D actually played very well even though the Falcons gashed them a bit early on with the run and Ryan completed 73% of his passes. Considering the Bucs never trailed the 51-17 pass-run ratio was a bit surprising, but Brady was never sacked. 800 yards of offense, and only two turnovers with one a pick-6, and the game still went under. Damn. Although on the last play of the game Gage had both hands on the backdoor TD for both the cover and the over. I don't think Falcons +10.5 was a bad play.

Arizona/Chicago - This is the kind of game that makes people doubt the Cards. Dalton's four picks set the Cards up at the 28, 15, 28 and 12 yard lines, which Arizona turned into 24 points. The Cards only ran 51 plays for 257 yards.

Chargers/Cincinnati - Chargers jumped all over the Bengals with a red hot Herbert going up 24-0, then the Bengals scored the next 22 and it was a two point game at the end of the third quarter. Then Mixon had a fumble 6 and the game got away from the Bengals. The Burrow finger injury will be one to watch. Chargers are such a Jekyll-Hyde team.

Minnesota/Detroit - Seemed like both teams were dying to lose this one, and in the end the Vikings wanted the L more. Vikings struggled a bit to find a red zone offense without Thielen on the sidelines, but they'll be better moving forward because they were able to spread it around a little more. Lions have no chance next week at Denver.

Giants/Miami - Giants offensive woes continue, still not sure how they beat the Eagles last week. Miami is on a roll, feasting on a soft part of the schedule. They get the Jets and Saints after the bye. Include them in the playoff conversation. At least until January.

Philly/Jets - Now I remember how the Giants beat the Eagles.....Hurts sucked. Philly looked like a pro offense against the Jets with the Mustache taking the snaps. Sounds like Hurts will be back in the lineup after the bye. The NFC East thanks you. The Jets figured out in the 2nd half that they were the Jets.

Indy/Houston - Indy did exactly what a good team is supposed to do: put the boot on the throat and not let up. 141 yards for the Texans. If the season ender at Jacksonville means anything you can back up the truck.

Washington/Vegas - Not sure what happened here as the other three late games were more interesting to me. I do see there were six consecutive punts in the first half. Somehow Washington lost Sweat and Young and yet they've still rattled off four straight wins. Will get a closer look next week when Dallas comes calling.

Rams/Jax - Rams play the bully well against losing teams, but they haven't beaten a winning team since (checks notes) September. Hoping Henderson/Michel doesn't become a timeshare as I have them both in fantasy and love the way McVay uses them. MNF gets another great matchup next weekend.....is it just me or have they actually had better games than SNF this year?

Baltimore/Pittsburgh - Both teams have real challenges on offense, and defenses that are only good about half the time. AFC North is loaded with flawed teams right now. Oh yeah, take a look along the blue scrimmage line and tell me if you see anything interesting:
I pointed out that offsides on Pittsburgh before the snap. I CAN NOT believe that wasn't called.

I'll be on the Pats in the rematch in a couple weeks.

Idiot.

"Let's not give more credit than we need to give credit to Bill Belichick in this one," Sean McDermott said after the loss. "Whether it's Bill or anybody else -- they beat us, right? You sit here and you tell me when we start with an average starting field position at the 40-yard line and he starts at the 23-yard line -- and I'm rounding up in both cases -- and we were 1 for 4 in the red zone, and they were 0 for 1 in the red zone? You give me that ahead of time then I like my chances. I like my chances. So, with all due respect, it's not a Bill Belichick-type thing. It's what are you doing with the opportunities you got? What are you doing with the opportunities you got? We turned the ball over at the plus 30-something yard line. It's sloppy football. It's sloppy football. So, I'm very comfortable in that situation."

Idiot.

"Let's not give more credit than we need to give credit to Bill Belichick in this one," Sean McDermott said after the loss. "Whether it's Bill or anybody else -- they beat us, right? You sit here and you tell me when we start with an average starting field position at the 40-yard line and he starts at the 23-yard line -- and I'm rounding up in both cases -- and we were 1 for 4 in the red zone, and they were 0 for 1 in the red zone? You give me that ahead of time then I like my chances. I like my chances. So, with all due respect, it's not a Bill Belichick-type thing. It's what are you doing with the opportunities you got? What are you doing with the opportunities you got? We turned the ball over at the plus 30-something yard line. It's sloppy football. It's sloppy football. So, I'm very comfortable in that situation."
I actually think it's great psychology for his team

Can't let them believe it's some kind of coach jinx, it really boils down to execution. McDermott is very good, likely the best the AFC East has seen in a couple decades at playing the game with Belichick.

Attitude of "we lost" as opposed to some voodoo BS is perfect for that team. He's also correct. Let that coach get in your head, he wins. He's the perfect marriage of psychology and coach. To beat that, you have to call it out imo.

Idiot.

Wow. That certainly would make me lean pats in rematch, really wasn’t sure bout that either till reading this. Lol. While we on the excuse train how come he didn’t mention their only td came on the back of a fluke turnover where the punt grazed a pats players face mask! When that happened I said that saved them from getting way down, take that fluke play away and imo bills are never even within a score.

Wow. That certainly would make me lean pats in rematch, really wasn’t sure bout that either till reading this. Lol. While we on the excuse train how come he didn’t mention their only td came on the back of a fluke turnover where the punt grazed a pats players face mask! When that happened I said that saved them from getting way down, take that fluke play away and imo bills are never even within a score.

Which is why I don't understand, and started a thread for discussion, that they're only getting a fg at TB this week.

I actually think it's great psychology for his team

Can't let them believe it's some kind of coach jinx, it really boils down to execution. McDermott is very good, likely the best the AFC East has seen in a couple decades at playing the game with Belichick.

Attitude of "we lost" as opposed to some voodoo BS is perfect for that team. He's also correct. Let that coach get in your head, he wins. He's the perfect marriage of psychology and coach. To beat that, you have to call it out imo.
Agree. I will be on the Bills in the rematch as long as the weather is closer to normal.

Idiot.

I think he's right that they gave away the game and have no issue with him not bowing to Belichick.

Reactions: KJ
every argument i heard that bills gave the game away fails to bring up the only td bills scored came off a totally fluke muffed punt that took a weird bounce and grazed pats returners face mask setting up bills only td. right at that point in the game it felt like pats were about to put it out of reach up 11 and getting ball again. without that play i dont think bills are ever within 1 score so those chances in the 4th wouldnt have meant anything..Im not a fan of the "if" game but if we gonna say if this or that and bills win then i think we should point out if that punt doesnt hit guys face mask bills dont have a td!!

another thing in defense of Tua, how many dudes do fish have calling plays? get him some protection and a legit OC and Tua would be just fine, he could absolutely be as good as dak imo. give him dak weapons and line and put dak on fish and everyone be fine with tua.
When the season started I wasn't sure about Tua, but watching him play I think he's good enough to win with. First off he's accurate as hell, and he's playing behind a weak O-Line, he's been without his top three receivers all season, and has no running game, Jaylen Waddle and Mike Gesicki are their only real weapons. His QB rating has been over 100 the last four games, so you can see the growth and improvement in his game, he's far from a finished product, but I'm very encouraged from what I've seen this year

When the season started I wasn't sure about Tua, but watching him play I think he's good enough to win with. First off he's accurate as hell, and he's playing behind a weak O-Line, he's been without his top three receivers all season, and has no running game, Jaylen Waddle and Mike Gesicki are their only real weapons. His QB rating has been over 100 the last four games, so you can see the growth and improvement in his game, he's far from a finished product, but I'm very encouraged from what I've seen this year

i think a lot of ppl rather win the argument than actually be right,, i dont much care if i was right or wrong in any assessment as long as im open minded enough to realize it and be right going forward.. i didnt like kyler murray at all as the 1st pick, i knew after watching him 2-3x in the nfl i was dead wrong! didnt really think kingsbury was a good coach even at start of this year but he has started to change my mind as he has adapted and has them running with physicality more than i ever seen before this season.. i dont care bout my past perception being right, i care about my current as that what matters!!

I think he's right that they gave away the game and have no issue with him not bowing to Belichick.
Did they give away the game or lose? The Vikings gave away their game, like every week pretty much. Buffalo was outplayed. As for him no sucking BB's dick, I get it, but how many other coaches would be that strict to stick with the run to the point of nauseum as he did.

I think there could be value in Buffalo when they play in NE in a few weeks. After that win, home field flipped, gotta think NE will be around -3. May open -3.5 but that will get snatched up right away. Anyway, if Allen is able to throw & there's not weather, outcome could be different. As a Pat's fan, I'll take a split with Buff.

Did they give away the game or lose? The Vikings gave away their game, like every week pretty much. Buffalo was outplayed. As for him no sucking BB's dick, I get it, but how many other coaches would be that strict to stick with the run to the point of nauseum as he did.

I think there could be value in Buffalo when they play in NE in a few weeks. After that win, home field flipped, gotta think NE will be around -3. May open -3.5 but that will get snatched up right away. Anyway, if Allen is able to throw & there's not weather, outcome could be different. As a Pat's fan, I'll take a split with Buff.

There a lot of room between not bowing down or sucking him off and not saying things that will be used as more fuel for the fire.

Pats have turned out even better than I thought they be and think I was higher on them than pretty everyone (I remember getting taunted quite a bit the 1st month while I insisted they a playoff team! Lol). They have exceeded even my expectations as now I think they gotta be the favorite to win the afc! I do think the weather was a huge adv pats, I thought it was very curious I heard a few tv picker guys say weather was adv bills that sounded dumb to me. Pats basically a tough matchup for bills in any weather cause bills insistence to play mostly nickel defense even when a team goes big and pounds them (see colts game before pats). It will def be tough to beat them twice but assuming the weather better now this time who knows what kind of offense they will see? It still a huge deal bills lost one the best corners in the league for the year amd now ya gotta think they gonna have to sell out more against the run which will leave them vulnerable against pass or tricks. Or they can continue playing nickel and pats can continue pounding them: curious to see the line, I kinda like bills to beat bucs this week which should impact it.

Back