Week 13 Rebound - Writeups, Picks, Discussion

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
Ok guys, last week is in the past, I have done more research this week than any other week so I hope the results speak for themselves. I am going to list my leans as of right now, my goal is not to deviate from this list and play only the games listed, a problem I have had all year..

New Mexico ST-6.5 (2-8) @ Utah St (1-10)

One team comes in on a six game losing streak, the other with a 5 game losing streak, someone has to win right? The two teams have played five common opponents; Boise, Hawaii, Nevada, SJST, and Fresno. The last two are a bit misleading imo, yes Utah St beat Fresno and played SJST pretty tough, but if they played tomorrow Fresno would not lose 13-12. That was Fresno St at its worst, they still are not good but they are not as bad as that game. In all of the common opponent games, NMST has been far more impressive because they have been able to score, something Utah St struggles with. NMST relies heavily on the pass (336yds/gm) and Holbrook is a more than capable passer (3845yds, 69%, 27/9). Utah St struggles on offense (135pass/117rush) but they should have no trouble running on NMST defense (218rush/game). This is a very important key to Utah St success, they must run time off the clock and keep Holbrook on the sidelines because they can not go point for point with NMST. NMST has posted 28 on Boise, 30 on Hawaii, 21 on Nevada, and 21 on SJST, which leads me to believe that they will be able to find the end zone against Utah St. Now, if you are a trends guys, NMST is 2-6 ATS last 8 road games, but Utah St is 2-6-1 ATS last 9 games overall. This is a game between two bad teams, one just happens to be worse than the other. NMST last played on 11/11,that is a 2 week break so I would have to think they might be a little rusty at first but they did some game planning and will be ready for this game. Utah St has won the last 2 games in the series. Weather is predicted to be around 40-45degrees but as long as it is dry I am not worried.

Last edited:
Purdue (8-4) @ Hawaii -16 (9-2)

One would think this will be a game of scoring and scoring and scoring but Purdue let me down on that last week with sloppy play and turnovers. Both teams have capable throwers; Painter (Pur): 3365yds, 58%, 17/6 and Brennan (Haw): 4144yds, 72%, 48/8. The key match up in this game is between the Purdue Rush Offense (154yds) vs. Hawaii Run Defense (224yd) and the Hawaii Pass Offense (469yds) vs. Purdue Pass Defense (186yd). This is a very long trip for a Purdue team on Holiday weekend that is already bowl eligible. I know I read comments from Tiller that said he wish they did not have to travel this far and he will enjoy the time with his wife in Hawaii during the holiday weekend. The game is scheduled for 11pm eastern time which on top of the long trip to Hawaii should be a difficult adjustment for a team who I feel will not be focused. 11pm Eastern means that Purdue will be playing football when some of their players are normally in bed. Both teams come off three game win streaks but Hawaii will see a step up in competition from the Big 10 as compared to their normal WAC foes. Hawaii is 9-2 on the yr and I think and I know others have mentioned that Hawaii has an inferiority complex with the big schools. They will get their shot the next two weeks with Purdue and Oregon St. They will be ready to play, you can count on that 100%. For trends, Hawaii is 8-1-1 ATS, 6-0 at home, 8-1 in November and Purdue is 3-10 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.

#12 Boise St (11-0) -3 @ Nevada (8-3)

Before the week, I had full plans to be on Nevada as they have been my cashcow all year. When the spread came out I didn’t feel like I was getting enough points. As I began to research this game I really started to change my mind about this match up. Boise gets the advantage at QB with Zabransky being a threat to throw as well as run. Rowe is capable for Nevada as well but I have to side with Zabransky here. Over the last 3 games, Nevada has been lights out on both sides of the ball. Both of these teams rely heavily on the run, Boise (206pass/ 230rush) and Nevada (177pass/ 212rush). The two teams have played 6 of the same opponents, the only difference is a Boise Win @ home vs. Hawaii and a Nevada loss @ Hawaii that really was not as close as the score indicates. The last 3 games, Nevada has allowed 7 points. Boise St has won the last 6 games between these two teams, needs this game to clinch a BCS, but they are 1-4 ATS away this season. Nevada is 5-0 ATS @ home this yr. The key to this game is how well can Nevada run on Boise and how well can Boise run on Nevada. These are crucial components of each teams offense. On the defensive side of the ball, Nevada stats have been unreal the last 3 weeks, avg 2.3pts/game but they do have the weaker RUN D of the two teams, something very important in this game. I will have to wait on this game until I hear the status of Ian Johnson, I know he says he is playing and plans to wear a jacket with two cracked ribs, and Nevada’s two RB’s (Fragger & Hubbard) before making a play. I will also take a harder look at the under (58), I know scary because both of these teams avg. over 40 points a game the last three weeks but you will see a lot of running in this game and in my opinion not a lot of scoring. Also I feel a lot of people will be on Nevada as we get closer to game time and the spread will be a little bit lower...

everythingthatsgreen said:

One would think this will be a game of scoring and scoring and scoring but Purdue let me down on that last week with sloppy play and turnovers. Both teams have capable throwers; Painter (Pur): 3365yds, 58%, 17/6 and Brennan (Haw): 4144yds, 72%, 48/8. The key match up in this game is between the Purdue Rush Offense (154yds) vs. Hawaii Run Defense (224yd) and the Hawaii Pass Offense (469yds) vs. Purdue Pass Defense (186yd). This is a very long trip for a Purdue team on Holiday weekend that is already bowl eligible. I know I read comments from Tiller that said he wish they did not have to travel this far and he will enjoy the time with his wife in Hawaii during the holiday weekend. The game is scheduled for 11pm eastern time which on top of the long trip to Hawaii should be a difficult adjustment for a team who I feel will not be focused. 11pm Eastern means that Purdue will be playing football when some of their players are normally in bed. Both teams come off three game win streaks but Hawaii will see a step up in competition from the Big 10 as compared to their normal WAC foes. Hawaii is 9-2 on the yr and I think and I know others have mentioned that Hawaii has an inferiority complex with the big schools. They will get their shot the next two weeks with Purdue and Oregon St. They will be ready to play, you can count on that 100%. For trends, Hawaii is 8-1-1 ATS, 6-0 at home, 8-1 in November and Purdue is 3-10 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.

I like the comment about Tiller and his wife enjoying the Holiday weekend. Be careful about the time change. Most teams schedule their practices at the time of game when they play Hawaii. I wouldn't doubt Purdue is having practices at 11 PM all week. It's worth looking into. I'm leaning on Purdue because I think Hawaii's injuries on their Dline will get exploited. But the Tiller comment scares me. I'll wait to make a play. Good writeups.

San Jose St -6.5 (6-4) @ Idaho (4-7)

We have a SJSU team on a two game skid and a Idaho team on a 3 game skid. Idaho has been demolished the last three weeks (0-34 Fresno, 7-45 Nevada, 10-68 Hawaii).. When Fresno beats you by 34, there is reason for concern. The two teams have played 6 common opponents and actually have the same results against all of them. The only difference is that SJSU has been more impressive in their wins and losses. Key match ups in this game are SJSU Rushing Game (137yd) vs. Idaho Rush Defense (196yd). Idaho key on offense is its pass (133yd) because SJST has been crushed trying to defend the pass (320yds.) SJSU is already bowl eligible but I have the feeling they would like to end the regular season on a positive note where as the Vandals just want to end the season. SJST won last yr game by 8 points and they do have problems on the road (1-3) but Idaho is not fierce at home (2-2). I need to look into this game a bit more before making a play.

#23 BYU -10 (9-2) @ Utah (7-4)

Huge rivalry game and Utah has won the last four meetings, something I look to be reversed this weekend. BYU comes in on an 8 game win streak where they have played solid in every facet of the game. Utah on the other hand is on a 3 game win streak but they are flaky and doing enough to just get by. John Beck has been great for BYU (3128yds, 71%, 25/6) while Ratliff has been up and down (2198yd, 57%, 19/8). The two teams have 7 common opponents and there are three games that stick out to me. Utah lost to both New Mexico, who they let back in the game after a large 1st half lead, and Wyoming. BYU beat the crap out of both of those teams. Just this past week, Utah struggled with AF to get a 17-14 win, a team BYU dominated 33-14. Laying double digits in a big rivalry is a little scary but in this case I feel BYU is more than capable of taking care of business. They have already accepted a bowl bid but that is no reason for them to go into this game sleepwalking, they want to win this game. Seniors on the team have never tasted a win vs. Utah! Key match ups in this game are BYU Pass Offense (355yd) vs. Utah Pass Defense (228yd) and Utah Pass Offense (282yd) vs. BYU Pass Defense (157yd). BYU is 7-1 ATS last 8 games away, The road team is 9-2 ATS the last 11 games in this series but the underdog is 8-1 ATS last 9 games.

More writeups to come..

UVA +17.5
NC -7
South Carolina +6

Last edited:
trainwreck42 said:
I like the comment about Tiller and his wife enjoying the Holiday weekend. Be careful about the time change. Most teams schedule their practices at the time of game when they play Hawaii. I wouldn't doubt Purdue is having practices at 11 PM all week. It's worth looking into. I'm leaning on Purdue because I think Hawaii's injuries on their Dline will get exploited. But the Tiller comment scares me. I'll wait to make a play. Good writeups.

Valid, however, I still think it is an adjustment to play a game that starts at 11pm Eastern when Big 10 games are often noon kickoffs. The trip is long and I can see this team enjoying the scenery more than the game. I think there will be some Purdue action and the line might actually drop, something I will look and hope for. I have my limit and -17 is about the top of it. I will not lay 3 TDs in this game.

I would like to see Hawaii jump out 14-0 so that Purdue abandons the run and puts the game in Painter's hands.

Tuesday Night Action

Under 47 ---2 Units

Maybe the MAC is due for an over since the under was 5-0 last week but I still don't buy it. These teams have trouble finding the endzone and both have improved their defense. I am very skeptical of laying points in this league as the dog's have covered at almost a rate of 2:1

Tuesday Night Action

Under 47 ---2 Units

Maybe the MAC is due for an over since the under was 5-0 last week but I still don't buy it. These teams have trouble finding the endzone and both have improved their defense. I am very skeptical of laying points in this league as the dog's have covered at almost a rate of 2:1

That pick 6 is going to hurt!

This game is in trouble..21-7 at half

South Carolina +5.5 (6-5) @ Clemson (8-3)

Ok guys...Huge game between the two schools. If Spurrier wins this game people around Columbia will quickly forget all about the FL, Arky, Tenn, and Auburn game...Clemson has won the last 4 games and 8 of the last 9, its safe to say Clemson has owned the cocks. This yr is different because South Carolina is gradually getting better as the season comes to an end and Clemson has gradually played worse.. These two have switched roles, usually its Clemson with a late surge at the end of the yr. Clemson comes off the bye this week and they have not been playing well as of late. South Carolina comes off a tune up game vs. Midd Tenn St. SC has the advantage at QB, Mitchell has been playing very well as of late and also the edge at WR but Clemson gets the edge on O-Line and RB. South Carolina must stop Davis/Spiller to keep this one close. If they run wild it will be a long day up in Clemson. Proctor is a liability with the ball in his hands. SC is a very young team, they lose Newton, 2 O-line, and Bennet, everyone else returns and has played significantly. I will give SC the coaching edge, Clemson the D-Line edge, LB's are even, this would not be the case if Anthony Waters and Billie were not hurt.. DB's is about even as well maybe a slight edge to Clemson. Clemson D-Line is prob one of the best USC has seen all yr and Adams is a beast so keeping Blake on his feet is key for SC. Its been a long time since SC won and Clemson will be a loud stadium but Gamecocks will make up a decent portion of the crowd. Give me the points because there is no doubt in my mind that SC can win SU, I'm just asking them not to lose by 6! It will be a good competitive game..

http://www.sportsline.com/print/collegefootball/story/9820432

Purdue's Bright, Benson won't play at Hawaii after arrests
Nov. 21, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports
dot.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Purdue football players Eugene Bright and Derek Benson will not travel to Saturday's game at No. 25 Hawaii after being arrested at a party over the weekend, school officials said Tuesday.
Police used a stun gun to control the 21-year-old Bright, who is accused of fighting with an officer early Sunday at an underage drinking party hours after last week's win over Indiana.
Bright, a junior defensive end, was charged with battery on a police officer and resisting law enforcement, Lt. Gary Sparger of the West Lafayette Police Department said Tuesday. Bright hit the officer in the arm and chest, Sparger said.
The 21-year-old Benson, a redshirt freshman who hosted the party, was charged with suspicion of furnishing alcohol to a minor, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, disorderly conduct and maintaining a common nuisance, police said.
Purdue coach Joe Tiller said Tuesday the school was investigating and did not rule out further punishment.
Sophomore tight end Jerry Wasikowski was cited for violating the noise ordinance, and four others were cited for minor consumption.
Bright and Benson were released from the Tippecanoe County Jail Sunday after posting bond.
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Regardless of whether or not they play, distractions before a trip hopefully means this team comes to Hawaii unfocused!
[/FONT]

Tuesday Night Action

Under 47 ---(LOSS) -2.2 Units

0-1 on the week...I had a feeling this was coming, anyway enough with the Wacky MAC. I am prob only playing 5 games this weekend so I will be busy selecting the remaining three.. Hopefully this week is a good one!

North Carolina -7 (2-9) @ Duke (0-11)

Too bad this is not Basketball. NC is 7-2 in last 9 ATS head to head vs. Duke. Anyway what we have is a team here with a little momentum (NC) off a big win over NC State. Duke has lost two games this yr by 7 or less, Wake early in the yr and Miami after the fight. Similarly, NC has only beaten two teams by 7+; NC State and Furman. The last four weeks NC has picked up their play and has been pretty competitive; 0-7 GT, 17-24 Wake, 26-45 ND. Duke just got ran down by GT 2nd team. They have now received four beatings in a row. Duke has a horrible RUSH D and NC should be able to find a hole all day long. As long as NC does not have to throw the ball often they should be able to score in this one. Still looking at this before I punch the ticket but I like this at a TD or less..

Some Coach Tiller comments:

On what the motivation is for the game to be played ...
"I don't know the motivation for it. The game, in my opinion, would have been more palatable if we had an 11 game season instead of a 12 game season. It would have been more palatable if we would have been like Notre Dame and had a bye in the fifth week of the season. It would have been more palatable if there was a big pay day at the end of the rainbow, so to speak. This may end up being a net-dollar loss, because I don't know if all expenses are covered.

And what he had to say about his players

"The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. They practiced hard (on Monday), but they just looked slow. They looked a little leg weary. That's not uncommon. We're going into our 16th consecutive week without a break, when you talk about training camp and then getting into the season. We've been at this for a while. Normally, yesterday would have been a day off. I think when you play without a bye and go through a 12-week schedule, we've managed our team well. I hope our guys adjust to the routine now."

Like this play a lot. Over the last several years big conference teams have struggled ATS in this spot. Wiscy was an exception last year. It is a completely different situation this year with Hawaii a DD favorite. Purdue probably could run it at will but they don't play that way. The only way Purdue covers is if they can score at will against Hawaii.

South Carolina +5.5 (6-5) @ Clemson (8-3)

Ok guys...Huge game between the two schools. If Spurrier wins this game people around Columbia will quickly forget all about the FL, Arky, Tenn, and Auburn game...Clemson has won the last 4 games and 8 of the last 9, its safe to say Clemson has owned the cocks. This yr is different because South Carolina is gradually getting better as the season comes to an end and Clemson has gradually played worse.. These two have switched roles, usually its Clemson with a late surge at the end of the yr. Clemson comes off the bye this week and they have not been playing well as of late. South Carolina comes off a tune up game vs. Midd Tenn St. SC has the advantage at QB, Mitchell has been playing very well as of late and also the edge at WR but Clemson gets the edge on O-Line and RB. South Carolina must stop Davis/Spiller to keep this one close. If they run wild it will be a long day up in Clemson. Proctor is a liability with the ball in his hands. SC is a very young team, they lose Newton, 2 O-line, and Bennet, everyone else returns and has played significantly. I will give SC the coaching edge, Clemson the D-Line edge, LB's are even, this would not be the case if Anthony Waters and Billie were not hurt.. DB's is about even as well maybe a slight edge to Clemson. Clemson D-Line is prob one of the best USC has seen all yr and Adams is a beast so keeping Blake on his feet is key for SC. Its been a long time since SC won and Clemson will be a loud stadium but Gamecocks will make up a decent portion of the crowd. Give me the points because there is no doubt in my mind that SC can win SU, I'm just asking them not to lose by 6! It will be a good competitive game..

Originally, I was all over this game thinking the Gamecocks wouldn't feel the heat of playing at Clemson. After further review, I am a little scared of SC's run D against the big Clemson O-line. Scared enough it got me off the game. Last week I told you to look out for MTSU at SC and look what happened there so you're probably ok...lol

3wiggler said:
Originally, I was all over this game thinking the Gamecocks wouldn't feel the heat of playing at Clemson. After further review, I am a little scared of SC's run D against the big Clemson O-line. Scared enough it got me off the game. Last week I told you to look out for MTSU at SC and look what happened there so you're probably ok...lol

I am still unsure about this one.. The Gamecocks can beat Clemson, I know its possible but something happens in that game and more often than not Clemson somehow wins..

Capped this game earlier in the week than had some bad feelings about it but I am starting to like it again so I will hold off until Thursday to play because I think more people will be on the U and I need more time to think about it but here is how I see it..

#18 Boston College -4 @ Miami (5-6)

BC is on a 2 game win streak and still very much alive in the ACC. They don't control their own destiny but they can help it by winning. Miami comes in off a 4 game losing streak if what has been a long, emotional, and odd year for Miami Football. Miami needs this game to go to a bowl but I think you will be hard pressed to find a kid in that locker room who does not want this season to just end. Maybe you think they win one for Coach Coker since he is apparently on his way out after Thursday nights game. BC has been bad on the road (2-2), its where they have picked up their only two losses and Miami is 4-2 at home however, I cant bet Miami because I can not put my money on their QB. With Wright out they took a big downgrade at the position and that is saying a lot because Wright was better than Freeman and he was awful at times...Freeman stats: 415yds, 55%, 4/4 which won't get the job done against BC. When I broke everything down I gave BC the edge with Common opponents, streaks, injuries, qb, pass yards, rush yards, points scored, and points allowed. Miami has the edge with maybe emotion, homefield, and yards allowed (the only statisical advantage). So does Miami fold it up and end the season or do they try to win 1 for their coach, I will decide this on Thursday..

everything...Very nice write-ups. You see a lot of the games as I see them this weekend. Hopefully, we are right. Good luck!!!

Thanks a lot Mule & Hunt, GL to you guys as well..

Some more comments, props to Trainwreck for these...

BYU QB and Coach on the importance of this weeks rivalry game with Utah.
"We're going to beat those guys up north," quarterback John Beck said from the podium on the field at LaVell Edwards Stadium during the presentation of the championship trophy following BYU's 42-17 win over New Mexico last weekend. Coach Bronco Mendenhall has a motivation plan for his team as if one were needed. "I've had an idea in place for quite some time," he said. "I'll keep that between me and the team."
Note that BYU seniors have never beaten Utah plus they’ve already clinched the Mountain West title.

Joe Tiller on this weeks game against Hawaii
"I never wanted this game and still don't," Tiller told the West Lafayette Journal and Courier. "The reason for it is 13 games instead of 12 instead of 11 (like last year).
"You're probably better off playing (Hawaii) early in the season than late because, like every team in America right now, we're worn down. And you don't need another game." Purdue coach Joe Tiller speaking to the West Lafayette Journal and Courier

Tiller does not want to play Hawaii at all. I keep finding articles and quotes from this guy about this game..This is from Hawaiiguy post at covers...

Tiller, enjoy the wkend with your wife in beautiful Hawaii and lose by 21 and I will be plenty pleased with you!

http://starbulletin.com/2006/11/22/sports/story03.html

Tiller against UH trip

The Purdue coach calls game against Hawaii 'valueless'

By Dave Reardon
dreardon@starbulletin.com

Purdue is scheduled to arrive today for a football game Saturday against No. 25 Hawaii. But Boilermakers coach Joe Tiller said yesterday the trip is "valueless" in his opinion and being made against his wishes.
Tiller, speaking at his weekly news conference, said he twice told Purdue athletic director Morgan Burke to cancel the game.
Purdue at Hawaii

Where: Aloha Stadium
When: Saturday, 6:05 p.m. (Stadium gates open at 3 p.m.)
TV: Live (and rebroadcast at 10:30 p.m.) on pay-per-view (Dig. 255). Call 625-8100 on Oahu or (808) 643-2337 statewide. Delayed free on Sunday, 10 a.m. on KFVE (Ch. 5).
Radio: KKEA, 1420-AM
Internet: espn1420am.com
Parking: $5. Lot gates open at 2:30 p.m. Alternate parking at Leeward Community College (free, $2 shuttle), Kam Drive-In ($5, free shuttle). Shuttles are from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and approximately 1 hour after game ends. Parking also at Radford High School ($3, no shuttle). No tailgating at alternate parking sites. Tickets: $5-38.
"I told him to call them up and tell them, 'We're not coming. We're just not coming; go find another opponent.' The reason I say that is there is no guarantee from a financial point of view. It is a valueless game for Purdue University," Tiller said. "They provide you with X number of round-trip tickets, X number of rooms and X number of money for meals. You come back from this trip and you don't have any financial consideration that maybe would help your football program."
Tiller also said he does not want to schedule future games against Hawaii, either here or at Purdue, in West Lafayette, Ind. He also cited the distance of the trip, especially as the last game of a 13-game season in which there was no bye.
Hawaii athletic director Herman Frazier issued the following statement after hearing of Tiller's comments:
"I am somewhat baffled by the comments made by the coach at Purdue University, because all of our contract negotiations, the present and future, have taken place with administrators. On that note, we look forward to hosting the Boilermakers at Aloha Stadium Saturday night. It should be an exciting game for everyone."
Those negotiations included using a non-Western Athletic Conference officiating crew. Saturday's officials are from the Pac-10.
Tiller said Northwestern coach Randy Walker and Michigan State coach John L. Smith told other Big Ten coaches to avoid playing at Hawaii because of their experiences with officiating in losses here in 2004.
"Randy and John L. talked about it to all the other coaches and their advice to every coach in that room was 'Do not go there and play,'" Tiller said. "Michigan State's game was unbelievable. They had two touchdowns called back. They would have won the game going away. And they needed that game to become bowl eligible."
Michigan State is trying to pull out of a game at Hawaii next year, a situation that Frazier said is delaying his ability to complete and announce UH's 2007 schedule.
"Quite frankly, I think Hawaii is having a difficult time scheduling games because of their arrangements," Tiller said.
Tiller advocates using officiating crews from the visiting school's conference in nonconference games.
He coached at Wyoming from 1991 through 1996. Wyoming played Hawaii six times during that stretch, including two games at Aloha Stadium that the teams split. He was asked if the officiating was fair at those games.
"No," Tiller answered. "I know that the WAC, at the time, used to assign local officials. It got so bad that the WAC decided that they weren't going to do that anymore."
The Purdue-Hawaii game was originally contracted in 1994 and pushed back from 2002, said Tiller, who came to Purdue in 1997.
Boilermakers defensive end Anthony Spencer said the Purdue players are excited about the game against Hawaii (9-2, 7-1 WAC).
"As a player and a team, you want to win as many games as possible. We want to win 10, it's our (senior class') first opportunity to do that," Spencer said. "To win 10 we have to win nine first, and this is nine. We're looking forward to it. As a defense, you want to go against the best in the nation. That's why you play Division I football."
Purdue (8-4, 5-3 Big Ten) yesterday accepted an invitation to play in the Champs Sports Bowl, Dec. 29 in Orlando, Fla., against a yet-to-be-named ACC opponent.
Two suspended:

Purdue players Eugene Bright and Derek Benson did not make the trip because they were arrested at a party over the weekend, the school said.

Police used a stun gun to control the 21-year-old Bright, who is accused of fighting with an officer trying to arrest people at an underage drinking party hours after last week's win over Indiana.
Bright, a junior defensive end, was charged with battery on a police officer and resisting law enforcement, Lt. Gary Sparger of the West Lafayette Police Department said yesterday. Bright hit the officer in the arm and chest, Sparger said.
Benson, 21, is a redshirt freshman who lived at the home where the party was held early Sunday. He was charged with suspicion of furnishing alcohol to a minor, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, disorderly conduct and maintaining a common nuisance, a police report read.
Tiller and the school are investigating. Tiller and sports information director Tom Schott said yesterday that further punishment may be forthcoming.
Sophomore tight end Jerry Wasikowski, who also lived at the home, was cited for violating the noise ordinance. Four others were also cited for minor consumption.
Both Bright and Benson were released from the Tippecanoe County Jail on Sunday after posting bond.
RGM tight:

UH slotback Ryan Grice-Mullins suffered from a tight groin yesterday after practice, but said he does not expect to miss Saturday's game.
Despite missing four games with a sprained ankle, Grice-Mullins has caught 31 passes for 599 yards and seven touchdowns this season. The sophomore leads the Warriors' regulars with 19.3 yards per catch.

A Miami article talking about the current situation...This is an editorial from covers...

Sitting there watching Virginia dominate Miami this past Saturday, I didn’t need Kirby Freeman to tell me what I was witnessing: The Canes can’t wait for this nightmare season to end.
Just in case anyone missed the 17-7 Canes loss, the redshirt sophomore QB who replaced a struggling, then injured Kyle Wright, confirmed to the Boston Globe on Tuesday what was painfully obvious to anyone who saw the game.
"I`ll tell you, we have a handful of guys that want this season to be over," said Freeman. "We have a handful of guys that want to go out with a bang. So, I`m trying to get the people in the right group into this game. None of us expected to be where we`re at right now.”
Where they are right now is in the midst of a four-game losing streak with a win needed Thursday against Boston College to salvage bowl eligibility. It’s been even worse for Canes bettors, who have watched their bankrolls evaporate through a 2-7-1 ATS season.
The only covered spreads came in a 35-0 win against Florida International that ended in a now infamous brawl, and a 14-13 loss to Maryland two weeks ago as three-point underdogs. They’re now dogs again after opening at +4 ½ and they moved to +3 ½ on Wednesday.
To say it’s all been surprising is about as big as understatements get. I had Miami pegged to win the ACC back in August and wrote in my first Four Play column of the season that Kyle Wright would emerge as the best quarterback in the conference.
A couple of preseason suspensions, an ugly brawl, a plethora of injuries, and a stalled offense later and we’re looking at what could be Miami’s first losing season since 1997. And that’s not the worst part. The most devastating news came when starting defensive lineman Bryan Pata was tragically murdered just two weeks ago outside his home.
"The way that it happened and when it happened, it took a lot out of everybody," linebacker Darryl Sharpton told the </I>Globe</I>. "He was literally like a brother to everybody. It`s almost still unreal to me to this day. It`s tough to get totally into the football spirit knowing what happened to Bryan, but we just have to muster up some energy and play for him."
The Canes were able to give a solid effort against Maryland in a game they could have just as easily won, but that came just days after Pata’s death. Now that the situation has had time to sink in and Miami’s season aspirations are in the rearview mirror, it looks like there might not be much fight left in this team.
Virginia absolutely dominated the Canes on the weekend on both offense and defense in a game they were outgained 349 yards to 263.
The only really notable Canes play came with just 3:08 left in the game when Virginia led 17-0 and Freeman aired out a pass to Lance Leggett for a 77-yard touchdown. That reception accounted for more than half of Miami’s passing yards for the day and the rushing effort wasn’t any better with just 111 yards, nearly all of which came on short gains.
Tight end Greg Olsen was one of the few Hurricanes who looked like he’s still ready to play every down. He made a couple of gritty, diving catches in the first half and wasn’t shy about letting his teammates know when they missed a play on the field.
No surprise from Olsen, who probably doesn’t sit down for a game of checkers at half-speed. It’s the rest of the team Miami bettors need to be worried about this Thursday.
Even the defense, which was steady throughout Miami’s offensive woes this year, looked a step behind. Though Virginia played its best offensive game of the year, redshirt freshman quarterback Jameel Sewell showed his youth.
Sewell tossed for 217 yards and ran for two touchdowns, but several of his completions could have been for more yards if the passes were a little more accurate.
Most of the time when Sewell misses a pass, it’s overthrown with his bullet arm. His receivers bailed him out a few times with crafty catches which they might not have made against better coverage and a more urgent defense.
That urgent defense is what we’ve gotten used to seeing at Miami the past few seasons. The Canes are giving up just 15.4 points per game this season and the under is a nation-leading 9-1 in Miami games.
It wasn’t Miami’s best effort Saturday, however, and it doesn’t help the Canes have a pile of injuries at linebacker. Starters Glen Cook and Romeo Davis are out this week along with oft-played backups Spencer Adkins and Colin McCarthy. Starter Tavares Gooden was also out against Virginia with a concussion, but should return this week, and his replacement, Jon Beason, banged up his hand against the Cavs and will play with the pain.
None of it looks good for Miami Thanksgiving Thursday. Boston College is hungry to beat the Canes for the first time since Doug Flutie’s famed Hail Mary in 1984 and the Eagles also still have a shot at claiming the ACC Atlantic if Maryland can beat Wake on Saturday.
On the line for Miami is a trip to the MPC Computers Bowl in Boise or perhaps the Emerald City Bowl in San Francisco. Not exactly the strikes of the bowling world. For what it’s worth, the Canes made a symbolic gesture this week that shows they wouldn’t put money on themselves going to a bowl game if the NCAA allowed such a move. Miami carried its seniors off the field on the shoulders of the underclassmen on Tuesday – a Hurricanes tradition reserved for the last practice before the last game of the season.

Great writeups. When I get some more time here I'll go over them all and make my cfb card from yours this week... no time for me to pay much attention to it.

Fondybadger said:
Great writeups. When I get some more time here I'll go over them all and make my cfb card from yours this week... no time for me to pay much attention to it.

Thanks for the kind words, means alot..

The way my luck has gone lately, I would just play the opposite of whatever I got!

GL

Happy Thanksgiving to all...

Thusday Night Action

BC -4 ---- 2.2 Units
Under 38 --- 1 Units

This game is tricky. Everything statistically tells me BC, but road troubles and unsuccess vs Miami have me scared. I don't expect a lot of scoring here, and Killa has the under so it prob has a good shot of hitting.

I just can not expect this Miami team to come ready to play tonight. Emotionally these kids have to be drained imo..I look for BC to put themselves into position to goto the ACC championship needing only a Maryland win over Wake to go..

GL to all

Happy Thanksgiving to all...

Thusday Night Action

BC -4 ---- 2.2 Units
Under 38 --- 1 Units

This game is tricky. Everything statistically tells me BC, but road troubles and unsuccess vs Miami have me scared. I don't expect a lot of scoring here, and Killa has the under so it prob has a good shot of hitting.

I just can not expect this Miami team to come ready to play tonight. Emotionally these kids have to be drained imo..I look for BC to put themselves into position to goto the ACC championship needing only a Maryland win over Wake to go..

GL to all

1-1 --- (-1.4 Units)

Knew I was in some trouble here and I am just thankful I wasn't all over this game. Statisitically the stars aligned, real life they weren't close. Hats off to UM, You shut my ass up...

UM DOMINATED BC for the whole game.

Again Killa saves my ass

Friday Action

Arky/LSU Under 44 --- 1.5 Units

I don't expect this to be a high scoring game. Arky greatest strength is LSU best defense so it will be a good game but I don't expect the scoring to get out of hand here..

As far as Saturday goes...

I might be all in on this NMST game.. In my mind, I see no friggen way that Utah St can keep up here..The weather for the game tomorrow is clear around 41 degrees. If NMST gets 300+ passing, they win this game by more than 7 imo..

Adding:

SJSU -7 ---5 Units I see me and the DR. are finally on the same side here. Idaho is done for the yr and they will sleepwalk through this game. SJSU needs to regroup and this is just the game for it..

Plays already locked in..

NMST -6.5 --- 5 Units
Hawaii -17 --- 5 Units

I am still trying to decide on the other two plays for tomorrow and throwing additional units on NMST...

GL to all!

Adding one more action play than off to the bar to root for no points in the Arky/LSU game..

1ST Half bets have been beating my ass lately but I think I got one here..

Tulsa -9.5 --- 1.5 Units - Tulsa comes home off a 3 game losing skid, 2 road games and now they are home where they can regroup. Last week Tulsa led 24-7 at half over SMU only to let that game slip away.. I think the Tulsa coach is too good and will have these boys focused. TULANE QB 5 INTs in the last 3 games. TULANE's last home game of the season was a 1 point win over C FLORIDA. They are perfectly set up for a let down this week in TULSA's last home game of the season. TULANE's last away game was a big loss to MARSHALL.

Adding one more action play than off to the bar to root for no points in the Arky/LSU game..

1ST Half bets have been beating my ass lately but I think I got one here..

Tulsa -9.5 --- 1.5 Units -

Winner here, net loss so far today is (-.15) Units

AF last night :hairout:

anyway...Final Card

NMST -6.5 --- 7.5 Units ***POW
SJSU -7 ---- 5 Units
Boise St ML (-130) 650 to win 500
Hawaii -17 --- 5 Units

Might get to middle that Hawaii game. By gametime that line could be Hawaii -21+

I did lay off the Clemson/S. Carolina game, don't know if it is garnet blinders but I think gamecocks can win SU.. I will however just enjoy this game and not play it..

GL to all...

Adding

SMU PK over Rice --- 2.5 Units - Clement is out, line opened at Rice -4.5 and since has dropped all the way to SMU-1 at some place or even more..
Clement has been good for Rice, this game was going to be a shootout now I have to side with SMU

Sorry i didnt respond to u bro.. im not sure if u saw one of my last posts.. But i liked the cocks su and ats.. g luck

abcs said:
Sorry i didnt respond to u bro.. im not sure if u saw one of my last posts.. But i liked the cocks su and ats.. g luck

:bow:Spurrier

AF last night :hairout:

anyway...Final Card

NMST -6.5 --- 7.5 Units ***POW:wacka wacka:
SJSU -7 ---- 5 Units:wacka wacka:
Boise St ML (-130) 650 to win 500:wacka wacka:

Hawaii -17 --- 5 Units (Hedged out of this one. Was at the bar all day watching games but I took Purdue +20.5 for 5 Units. I ended up losing .5 Units which I don't mind..

Might get to middle that Hawaii game. By gametime that line could be Hawaii -21+

I did lay off the Clemson/S. Carolina game, don't know if it is garnet blinders but I think gamecocks can win SU.. I will however just enjoy this game and not play it..

GL to all...

First, Its a good day to be a Gamecock fan. SC over came a lot of big plays(80 yard run, 70 yard pass, 95 yard pick 6) and stupid mistakes to beat Clemson. When you are a Dlineman and you get the chance to score, DON'T SLOW DOWN! More importantly these last few weeks, while they have been tough, have been great for this gamecock team. I mentioned this last week, this is a very young team. Lose 2 O-Linemen, Syvelle Newton, and Fred Bennet. Everyone else returns and has played significantly. Rice will be back as well.

Second, I'm pissed I didn't bet them. Two weeks in a row now I haven't had the balls to pull the trigger. Its a lot harder to bet on your team imo. After I brokedown the game I checked those stupid CFN.com predictions along with the Harmon forecast and not one guy had the Gamecocks covering so I figured maybe I was blinded by garnet.. Have to trust my feelings and not some website...

Overall, this was a good week. 4-1 on P.O.W and for the most part I stuck to the games I had initial leans to. I dug myself a little hole before the weekend (-5.4 Units) betting just to bet football and I would like to limit that as well..

Not many games for week 14 but I see some matchups I like..

Tuesday Night Under ( -2.2 U)
BC -4 (-2.4 U)
BC Under (+1 U)
Arky/LSU Under (-1.65 U)
Tulsa 1st Half (+1.5 U)
Air Force (-1.65 U)
NMST (+7.5 U)
Boise (+5 U)
SJSU (+5 U)
SMU (-2.75 U)
Hawaii/Purdue Hedge (-.5 U)

Total: 5-6-1 + 8.85 Units, 3-0-1 on 5 Units plays for the week.. 4-1 P.O.W on the yr

Back