Week 13 ML Dogs

Boise@Utah State: my normal comparisons in the pic but I added double revenge factor. Nice 4-3 SU record including a 14pt home dog winner. But I also found that Utah State has the 2nd largest gap of any dog playing this weekend. Largest gap belongs to Rice. Utah State certainly worth some consideration.

QB mystery abounds in this one. Boise better suited to go with a 2nd or 3rd string QB if needed. Jordan Love didn't finish last week and Anderson isn't talking about it. I have to believe he goes in this game, but I think the bump in the line is due to the potential he doesn't or is limited in some way.

QB mystery abounds in this one. Boise better suited to go with a 2nd or 3rd string QB if needed. Jordan Love didn't finish last week and Anderson isn't talking about it. I have to believe he goes in this game, but I think the bump in the line is due to the potential he doesn't or is limited in some way.

Think I’d be into Utah st if love was good to go but no interest without him so gonna wait and see if we can find out. Utah st showed me something I think some expected lot of the year last week. I still got cover with wyo but felt kinda fortunate, also at same time felt little annoyed they didn’t get the outright after love left and they had plenty of chances.

I like CSU 1st half for Friday., not that I don’t like Game but worry wyo wears them down in the 4th. I think CSU can have success thru the air, long as they can avoid turnovers don’t expect cowboys to run away from them w their limited offense.,

Tulane
Beavers
Pitt
Texas
Temple

Feel like the ones im closest on right now.

Just don’t like Baylor nearly as much laying points and they looked really worn down at end of last week now they gotta face the other big12 monster that sports way more 4star depth all over than bears can match for 4 qrtrs.

Beavers been discussed plenty, I love their chances about as much as any dd dog., that line seems crazy to me.

Not sure temple pulls outright but man 10.5 in that game? Feels like a 17-13 type of game so certainly think they have a shot.

Tulane been tough at home and ucf has struggled on road vs similarly ranked teams. Both off losses but feel like ucf loss much more demoralizing to their season.

Could be wet at Vatech and hokies resurgence been directly tied to having success w the run game, I’m not sure they can run on this panthers front 7. Pitt may need to get more scoring chances cause hokies very strong both sides in red zone.

PAC12 writer's story appearing in the Denver Post's, taken from The Mercury News - potential ASU upseting Oregon:

Style of play: Herm Edwards manages the game like he’s in the NFL. His approach is a bit more conservative with regard to play-calling on third down (live to play the next series), to possession counts and to field position. That’s one reason the Sun Devils are +15 in turnover margin under his watch.

Edwards’ goals — shorten the game but enhance ASU’s chances for victory — might seem incongruous, but they’re aligned.

He wants a fourth-quarter game, where one big play or bad blunder frames the outcome.

And no team in the conference has more experience in close games … no team does a better job remaining patient … than ASU.

Matchups: Oregon’s offensive front has a significant advantage on the line of scrimmage, but ASU’s linebackers and defensive backs are athletic, active and opportunistic.

They fill running lanes and tackle in space and will challenge Oregon to stick with its running game despite early struggles.

Lure the Ducks into a one-dimensional approach, with a heavy reliance on Justin Herbert, and ASU’s job becomes vastly easier.

Flip the matchup, and the Sun Devils possess the playmakers to stress an Oregon defense that allowed more than 30 points to each Washington school.

In fact, they have a better one-two playmaking punch, in tailback Eno Benjamin and receiver/returner Brandon Aiyuk, than does Oregon.

Aiyuk has emerged as one of the best big-play threats in the conference — a mini-version of N’Keal Harry — and Benjamin is more than capable of producing both tough yards and big gains.

Then add to the mix freshman quarterback Jayden Daniels, who has won games with his arm and his legs.

Daniels has been overwhelmed only once, at Utah — in an environment, and against a defense, that he won’t face again — and he should be completely at ease Saturday under the spotlight.

Finally, the timing: The Ducks are vulnerable, not so much in personnel as mentality.

They’re cruising through the conference, they’re in the playoff chase, and they’re a huge favorite against an unranked team that has dropped four in a row and just lost to Oregon State.

If anything can undermine the Ducks’ sense of urgency — their level of healthy fear — it’s facing a team that just lost to the Beavers.

But that’s not all.

The Ducks beat Washington State with 100 yards in penalties.

They walloped USC with 157 yards in penalties.

They are No. 74 in the country in penalties per game and No. 119 in the penalty yards per game.

When you’re sloppy and you win, there’s no desperation to self-correct … until it’s too late.

The Huskies and Cougars pushed Oregon to the brink.

The Trojans stumbled all over themselves.

Arizona simply isn’t good enough.

But the Sun Devils won’t beat themselves, they have the playmakers to keep pace, and they will push everything into a final, whirling five minutes, when management and mistakes tip the balance and Oregon’s dreams die, once again, in the desert.

I'm having a problem that there are too many potentials I can envision this week. Most have some significant drawbacks and it's hard to drum up a creditable case. I could see Arizona St, BC, Cal, Charlotte, Duke, Kent St, LaTech, Rice, Ore St, Pitt, SDSt, Texas, TexasA&M, Troy, UCLA, Utah St (with Love), UTEP and WVU all winning. Not sure how I am going to sort that out for tomorrow. We shall see.

I'm having a problem that there are too many potentials I can envision this week. Most have some significant drawbacks and it's hard to drum up a creditable case. I could see Arizona St, BC, Cal, Charlotte, Duke, Kent St, LaTech, Rice, Ore St, Pitt, SDSt, Texas, TexasA&M, Troy, UCLA, Utah St (with Love), UTEP and WVU all winning. Not sure how I am going to sort that out for tomorrow. We shall see.
Well being I’m laying points with the favs in close to half of those I’d say 35-45% pull it off with the ceiling being +60%. Nice collection you have assembled.

I actually used BC in contest but not sure I bet the ml (maybe 10 bucks) absolutely gonna be on BC with the points.

Like lot of those too. Anyone know bout love yet?

Memphis @ South Florida: I think my "longhsot" for today with be the Bulls. This line is very fishy. My normal comparisons are in pic 1 below....previous season records, current season records, and previous week's results and the SU record is 3-8. However, the 3 wins were all the lower lined dogs. This game's line splits right between the winners and losers. You also have a 20pt dog losing by only a point. USF took Cincy down to the wire last weekend as a DD dog. Lastly, one might wonder what the motivation is for the Tigers today after reports are being thrown around that their coach is shopping for another job........

usf-mem.jpg

Utah st is incredibly popular in the big contest across the street. As are Vols, Illini, and smu. Those look to be the most lopsided towards the dog as of now.

Havnt really tracked it this year but usually try to avoid lopsided picks especially when they on dog.

looking at

Vols
Pitt
Duke
SMU
Texas
WKU
ODU

one of the Arizona teams... Zona or Ari St?
could they be spoilers?

State makes way more sense, so maybe Arizona! Lol. I thought one of them would blow it week they faced usc and udub. Since then I’ve kinds felt resigned to utes/ducks being on mission for one to get a playoff spot, could happen in desert tho.

Interesting between all the ones we like we don’t match up on any! Good to have variety in thread tho.

Are you not concerned with the latech suspensions?
Oh f*ck. What suspensions?? LOL...chalk that one up as a loss.

FWIW....Rice (Lawdy please hepp me) is my favorite dog for the day....they have the largest gap in SOS going for any dog today....they've played better teams than N. Tex. close at home.

BOL @2daBank !

Just throwing this out there.....is Rutgers worth a flyer on that +1150?? They played MSU to a 3pt loss last year so the Rutgers players might think they have a snowball's chance in hell. MSU needs this game for bowl eligibility so that's a concern but losing to their arch-rival last week the way they did, then having to go on the road to face a team that should do nothing to motivate them to play....I'm just saying....there could be a letdown in New Jersey today. Trouble is, a loss to Rutgers by Sparty would just be ugly ugly ugly for that program so they may have just enough pride to get out of there with a win.....but that +1150!!!

Oh f*ck. What suspensions?? LOL...chalk that one up as a loss.

FWIW....Rice (Lawdy please hepp me) is my favorite dog for the day....they have the largest gap in SOS going for any dog today....they've played better teams than N. Tex. close at home.

BOL @2daBank !

I don’t know much about it but I know the qb, top wr, and a lb were out last week for the Marshall game, line took off and they got whipped I believe. Pretty sure i read that at least the qb and wr still out this week.

Just throwing this out there.....is Rutgers worth a flyer on that +1150?? They played MSU to a 3pt loss last year so the Rutgers players might think they have a snowball's chance in hell. MSU needs this game for bowl eligibility so that's a concern but losing to their arch-rival last week the way they did, then having to go on the road to face a team that should do nothing to motivate them to play....I'm just saying....there could be a letdown in New Jersey today. Trouble is, a loss to Rutgers by Sparty would just be ugly ugly ugly for that program so they may have just enough pride to get out of there with a win.....but that +1150!!!

It certainly wouldn’t shock me.

Two teams needed wins to keep pace for bowl eligibility already this week that lost (NCSt and CSU). That shouldn't be a determining factor.

I don't think we will get any Love news until KO. Maybe check the twitter account of local new sources.

LaTech suspensions came out last week, Starting QB and best WR are out 1 more game. The QB that got hurt vs Marshall is ok for this week. LT D should be able to handle the UAB O, Johnson is back for UAB this week I believe and he does make the Blazer O better.

I would love to see a Rutgers straight up win.

Yeah, 2dabank, the more I have thought about it, the more I see the potential for BC to win this game. Addazio's great record after bye weeks even when dogged big is very appealing. No big upsets, but have come close. Think we get a good one in South Bend $10 chance on the ML offers great return!

I have seen many people picking SMU as well. Their O vs Navy's D is hard to ignore. Navy's track record for final home games is really amazing. I like SMU a little, but seems like a game where Navy gets up by 14-20 points somehow and then SMU tries to make a comeback, which is what happened last time these teams played in Annapolis. Navy got up big on Tulane earlier this year. Maybe SMU's bye week helps them, they do have more veteran unit on D this year with the transfers. Tough game.

I'm sure I am going to regret this, but when you can't decide...just play 'em all! Second to last week of the year - Let's roll!

Boston College 10 to win 99
Texas A&M 20 to win 76
UCLA 20 to win 82
Charlotte 20 to win 43
Rice 20 to win 40
LaTech 20 to win 38
Duke 20 to win 40
Arizona State 50 to win 192
Oregon State 50 to win 151
Utah State 20 to win 54

I forgot UTEP! 20 to win 46

Last edited:
Anyone looking at Temple? Lots of recent success against Cincinnati. Bearcats have played a pretty soft schedule and do not score a lot of points. An outright win would not surprise me and the points sure look good.

Anyone looking at Temple? Lots of recent success against Cincinnati. Bearcats have played a pretty soft schedule and do not score a lot of points. An outright win would not surprise me and the points sure look good.

I agree. I jumped on under early in week. I think points be tough to come by for both. Feel like 20 points will win this game so not that far fetched owls pull it out, certainly look like a cover to me. I used them in contest.

I'm sure I am going to regret this, but when you can't decide...just play 'em all! Second to last week of the year - Let's roll!

Boston College 10 to win 99
Texas A&M 20 to win 76
UCLA 20 to win 82
Charlotte 20 to win 43
Rice 20 to win 40
LaTech 20 to win 38
Duke 20 to win 40
Arizona State 50 to win 192
Oregon State 50 to win 151
Utah State 20 to win 54

I forgot UTEP! 20 to win 46

This made money with 3 wins (+275) and 8 losses (-180), but overall is disappointing and I should've just went with the only two I could actually make a case for in this thread.

Oregon State was a really tough loss, I'm over it now, kinda.

I didn't see UTEP, but listened to some of the 4th on the radio. It was a 5 point game when Locksley threw a pick that NMSt turned into pts, then he fumbled which NMSt ret'd for a score. A couple games were close in the final margin (aTm and LaTech) but neither really ever threatened to win. Duke was a roller coaster ride for sure. 3 teams got straight blown out, never what you want.

Miami is the first team in 40 years to lose outright three times as more than a 2 TD favorite and they are lucky its not four since they pulled out an exciting 5 point win as more than a 30 point favorite against Central Michigan. Keep this in mind next season to fade Manny Diaz as a big favorite and take a little ML action each time.

Back