Week 13 ML Dogs (Turkey Week)

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, little late to the game but never to the party.

Thoughts this week?

Maryland, if we can get a read on their player availability, is of interest.

I don't UNC gets many stops vs ND, so no thanks there.

EMU?

Colorado could be a sneaky one.

Alright, little late to the game but never to the party.

Thoughts this week?

Maryland, if we can get a read on their player availability, is of interest.

I don't UNC gets many stops vs ND, so no thanks there.

EMU?

Colorado could be a sneaky one.

def lean buffs with the points. I’m just starting to look at card, just getting ovsr a nasty flu bug that had me down last few days.

I don't think West Virginia is getting enough love. Still getting 11 or so? Wow. Off a bye, Morgantown, night game, best defense in the conference, very good RB, very good coach, Doege is playing much better. I know OU, justifiably for the most part, is the current flavor in the Big 12. But West Virginia has everything it needs to make this a dicey trip for OU.

def lean buffs with the points. I’m just starting to look at card, just getting ovsr a nasty flu bug that had me down last few days.
You ok Bank? Got yourself checked? Hope all is well with you. How about Stanford Trees over 51? Line seems low.....whenever I see Standford u came to my mind....lol

Texas Tech looks very interesting.....

Middle Tennessee 2 weeks in a row.....

Concur on the Buffs.....

San Jose State?

Am I crazy to like Michigan State?

Other possibles 1st time thru:

FSU
Ball State
Rutgers
Cuse
USA

:popcorn:

I wish Nebraska was playing better ball. The line/odds are where they are because partially they are not and partially because of Iowa...But with Iowa, they've been impressive on the scoreboard, but not so much on the field the last two weeks. Bunch of short fields vs Penn State, they outgained PSU by less than 20 yards despite beating them by 20. They outgained Minnesota by less than 50 yards despite beating them by 28. The last really impressive game they had was when they blew the doors off Michigan State. Since then, Hawkeyes kinda ho-hum. This season has given me little to no confidence in Nebraska, but each game is it's own new game. A 5-7 and 4-8 Nebraska team with similar problems to this year's team only lost to Iowa by 3 both of the last two years.

That is probably the only candidate I can see myself considering on Friday.

sorry long work week , trying to get everything ready for the holidays!!!

Thanks for the thread start!

I can't believe they cancelled Okla/WV. WTF

Wasn't betting that game, but I'm pissed off at these cancellations. You've got 85 guys, plus walk-ons, plus plenty of guys good enough to walk on. Ever hear of the 12th man? This isn't the NFL. Get students out of the student body. Pretend you are a collge football program

I wish Nebraska was playing better ball. The line/odds are where they are because partially they are not and partially because of Iowa...But with Iowa, they've been impressive on the scoreboard, but not so much on the field the last two weeks. Bunch of short fields vs Penn State, they outgained PSU by less than 20 yards despite beating them by 20. They outgained Minnesota by less than 50 yards despite beating them by 28. The last really impressive game they had was when they blew the doors off Michigan State. Since then, Hawkeyes kinda ho-hum. This season has given me little to no confidence in Nebraska, but each game is it's own new game. A 5-7 and 4-8 Nebraska team with similar problems to this year's team only lost to Iowa by 3 both of the last two years.

That is probably the only candidate I can see myself considering on Friday.
I was sniffing around Neb, too. Iowa's OL is pretty good. Im not a big fan of Petras. Martinez has to start, McCaffrey is not a qb that can throw the ball. They have to be able to stop the run and they struggled against Ill in that facet. I doubt I could ML it, but lean Neb.

I was sniffing around Neb, too. Iowa's OL is pretty good. Im not a big fan of Petras. Martinez has to start, McCaffrey is not a qb that can throw the ball. They have to be able to stop the run and they struggled against Ill in that facet. I doubt I could ML it, but lean Neb.

Yeah, it's tough. Both QBs are cause for concern really...and Nebraska doesn't really do anything well and isn't trending in a positive way.

The best dogs to ML are the ones where you can find some positives on the team to play and some negatives on the opponent. I can spin some negatives on Iowa if I want, but finding any positives on the Nebraska side is almost make believe. Maybe some guys getting healthier on OL and RB? If they were to correct the things that are wrong, they can compete. It's a big if and lots of wrongs.

Not sure about outright but Oregon St., Vandy, BG, UTEP, UNT, Pitt, CU, SJSU, Navy & Troy all really interesting.

It sounds crazy, but actually I'm not sure it is completely crazy. Pitt is playing their best football of the season. I think the back-to-back emotional losses by VT caught up to them some last week so it might not have been all good Pitt, was some bad VT too.

What a rough and ugly October for Pitt. November has gone much better. Dominating FSU and VT isn't anything close to what it will take to compete vs Clemson and I assume the defenders who have missed games for Clemson this extra time off has helped them. Dabo in a bad mood no doubt (he's probably still talking about FSU today), might it serve as a distraction? Need Pickett to play game of his life and need Pitt DL to cause problems. Clemson's last 3 games have been decided by 13 points on average. Syracuse was pesky, BC challenged them and ND did what they did. Pitt beat them in 2016 (Clemson went on to win National Title). This Pitt O is in a substantially better position than they were in the 2018 ACC Champ game where they were totally noncompetitive. Think they can compete this time around.

You ok Bank? Got yourself checked? Hope all is well with you. How about Stanford Trees over 51? Line seems low.....whenever I see Standford u came to my mind....lol

im good bro, I didn’t bother getting checked, there crazy ass lines for that crap and honestly wtf the difference what it was? I was pretty confident it was just a nasty stomach flu thing, my old lady had it 1st and everyone at her work got checked and came back negative so I just hunkered down by myself in the basement and road it out for few days till it passed. Woke up today feeling better, finally kept some food down and feel good as new. Thanks for asking tho.

far as trees total goes I havnt capped anything yet so just off top my head I’m assuming my concern is gonna be I just have no idea about this cal team. Their 1st 2 games have not really went the way I would have expected other than the offense being bad the 1st week, I was shocked beavers were able to run all over Cal the way Jefferson did. Has Cal defense really fell off this much or they just taking awhile to get it together cause the circumstance they been put in? It was def encouraging for over the way the cal offense looked last week and as you obviously know I think trees defense is pretty bad and like their O. It def over or nothing for me I just havnt dug in yet to know for sure if I’ll play it.

speaking of pac-12 totals you think the col/usc over is better or buffs with the points? Kinda feels like a game if dog covers it goes over.

It sounds crazy, but actually I'm not sure it is completely crazy. Pitt is playing their best football of the season. I think the back-to-back emotional losses by VT caught up to them some last week so it might not have been all good Pitt, was some bad VT too.

What a rough and ugly October for Pitt. November has gone much better. Dominating FSU and VT isn't anything close to what it will take to compete vs Clemson and I assume the defenders who have missed games for Clemson this extra time off has helped them. Dabo in a bad mood no doubt (he's probably still talking about FSU today), might it serve as a distraction? Need Pickett to play game of his life and need Pitt DL to cause problems. Clemson's last 3 games have been decided by 13 points on average. Syracuse was pesky, BC challenged them and ND did what they did. Pitt beat them in 2016 (Clemson went on to win National Title). This Pitt O is in a substantially better position than they were in the 2018 ACC Champ game where they were totally noncompetitive. Think they can compete this time around.

the Pitt turn around pretty simple, they were awful once Pickett got hurt. That offense revolves completely around him. I’m not sure id have the stones to be against Clemson getting healthy off a loss and extra week tho.

If you like Pitt I think I would take a serious look at the under as well. Their front 7 is gonna have to cause Clemson O problems to have a shot imo. I’m just not sure how that Pitt offense will fair being so easy to make one dimensional.

Last edited:
I just realized sooners/wvu game cancelled, that freaking blows, I been waiting for this one to play wvu.

If you like Pitt I think I would take a serious look at the under as well. Their front 7 is gonna have to cause Clemson O problems to have a shot imo. I’m just not sure how that Pitt offense will fair being so easy to make one dimensional.
Good to hear you feeling better bro...
I loved overs.....u got me onto the Pitt over train.....
Pitt 6 straight overs
Clemson 4 straight overs

liking the over here......Dabo pissed with Flst.....he and Trevor might run up score....Pickett playing helps the over....can’t back Clemson with their D and 2 weeks off......

Possible plays so far....cooled off on Texas Tech as Mike Gundy has good numbers in double-revenge spots.

North Carolina +184
Middle Tennessee State +211
Troy 1st Half +327 & FG +431
Kentucky 1st Qtr ?, 1st Half +633, and FG +996
San Jose St 1st Qtr ? & 1st Half +256
Rutgers 1st Qtr ? & 1st Half +281
Maryland 1st Qtr ? & 1st Half +256

Possible plays so far....cooled off on Texas Tech as Mike Gundy has good numbers in double-revenge spots.

North Carolina +184
Troy 1st Half +327 & FG +431
Kentucky 1st Qtr ?, 1st Half +633, and FG +996
San Jose St 1st Qtr ? & 1st Half +256
Rutgers 1st Qtr ? & 1st Half +281
Maryland 1st Qtr ? & 1st Half +256

Adding a few more possible plays:

USA
UTEP
Navy

@number2 what are you seeing in Texas State?

Honestly.......I just go with my gut feeling. I don’t play these with real money. Texas st QB McBride n team seems to not quit . They little pesky team.

Kent St......gotta take the dog when it’s 2 top teams from the Mac.....anything can happen with Mac football.......

I’m gonna throw in some beer money on my 4 dog plays and do some RR for fun......

I thought I had big lead, but SK surpassed me last week ......gotta get some big dog wins to catch up to him.......

im still waiting to see you hit one of those Lotto RR.......especially the Baseball ones.....Gl

Honestly.......I just go with my gut feeling. I don’t play these with real money. Texas st QB McBride n team seems to not quit . They little pesky team.

Kent St......gotta take the dog when it’s 2 top teams from the Mac.....anything can happen with Mac football.......

I’m gonna throw in some beer money on my 4 dog plays and do some RR for fun......

I thought I had big lead, but SK surpassed me last week ......gotta get some big dog wins to catch up to him.......

im still waiting to see you hit one of those Lotto RR.......especially the Baseball ones.....Gl

kent st on my list of ones I’m considering as well, they have a nice win streak going back to last year and that crazy game where they beat Buffalo with some Mac craziness!

Texas State has been pretty decent in a lot of games, they are just the kind of team that gives you wild emotional swings if you actually watch the games. They have very good receivers and punt/kick return potential with said receivers. The running game should be better than it usually is actually, pretty hit and miss. McBride will absolutely drive you crazy. They benched him then Vitt got hurt he had to come back. Since he has reentered the lineup he is playing within the system better. Prior to his benching he was totally reckless, since then only occasional reckless. The OL isn't good and the defense is worse. They are 2-9 and I'd say they have only played a couple bad games this year (6-4-1 ATS). This is their 12th and final game. Somebody on the radio said a while back "nobody is playing 12 games this year". If they get to kickoff tomorrow, Bobcats will. Problem this week is Coastal is coming to town and they have been pretty outstanding all year. Just wonder if they might start being a little vulnerable?

Texas State has been pretty decent in a lot of games, they are just the kind of team that gives you wild emotional swings if you actually watch the games. They have very good receivers and punt/kick return potential with said receivers. The running game should be better than it usually is actually, pretty hit and miss. McBride will absolutely drive you crazy. They benched him then Vitt got hurt he had to come back. Since he has reentered the lineup he is playing within the system better. Prior to his benching he was totally reckless, since then only occasional reckless. The OL isn't good and the defense is worse. They are 2-9 and I'd say they have only played a couple bad games this year (6-4-1 ATS). This is their 12th and final game. Somebody on the radio said a while back "nobody is playing 12 games this year". If they get to kickoff tomorrow, Bobcats will. Problem this week is Coastal is coming to town and they have been pretty outstanding all year. Just wonder if they might start being a little vulnerable?

I can’t wait for coastal vs liberty!

I heard somebody say once that Liberty and Coastal Carolina is a rivalry? If so helps Texas State. Coastal in a App St / Rivalry game sandwich traveling to face a 2-9 team.

I have not a clue on if/who liberty rivals would be? Lol. you certainly on to something if that true. Hell even if they not ya gotta believe they peaking ahead anyways, if I been peeping that game for a month (really hoping both had stayed unbeaten!) gotta think at this point those kids know what on tap and last game was certainly emotionally draining as it was for me having a coastal bet! Lol. Looks like strong chance they be playing in rain this week, not sure who that would benefit?

It might have been in an interview with Hugh Freeze, they referenced the Coastal rivalry.

The Golden Flashes are forever in my mind as a team that fucked me over and over

don’t you just love that!! I got a handful of teams I can’t figure out for the life of me and they always find new and redic ways to beat me regardless if I’m on or against!

don’t you just love that!! I got a handful of teams I can’t figure out for the life of me and they always find new and redic ways to beat me regardless if I’m on or against!
I distinctly remember in the old days a poster here had to update me on a game.
Wasn’t televised and ESPN wouldn’t load play by play.

They were playing the Mud Hens of Toledo and I think I had like a band on the game.

talk about brutal.

ahhhhhh the good old days

Played this one....3, 4, 5, & 6-teamer RRs:

North Carolina +166
Troy +428
South Alabama +221
UTEP +367
Navy +402
Risking $22.68 (42 parlays at $0.54) To Win $7,167.08

BOLTA!

Played this one....3, 4, 5, & 6-teamer RRs:

North Carolina +166
Troy +428
South Alabama +221
UTEP +367
Navy +402
Risking $22.68 (42 parlays at $0.54) To Win $7,167.08

BOLTA!

Mtsu a interesting one, almost shocking I been playing on them more and more considering they looked like one the worst teams in ncaa 1st few weeks!

Mtsu a interesting one, almost shocking I been playing on them more and more considering they looked like one the worst teams in ncaa 1st few weeks!
They’re not the most talented bunch but I think their coach is getting the most out of his players. I think they’re a solid home dog in this spot....but, then again, I liked EMU, Kansas State and New Mexico last week!

:embarassed:

They’re not the most talented bunch but I think their coach is getting the most out of his players. I think they’re a solid home dog in this spot....but, then again, I liked EMU, Kansas State and New Mexico last week!

:embarassed:

I think you correct, I just havnt got to much of Saturday’s games yet. I hit with mtsu last week as dd dogs so they in my good graces, lol. Of course in our little contest I replaced them with k-st, not one my better decisions! Lol

Am I the only one considering ECU over SMU?
Not impossible but I think SMU’s offense will be just too much for ECU to handle. Sonny Dykes is 0-4 ATS as an away fav when his team has more rest than their opponent.....fwiw.

Damnit! The very first game that popped out at me this week was Oregon State for no other reason than the "Friday Night Home Conference Dog" angle. The rivalry game angle only made it better but the more I dug into it the more I talked myself out of it. I am soo freaking cold right now.....ice cold!

SnowMiser.jpg

Took totally different approach with these. Is it too early to have a beer?

#2 - 2, 3, & 4-teamer RR:
South Alabama +231
Mississippi State +276
Maryland +281 for 1st Half
San Jose State +291 for 1st Half
Risking $22.00 (11 parlays at $2.00) To Win $915.45

#3 - 3, 4, & 5-teamer RR:
Pittsburgh U +1141
South Alabama +231
Mississippi State +276
Maryland +281 for 1st Half
San Jose State +291 for 1st Half