Week 13 lookahead lines/thoughts

I think I'm feeling the over in Miami. Gase's home games tend to go over against a good pass defense - like about 90% of the time when the opposing pass defense allow 242 or fewer per game, plus about 3 of every 4 of Gase's home games have gone over the total anyway. And I think I like the points with the Bills. Sean McDermott won both of the games against Gase in his first season last year and is going for the first three-game win streak in his career.

The Bills need to find the end zone first in this game. McDermott 9-0 career when they score the first TD, and only 1-12 when the opponent gets out to a 6-0 lead or better. I think that's going to be a super quick indicator of how the game turns out. I really think Bills have to score first and shut out the Fish in the 1st quarter.

Also, not only is McDermott going for his first three-game win streak, one Rochester reporter thinks that the goal line stand following last week's brawl with Jacksonville might "stand as a highlight of the season" and "serve as the turning point that McDermott’s young squad came together as a team." McDermott later said there’s no room for fighting in the game, but admitted he loved the way his team responded.

And speaking of brawls, the last time these two teams faced each other last December a brawl broke out with helmet-chucking and everything. Miami is 2-6 in their last eight games, but the Bills are on a streak and might be starting to gel as a team. I'm taking the Bills, plus I think they own the brawling advantage as well. If I can find an over ½ brawls prop I'm buying that one too.

great thoughts man

McDermott is a top level coach

Not saying it’ll make the one of the best D’s but Jones is back this week for ATL and is the most important piece for that squad.

I didnt know that. I agree, he is a beast. He probably will make a difference, I kind of think this team and its coach/coordinators are toast

Their clunker came two weeks ago vs Chicago. Weather is kind of shitty up here now, not sure about game time. I could see Vikes having success passing on Pats.
Saw a stat this morning. Vikes have won ONE road game in 5 years under Zimmer against a team with a winning record. Yikes.

^^^ Thats scary. I heard they cover at a 65% rate all time under Z. Threw them in a big tease, NFW they dont cover +18...

I do not like Minny’s chances to win the game at all.....Road/National TV Kirk gives me no confidence

Redskins had a few extra days of practice with 10 days of rest after the Thursday game, but dogs catching more than 4 points in that situation have not done well historically, and the 'Skins have a legendary reputation for sucking in prime time, particularly on Monday Night.

Steelers played 11 prime time games at Heinz Field the last five seasons (kicking off after 8pm EST). They went 8-3. In the three losses they failed to score more than 20 points. But in the eight wins they scored at least 30 per game and all eight wins went over the total.

great thoughts man

McDermott is a top level coach

He is nowhere near a top level coach. He’s great with the sound bytes and the coach speak, and a good motivator as well...but he’s a horrible game day coach. Has no clue about how to manage the clock, horrible in challenges, and pretty awful at when to punt/go for it, etc.

Trust the process...that’s his famous slogan. The process isn’t working, and if they didn’t luck box their way into the playoffs last year, the Bills would be looking at 20 years w/o the playoffs next season. He’s going to be on the hot seat next year without question.

He is nowhere near a top level coach. He’s great with the sound bytes and the coach speak, and a good motivator as well...but he’s a horrible game day coach. Has no clue about how to manage the clock, horrible in challenges, and pretty awful at when to punt/go for it, etc.

Trust the process...that’s his famous slogan. The process isn’t working, and if they didn’t luck box their way into the playoffs last year, the Bills would be looking at 20 years w/o the playoffs next season. He’s going to be on the hot seat next year without question.

Easily one of the top 10 head coaches.

Easily one of the top 10 head coaches.

He is nowhere near the top 10. Please stop...I'm laughing way too hard.

The NFL is full of pretty horrible game day coaches too....and he's still nowhere near the top 10.

It's a fun discussion to have, NFL coaches and how many of them are actually really good on game days. I'm just curious if you're talking about how people are overall, as coaches, or on game day. Because, like I said McDermott certainly seems to be good at some aspects of being a head coach...but so is Mike Tomlin, and he's an idiot on the sidelines on Sundays. Maybe we're talking about 2 different things.

When you stop laughing, name me 10 better so I can laugh in your face.

In no order, that would be fun to do though...

Belichick
Payton
McVay
Pederson
Nagy
Lynn
Harbaugh
Reid
Jay Gruden
Carroll
Tomlin
Reich
Shanahan
Zimmer
Quinn

There are also many, many lists out there that are compiled each year, and a few places that probably track in game coaching decisions, etc. On none of them is McDermott anywhere near the top 10...and you're acting as if I'm the one with the outlandish opinion, that's what is confusing.

The rest of the coaches are just the same guy to me. The same idiot who will punt on 4th down when it doesn't make any sense to, who will continually call the wrong, conservative play, who will do "what coaches do" as you'll hear the announcers say every game you watch.

A couple/few of these guys I've listed may even be in "the rest" group of coaches, but McDermott is without doubt in THAT group of coaches. The group that is made up of great coordinators that shouldn't be head coaches.

Ok dude. I know now to ignore your comments going forward. GL

Tomlin, Quinn, Lynn, Gruden

How much money have you lost this year gambling?

Ok dude. I know now to ignore your comments going forward. GL

Tomlin, Quinn, Lynn, Gruden

How much money have you lost this year gambling?

First, you asked me to name 10...I named 15 so take them out.

Second, I amended my comment to make sure it was known that a few of my list of 15 were probably in the "rest of them" group.

It's also quite subjective...obviously. I agree Tomlin is a horrible game day coach...he's still better than McDermott. That's sad.

This all started cuz you said he is basically retarded. Good debate. I gotta run.

No, I said he was a horrible head coach on the field, on game days making decisions.

I offered the scope with which I was talking about head coaches, and asked you what yours was. You didn't answer and then only picked 4 out of 15 you disagreed with. If you don't disagree with 11 of them, you agree McDermott isn't top 10. I win. Math says so.

This all started cuz you said he is basically retarded. Good debate. I gotta run.

Not to mention, find me one other person who's compiled a list of the best head coaches who agrees with your assessment. Every single one that I've seen thus far agrees he's nowhere near the top 10. Facts matter.

Yet you list him better than McDermott?

I agree with what you said about Tomlin. I am telling you that McDermott is the same as Tomlin. Tomlin has verified success in the league, even though he's what you said he is...which is why I listed him. The fact that I agree about Tomlin and still included him on the list tells you an awful lot about how bad I think McDermott is.

It's no wonder the Saints let down versus the Cowboys. They're facing division opponents in three of their next four games to finish the season. They're trying to avoid the sweep in Tampa this week, and by the time they get to Carolina next Monday night it will be their third consecutive road game in just as many weeks. There was no way they were going into Dallas and leave it all on the field. Look at that Steelers game, too. They'll be on short rest coming off the Monday night road tilt while looking ahead to the same division rival they just got done with the week before. Crazy little sandwich there.

Back