Week 13 HAMMERS!!!!!

HammersSpreads

Pretty much a regular
Took last week off as I was on probably my worst 3 week stretch in 3 years....if not ever. Last week got back into a little groove & really liked UNC last night.

Will update the record later if I have time. It's nothing to get excited about by any means.

SDSU (-5.5)
Rocky Long vs option teams is an insta-bet for me. Since Rocky has been at SDSU I believe they are now 8-1 or 9-1 both ATS & SU when playing option teams, with the only loss coming almost 4 years ago. Aztecs are better than their 5-5 record, and need wins to get get bowl eligible. Until they start losing to option teams, I have to keep betting Rocky Long's Defense against them.

UAB (+20)
A game I circled in Week 3 when I realized UAB was better than I thought. Bill Clark is one of the better up & coming coaches & there are lots of angles going for the Blazers in this game. The news of people wanting to end UAB's football program could provide great motivation for a team to get a big win & to get to a bowl eligible record. Getting an extra week off to prepare for this game, & get people like QB Clements completely healthy. Last home game of the year for UAB. Marshall coming off a big revenge game against Rice. Lots of things to like about this game, but also lots of risk getting in front of a buzzsaw that has been the Marshall Thundering Herd this year. UAB does things offensively that could cause problems for Marshall, & Bill Clark is a defensive minded coach so that might be able to help slow down Marshall with that extra week off to prepare. Weather looks to be a little poopy too, so something to watch out for.

Western Michigan ML (+110)
Eh no reason not to bite on this.....WMU has been a covering machine, & they are playing incredibly well. Big rivalry game that I know has left a sour taste in WMU's QB Terrell's mouth from last year. Just a play on believe that WMU is the better all around team, & has been a covering machine...& this looks like great value in my eyes.

NorthWestern ML
Only scary thing here is that teams dont do good after covering/winning against Notre Dame. But I easily look past that b/c N'Western has no right to be coming out flat for this game....they have to win their last 2 games (against very beatable opponents) in order to get bowl eligible, so there's no room for a slip up here.

Ole Miss (-3)
Arky gets it's first SEC win in ages last week so could be flat here?? Or they couldn't be...I dunno. Regardless, Ole Miss has had 2 weeks to recover from a grueling stretch of games, & they still have a shot to get in the Playoff so they shouldn't be overlooking anything. But more importantly, I don't think Arky matches up very well w/ Ole Miss & their defense in this game. I do however, Like the match up next weekend for Arky, & plan to back the Razorbacks next week against Ole Miss to get bowl eligible there.

Tennessee (-3.5)
Fading Mizzou the last 2 weeks of the year. Tenn is playing probably top 15-20 football right now, & I fully expected to back them late in the year b/c I knew Butch Jones would get this team playing better. Tennessee gets bowl eligible here IMO, against a Mizzou team that finds ways to win usually even though they aren't very good.....I think it catches up to them.

Might add:
Virginia ----- Miami coming off an A+ effort game & Virginia off a bye, needing to win out to get bowl eligible.

Good luck Hammer, pretty much agree across the board. But I don't think that Ole Miss' defense necessarily matches up well with Ark offense. Ole Miss DL is a little light in the pants, and Ark is more of a north-south running team with a huge OL, not a lot of sideline to sideline pursuit. Outside of Nkemdiche, the DL are in the 230-260 range. I'll probably be on the under, so not against you.

BOL Hammer - great call on SDSU and wish I had remembered how well Long does against option teams, nice work there. Tenn, Miss on my card today and looking at WM.

Back