Staff member
Year record: 33-28....+10.3 units overall

Picks this week:

South Carolina +5 at -106 for 2 units

Arkansas PK at -103 for 3 units

Notre Dame +7.5 at -110 for 2 units
Notre Dame +10 at -118 for 1 unit

wvu 2nd half -11.5 at -106 for 2 units

will add more stuff later in the week with updated record.

Last edited:
Still looking at both games, but initial leans going other way. I want to see how lines move into the week. Arkie is a close call, but I think the Irish will have a tough go. At 7.5, it's a good line, but under 7 i'm prolly playing Troy.

thanks aztec, pags and smo1a....I can understand playing USC, I just think in a rivalry game 7.5 is a bit much.

adding: South Carolina +5 at -106 for 2 units.

I think South Carolina can win SU, Clemson has completely lost it after the ass whooping in Blacksburg in my opinion..just been playing soft and don't look to into it.

Sooner, because the offense is never out if it for ND, QUinn, although against shit competition, has been playing great..you can spread USC out and win..defenses all over the country are overrated this year IMO. This is a huge revenge spot for ND, they have not forgotten last year what USC did in that game and fat boy will have a good gameplan with their last 4 opponents having been not so great teams it seems they have had time to prepare for USC. Bottom line is this is a rivalry and 7.5 is too much, just like 7 was too much for UM and OSU. GL bro.

HUNTDOG said:
Sooner, because the offense is never out if it for ND, QUinn, although against shit competition, has been playing great..you can spread USC out and win..defenses all over the country are overrated this year IMO. This is a huge revenge spot for ND, they have not forgotten last year what USC did in that game and fat boy will have a good gameplan with their last 4 opponents having been not so great teams it seems they have had time to prepare for USC. Bottom line is this is a rivalry and 7.5 is too much, just like 7 was too much for UM and OSU. GL bro.

beer.gif

Actually went the other way with USC after really digging into the game (has nothing to do with me 'disliking' the domers).

Regardless, GL this week HUNT. :cheers:

lol bar...

thanks for the luck guys and I can see why your on USC, but ND will keep this a game IMO.

I really like Arkansas this week

Here is why-THey still have a lot to play for, a lot of people are saying well LSU wants a BCS bid, they need to win, arky has nothing to play for...are you kidding me? Arkansas can still go to the national championship game if they win out and if they lose to LSU that hurts their chances of going to a top tier BCS as well.

Arkansas has huge revenge from last year. If you remember Casey Dick was the qb last year against LSU and has not forgotten that game. Most of the same players who played that game are playing in this one as well so throw the Arkansas big game inexperience out the window.

LSU defense IMo has been exposed to the big play this year several times, and Arkansas is a big play team...IF you stop Mcfadden you still have to contend with Jones and with Dick's scrambling ability he will find Monk and others open.

THey are at home, LSU has struggled on the road this year, this team has a ton of talent but it doesn't necessarily translate to the field...Russel is a good QB and hard to bring down, but he will make some turnovers IMO.

Coaches are a wash, but Nutt likes to use about 2 or 3 trick plays in games like this...look out for that.

GL all.

I agree HUNT...Nutt has done nothing to impress me. He has a very good team this year. But as a HC...nothing to write home about.

A few excellent head coaches (in my opinion of course)...

Tressel
Rodriguez
Meyer
Carroll
Beamer
Brown
Schiano
Petrino
Stoops
Solich --> many people may argue this, but just look at what he's done with the Ohio Bobcats.
O'Brien

Just to name a few. These coaches have all displayed the ability to recruit, coach, and consistently produce very successful teams/seasons.

I like the list aztec..

I am a big Dantonio (sp) fan from Cincy.

I also love Leach's offense, but not d....and you'd have to throw Spurrier in there IMO.

rodriguez is garbage....hes run the same offense since i went to school there with avon coulburn and rasheed marshall and its very predictable. just so happens now he has 2 guys who you can tell the defense the play and dare them to stop it which nobody has since theyarrived in morgantown. his offense is good in theory and he gets players to play hard for him but his play calling is a joke. once 5+10=6 is gone so is he. if richrod was smart he would leave when those guys leave and salvage a huge pay day. who knows maybe he will get a good gig with a school that has a name and prestige so he can keep recruiting these athletic speed demons. just my 2 cents i've seen it live for 4 years hes lucky

Aztec4Life said:
A few excellent head coaches (in my opinion of course)...

Tressel
Rodriguez
Meyer
Carroll
Beamer
Brown
Schiano
Petrino
Stoops
Solich --> many people may argue this, but just look at what he's done with the Ohio Bobcats.
O'Brien

Just to name a few. These coaches have all displayed the ability to recruit, coach, and consistently produce very successful teams/seasons.

In Demi Moore voice, I strenuously object to those 3 picks! Mack Brown is an outstanding recruiter, but on gameday he and his OC have shown that they are very mediocre. Don't be fooled by the fact that he has won in the Little 12 the last few years; the competition has not been up to par and he is totally loaded in terms of talent. He will still get outcoached like crazy on the road or against a good team.

Again, Schiano is getting a lot of hype because of his one big win this year, but keep in mind the conference he's playing in and the lucky breaks that they got this year (Louisville deciding not to show up in the 2h, Navy's QB getting hurt at the beginning of the game, Grothe throwing those two horrible balls in the 2h in the USF game, etc). Look at years other than this one to see the amount of choking that Rutgers has done in games where they had even talent with the team they are playing against. Or that turd they laid last week. D'Antonio blew him out of the building in his gameplanning in that one. Looking forward to watching WVU push their shit in when they play, Schiano has gotten a little too much love this year.

O'Brien is probably the worst of the guys you have on that list. He's overly conservative and his teams have always been bad out on the road. His teams have always been frustrating to root for because they hate playing against teams that get up for them (see NCSU, BYU, and Wake) and they almost always kill themselves with dumb mistakes. I would not be surprised to see them lose tomorrow if Miami comes out and wants to play as this is a perfect script for a game that Obbie will not have them up for.

smo1a said:
Still looking at both games, but initial leans going other way. I want to see how lines move into the week. Arkie is a close call, but I think the Irish will have a tough go. At 7.5, it's a good line, but under 7 i'm prolly playing Troy.

After hearing the Fat Man on ESPN last night saying that for ND to have a remote chance at the title game that they would have to beat SC and beat them "soundly," I have switched to an Irish lean. BOL this weekend bro!

Frank...your right, Miles is awful. Maybe saying it is a wash is a little too strong..I see your point.

:shake:

Smo1a..the fat man might win this SU...ND has been hearing all season how they don't deserve this, don't deserve that..well this is their chance.

GL everythingthatsgreen, let's get South Carolina.

jgalt, good stuff on the coaches...love the debate fellas.

thanks vas and yanks.

tough loss on arky today, dick was just awful...I was upset by Nutt's playcalling, in particular the 4th and 3 in early 4th quarter I believe, they decide to throw, put the ball in your playmakers hands!

I added ND for 1 more unit at +10 for -118, this line is wacked because of Dr. Bob, thinking about adding maryland and UGA per BAR.

GL all.

You think the line is whack Hunt? I dont honestly. If you look at all the BIG games USC has played, especially in the collesium, then you would notice a trend. They have won every game by DD..
Nebraska, Arky, Cal, Oregon

Of course ND can cover and of course they could possibly win SU but im also not that suprised to see this size spread, especially since the grass at the collesium will be at its regular length.

Good luck though. I dont care either way as long as they win.. but i do like your south carolina play. Ill take Spurrier over Bowden every day, also think blake is playing a lot better than proctor, SC is due.

Just a side note.. USC although not 'as good' as last years team they were 13 point favorites on the road last year. I think this team has more talent from top to bottom.. so no i am not suprised by the line.

thanks 3x and champs....should be a good one abcs, I just like my chances in a rivalry with a good qb and good coach.

adding WVU 2nd half -11.5 for 2 units at -106

Back