Week 13 CFB Plays

Timh

CTG Psychiatrist - Dr. Tim
Sides and Totals 53-32-2, +28.28 units
ML 10-5, +7.93 units
Total +36.21 units

Boston College -3.5 -108 2.16/2 - Miami has been through an awful lot the last couple weeks with the death of Pata and all the distractions with Coker's future. I don't see them being motivated for this game coming off a short week and a disheartening loss at Virginia. The Canes can become bowl elgible with a win but I think it provides little motivation for them with the potential prize being either a trip to SF for the Emerald Bowl or even worse to Boise. Not to say their players don't have pride, but either one of these bowls doesn't offer a lot of inducement for them in my opinion. The Canes also have a lot of injuries on the OL, LB and at RB with James. BC has really shown a lot of balance on offense the last couple of weeks and have gotten their running game going nicely. Ryan manages the games well and is patient and willing to take the plays that are open (9 different receivers caught passes last week vs. MD). BC is highly motivated here with a chance to go to the ACC championship game so I expect them to come in very prepared.

Tim: This being 1st home game since death of Patta worries me, if these Miami kids have any heart at all they give there best effort tonight in his memory, that effort may not be good enough to beat a better BC team, but BC by no means world beaters, it is a pass for me but I wish you the best. GL Cash

Aztec and Cash thanks fellas. Cash you may be right, it's all in the read on the motivational angle. I agree BC are not world beaters but they do have quite a bit better offense in this matchup overall.

BC was just pathetic offensively in the second half. They could not handle that Miami front at all. Great effort defensively by Miami. If I had to lose one, I'm glad it was here as it opens the door up for the Terps tomorrow to get in the ACC championship game with a win over Wake.

No. Illinois -7 -110 2.2/2 - Wolfe appears to be healthier than in sometime after last weeks good performance against CM. This doesn't bode well for an EM defense that can't stop the run. NIll. should be motivated to improve their bowl positioning and Nicholson gives them more mobility at QB.

Good work on the two winners today, glad you were wrong about Cant State, hopefully the Mishitgan finish and the two wins late gives Testy Tech something to be happy about going into the off-season and they can come in with a legit shot to win the MAC West next year....

Thanks Rexy wish you had told me not to go against Doo-Dad State lol...

MD -1.5 -108 3.24/3 - Terps shit the bed last week at BC with a couple of ill advised option tosses that went awry at the beginning of the game and turned into a 14-0 donut right out of the chute. Of major concern was that Heyward-Bey didn't play the second half with an undisclosed injury which turned out to be a concussion though he did catch the last pass of the 1st half and didn't seem to take any kind of noticeable hit. Anyway, he is key to MD's downfield passing game and I think that he will play this week as he didn't look like anything was wrong with him sitting on the sideline in the 2nd half at BC. MD running game has not produced anything now for 4 straight weeks and doesn't figure to get going vs. Wake's good run stopping front. MD has a good OL and they have actually pass protected very well so I expect Ralph to go play action and try and throw a little more on the earlier downs this week. Wake like MD have been over achievers this year and really are a product of great coaching (I'm in the tank for Grobe) and are always difficult to defend because they do such a great job with misdirection and cut-back type running plays out of the veer offense. Skinner has been incredibly smart and efficient and done a great job at Qb despite limited experience. MD though has always played this team well winning the last 7 SU and ATS and are undefeated at home this season. BC opened the door last night with a horrendous performance in the 2nd half vs. Miami by their offense and MD will be poised to take advantage on their home turf. I think MD will make enough plays in the passing game downfield in this one to win what should be a very tightly contested game 20-14.

Thanks BAR, hope they get it done today.

UMass -19 -105 1.05/1
New Hamp -8.5 -105 1.05/1

TCU -9 -110 3.3/3 - Even though Sonny has been great with CSU in the role of the homedog I just don't think he has the players this year. Big advantage to TCU in the speed dept., plus CSU can't run and TCU has been very good vs. the run and CSU OL has given up 35 sacks this year. TCU ought to be able to get after Hanie today because CSU won't be able to run.

FSU +9 -106 2.12/2 - Florida has been winning but haven't really been that impressive offensively over the last month. FSU has a staunch run defense and a good DL that is capable of getting some pressure on Leak. This could be a look ahead spot for Florida with Ark. on deck in the SEC championship game. Home team is 13-5 ATS in L18 in this rivalry. I'd rather see Lee starting for FSU than Weatherford because of his mobility but hopefully Bowden won't be reluctant to change horses is necessary.

Back