Week 13 B1G

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Last week of the regular season...

Not a lot unusual last week....

Hopefully people can see in hindsight how nuts that Iowa win vs OSU was now...

I will go to my grave believing that Michigan wins that game or it goes to the wire without the weird-ass decision to insert a true frosh into the game after a timeout on 3rd and 13 when they had Wisky on the ropes. Next series, Peters gets driven into ground after he was starting to get comfortable and everything was simple for Wisconsin from there.

Team weather got a lead and played it safe up in East Lansing.

OSU came out and kept humming. They are full go right now on offense other than middle of 2q and on at Kinnick.

Nebraska has quit, but we knew that. I was shocked they led late in the first quarter.

Not a lot of time for me this week...work and family week...but I'll get some thoughts in when I can...for now I'll go through Hunt style my one line thoughts for this weeks games...

Iowa sucks but Nebraska has quit. Lay the points, and you might have to sweat a bit but 28-17

Indiana and Purdue both playing for that 6th win. Take the points in a tight one 19-17.

Wisconsin should do their usual and stroll right along against a bad Minny offense...maybe Minny tt under...but Wisky win 31-7.

Penn State and Maryland...nothing much to see here...34-13...right around spread...

Northwestern is doing their thing and sneaking into January 1st with a nice little record...Illinois is the garbage that won't even burn in a dumpster fire....Cats win 27-7

Michigan State and Rutgers renew their rivalry to take home The Situation Trophy. Nice comeback season for Sparty and they finish it off before the Outback Bowl with a 31-13 win...I might lay the 14 this week...thinking they want Lewerke to get confident again after his game at OSU and snow game of 2/14 passing last week...

The Game in AA shouldn't be too much. Michigan defense will wear down. Once they know they cannot win they will give up some chunk plays for sure... Michigan without a healthy QB for OSU for the umpteenth time but it is what it is...Higdon banged up too...OSU 35-13 or so...

Back in a few days.

C6D1ACFF-858B-415A-A6BF-D3881BFDB618.png
Michigan State and Rutgers renew their rivalry to take home The Situation Trophy. Nice comeback season for Sparty and they finish it off before the Outback Bowl with a 31-13 win...I might lay the 14 this week...thinking they want Lewerke to get confident again

Yes. Had no idea that it existed, but should have known since it is a Jersey Shore thing.
I am not sure why.... but....

Last year at a Sparty football game they had The Situation do the ceremonial coin toss... Yes, this is odd and not sure what prompted it from them. I believe it was the same day MJ was doing the toss down the road in AA so it kinda became extremely funny...

Here is the little troll posing with Mike...

6a0115709f071f970b0153917d294c970b.jpe

Getting a 2nd wind tonight...so couple more things...

Peters did improve quite a bit but is still in protocol still Wednesday or Thursday.

Honestly figured Speight would be cleared to go by now, kind of surprised.

Hunt is eagerly awaiting one more Speight appearance.

Lavert Hill has been cleared from protocol and is back this week.

So far, weather looks like 40 ish but windy with some early rain...time shall tell...

As long as Tosu is healthy on offense they can name the number. Michigan will be huffing and puffing by mid 2nd q. Half the stadium will be in scarlett. This rivalry just isn't a rivalry anymore minus last year. Really been extremely one sided. Tosu has extra juice with motivation to get in the CFP.

Hope Peters is a go. I don't care if WIlt has been in the film room prepping for Tosu for 8 weeks, can't correct those great mechanics.

As long as Tosu is healthy on offense they can name the number. Michigan will be huffing and puffing by mid 2nd q. Half the stadium will be in scarlett. This rivalry just isn't a rivalry anymore minus last year. Really been extremely one sided. Tosu has extra juice with motivation to get in the CFP.

Hope Peters is a go. I don't care if WIlt has been in the film room prepping for Tosu for 8 weeks, can't correct those great mechanics.

I got him to log in twice today looking for the thread:tiphat:

By the way...mise well get some anti-PSU stuff in the thread for our two PSU guys...

I will be very interested in where this team is ranked by the poll tomorrow night. They were 10th last week which is pretty interesting in itself...

Their body of work will have one impressive win...I mean that as far as against top-25 teams..and that is Northwestern.

Reactions: KJ
Yeah, and losing last week. The point is... PSU was getting lauded for a win against Iowa which doesn't look good now for example. They will be 1-2 vs ranked teams bas the season completes. Nothing to get excited about. They are definitely a few spots too high in the rankings right now when you look at body of work.

I agree that beating Iowa is nothing special and it's absurd that that is being used to speak in favor of Wiscy making the playoffs. Granted Iowa at home is so so different than Iowa on the road.

And, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter as far as PSU goes. They are an afterthought this season but that ranking will help them get into a better bowl game.

Now, and we'll see this talked about a lot the next few weeks....

It makes the OSU resume look stronger as it is looking more and more likely (imo) that they sneak into the playoffs.

God I am covering Purdue/Indiana. Seriously, how does one NOT like the 'under.' But I get fucked on every total so I play so i'm thinking it somehow goes 'over' lol.

Indy games only go over vs teams with good rush attack. Purdue 6 straight 'unders' what will change that?

Last edited:
I am with HUNT on confidence level this week and the fact this game is no longer a rivalry. Everything points up to next year, my hope is we are competitive. BAR you are right, had our chances against Wisky dick but most decent teams will because well thats Wisconsin, same team every year, solid AF but not spectacular. Will be interesting to see if they are competitive against OSU in indy. I remember PSU speed which isn't OSU speed getting to them in the 2nd quarter and on in the dome on the semi-carpet at Luke Oil ly. Wouldn't surprise me if it got Fugly for them because they don't come back from leads, haven't played anyone close that speed since PSU last year, and CUM can sense it now that his BS team gets into the Final 4 somehow some way yet afuckinggain, makes me sick. Next year is our year but then we have to go to the Shoe but still think its next year next year next year. Nothing to get excited about this years team except the future and Khaleke Hudson turning me on as a man.

By the way...mise well get some anti-PSU stuff in the thread for our two PSU guys...

I will be very interested in where this team is ranked by the poll tomorrow night. They were 10th last week which is pretty interesting in itself...

Their body of work will have one impressive win...I mean that as far as against top-25 teams..and that is Northwestern.

You hate PSU as does 98% of the board, I don't. So be it. They did beat NW 31-7 on the road, if Mike Valenti talks up Sparty losing to NW as a positive because NW are world beaters now and Sparty wants to get credit for that well I guess PSU should for beating them by 24 and looking awful doing it (I had NW in that game). NIGHT games in Kinnick always give me extra points even if it is a 6-6 type team overall. Outside of a few outliers Iowa is always a 6-8 win team who loses games they shouldn't and wins games they shouldn't. As you know at night we couldn't close deal there last year, basically same type team, what Wiscy and Iowa team isn't the same each year the last 20 years or so? And if PSU should get no credit for winning there at night WTF should happen to OSU for getting ass handed to them there in afternoon/night?

Fact of the matter is B1G is so piss poor with mid-level to bottom teams this year I don't know who is even good at the top. Its fun beating up on Maryland, Rutgers, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska Indiana etc I guess but its actually just phony hope that your said team is good.

I don't think PSU is that good but I don't think any team really is this year. I said it earlier and hence why i kept betting against them but losing because their O line stinks, their D line is average and you can throw on them if you can complete passes with decent qbs. Problem is, B1G QBs at aforementioned schools are so bad they can't expose their weaknesses. Sparty got lucky AF, you know this and Lewerke had game of his life in lucky weather and 4 hour delay. OSU came back and beat them by a point and PSU was short handed on already weak OL due to LT injury and their best DL injured in OSU game and then missing Sparty game.

No great wins sure, no bad losses either. Never lost at home, never got blown out, never lost a game as large faves (Clemson, OSU, ND, Georgia all did and Wiscy and Miami played NOBODY on the road) Again I don't think they are that good, but the only thing I will defend them for is this, nobody outside of maybe Auburn has better losses than them in the top 11. Combined 4 points on road, OSU was off a bye, lead 58 minutes, and we discussed Sparty game one week after OSU game. And I doubt anyone in america played a tougher 3 game in a row stretch. They come out 2-1 they probably in Final 4 and we talk about them in whole different light.

Good counter...

It is true...if they go 2-1 through there they are right there perhaps(although lose a Tiebreak most likely).

I have had the same discussion when they slotted LSU up there to make SEC look better (at that point -- LSU is not playing like a very solid team). Three loss Messy State somehow moves up this week despite almost losing to frickin Arkansas and Umass the last few weeks. It is all about stacking the deck in some scenarios.

As for the perilous UM QB situation.

-Peters still in protocol (uggh)
-Speight still no contact practice
-JOK was with 1's yesterday and today.

This is looking as bad as possible at this point. I'll stick with 35-13 so obviously I am advocating a play on the -12 right now...having figured it was the JOK show all along but yuck...should be ugly...

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan sophomore quarterback Brandon Peters' status for Saturday's game against Ohio State still remains up in the air.

At this point in the week, the U-M coaching staff, as well as the medical staff, are taking a day-by-day approach to his health as he progresses through the concussion protocol. The status could change at any hour, or any day, it all depends on how Peters heals and if the symptoms show up.

U-M passing game coordinator Pep Hamilton met with the media on Wednesday and discussed Peters' status.

"He's progressively getting better," Hamilton said. "He's still in the protocol and we'll know, it's on an hour-to-hour and day-to-day basic, where he stands. He seems to be a lot better than what he was after Saturday."

When asked if Peters has to be cleared by a certain day of the week to be prepared to play the Buckeyes, Hamilton deflected that decision to head coach Jim Harbaugh.

"That's Coach Harbaugh's decision," Hamilton said.

If Peters can't play, it's unlikely that Wilton Speight will be ready to go as he's still not cleared for contact.

That means it'll be O'Korn's job on Saturday if either quarterback isn't ready to go. That, of course, is still a wait and see kind of thing.

"I think he'll be ready," Hamilton said. "It's not like it'll be his first time playing. We've still got a lot of practice in front of us and it's important that we go out and have a few good days of practice and see where we stand."

Fact of the matter is B1G is so piss poor with mid-level to bottom teams this year I don't know who is even good at the top. Its fun beating up on Maryland, Rutgers, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska Indiana etc I guess but its actually just phony hope that your said team is good.

Just to bring further attention to this, HALF the teams in the league have losing records, and an 8th team, Iowa is just one game over .500, a team who took PSU to the limit and took OSU to the woodshed. The Big Ten doesn't need to schedule cupcakes out of conference, their league is a cream puff factory.

why would you want that guy to stay? He is an ass that cant beat THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
Because to me he is a great football coach wherever he has been, he has not regressed as a coach while at Michigan. He has not had his QB yet that he has had a chance to develop from day 1. Speight and O'Korn are simply placeholders. This year his team is young and we got some great experience for our young QB finally. Talk to me in a couple of years if Peters Black and the Peoples Champ aren't bringing 11 win seasons back to Michigan. The defense will only be better. So they lost at Wisconsin, PSU, big deal, great teams could lose on the road to those two teams. Yeah the loss to Sparty stings, but Sparty is the mudder obviously because they play ugly football so the uglier the better. I'll be concerned if we lose 3 or more games next year. I don't care if we get blown out tomorrow, Jimmy is not the problem. And if you think he is, i would love to hear the suggestions of who could bring the M back to where we are in the final 4 discussion. Its not like Iowa beat us by 30.

why would you want that guy to stay? He is an ass that cant beat THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY

CUM bigger ass, i met him at football camps, nobody likes him. Guy is a complete prick. At least Jimmy is a guy you can talk to while having a chew and just BS with.

Just to bring further attention to this, HALF the teams in the league have losing records, and an 8th team, Iowa is just one game over .500, a team who took PSU to the limit and took OSU to the woodshed. The Big Ten doesn't need to schedule cupcakes out of conference, their league is a cream puff factory.

Agree but Iowa at home at night is different animal. I don't consider PSU win there a negative if it was close, especially early in the year. For OSU to get blown out there was unacceptable though. Iowa should not be blowing out anyone even though they did again today on the road against an absolutely horrible Husker team.

Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue, Nebraska, Minnesota horrible horrible teams
Indiana not a good team, not horrible
Michigan Michigan St Northwestern Iowa decent teams
Penn State Ohio St Wisconsin good teams

That is how I would tier the conference. You could probably go through conferences and tier them all the same I guess. I just know from watching so much B1G football how bad so many of these teams look, its like glorified high school at least on offense. Its bad.

Yes, Big Ten has no competitive depth, it is the worst of the power leagues for sure.

You are right on Iowa. I mean they proved something again today and they are no longer just 1 game over .500 like I said. 7-5 is solid, not consistent, but who is really - and some of their games have really been great performances.

Plays in "The Game" for me...

Ohio State -12 -110 pretty big

Michigan tt UNDER whatever I get it at (TOP UNIT). Projected at 19 right now, I figure by time they post in 6/7 hours it will be about 17.5 or so. That is fine right there.

I'll stick with 35-13 but could see more like 38-10 to be honest. If it is close at half, then OSU will roll 2nd half. Heck of a defense but they will 'break' once they are down a few scores.

How many times do you bet against Michigan? For perspective on this.

How many times do you bet against Michigan? For perspective on this.

Depends on what makes me money. Simple as that.

It was a lot the last couple years of the Hoke era though.

First year of JEEM I played several opponent tt unders

This year, obviously I had a great number for Florida game even though I middled some of it.

A few half bets this year. Obviously the Maryland game was BIG BETS.

Sparty Live in that game was pretty easy knowing what the conditions would be...

Hit Penn State Live as well, albeit it was a rash decision at a bad number...had um tt under there too...amongst whatever else...

Just offhand...

In my younger days..last 6-7 years of Carr era...when they were a dog...it was a very high percentage winning for me...

The last time I saw mich fans throw in the towel like this was 2013.

I remember I got an early OSU line on that game and beat the closing number by almost 2 td's or something crazy like that and had my vacation spot all picked out...didn't quite work out the way I had hoped haha.

Ah yes,

The Marcus Hall 'Double Bird Flip' game...

Michigan had 600 yards offense in that game. Ohio State rushed for 393. Hyde was unstoppable. All the stars aligned that day for a classic shootout. That was the terrible 2 point conversion try. Great call to try it but a terrible play call.

Still not sure how Devin Gardner finished that game. Amazing.

Back