Week 12 Discussion Thread

I’m finding a dog here and there but my card looks more like favs and totals besides a few, just like last week. Am I crazy or we seeing less dogs getting good numbers who you can feel good about matching up in certain ways? There a few but not a lot.

Cincy getting so much love, line flying up. Is this byu/boise again? I’m not sure, having big second thoughts but beginning this week I thought “statement game for cincy”. Maybe over? Ucf gonna have to score to stay in it I think, don’t see their defense doing the job.

Am I crazy to think that k-st/isu total to low? I get the feeling this might be one these isu games that points break out in all kinds of ways. K-st has had to play the 2 best big-12 defenses after losing their qb, that be tough for anyone, plus k-st has a way of scoring with special teams or getting one off Purdy. I like this game to be played in mid to upper 20s which makes o46.5 real appealing to me.

Anyone have any thoughts on FAU vs. UMASS tomorrow? Was thinking FAU -20 1H might be good bet. I know they suck on offense but they put up 38 on FIU last week and if UMASS is worst team in the country that simply can't play at this level this might be chance for FAU to add some more confidence for their offense. Maybe they run it up 1H and then put on brakes in 2H. I'm thinking we might see 21-0 with 4 minutes left in the 1Q - would hate to miss it. Thoughts?

Anyone have any thoughts on FAU vs. UMASS tomorrow? Was thinking FAU -20 1H might be good bet. I know they suck on offense but they put up 38 on FIU last week and if UMASS is worst team in the country that simply can't play at this level this might be chance for FAU to add some more confidence for their offense. Maybe they run it up 1H and then put on brakes in 2H. I'm thinking we might see 21-0 with 4 minutes left in the 1Q - would hate to miss it. Thoughts?

unfortunately I ain’t the guy to ask on this games w huge spreads, I have a nightmare time capping them. Seems like certain teams like umass or k-st you just lay the points and don’t even worry bout or leave them alone. Wish I was a guy who could lay them, never do tho. Certainly can’t see umass scoring on fau d if they interested. I can’t make a case for umass in any shape or form.

Cincy getting so much love, line flying up. Is this byu/boise again? I’m not sure, having big second thoughts but beginning this week I thought “statement game for cincy”. Maybe over? Ucf gonna have to score to stay in it I think, don’t see their defense doing the job.
I wouldn’t overthink Cincy. A buttoned up crew like BYU who appears on a mission. Cincy has an elite group of 5 defense and the UCF defense is going to be in for a long day.

I wouldn’t overthink Cincy. A buttoned up crew like BYU who appears on a mission. Cincy has an elite group of 5 defense and the UCF defense is going to be in for a long day.

yea I agree, these sometimes toughest ones for me to play but I’m going to.

I think coastal Carolina my fav play of the week. So strange having it be a fav 2 weeks in a row! Lol.

there only a handful of dogs I’m finding myself being able to get behind.

Pitt a easy one, I think they a better team than tech and can’t see hooker carrying Hokies vs that tough pit front 7. really don’t get how they dogs with Pickett playing?

mtsu I think playing much better than 1st time Troy waxed them, we don’t get many rematch bets like this outside conf championship games (kinda feels like college hoops!). I’m jus a little torn cause the over makes a lot of sense to me as well as mtsu +11.5, never fan of playing side and total unless I feel they correlate significantly, not really the case here. I do feel mtsu qb O’Hara has improved a ton since 1st meeting so think the def score well more than the 17 in 1st meeting. I’m not as sure where to put Troy number where I’m still kind of stuck! (Suggestions?).

liberty growing on me, hate to say it but I disagree with everyone playing the over in that one. There will be points but I think I really strong chance low 30s wins opposed to the both teams in mid 30s like you need (ala the Hokies game), NCst doesn’t have a playmaker like hooker and think liberty will do same thing they did at VT and try to limit possessions. Ncst will score but expect it be maybe one long busted run but mostly with the 2 backs grinding it out then few their really good trick type plays, I love the way ncst calls games only reason liberty not a slam dunk for me.

Excited for the game

tulane needs a defensive effort and no long lulls on offense.

that simple

Who gonna be able to run the ball? then can Tulane avoid getting hurt with chunk passing plays tulsa been getting? Feel like if this was Saturday it be a pass so not gonna force but gun to head id take the points.

I hate mtsu on the road for 3rd straight game. Anyone got some damning numbers on that? Lol

Might be third straight road game, but they just came off a 2 week "bye" prior to the Marshall game. So while it is 3rd straight road game over a 5 week period, it's more like back-to-back road games since the first road game in this stretch was so long ago.

Might be third straight road game, but they just came off a 2 week "bye" prior to the Marshall game. So while it is 3rd straight road game over a 5 week period, it's more like back-to-back road games since the first road game in this stretch was so long ago.

that makes it sound better, thanks. I know I’m playing them or the over, just havnt decided which? Lol

It's FAU's last home game already. I don't know, I think I'll go over.

In a nutshell. Only issue I have is the racebaiting. You can't announce you want a minority head coach and then blame his race for the reason he was fired.

Norvell is not the right coach either. Gimmick style offenses, like Willie and Norvell, can work short term, but ultimately will fail. You have to line up and punch the opposition in the mouth. It is the only way to earn respect.

Sucks for the Orange that Atwell is going to play. I did just read an article that stated Marshon Ford was a do-it-all weapon to watch out for especially in the RZ. I'm sure if given the choice, LV fans would rather have Atwell.

I'm surprised to see that Stephen F Austin has played 9 games this year! Including a 6 game winning streak vs some schools I've never heard of.

Troy HC Chip Lindsey covid positive. I think he is also the offensive play caller.

Why is rice continue going that way? They have covid issues?

Message board chatter I think was just in jest about game not being played because so many games have been disrupted. Did not see any news or player issues cited.

North Texas does have some great offensive statistics and conference rankings, not sure if that is influencing people? Rice recent history of a favorite is bad even though they are 1-1 in that role this year.

Message board chatter I think was just in jest about game not being played because so many games have been disrupted. Did not see any news or player issues cited.

North Texas does have some great offensive statistics and conference rankings, not sure if that is influencing people? Rice recent history of a favorite is bad even though they are 1-1 in that role this year.

I really like the rice defense going back to last year, feel like n Texas defense makes any offense more formidable so just my nature to like rice I guess. I thought they were gonna be one the favs to win the conf but they got such a late start.

If it just money that had made rice small dogs I’m good w that. I just didn’t wanna bet them find out half their team not playing. Lol

I really like the rice defense going back to last year, feel like n Texas defense makes any offense more formidable so just my nature to like rice I guess. I thought they were gonna be one the favs to win the conf but they got such a late start.

Agree on NT D. They did hold MTSU to 7 points I think in the 2nd H, but looking at the entire season rather than just one half reveals the kind of defense they are.

Rice D is good. Rice is pretty good overall. Read one of their writers thinks that their late start was advantageous for their younger players to better understand the plays and systems.

Back