Week 11 - What Did We Learn

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
I'll start.

- No one wants any part of Oregon. Vernon Adams is now healthy and has a firm grasp on that offense. It doesn't hurt that he has an embarrassment of talent around him.
- Baker Mayfield is a gamer. Not a big fan of that term, but he is. The guy can just play. That TD pass he threw to secure the win was pocket presence at its best.
- Tom Herman's star just keeps on rising. Some win by Houston.
- Texas is lost. We're just a poorly coached and mismanaged team. Can't blame Mack Brown anymore, that's grown old. It's on Strong, and he's failing.
- Good for Keenan Reynolds. More rushing touchdowns than anyone in CFB history. I still love the option offense, and no one does it better.

No way SC gets Herman now despite some locals thinking its already in the bag. Too many jobs opening up and that guy is good.

hell of an effort by Houston, down 20, backup QB against good team

Clemson may sleepwalk the next few weeks, and may come back to bite them

Todd Monken is doing a heck of a coaching job at Southern Miss

LSU are flat track bullies

West Virginia scored 38 and only had 12 pass attempts

As of today, eye test gives me Bama and ND and both have a loss

My eyes suck though...

Saban and Smart have figured out how to substitute against the hurry up offense. And that pass rush, well it's good

just in case anyone missed it, auburn had 62 yds passing yesterday....62
And UGA only had 97. UGA will rely on their D to win them games the rest of the way. Lambert has been a failed experiment. We'll be starting true frosh Eason next year. With that said, our backup QB Ramsey has turned into our best punter. He was huge for us yesterday setting field position.

As noted, Bama's front 7 is filthy. It truly is unreal to watch. Reggie Ragland is all over the field all game long.

Gus's seat will start to get hot if he doesn't win next year. He is 2-8 in his last 10 SEC games.

The shine is off Mark Stoops. He'll need to win the Louisville game to even get bowl eligible.

Bielema again is having a strong second half to the season. Expectations will again be high in the offseason for Arky.

We've been saying this for awhile but North Carolina might have the best offense in the country, translated and adjusted and all that. Clemson's D better strap it on tight in that ACC championship game. Hopefully that happens because that game will be required viewing, maybe more than any other conference title game. Great uniform game too. UNC has a couple of tough road games to get there. If I'm Clemson, I'm hoping they falter because I wouldn't want any part of them if I could avoid it.

If linesmakers want to keep giving me double digits with Washington State, I'll appreciate that very much.

If linesmakers want to keep inflating Boise's home game lines by 10-15 points, I'll appreciate that very much also.

Michigan State was outgained for the umpteenth time by a vastly inferior squad. I'm afraid it will all catch up to them at some point and they'll get embarrassed by someone good. Probably not next week because they are money as road dogs, but likely the bowl game against a worthy opponent.

I guess we learned that if you take two really awesome players off of TCU, what's left isn't much better than Kansas.

Arkansas is on a roll, and I think Brandon Allen is one of the most underrated QBs in the country. People are going to look at that score and say that LSU is a disappointment, and they are right, but I hope they focus on the fact that Arkansas has now won outright at Tennessee, Mississippi and LSU. That's pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

I have to make sure to avoif even considering betting on Northwestern's games, as they are impossible to figure out. Illinois outgained Purdue at Purdue by a jillion yards last week, and then Northwestern plays them to a complete standstill on the same field they dominated Stanford, humiliated Minnesota and beat Penn State. Whatever.

Willie Taggart starting to put things together at USF. I loved him at WKY, but it took him awhile to get his footing in Tampa. Looks like he's got it going now. Nice win over a good Temple team.

Do people realize what a wonder this Navy program is?? How in the hell is a service academy ranked 20th and 8-1 in this day and age. It's fucking astounding.

We've been saying this for awhile but North Carolina might have the best offense in the country, translated and adjusted and all that. Clemson's D better strap it on tight in that ACC championship game. Hopefully that happens because that game will be required viewing, maybe more than any other conference title game. Great uniform game too. UNC has a couple of tough road games to get there. If I'm Clemson, I'm hoping they falter because I wouldn't want any part of them if I could avoid it.

If linesmakers want to keep giving me double digits with Washington State, I'll appreciate that very much.

If linesmakers want to keep inflating Boise's home game lines by 10-15 points, I'll appreciate that very much also.

Michigan State was outgained for the umpteenth time by a vastly inferior squad. I'm afraid it will all catch up to them at some point and they'll get embarrassed by someone good. Probably not next week because they are money as road dogs, but likely the bowl game against a worthy opponent.

I guess we learned that if you take two really awesome players off of TCU, what's left isn't much better than Kansas.

Arkansas is on a roll, and I think Brandon Allen is one of the most underrated QBs in the country. People are going to look at that score and say that LSU is a disappointment, and they are right, but I hope they focus on the fact that Arkansas has now won outright at Tennessee, Mississippi and LSU. That's pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

I have to make sure to avoif even considering betting on Northwestern's games, as they are impossible to figure out. Illinois outgained Purdue at Purdue by a jillion yards last week, and then Northwestern plays them to a complete standstill on the same field they dominated Stanford, humiliated Minnesota and beat Penn State. Whatever.

Willie Taggart starting to put things together at USF. I loved him at WKY, but it took him awhile to get his footing in Tampa. Looks like he's got it going now. Nice win over a good Temple team.

Do people realize what a wonder this Navy program is?? How in the hell is a service academy ranked 20th and 8-1 in this day and age. It's fucking astounding.

I will just expound on a few of yours here Br@ss:

What Ken Niumatalolo is doing is amazing. The recruits are young men with bigger goals in life than football, and certainly more important. So it is a different caliber of player. I would have to think teams will be after him, even with the option offense. What an amazing job!

Arkansas is just doing it again this year.....same way, same time. Miles is 27-3 after a loss. ALL 3 losses? You guessed it.....to Arkansas. I put a lot of that loss on Les. He has to have the kids ready for that game. And it is early on so we cannot jump yet....and maybe he can recruit, but Steele has to show me something.

Notre Dame will be an interesting case. The Stanford game just got bent, and who is their best win? Temple?

I'll start.

- No one wants any part of Oregon. Vernon Adams is now healthy and has a firm grasp on that offense. It doesn't hurt that he has an embarrassment of talent around him.
- Baker Mayfield is a gamer. Not a big fan of that term, but he is. The guy can just play. That TD pass he threw to secure the win was pocket presence at its best.
- Tom Herman's star just keeps on rising. Some win by Houston.
- Texas is lost. We're just a poorly coached and mismanaged team. Can't blame Mack Brown anymore, that's grown old. It's on Strong, and he's failing.
- Good for Keenan Reynolds. More rushing touchdowns than anyone in CFB history. I still love the option offense, and no one does it better.

Still trying to figure out how in the hell Texas won that game in Dallas.

who won this game?

[TABLE="class: mod-data"]
<tbody>[TR="class: header"]
[TH]Matchup[/TH]
[TH][/TH]
[TH][/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: highlight"]
[TD]1st Downs[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: indent"]
[TD]3rd down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]0-10[/TD]
[TD]9-24[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4th down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]0-0[/TD]
[TD]2-5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Total Yards[/TD]
[TD]413[/TD]
[TD]641[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Passing[/TD]
[TD]218[/TD]
[TD]506[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Comp-Att[/TD]
[TD]9-13[/TD]
[TD]41-75[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Yards per pass[/TD]
[TD]16.8[/TD]
[TD]6.7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Interceptions thrown[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Rushing[/TD]
[TD]195[/TD]
[TD]135[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Rushing Attempts[/TD]
[TD]39[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Yards per rush[/TD]
[TD]5.0[/TD]
[TD]3.4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Penalties[/TD]
[TD]16-132[/TD]
[TD]4-39[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Turnovers[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Fumbles lost[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Possession[/TD]
[TD]26:51[/TD]
[TD]33:09[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

who won this game?

[TH]Matchup
[/TH]
[TH][/TH]
[TH][/TH]
[/TR]
[TD]1st Downs
[/TD]
[TD]11
[/TD]
[TD]40
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3rd down efficiency
[/TD]
[TD]0-10
[/TD]
[TD]9-24
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4th down efficiency
[/TD]
[TD]0-0
[/TD]
[TD]2-5
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Total Yards
[/TD]
[TD]413
[/TD]
[TD]641
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Passing
[/TD]
[TD]218
[/TD]
[TD]506
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Comp-Att
[/TD]
[TD]9-13
[/TD]
[TD]41-75
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Yards per pass
[/TD]
[TD]16.8
[/TD]
[TD]6.7
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Interceptions thrown
[/TD]
[TD]1
[/TD]
[TD]3
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Rushing
[/TD]
[TD]195
[/TD]
[TD]135
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Rushing Attempts
[/TD]
[TD]39
[/TD]
[TD]40
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Yards per rush
[/TD]
[TD]5.0
[/TD]
[TD]3.4
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Penalties
[/TD]
[TD]16-132
[/TD]
[TD]4-39
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Turnovers
[/TD]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[TD]4
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Fumbles lost
[/TD]
[TD]1
[/TD]
[TD]1
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Interceptions thrown
[/TD]
[TD]1
[/TD]
[TD]3
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Possession
[/TD]
[TD]26:51
[/TD]
[TD]33:09
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Amazing

Bob Davie has to be one of the best coaches in the country. Locksley left the program an absolute wreck, one of the worst in the country. They are stuck in a state that is lucky to turn out one FBS player a year (and if one comes along some big school gets him).

And yet Davie, in his fourth year year has made them respectable.

Same with Leach. The guy is a miracle worker. He took a second tier school in the middle of nowhere in Lubbock, Texas and turned them into a feared team. Now he has done the same thing at Pullman, Washington. And he's doing it with guys that no other school in the conference wanted.

Bob Davie has to be one of the best coaches in the country. Locksley left the program an absolute wreck, one of the worst in the country. They are stuck in a state that is lucky to turn out one FBS player a year (and if one comes along some big school gets him)..

Brian Urlacher played high school ball in New Mexico, and he went to UNM. So it's not quite that bad.

But I agree about the coaches. Bob Davie is the guy who schemed the run-and-shoot to death with his zone blitzes.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2012/...-zone-blitz-part-i-its-history-and-philosophy

who won this game?

[TH]Matchup[/TH]
[TH][/TH]
[TH][/TH]
[/TR]
[TD]1st Downs[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3rd down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]0-10[/TD]
[TD]9-24[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4th down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]0-0[/TD]
[TD]2-5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Total Yards[/TD]
[TD]413[/TD]
[TD]641[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Passing[/TD]
[TD]218[/TD]
[TD]506[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Comp-Att[/TD]
[TD]9-13[/TD]
[TD]41-75[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Yards per pass[/TD]
[TD]16.8[/TD]
[TD]6.7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Rushing[/TD]
[TD]195[/TD]
[TD]135[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Rushing Attempts[/TD]
[TD]39[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Yards per rush[/TD]
[TD]5.0[/TD]
[TD]3.4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Penalties[/TD]
[TD]16-132[/TD]
[TD]4-39[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Turnovers[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Fumbles lost[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Possession[/TD]
[TD]26:51[/TD]
[TD]33:09[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Not me, I had the over. Arguably my worst beat of the year.

And UGA only had 97. UGA will rely on their D to win them games the rest of the way. Lambert has been a failed experiment. We'l
be starting true frosh Eason next year. With that said, our backup QB Ramsey has turned into our best punter. He was huge for us yesterday setting field position.

As noted, Bama's front 7 is filthy. It truly is unreal to watch. Reggie Ragland is all over the field all game long.

Gus's seat will start to get hot if he doesn't win next year. He is 2-8 in his last 10 SEC games.

The shine is off Mark Stoops. He'll need to win the Louisville game to even get bowl eligible.

Bielema again is having a strong second half to the season. Expectations will again be high in the offseason for Arky.

Would that frosh QB be any relation to Tony E .? QB for Illinois and Patriot a generation ago.

Back