Week 11 Pigskin with Marsski

Good win for Miami. They finally unleashed Ragland some, OU couldn't cover those receivers outside in the first half. We had a chance to win late but that punt inside the 1 was the biggest play of the game.

My MACtion touch deserted me this week. Every time I think I got this league figured out...

Think they were looking ahead to next week? Can't believe Rourke's first pass attempt was on the 13th play in the second series and he was only 1-of-4 through 3 possessions I believe. It almost seemed to me they were playing cautious and maybe took Miami for granted with the Buffalo game next week.

I realize that Ohio doesn't have quite the same receiver set as Buffalo but given MOH run defense and what Buffalo did to their secondary, I am surprised Ohio wasn't passing from the get go.

Yea, Solich falls in love with the run sometimes especially once AJ ripped off that early TD. It's hard to say when you don't have the 11 man angle but given that Rourke kept holding the ball, it doesn't seem like our WRs were able to get separation. I also assume they were slanting their coverage to wherever Papi was lined up.

I'll give Miami credit for a good game plan here. Rourke needed to have a good game, he didn't and the Bobcats made too many mistakes (missed FG, turnovers etc).

ADD:

Ohio State/MSU Under 52.5

Last edited:
Think they were looking ahead to next week? Can't believe Rourke's first pass attempt was on the 13th play in the second series and he was only 1-of-4 through 3 possessions I believe. It almost seemed to me they were playing cautious and maybe took Miami for granted with the Buffalo game next week.

That would be ridiculous since it‘s not like they were heavily favored and its a rivalry game too. Like Mars said Rourke was always standing standing waiting for someone to get open and finding nobody. No rhythm with receivers. Miami dbacks must be pretty good I guess

Who really knows for people outside like us. Just seemed like it meant more to Miami. Ohio had won 5 straight vs them and next week was supposed to determine the East Champ. Miami had other plans.

Like UT, thinking about a 1h/2h chase with UC, kinda curious how the Bulls adapt to the conditions

Back