Week 11 Pigskin with Marsski

Marsski

MAC Marvel
NCAA: 50-43, +4.36
Multi-sport parlays: 0-2, -0.9
Pros: 11-7, +2.8

Had a great week 10 thanks to my beloved MACtion picks that went undefeated.

Like the Bobcats to keep rolling @ Miami and the Huskies to take care of business at home. Lean Kent in Tuesday's game but not sure if I'll get involved.

Ohio U -3 (-115) for 2 units

NIU -3 (-115) for usual

All plays to win 1 unit unless otherwise noted.

Card:

Tuesday
Kent State +21

Wednesday
Ohio U -3 (-115) 2 unit bet
NIU -3 (-116)
ML parlay: Ohio Bobcats/BYU Cougars (-119)

Friday
Fresno -2.5

Saturday
Ohio State/MSU Under 52.5
BYU -13.5 (-111)

Illinois +18 (-109)
Illinois ML +610 half unit bet
Pittsburgh -2.5 (-115)
Tennessee TT Under 19.5 (-119)
Ga. Tech -4.5 (-109), Ga. Tech -3.5 2 units total
Texas Longhorns ML -119

Cincy Bearcats -14 (-118)
FSU/Notre Dame under 53 (half unit bet)

(Updated 56-52, +1.26)

Pros
Browns +5
Seattle +9

Last edited:
I was gonna take MSU but I thought I would get 6 or 7. 3.5 is pretty low....maybe they'll sucker me into taking the Buckeyes again.

Can't believe the adjustment on that game....just a week ago Purdue laid just 1 point shy of that (and the line was probably correct). Now the Buckeyes are within a point or two of the Boilers on a neutral?

Most importantly...go Bobcats! Huge game this week. I really want that win or go home against the Bulls

Most importantly...go Bobcats! Huge game this week. I really want that win or go home against the Bulls

Yes. It's hard to see the Bobcats overlooking their hated rival in Miami. I was at last year's OU-Miami game and they couldn't stop Rourke at all. I think we're gonna get our MAC East shootout for all the marbles. I think I'm gonna go if it sets up...

Go Cats!

Can't believe the adjustment on that game....just a week ago Purdue laid just 1 point shy of that (and the line was probably correct). Now the Buckeyes are within a point or two of the Boilers on a neutral?

I like Purdue, but that's nuts.

Yes. It's hard to see the Bobcats overlooking their hated rival in Miami. I was at last year's OU-Miami game and they couldn't stop Rourke at all. I think we're gonna get our MAC East shootout for all the marbles. I think I'm gonna go if it sets up...

Go Cats!

Nice! Hope that happens...that would be a blast. Yeah I think they keep rolling here too. They are looking like the team I threw so much down on to start the season (O8.5 and +300 for the MAC). I nearly wrote those both off and just happy there's at least a bit of life coming down the stretch here.

Wind advisory Tues AM to Wed in Buffalo area. Says 20-30 mph with 50 mph gusts! I'll be at the game. If it is raining my wife will be at the hotel though LOL.

That's obviously bad for passing and Buffalo....

ADD:

Kent State +21

Have to take a shot at better than 6/1....Who is Nebraska to be favored like this? I watched them play Ohio State in person and I was not impressed with the Huskers shitbag defense. Illinois just dropped 55 on Minnesota. Very live dog here.

ADD:

Have to take a shot at better than 6/1....Who is Nebraska to be favored like this? I watched them play Ohio State in person and I was not impressed with the Huskers shitbag defense. Illinois just dropped 55 on Minnesota. Very live dog here.

ADD:

Exact same thing I thought when I saw it. I'm asking myself how Nebby could be favored by 18 over anyone.

Is Kent State +21 a wind play?

Somewhat. I liked what I saw out of Shaw in the last game, he's a big physical runner. Mobile QB for Kent should give Buffalo problems. Buffalo rush D only average.
Just feels like too many to me and the wind should hamper Buffalo's obvious edge in the passing game. Possible flat spot for Buffalo with Ohio on deck as well.

Was not impressed with Buffali's rush D. They got abused in the 1H last week. Thought about taking Kent on that alone, but can't pull the trigger.

Thanks for all the great info. I for one was gonna be in the Nebraska hype train for the end of the season, but no way I'm laying that number against the Illini. Good luck this week.

Somewhat. I liked what I saw out of Shaw in the last game, he's a big physical runner. Mobile QB for Kent should give Buffalo problems. Buffalo rush D only average.
Just feels like too many to me and the wind should hamper Buffalo's obvious edge in the passing game. Possible flat spot for Buffalo with Ohio on deck as well.

I really appreciate your response, and the fantastic work yove have done all season. I suppose the better question would have been, assuming perfect football weather in Buffalo tonight, would you be on Kent +21. Sounds like you are saying yes.

I really appreciate your response, and the fantastic work yove have done all season. I suppose the better question would have been, assuming perfect football weather in Buffalo tonight, would you be on Kent +21. Sounds like you are saying yes.

Yes, but not sure I would have a full unit on it...

I assume its weather betting...wind may be as high as 31mph...no big injuries that I know about...

I like Kent as long as you can get at least 14.5

I do to it just confused me that the adjustment for my local at least was with moving the Kent TT up 3 points to account for the spread adjustment. Total actually went up a point as well.

Miami Fla. is totally reeling having lost last 3 SU and getting run over in four of the last five weeks (Duke 146, BC 226, Va. 143, UNC 215).
Ga Tech needs a win for bowl eligibility and lost a heartbreaker in the rain last year to the Hurricanes. Miami's QB situation is a total mess and they have scored 13,14,12 the last three weeks. Miami plays totally undisciplined football which is a problem against the triple option.
Not sure you'll see a bigger coaching mismatch than Paul Johnson vs. Richt. Night crowd in Bobby Dodd should be feisty. This line is a gift, I don't understand how in the hell it went down from 4.5

Last edited:
What ya think about that game tonight

I don't think Miami Ohio can stop the big plays. Rourke had 6 TDs last year against Miami. He's playing really well right now and the Cats have nice balance with the run game. I'm not sure that Miami has an offensive identity, I think they should throw a lot more than they do with Ragland. He can keep them in the game for a while because the Cats have a leaky secondary...I see something like 34-23....

Question for all MAC experts.

I didn't see anywhere you discussed the Ohio/Mi Ohio total. I see it has been steadily dropping and is down to 58 at some books. No bad weather forecast, so any thoughts on reason for the drop and what you think at the new number

Question for all MAC experts.

I didn't see anywhere you discussed the Ohio/Mi Ohio total. I see it has been steadily dropping and is down to 58 at some books. No bad weather forecast, so any thoughts on reason for the drop and what you think at the new number
Wondering the same thing.

I think I just heard the tail end of them saying on the radio De'Andre Montgomery is out for Miami as well tonight. He is a S who moved from LB. Big player to be out. 3 senior week 1 starters on D are out, now make it 4. Not good recipe facing Ohio.

Miami has scored 30+ 6 straight weeks. Like Marsski has said, OU D has been improving, but in fairness, this is probably the best O they've played since UMass all things considered. Miami should be able to get some pts...42 pts on the MAC's #1 D last week.

Would be absolutely shocked if OU doesn't score some...BG, Ball and WM near the bottom of MAC Ds, so probably not realistic to think OU just explodes compared to the last 3 games....but Bobcat O is very very capable.

Hard to not like the Over.

I can't make sense of the total so took Miami +5. It was +6 at one point but I stalled too long.

I see everyone likes Ohio on this thread, but I can't get what Miami did against Army out of my mind. And that was on the road.

Back