Week 11 ML Dogs

How have teams rushed against Vandy this season? How have they passed against Vandy this season? I do not know but what I do know is my Cats have absolutely zero passing game. I wonder if this offense for Ky is a sight for sore eyes to the Vandy defenders??

Some possibilities 1st time through....

Bowling Green
N. Illinois
BC 1st half & game
FIU
Wake Forest
USA
New Mexico
Utah St.

FIU
Navy
Ga Tech
MSU
New Mex
Ga State
UNLV
Troy
USA
Hawaii
and yes I am thinking about Maryland again even though I am probably crazy for even considering them, but at $10 why not right?

FIU
Navy
Ga Tech
MSU
New Mex
Ga State
UNLV
Troy
USA
Hawaii
and yes I am thinking about Maryland again even though I am probably crazy for even considering them, but at $10 why not right?
LOL....my first thought this week went something like, "I wonder who MD is dogged to this week? I'm taking 'em no matter what!" Then I saw who they were playing and thought to myself....

:holycow:

LOL....my first thought this week went something like, "I wonder who MD is dogged to this week? I'm taking 'em no matter what!" Then I saw who they were playing and thought to myself....

:holycow:

Yeah haha...I had them on my list last week but never hit that submit button so missed out and told myself that wouldn't happen again, but then I thought mmm Ohio State this week, so I took the points but haven't decided on whether it is worth throwing an Alexander Hamilton on em just for fun.

1st half maybe?? I doubt one could find it though....I don't think MD's defense can hang with OSU's offense. It's a helluva ML though!!
The fun thing is I am only putting 10 bucks on each one, so definitely just for fun, but I want to at least have a chance, but it's not like I am playing ULM as a ML Dog or something, but going against OSU on the ML seems to have about the same chance at success.

Here are the 5 I have locked in at BM so far, as these lines were better than what I could get at BOL...Still trying to figure out the final 5...

Ga Tech +208
New Mex +646
Ga State +559
UNLV +559
USA +513

Saw a thread from a different forum about Vanderbilt last Saturday before the Missy St. game:

Vanderbilt has never had a winless season in 129 years.
So far they are 0-4 with 6 games left.
They usually pull an upset or two every year.

Vandy was getting +19 and money line is +748. They almost won their game.

Remaining games: KY, FL, TN, GA, MS

They are +17 this week @ KY and they be will north of +20 dogs the rest of the season.

Sprinkle some beer money on the ML, but take the points as well.

Qb from UNM, Tuioti, is OUT Saturday vs Nevada. Suffered a concussion late in the Hawaii game and is not cleared. Big loss for UNM.

Saw a thread from a different forum about Vanderbilt last Saturday before the Missy St. game:

Vanderbilt has never had a winless season in 129 years.
So far they are 0-4 with 6 games left.
They usually pull an upset or two every year.

Vandy was getting +19 and money line is +748. They almost won their game.

Remaining games: KY, FL, TN, GA, MS

They are +17 this week @ KY and they be will north of +20 dogs the rest of the season.

Sprinkle some beer money on the ML, but take the points as well.
They'll beat Vols

BG is my pick for the one most likely to win IMHO.....

I wouldn't rule it out, but they will need to make a huge jump offensively from game 1 to now. Kent looked fairly good. I am personally hoping BG finds a way to compete. Laying that kind of number seems rather ridiculous with Kent although they did beat BG 62-20 last year and also rolled Akron 26-3. Two years ago when Kent played at BG Kent only won by 7 with game winning TD scored with under2min left.

I wouldn't rule it out, but they will need to make a huge jump offensively from game 1 to now. Kent looked fairly good. I am personally hoping BG finds a way to compete. Laying that kind of number seems rather ridiculous with Kent although they did beat BG 62-20 last year and also rolled Akron 26-3. Two years ago when Kent played at BG Kent only won by 7 with game winning TD scored with under2min left.
Actually....I'm just doing 1st half ML......BOL @s--k !!

I'd like to get the week off to a good start and steal one 1st half tonight with BG.....

3, 4, & 5-teamer RRs:

Florida International +271
Boston College +418
Wake Forest +402
South Alabama +505
Bowling Green +490 for 1st Half
Risking $16.00 (16 parlays at $1.00) To Win $8,215.39

BOLTA!!

Man. fuck! What's up with the Mac? In a year full of upsets, one might think the conference known for upsets would produce an upset or two....but nope!!

:mad:

Some ideas, I am not playing all of these, not sure which if any I will play:

Colorado State - Boise is embarrassed for sure and will want to prove something this game, but they are suspicious in the trenches this year and don't have a wealth of playmakers compared to past editions. I do remember what they did on O vs AF...thinking CSU D is better than AF and Boise is more banged up now.

FIU - both these teams are god awful...similar to the WKU-FAU game last week, two bad teams either one has a shot simply because of how bad the other is

Michigan State - we saw how MSU responded after their first ugly loss...although playing hated instate rival likely had something to do with that here they'll only be playing IU with no hatred emotion for the team across from them. IU is off their best game of the year no doubt, I don't think they look ahead, but some media people are already talking about the Ohio State game next week.

Middle Tennessee - crazy one, yet another creampuff for Marshall to run it up on. Just kind of have a weird feeling on this one.

Army - always tight games between them and Tulane

Missouri - rough spot for Georgia road chalk after getting crushed by hated rival and likely losing shot at SEC Title

South Alabama - I may just take advantage of inflated lines on ULL and ML against them until it wins. This will be my 3rd week in a row if I do it, atleast the last two covered ATS

Utah State - bad team, does play some D at times though and outside of Ronnie Rivers, I'm not sure Fresno is all that good. Having to count on USU to score points on O though...that is a stretch

Georgia State - is it just me or has App St kind of mailed it in the last couple weeks? Opponent might have something to do with that, so they going to get up for Georgia State now?

UTEP - should be competitive game between two improved teams, game moved to UTSA Alamo dome now I read now, covid running wild in El Paso I guess. Odds and spread haven't changed yet have they?

Boston College - catch ND at a good time and BC has proven to be pesky vs some better teams

Texas State - I don't trust Georgia Southern and for some reason I still think Texas State has an upset up their sleeve, but time is running out

Colorado - I guess I have to include them even though I want to like Stanford. Really caught me off guard how good they looked, Buffs were ready for this season. Stanford O generally not all that tough to slow/stop of late

Southern Miss - WKU is favored that pretty much says it all. I'm not betting on SM, in fact I have been fading them for a few weeks now, but suppose what I am doing is just listing upsets that wouldn't surprise me...and WKU losing again would not surprise me, even if it was to SM. QB Abraham is supposed to be back this week (missed 2 of last 3 knocked out in the other).

Hawaii - pretty sure I like this one. Have seen too many warning signs out of San Diego State this year and the last two years this game have been decided by a total of 4 points

Arkansas - Hogs gonna win one for Pittman ;)

Last edited:

Colorado State - Boise is embarrassed for sure and will want to prove something this game, but they are suspicious in the trenches this year and don't have a wealth of playmakers compared to past editions. I do remember what they did on O vs AF...thinking CSU D is better than AF and Boise is more banged up now.

FIU - both these teams are god awful...similar to the WKU-FAU game last week, two bad teams either one has a shot simply because of how bad the other is

Michigan State - we saw how MSU responded after their first ugly loss...although playing hated instate rival likely had something to do with that here they'll only be playing IU with no hatred emotion for the team across from them. IU is off their best game of the year no doubt, I don't think they look ahead, but some media people are already talking about the Ohio State game next week.

Middle Tennessee - crazy one, yet another creampuff for Marshall to run it up on. Just kind of have a weird feeling on this one.

Missouri - rough spot for Georgia road chalk after getting crushed by hated rival and likely losing shot at SEC Title

South Alabama - I may just take advantage of inflated lines on ULL and ML against them until it wins. This will be my 3rd week in a row if I do it, atleast the last two covered ATS

Utah State - bad team, does play some D at times though and outside of Ronnie Rivers, I'm not sure Fresno is all that good. Having to count on USU to score points on O though...that is a stretch

Georgia State - is it just me or has App St kind of mailed it in the last couple weeks? Opponent might have something to do with that, so they going to get up for Georgia State now?

UTEP - should be competitive game between two improved teams, game moved to UTSA Alamo dome now I read now, covid running wild in El Paso I guess. Odds and spread haven't changed yet have they?

Boston College - catch ND at a good time and BC has proven to be pesky vs some better teams

Texas State - I don't trust Georgia Southern and for some reason I still think Texas State has an upset up their sleeve, but time is running out

Colorado - I guess I have to include them even though I want to like Stanford. Really caught me off guard how good they looked, Buffs were ready for this season. Stanford O generally not all that tough to slow/stop of late

Southern Miss - WKU is favored that pretty much says it all. I'm not betting on SM, in fact I have been fading them for a few weeks now, but suppose what I am doing is just listing upsets that wouldn't surprise me...and WKU losing again would not surprise me, even if it was to SM. QB Abraham is supposed to be back this week (missed 2 of last 3 knocked out in the other).

Hawaii - pretty sure I like this one. Have seen too many warning signs out of San Diego State this year and the last two years this game have been decided by a total of 4 points

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

:shake:

Already locked in a few of these earlier in the week and about to finalize my list in a few and it looks like we on the same page with a bunch of em, so will post my final list in a bit. Best of luck this weekend and can you believe we won't get to bet on Maryland this week!

Added...

FIU +275 BOL
MSU +229 BOL
Hawaii +334 BM

That gets me up to 8 plays, so still need 2 more since Maryland and Navy were canceled due to Covid...

Here is my short list...thoughts?

FSU +289
UNT +430
Army +180
Troy +320

Need the best 2 out of that list, so fire away...

Already locked in a few of these earlier in the week and about to finalize my list in a few and it looks like we on the same page with a bunch of em, so will post my final list in a bit. Best of luck this weekend and can you believe we won't get to bet on Maryland this week!

I bet let's say 20+ games a week, maybe about 4 on average are favorites. I was probably going to bet Ohio State this week. I also bet Oklahoma when Kansas State beat them so it's not like I know anything...

I bet let's say 20+ games a week, maybe about 4 on average are favorites. I was probably going to bet Ohio State this week. I also bet Oklahoma when Kansas State beat them so it's not like I know anything...

I usually play between 8-10 ATS each week and probably 95% are favorites haha...This week is an anomaly for me as Miami and SMU as dogs were too good for me to pass up, but typically my card is almost all favs week in and week out.

I usually play between 8-10 ATS each week and probably 95% are favorites haha...This week is an anomaly for me as Miami and SMU as dogs were too good for me to pass up, but typically my card is almost all favs week in and week out.

Speaking of Favorites......i think there’s like a correlation with the Overs? ....maybe it’s just me liking to bet both Favorites and Overs?

Speaking of Favorites......i think there’s like a correlation with the Overs? ....maybe it’s just me liking to bet both Favorites and Overs?
I think I have played 1 under in the last 3 years and it lost. Something like 83 points and still sailed over.

Ball State is turning the ball over....pure and simple why they are behind.

It made me think of what could have been....turnover margin has been a big criteria in my queries in years past. Unfortunately, SDQL or the folks who manage it have updated it or something and stats in football such as turnovers, passing yards, and rushing yards have not been showing up and/or no longer available in NCAA Football queries.

Bummer.....

:pondering:

Added...

FIU +275 BOL
MSU +229 BOL
Hawaii +334 BM

That gets me up to 8 plays, so still need 2 more since Maryland and Navy were canceled due to Covid...

Here is my short list...thoughts?

FSU +289
UNT +430
Army +180
Troy +320

Need the best 2 out of that list, so fire away...

You should have some good ACC knowledge. How might you think FSU-NCST could go?

You should have some good ACC knowledge. How might you think FSU-NCST could go?
If FSU actually plays up to their capability and limits the penalties, they could take this one down to the wire as the NCSU defense is not very good at all, but just not sure if FSU will be able to take advantage of it and put enough points up on the board to win this one. May be worth a shot on my 10 for 10 list though, haven't decided yet.

Some sad news out of Lexington....OLine Coach John Schlarman has lost his battle with Cancer and passed away.....

:(

Last one...Vandy ML +615 BOL
At the risk of being disrespectful in lieu of the news out of Lexington......a few weeks ago Kentucky put forth their most putrid offensive showing in the past several years when OLine Coach Schlarman did not make the trip to Columbia, MO. If they play the game Saturday, then I just simply cannot see their performance being any better. This play on Vandy is not a bad play at all considering the circumstances.

From UK Defensive Coordinator Brad White: "Vanderbilt played a quality game against MSU, White said, moved the ball consistently. Almost 500 yards of offense, balanced between run and pass, just shot themselves in the foot with five turnovers. White is impressed by the young QB's play. "He's grown thru the season. You can really see from the early games until now."

No way UK will match 500yds of offense....our defense has had a couple of games (UT & MSU) where they picked off some passes but if Vandy can clean up some of these TO's then they will get their lone victory of the season at the expense of my Cats.....

Is Gatewood an improvement at QB or is the problem lack of quality receivers? It's been a while since I watched any of a UK game.

At the risk of being disrespectful in lieu of the news out of Lexington......a few weeks ago Kentucky put forth their most putrid offensive showing in the past several years when OLine Coach Schlarman did not make the trip to Columbia, MO. If they play the game Saturday, then I just simply cannot see their performance being any better. This play on Vandy is not a bad play at all considering the circumstances.
I am debating a full ATS play at 17.5 as well as I see this as a 24-13 type of game worst case.

Is Gatewood an improvement at QB or is the problem lack of quality receivers? It's been a while since I watched any of a UK game.
UK's receivers flat-out suck for a upper-tier P5 wannabe....they cannot get separation. In addition, pass-protection has not been giving enough time for bad receivers to get open and the QB to find them......our passing game is awful.

Some sad news out of Lexington....OLine Coach John Schlarman has lost his battle with Cancer and passed away.....

:(

Or...would there be a chance they play inspired in his honor after such a poor performance and after his death? I mean, are the capable or are their bigger issues there?

Or...would there be a chance they play inspired in his honor after such a poor performance and after his death? I mean, are the capable or are their bigger issues there?
I’m just going on what they’ve done in the past. Yeah, one might be able to make an argument they play inspired but they did not do that when Coach Schlarnan could not travel to the Missouri game.

I’m just going on what they’ve done in the past. Yeah, one might be able to make an argument they play inspired but they did not do that when Coach Schlarnan could not travel to the Missouri game.
Right, good point, that would've been an opportunity to play for him too

The whole mood is down in Lexington....even Coach Cal is spreading the mournfulness. I'm not saying that Vandy will win but, what I am saying is, the stage is set for a Vandy win. #1 - This is the worst passing O Vandy has seen all year. #2 - the running offense that UK has leaned on the past 4 years is led by their OLine.....the same OLine that just lost their coach. @s--k brought up a good point above in that UK could go out and play inspired and win one for their coach! But this brings me to #3 - the same OLine was obviously distracted @Mizzou a few weeks ago when their coach could not travel due to his health so we already have at least amount of evidence indicating how they may perform.

Last edited:
In SDQL history, home teams with a 2-4 record vs. opponents with an 0-5 record are 2-4 SU and 0-6 ATS. Active on Kentucky tomorrow....

PS - I wonder how many of the teams in this query were mourning a coach that passed away?

PSS - I'm feeling like I may be on the verge of being disrespectful so this is my last post about this game.

uk-vandy.jpg

Back