223Alabama-23½
224LSU+23½
6:00 PM
137Arkansas+16½
138Florida-16½
6:00 PM
207SMU+2
208Tulsa-2

Ohio State. I am going to assume Rutgers made Ohio State look bad enough that Ryan Day is going to be busting some asses this week and Maryland just got everyone's attention. On the other hand, I think the Buckeye D is suspicious...and is what we have been seeing out of Mary on O the last 2 weeks real vs a team that should be capable and interested?

Nevada will be playing that game vs New Mexico at Sam Boyd Stadium, UNM's adopted home stadium. Nevada hates that place I'm sure having to play rivals UNLV there all those years. New Mexico was in a Henderson NV bubble all last week...and I assume again this week.

Lsu v Alabama total is at 74.5?
How many will Lsu score?
Liking Alabama 1H and 1Q....

Pitt over......Gtech really bad D.....Pitt 5 straight overs

Ole miss and maybe the over?

NC......which team will show up?

If Miami, Ohio is at full strength, that game at Buffalo could be pretty good

I'd lay it with Central and with Western. I didn't see anything to make me think Toledo is that much better than last year.

Army at Tulane is interesting and has been a tight good series
Every. And I mean EVERYTIME I feel like I have to say Tulane sees the option a lot . Every year

And every year they look lost.

Usually save it for Navy tho..

Y’all are way better at this than me on movement

LSU line can’t go higher huh?

IN Tiger Stadium. Could get ugly for sure....

Can it get to a key number?

Khalil Herbert going to be able to play for VT? Leading all-purpose yardage guy in the nation entering last week. He was hurt on opening KO (hamstring).

Came across this...come game time North Texas will not have played in 27 days. UAB would appear to be a bad matchup for them, but so was UAB-LaTech, so I don't know maybe NT has a shot. This sounded intriguing though:

UNT is running thin with its roster this season, a reality that might have actually helped the Mean Green during their extended break.

UNT’s starting offense and defense would typically work against scout teams. The Mean Green haven’t had enough players to put together a scout team at times this fall.
UNT’s starting offense and defense have been forced to work against each other as a result.
The Mean Green are hoping that work will benefit them.
“We’ve put together good weeks and good days,” Littrell said. “Last week was really good overall. We’ll kind of see how that translates on Saturdays. I think it would, but you don’t know until we get out there.”

anyone have any thoughts on the PAC-12 yet?

It's hard without seeing 4 of the teams play yet. Only two games this week involves teams that played last week (Colorado-Stanford, Oregon-Wash State). Oregon State looked like trash, as did UCLA and Colorado looked great...but week-to-week things don't always stay the same.

I think ASU's offense is in a little trouble vs better Ds unless Jayden Daniels is going to keep bailing them out with his running, which he very could. Cal has one of those "better Ds", but then at the same time, I know USC got a ton of yards on Sun Devil D, but I came away generally impressed with ASU D.

Yea I wasn’t sure about that ASU D

I didn't hate it though. They got some pass rush which was a big problem last year. They were good vs the run. They allowed USC a bunch of catches by keeping things in front of them and limiting bigger plays. For 55 minutes they held USC to 14 points. The end of the 4th quarter they broke down so that leaves a lasting impression. Overall I think they are better than last year.

Some rough waters there at FSU. Marvin Wilson seemed from a distance to be trying to hold things together, a real leadership presence.

Terry I assume feels underutilized and doesn't like the direction. Blackmon too has appeared like he has been supportive.

Big losses not just for what it might mean on the field, but reveals something behind the curtain. New coaches and teams clash sometimes when it doesn't get off to a good start.

Some rough waters there at FSU. Marvin Wilson seemed from a distance to be trying to hold things together, a real leadership presence.

Terry I assume feels underutilized and doesn't like the direction. Blackmon too has appeared like he has been supportive.

Big losses not just for what it might mean on the field, but reveals something behind the curtain. New coaches and teams clash sometimes when it doesn't get off to a good start.
Big Marv was the leader of the D for two years straight. Even while injured, you could see him coaching on the sideline.

Terry is a 1-2 rounder. He has nothing more to prove. He is better suited for a pro-style offense and will make a great 2 in the league.

Blackmon has regressed year after year. The O-line hasn't helped him, but he has had above average receivers his entire career. He is inconsistent at best. The swap to a one trick pony (Travis), is proof that he just is not good enough for Div-I football. From all reports he is a very good person. I am sure he'll do well in life, but it won't be football.

What is up with UTAH? I heard they are getting scout team players reps in practice...walk-ons might preparing for meaningful action? Due to covid and tracing. Anyone confirm or know what's up there?

From Salt Lake Tribune:

What’s on my mind, Utah or otherwise​

• Remember I said this as we move towards Saturday night: With Kyle Whittingham indicating multiple times this week that scout-team players and walk-ons are getting ready to play at UCLA, there is a non-zero chance that freshman quarterback Cooper Justice at least travels and dresses Saturday night. When asked during fall camp what would happen if COVID-19 hit the quarterback room, Whittingham said Justice is No. 4, while No. 5 was less clear.

I didn't hate it though. They got some pass rush which was a big problem last year. They were good vs the run. They allowed USC a bunch of catches by keeping things in front of them and limiting bigger plays. For 55 minutes they held USC to 14 points. The end of the 4th quarter they broke down so that leaves a lasting impression. Overall I think they are better than last year.

I was way more concerned about their pass protection as usc lived in their backfield. That was gonna push me to play cal but thst game not happening now, Fuckin Rona

Tomorrow is Marshall's '75' game, the 50th anniversary to the day of the plane crash carrying the 1970 Marshall football team.

Two of South Alabama's best OL RG Jacob Shoemaker and RT Connor Estes out tomorrow (covid)

And covid outbreak in the ULL Band! - no ULL band at the game tomorrow!

Stanford QB Davis Mills and WR Connor Wedington are available this week after a false positive kept them out of the Oregon game and in quarantine this week missing practice.

Tree is also getting back key starters OLB Gabe Reid and CB Kyu Blu Kelly who were out for Oregon. Kelly is among the top CBs in the PAC 12 and Reid led the D with 9 TFLs last year.

ILB Ricky Miezon was injured vs Ducks and will miss extended time.

Big Marv was the leader of the D for two years straight. Even while injured, you could see him coaching on the sideline.

Terry is a 1-2 rounder. He has nothing more to prove. He is better suited for a pro-style offense and will make a great 2 in the league.

Blackmon has regressed year after year. The O-line hasn't helped him, but he has had above average receivers his entire career. He is inconsistent at best. The swap to a one trick pony (Travis), is proof that he just is not good enough for Div-I football. From all reports he is a very good person. I am sure he'll do well in life, but it won't be football.
Where did Francois go? Dude could play but got eaten alive by Bama and then think he blew out his knee. Did he end up transferring?

It appears FSU will be playing some freshman at QB, as Travis is rumored to be out. IDK if Purdy is available. If so, we’ll get a glimpse of the future of QB for the Noles. Hope he doesn’t get killed.

Back