Week 11 DFS/Props Discussion

ScopeY

Pretty much a regular
Tonight's Summary

NEP/ATL

NEP DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, good vs RB D.
ATL DVOA Matchup is meh vs RB D, bad vs P D.
Pace of play is 5th highest. O/U is in the middle of the pack.
Mac has the 3rd best ASR matchup.
Da. Harris? has the 8th best ALY push. Gallman? has the 7th worst ALY push.

Like always, player errors may be listed below, and possible missed injuries, as I tend to update that sunday morning.... but please share if you see it!... quick summaries.

HOU/TEN

HOU DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, meh vs P D.
TEN DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, meh vs P D.
Pace of play is T-12th worst (out of 15), O/U is T-10th with 3 others (so only 3 o/u's below, and only 2 pts higher than the bottom)
Tanny is T4-th worst ASR Matchup. Taylor? has the 3rd worst ASR matchup.
Da. Johnson? has the T10th worst ALY push, T-8th of main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, I would attack this game from a one-off perspective and that would be either peterson or foreman ....... maybe aj brown/cooks. The pace is too slow, and the running game has a positive DVOA matchup, in a low o/u....but it's a big spread, and tennesse has quietly the 4th highest TTotal of the main slate, so they could be underowned, although the backs should be pretty cheap so idk about that.

BAL/CHI

BAL DVOA Matchup is good vs P/RB D.
CHI DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, meh vs RB D.
Pace of play is 15th (dead last), O/U is same as above game.
Fields has the T-7th worst ASR matchup. Lamar has the worst ASR matchup. (I know mack is out though)
La. Murray? has the T10th best ALY matchup, 8th of main slate. Montgomery? has the 3rd worst ALY matchup, 2nd of main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, I want to avoid this game bigly. Lamar is always viable, but probably not at his price, with this kind of game ahead. We know we don't watch anything to do with there backfield ever either.... but I guess there are less mouths to feed than ever before (lol). Arob is out, and I don't hate the idea of one-offing Kmet over Mooney. I have to assume its a pretty low salary (Although not bottom). Baltimore has been susceptible to a home run hit or two though.... so if mass entering... maybe do 1 fields with mooney (or whomever), and 1 lamar with a ma.brown (or whomever/bateman)... again not fully on board though, but I get it.

I guess balty D can be used as they kind of tap both a positive ASR and ALY matchup, but there are others that look better that I'll mention later. Assuming BAL more expensive too.

MIA/NYJ

MIA DVOA Matchup is great vs P/RB D.
NYJ DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, meh vs RB D.
Pace of play is 4th. O/U is just like the 2 above.
Tua has the 10th worst ASR matchup.
Carter? has the 2nd worst ALY matchup, 1st of the main slate. Gaskin has the 9th worst ALY matchup, 7th of main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, I feel like I say this every week with miami, but the pace of play in their games tends to be faster than others. I want to point out that they're the 4th fastest pace, but its the 2nd fastest of the main slate.... as the 2nd/3rd/5th fastest paces all belong to the primetime games. So I have interest here in miami team stacks, and mayeb game stacks with a jets bring back. Hoping this game gets overlooked, but we get a plus matchup, and low price point players (I'm guessing). Hard to pass up.

NOS/PHI

NOS DVOA Matchup is good vs P/RB D.
PHI DVOA Matchup is meh vs P D, and bad vs RB D.
Pace of play is T-8th for the week. O/U is dead last.
Hurts has the T-8th best ASR matchup, T-6 of main slate.
Ingram? has the 5th best ALY matchup, 4th of main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, I think this game will be overlooked, but I don't hate one-offs. Ingram probably comes cheap, and/or a devonte smith type... not sure yet, I don't want overexposure here, but don't mind looking here if I need to fill a position.

IND/BUF

IND DVOA Matchup is bad vs P/RB D.
BUF DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, bad vs RB D.
Pace of play is 10th. Yet O/U is 10th, Bills have 2nd highest TT.
Allen has the 2nd best ASR matchup. Wentz has the 10th best, 8th of main slate.
Moss? has the 7th best ALY matchup, 6th of main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, 2nd highest team total, a good dvoa matchup, a great ASR matchup, a dual threat, a backfield we not only don't want to touch, but have a bad dvoa matchup. Allen with pass catchers should always be considered, but definitely here too as a leverage/pivot to the more popular game that we will see in the afternoon. Colts claim they want to give taylor more touches, and the guy is a machine (for my fantasy team(s) too) but I think we could pass on him here, I'd rather bring back with a catcher if anything. Maybe hines? if he's cheap enough.

DET/CLV

DET DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, meh vs RB D.
CLV DVOA Matchup is great vs P/RB D.
Pace of play is T-12th (out of 15). O/U is 1 up from the bottom. But don't ingore the big spread, CLV TT is 3rd highest.
Goffs backup has the T-4th worst ASR matchup.
Chubb? has the 3rd best ALY matchup, 2nd of main slate. Swift? has the 4th worst ALY matchup, 3rd of main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, I think you have to consider Chubb as almost a lock and loaded play. You coulddd bring it back as a mini game stack with a lions player and/or clv DEF. I can see a scenario that swift can actually be optimal too with a TD, and a high involvement in the passing game, but I don't know if I can chase the salary (assuming its with the higher mid range tier. Nobody will be on Hock after his goose egg, and no goff, possible big leverage there, assuming a suppressed salary too.

More later!!

GBP/MIN

GBP DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, bad vs P D.
MIN DVOA Matchup is good vs RB D, bad vs P D.
Pace of play is ranked 11th, T-4th highest O/U of main slate. Tight spread, middle of the pack team totals.
Rodgers T-7th for worst ASR matchup. Cousins is T-4th, T-3rd of main slate for best ASR matchup.
Dillon has the 2nd best ALY matchup, 1st of the main slate. Cook has T-8th best ALY matchup, 7th best of main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, you have to weigh how much exposure you want to dillon.... I think you have to have a core of him, but maybe consider some same salary range pivots if multi entering. I know it's a tough DVOA matchup, but a jefferson could be extremely low owned option idea (he was sub 5% last week....) It's a tight game, ok O/U, everyone will be looking at both backs. Cousins should be well protected.

WAS/CAR

WAS DVOA Matchup is good vs RB D, bad vs P D.
CAR DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, bad vs RB D.
Pace of play is T-8th fastest (T-5th for main slate). O/U is tied for 2nd to last. (as of yesterday night)
Newton has the 9th worst ASR matchup. Heinickie has the T-4th worst matchup.
Gibson has the 5th worst ALY matchup, 4th of the main slate. CMC has the T-10th worst ALY matchup, T-8th of main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, probably leave this game off entirely in terms of offensive weapons... if you want to take gibson at<1% ownership, with the hopes they play with a lead throughout, you could get away with it. He has some TD equity, but I like carolina defense may be more viable. CMC's health issues concern me, and newton could vulture some TDs from the backfield too. I think I'd rather one-off a WR hoping for a homerun hit vs these seasons surprise shoddy defense. Overall, not to much exposure here.

SFO/JAC

SFO DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, bad vs RB D.
JAC DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, bad vs RB D.
Pace of play is 6th (3rd fastest of main slate). O/U is 6th for the main slate, and a touch below the top 5 (good for under the radar)
Lawrence has the 4th best ASR matchup, 3rd of main slate. Garop has the 6th best ASR matchup, 5th of main slate.
Wilson? has the 8th worst ALY matchup, 6th worst of the main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, I love the middle of the road O/U that kind of disguises the pace of this game, and the lack of expected RB success. Pair that with above average QB scenarios, cheap price points, and this could be a good mini game/team stack (for both sides wrs/qbs) to pair with the expensive of the monster game later (KCC/DAL), and the high team total teams like BUF/CLV/TEN - etc.

CIN/LVR

CIN DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, meh vs RB D.
LVR DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, meh vs RB D.
Pace of play is 14th (out of 15), yet O/U is 2nd highest.
Mixon has the 6th best ALY matchup, 5th of main slate. Jacobs? has the 6th worst, 5th of main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, I'm not entirely sure what I want to do here. I think mixon will be overowned, and it makes me want to stay away... but if he will be ignored, maybe its a good leverage spot. The high O/U in this game should be respected, but I hate the pace, and I have to think there are better players in the price range of these players that are in better spots. I think I'll leave it to one-offs... I know chase is slate breaking, but I'm willing to bet that higgin's number are still very respectably close to his, and he is so shadowed by it (and probably cheaper). I guess waller could be an extremely low owned pivot due to most wanting to punt at TE, and if paying up, there is kelce/kittle who will be selected first. (I do like the other 2 too though --- esp. kittle)

ARI/SEA

ARI DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, and meh vs RB D.
SEA DVOA Matchup is bad vs P/RB D.
Pace of play is 7th (4th of main slate). O/U is T-4th of main slate.
Wilson has the 2nd worst ASR matchup. Murray (was there an update?---haven't looked at any of that yet) has the T-8th best ASR matchup, T-6th for main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, I'll probably stay away... but the pace and the total are respectable. Most will hate the shaky offenses these teams have displayed past weeks, but if murray suits up, it wasn't to long ago where people auto locked him, even naked. He will completely be overlooked in a really good spot. I'd probably keep this to one-offs at best, but wouldn't be shocked to have a sleeper candidate/milly maker in this game.

DAL/KCC

DAL DVOA Matchup is great vs P/RB D.
KC DVOA Matchup is good vs RB D, bad vs P D.
Pace of play is #1. O/U is #1 by almost a TD more than #2.
Dak has the best ASR matchup.
Zeke has the 4th best ALY matchup, 3rd of main slate. Dar. Will? has the T-10th best ALY matchup, T-8th of main slate.

Without looking at snaps/salaries/etc. yet, but how do we avoid this game? Everyone and there mother will be starting here and branching from there. That's the only excuse I have for you to pivot, or maybe one-off and hope you predict the right player. This may be the first massive teamstack that wins the milly maker this year (but I feel like that was just a no fans in the stands era in DFS) as this is the first massive game all stars are aligning time of situation. The best part is not having cooper helps eliminate some target volume, and should see boosts to lamb (as well as a bit to gallup/schultz/zeke, and maybe a wilson type?). I think Dar. Williams could prove to be a better option that the pass catchers, and he has been invovled more in the passing game (from my recollection) but come on, the slate breakers are the juggs in hill/kelce --- those may be the only 3 I consider from the KC side. But I get why taking a shot on the cheap WR options can be a spot for huge leverage, and allow you to take the expensive mosnters from other games. (aka Gallup+Diggs over Lamb+X). Either way, you start or end here 95 times out of 100 this week.

the night slate of ncaa fb is so awful im gonna get started on nfl now since i havnt looked at all yet, lol.. hoping i can just find 2-3-4 props i freaking love instead of doing like normal and betting more than i should!!!

before looking i have this hunch the ravens/bears could be a kinda exciting game that plays way over the total,, am i crazy or is there merit? dont think either d what it been in previous years and i kinda think we might get a little show between Lamar and Fields!! of course Nagy could ruin that and just run into ravens front 3x then punt!! lol..

i dont think hollywood brown is playing, saw bottom of screen early said he was downgraded to doubtful. bateman could step up..

lot of qbs have lit ravens up but always scared bears will simply run their backs into a stout front over and over instead of open up and play the modern game. id love to call plays and have some fields/mooney/kmet

i dunno how ya dont take the points with the colts? wentz will prob do something stupid that cost them the game but i think they will also be better in the red zone than they were in the playoff game last year where they couldnt punch any trips in!! maybe not, after all bills red zone d best in league and colts near bottom offensively, just feel like they be better this time, but of course wentz will make a really bad mistake to cost them game, should cover tho.

1PM props for me... some others I like but wont go overboard or didn't see.

D. Swift Rec Yds O37.5 -110
AJ Brown Rec Yds O76.5 -115
G. Kittle Rec Yds O62.5 -115
M. Ingram Rush&Rec Yds O87.5 -115
C. Kmet Rec Yds O38.5 -110
J. Waddle Receptions O5.5 -120

Some of these lines have moved a big (better and worse)

so here what bets i ended up with today on the prop side:

Wentz over 219.5 passing yards... this number stupid low imo, i guess we getting this just cause bills passing defense appears great, not to take anything away from them but the list of QBs they are shutting down isnt impressive at all! Wentz will most likely make a terrible pass or decision (or 2) that cost them the game but i dont see there being much chance he doesnt throw for around 250!!!

Anytime td scorers:

Cook -125....
line screams to me vikings have a shot to win this game, i cant trust cousins to actually win but long as vikings competitive gotta think that means cook finds the endzone at some point..

mixon -120.. he been really good on the ground and thru the air, raiders not stopping both and what i expect a high scoring game gotta bet on the bungals player who scores the most tds for them against a raiders defense that has not been good defending backs on ground or in passing game.

harris -120.... Another week another rb im using to fade the chargers defensive philosophy that it smart to let teams gash you in the run game!! Tomlin gotta be licking his chops to be able to hand off 30+ times in this game and not have much resistance!! For some reason i couldnt find a Harris rushing yard prop which pissed me off, hoping it will come up at some point before the night game..

passing tds:

Allen ov 1.5 -195..
strictly a parlay partner as too much juice to play straight, think it pretty safe tho,colts dont allow many rushing tds and bills not all that good at running the ball in anyways, seems like a perfect combo..

Burrow ov1.5 -165... Obviously i think we gonna see a higher scoring game in Vegas! in a perfect world Borrow will throw one of these to Mixon! Either way i think there enough tds to go around in this one as Bungals should bounce back and score 30ish this week.

Wilson ov1.5 -115... Not ready to write off the seachickens, expect Russ will be better this week and plays out his mind to get a win they have to have for any chance of this season being a success.,.

Wentz ov1.5 +150.... This one all bout price and the fact i think bills pass d is a tad overrated at this point, i dont think colts gonna be able to line up and pound Taylor this week so that means wentz gonna have to be good for them to have a chance in this game.

rush and receiving yards:

Bateman over 49.5
cook ov 82.5

shit guys, i didnt realize we were so close to kickoff, when i heard tv ppl say it was time for games i just hurried up and finished lol..

i know Lamar out, i dont think it hurts Bateman, actually dropped his total from 50s to 49.5, might even help as lamar could have potentially ran a bunch, the guy playing now isnt gonna do that so Bateman should be his go to go on the outside..

J Jefferson 3%~ ownership beast!!, back2back weeks.

Not sure if I'll be around later....

PIT/LAC

PIT DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, bad vs P D.
LAC DVOA Matchup is good vs RB D, and meh vs P D.
Pace of play is 2nd fastest. O/U T-5th.

Wow, firrst time both teams ASR and ALY matchups are not in the top or bottom 10.

Pit D will be without watt, haded/fitzpatrick, loudermilk. I'd like to think they'll have a tough time contain LA here.
Lac D will be without 2 DT's that started last week and a safety.

People's perception of these defenses, and not realzing the expected pace... and I think it can be higher scoring. Lean chargers (so does my survivor pick). But I expect points.

Last nights over was money honey.

NYG/TBB

NYG DVOA Matchup is meh vs P D, and bad vs RB D.
TBB DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, meh vs P D.
Pace of play is 3rd, O/U T-3rd.
Brady is 7th best ASR matchup.
Fournette has the best ALY matchup of the week. Booker? has the worst ALY matchup of the week.

I like fournette for DFS purposes, but I also need him to do worse than Toney for year long fantasy purposes.. ugh.

Giants will be missing logan ryan on defense ----- shepard on offense, unaware yet of barkley/booker
Bucs are most likely missing atleast 1, maybe both, of their nose tackles... Now I still don't want to back either of the giants backs, but maybe that will give Jones some more time in the pocket as well.

I think I'd limit the tampa side to

fourenette + pass catcher
Fournete + brady/pass catcher
Fournette + brady/2 pass catchers.

I think I'll be more in on jones/giants pass catcher than anything else. If both backs are active may present some leverage though with the nose tsckles possibly being out

Only thing I played was Evans to score a td at -110. My only real concern is Gronk coming back amd hogging the tds but bucs outta score 3 at least, Evans as good a bet to get one as anybody I think. I prefer rbs on these td props but don’t like any of them all that much here, both defenses fairly stingy keeping backs from scoring.

Back