Week 11 CFB Plays

Timh

CTG Psychiatrist - Dr. Tim
2006 Record
Sides and Totals 47-24-2, +30.16 units
ML 10-3, +11.83 units
Total +41.99 units

Didn't have a chance to post much last week, as I was out of town fishing and stuck on the on ramp to the internet highway. Back at it this week with a couple plays I like.

Alabama +18 -107 2.14/2 - The Tide have encountered major problems trying to convert inside the red zone this season with 43 trips and only 15 touchdowns. It's ironic because their defense has been good in the takeaway dept. all year (+13 TO ratio overall) but they just have squandered a lot of shortfield opportunities. The other problem has been the lack of a pass rush (only 9 sacks). I think this team is better than the results they have generated on the field and they hit bottom last week losing at home to Missy State. Bama has a solid defense and doesn't turn the ball over. They haven't given up over 28 pts. all year and I think they have a very good chance to cover here if they can put up 7 to 10 points. LSU has been known to turn it over a little bit and this could be just what Bama needs to hang around.

MD -3 -110 2.2/2 - I'll be the first to admit that this is really a down year for the ACC, but someone has to take advantage of it and so far MD has. I was pleased that Ralph opened up the offense last week with some more play action on the early downs. Hollenbach had a nice game against Clemson and really managed the game well overall. I was very encouraged by the pass protection he got from the OL against Clemson who really gave him time to throw and make some plays in the passing game. I think this is a tough spot for Miami with all the tragic distractions they have endured this week with Pata's death. I just don't know how they can be ready to play and think emotion will only take them so far not to mention an inexperienced QB. MD is improving defensively and their special teams have been excellent. I think they have enough momentum and confidence here to get it done.

Iowa ML +108 1/1.08 - No Stocco for Wisconsin means Iowa can sell out to stop the run and make first time starter Donovan beat them through the air. Iowa layed an embarassing turd last week at home vs. NW and I expect it hasn't been the easiest week of practice. Ferentz has good luck vs. Wisconsin (4 straight wins) and I think the Hawkeyes show up and play tough in this one.

Navy -14 -110 3.3/3 - Navy QB Kaipo Enhada has had a couple of weeks now to get a lot of reps running the option after Hampton went down with the knee injury. He seems to be improving markedly and Navy rushed for over 400 yards again last week. I can't see EM having much luck trying to stop this option and don't think they have the consistency in the passing game to take full advantage of Navy's secondary.

GL on the action this week :cheers:

T,
Doesnt anything scare you with that Bama line? I am weary thats its to easy. What do you think?

Like your card and your record.

:cheers:

Thanks fellas.

Trout - I just think Bama is getting no respect here at all. I like John Parker Wilson and think if they can get a little running game going that will help him quite a bit. This Bama defense has played very well overall but needs to generate more of a pass rush. Kines has been reluctant to blitz much this year.

Darby seems to be healthy, the other backs don't...

LSU still doesn't run it very good and I think Bama is the best live dog in the country it seems, esp on the road..

The get the cash the majority of the time..

I've been looking at this one trying to gauge player's attitude off the Miss St debacle and I think it's fine..

I like the play Timh.

Jump thanks, it sure does look like a shit load of points for a team that takes care of the ball and has really played very well defensively all year. LSU ought to be good for a couple of TO's. I really like my chances if Bama can hang 7-10 on the board.

With you big on Bama and Navy. Leaning heavily to Iowa, and while I'd like to see your Terps win, I don't want to bet against the U in this spot. I think they come out fired up to try and win for Pata (R.I.P.).

BOL this week Tim.

Bama normally plays LSU tough at home

LSU has an absurd PF vs PA at home this year
this is due to level of competition

This is by far the most SEC DD pointspreads I have seen in one season

Added a couple of teasers.....

FSU -2.5, Wisc under 44 2.2/2
FSU -2.5, USC -2.5 2.2/2

Fade - was hoping to hear from you today. This line just seems ridiculous to me. What's the word in Bama on Shula? I would imagine everyone was really pissed off this week. Meant to check a couple papers down there but never got to it this week.

Back