posted sides: 52-44-1
totals: 10-6-1
ml dogs: 2-4
1h sides: 1-1
1h totals: 0-1
teasers: 4-11
overall: +.08u

13-4 +12.30 units last week; back on the positive side for the season, barely

played the Cats this morning at Bookmaker..

This is a MUST WIN with the Dawgs and Vols right around the corner..

Kentucky -3 -110 (2u)

Pretty good news on the injury front, offensively...

Brooks stated yesterday that Rafael Little will start Saturday @ Vandy. He's practicing at 100%, but his conditioning probably isn't quite up to 100%. RB Tony Dixon worked out a couple days ago and that ankle flared up on him, so he's listed as questionable. WR Keenan Burton WILL start Saturday... here are some quotes from Burton

.......................................................................................................

On having a bye week…
“It gave us a chance to get back in the field and be fresh. We have had the opportunity to put everything in perspective and get ready for this big game against Vanderbilt. We are back to business and we have been working on getting back to the basics. It is time for us to start taking one game at a time and we are doing that.”

On his injuries….
“I feel good and excited. No one can tell me anything in practice this week about my injuries. I’m ready to go. I’m just excited to be back on the field and feeling healthy. I don’t know how many reps I will get in practice in this week because I am getting back into the swing of things. I am feeling really good and just enjoying it now and feeling 100 percent is the best news to me.”

On playing Vanderbilt…
“They will definitely be fired up for us. We will be fighting, too. Just because we have six wins does not guarantee us a bowl game. So, what they are going through trying to get to a bowl game is the same thing we are going through here at Kentucky.”

On his health…
“I practiced yesterday and I am getting used to cutting and all. I was a little tentative at first so I got on the turf because of the harder surface to see what I could do and I did pretty well. I’m excited because I’m healthier than I have been for a while.”

.......................................................................................................

Vandy needs one more win to become bowl eligible for the first time since '82. Cats are very aware that six wins may not do the trick in terms of getting them into a bowl, even though they're eligible. This game is just as big for the Cats in terms of keeping their fan base interested with hoops rolling in and deeming this year a successful one. They cannot afford to lose their third straight, especially with UGA and UT around the corner. I am excited about having the leader of this team back out on the field in Burton. Little and Burton will provide that senior leadership we lacked when we were pinned up against the wall at home the week before last. Vandy runs two qb's out there who can both run and pass, which will give our defense fits. We really struggled against Nickson last year with the option and run, so me thinks we'll be seeing a good ole shootout. Vandy possesses one of the best WR's in the nation in Earl Bennett - kid is a freak. On the other side of the ball Vandy has been more than impressive this year and they'll bring all kinds of pressure and blitz packages at our front. The defensive unit has carried them all year. There isn't a defense that has slowed us yet when we're healthy on offense, so I'm not worried about getting our points Saturday. The bye week was HUGE for us. We really needed a week to freshen up and refocus - couldn't have come at a better time imo. Cats look to defeat Vandy for the 4th consecutive time - we should see a great game Saturday..

Last edited:
first bet of the new week with the local...

CMU -3 (2u)

hopefully the Chips get their first win since '93 in Waldo Stadium...... they'll have to do it in some wicked conditions

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Thanks D, Timmy & P-Dub

Ohio U -2.5 -110 (1u) Line is currently at 2.5 @ BM after sitting at 3-3.5 for the past several days, so I played it. The Zips give up 188.6 on the ground p/g and tailback Kalvin McCrae has had his way lately against opponents for the Bobcats. Ohio thrives on their ground attack and you can be assured McCrae is gonna get his. Zips are also allowing teams to convert 88% in the redzone. Neither team has been impressive defensively, but the Bobcats create more turnovers, get to the qb more often, and are coming off their best performance of the year defensively against Temple (haha). Akron should also fair well on the ground against the Bobcats rush D. I just think McCrae imposes his will all night - these teams are going in opposite directions imo.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

On Ohio with ya grind.

As far as UK goes, I agree very much and you present some great info. I will likely be on this side of things. GL

Leans for Saturday

Washington State -11
Stanford was a great underdog play in the first half of the season, but now it appears they are spiraling downward. They withstood the injury to their first tailback, but when RB #2 went down, the offense has become pretty much one-dimensional. The Card have been efficient through the air, but when a team becomes one-dimensional and lacks that balance offensively, it allows your opponent key-in on ya during weekly preparation. Stanford has compiled 15 points their L2 games and they have no blockers, as they have become very soft inside. Wazzou allowed only one sack last week against Cal with Brink throwing it around all night. Brink has been receiving great protection lately which has steered this team to second in the league in passing. Defensively, since switching to the 3-4, Wazzou has shown a steady improvement. LB Andy Mattingly has recorded seven sacks over the last four games in this scheme. I expect Wazzou to take care of business Saturday at home

Wazzou looks good...stanford could prolly care a less now since they knocked off usc and made their season that night...i'll prolly be laying the wood on this one too. GL mah man

good deal Weezy

Michigan -2.5
If Wisky was full-strength, I prolly wouldn't consider this play at all. Though highly doubtful, even if Hill suits up near gametime, he won't be anywhere near 100%. Lance Smith is set to receive the carries off his suspension and is capable of taking most the load with the true freshman spelling him at times. Too many key injuries other than Hill not to ignore... Top defensive tackle Jason Chapman is out, which will likely open up more holes for Hart to run through. Losing Langford for the year in that secondary will open up the big play factor in hitting Manningham or Arrington downfield. IKE is a stud, but he can't cover both those guys. Mario has burned Wisconsin during his career. Not really sure of guard Andy Kemp's status as of right now for Wis, but he's said to be questionable with the hand injury. WR Swan was a huge loss a few weeks back and the primary target is now Beckum. Henne and Hart came back for the Roses. Sure they're looking ahead to the Buckeyes, but they still have an outside shot at the Roses and I think they'll hand Wisky their first L at home.. I bet against this team at Illy, and I won't bet against them again.

Lets get it bro

brian-brohm%20(48).jpg

got +17.5 (2u)

I absolutely love Kentucky this week, even though Vandy always plays the Cats tough I just see them responding after the bye with maximum effort. A loss here spells what could be 5 straight losses to end the season. Could be an extremely large play for me on Saturday, looks like you got the best of the number but won't mind laying 3.5.

Wanna check Michigan's injury status for this one because I didn't get to see last weeks game but right now I definately lean that way.

Really like BC this week in a bounce back spot though and will be on Indiana/NW over 61 think thats about 7 points too low.

GL this week though

Wanted to get the Cats in early.. figured my guy will have to drive his line up with all the one-sided action he'll get around here...more than likely joining you on BC depending on how things shake out early..

I'll check in with ya sometime this afternoon - we got a lot on our plate to sort through with baskets

through local @ 110 unless stated otherwise

IU/NW OVER 61
(1u)
Michigan -3 (2u)
USF -18.5 (1u)
Missouri -19 (1u)
Tenny -1 (1u)
Messy St. +3.5 (1u)

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">2u each

Arizona St. -7
Cincinnati -7
Auburn +2
Washington St. -11
East Carolina -7
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2u on each side; 1u on the total

Miami Fla -3 -120
Boston College -6.5
Oklahoma St. +6
Florida -7/OVER 58
UCF -20.5
USC -4
Washington +4

That's it for the week.

10-12-1 -6.50u for the week :hang:

Last edited: