Week 11 BIG thread

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Let's go. Who you guys got this week? Anyone mailing it in? Who needs to win for bowl eligibility? What the hell happened to Illinois? Fire up

Indiana @ Ohio State-Should be a bloodbath, guess depending on the weather. Got to imagine Day will try to get that run game going again, got to in November, crunch time. tix going for 42.

Purdue @ Illinois-tix going for 12.00 bucks. I feel like I don't know who Illinois is anymore. Purdue got had by a good Iowa D.

Rutgers @ Michigan State-tix going for 11 bucks. Should be a battle but Rutgers just isn't there on offense yet.

Nebraska @ Michigan-tix going for 51. Nebraska backup qbs, not ideal for a road game here for them. Don't see Michigan giving up anymore than 10-14.

Maryland @Penn State-tix going for 39. Should be some points from both sides.

Wisconsin @ Iowa-tix for 51. Same old question, can Iowa score?

Northwestern @Minnesota-tix for 13...no clue.

Last edited:
What the hell happened to Illinois

How about that clock management by Michigan State? Illinois no timeouts, MSU killing final 2+ maybe 3min I think. Run, run, delay of game, then pass and it's incomplete and stops the clock with like 1:10 or something. Then they miss a FG that would've put them up by 11 and give Illinois a shot and it actually got a little interesting. Illinois was able to drive down to maybe the 25-ish, they had a first down, which would've stopped the clock with a couple seconds maybe around the 15-ish, but the receiver ran backwards and was tackled behind the line to gain and the clock ran out. If ILL had tied that game and if they ultimately would've been able to win, Coach Tucker, you'd have some explaining to do

On mobile, so few cliff notes...

Rutgers well coached as always. I don't think they were happy about UM resting guys.

Minter the best 2h adjustments guy in the country right now.

Michigan guys gotta catch passes. Way too many drops. Inexcusable.

That was the worst STs play you'll see out of Mich. Good game to get that over with.

How about that clock management by Michigan State? Illinois no timeouts, MSU killing final 2+ maybe 3min I think. Run, run, delay of game, then pass and it's incomplete and stops the clock with like 1:10 or something. Then they miss a FG that would've put them up by 11 and give Illinois a shot and it actually got a little interesting. Illinois was able to drive down to maybe the 25-ish, they had a first down, which would've stopped the clock with a couple seconds maybe around the 15-ish, but the receiver ran backwards and was tackled behind the line to gain and the clock ran out. If ILL had tied that game and if they ultimately would've been able to win, Coach Tucker, you'd have some explaining to do

That clock management was ridddddiiiculous. I literally thought the game was over, and nope.

On mobile, so few cliff notes...

Rutgers well coached as always. I don't think they were happy about UM resting guys.

Minter the best 2h adjustments guy in the country right now.

Michigan guys gotta catch passes. Way too many drops. Inexcusable.

That was the worst STs play you'll see out of Mich. Good game to get that over with.

Agree with all. Michigan just shows they crush your soul every week in the second half. A very very good second half team. 3-5 years ago, I would have said the opposite.

Props to MSU getting up for this game.

Early pick, some Illini success I thought this was gonna be a 31-7 type game.

Nope.

They have a chance at a bowl now. Big, big win.

Props to MSU getting up for this game.

Early pick, some Illini success I thought this was gonna be a 31-7 type game.

Nope.

They have a chance at a bowl now. Big, big win.

Was very impressed with MSU coaching to get them ready for the game. Didn't think they had it in them one iota. Good job Tucker and co.

Well, I'd say that Cades UM career is officially over now.

At one point, seemed like he'd be back by MSU game as backup.

Bummer for him, and could really use a backup after all the hits JJ took at Rutgers.

1668009590475.png

Cade in Lincoln next year, maybe? I'm not really sold on CT.

Nebraska down a starting safety due to a DUI this weekend. Nebraska basically hasn't subbed at all at either safety position all year long. Remaining safety is too small. I'm expecting an absolute bloodbath.

If Purdy starts, I'm going to watch other games. He is absolutely horrific. Staying with him for three qtrs cost us the game.

Cade in Lincoln next year, maybe? I'm not really sold on CT.

Nebraska down a starting safety due to a DUI this weekend. Nebraska basically hasn't subbed at all at either safety position all year long. Remaining safety is too small. I'm expecting an absolute bloodbath.

If Purdy starts, I'm going to watch other games. He is absolutely horrific. Staying with him for three qtrs cost us the game.
Would not be surprised if he went elsewhere in the conference.

Fwiw, 72 and Sunny here tomorrow. Then the front comes in ... Colder than a witches tit on Saturday. Windy too.

Don't be surprised with a lighter workload for Blake this game.

I doubt JJ runs much. He got beat up a bit last weekend.

Several guys who sat last week should be back. I'll update once a solid list is mentioned.

Quick hitters for this week... Working one handed for a few days so very abbreviated...

Check weather thread. This summerish weather will be fading off the next few days. Wind might be a factor. Obviously a lot cooler. True November B16 football. No night games either, which is nice...

Bucks host Indy. There is no Penix to keep this fun. You gotta figure they want CJ to get 400 with 3-5 tuddy's. He's had a few stinkers stat wise he needs to make up for. Hoosier secondary is not good. Definitely looking at TTs here, weather dependant....laying 40.5 a bit much though in my mind...

Michigan will score, and obviously if Chubba is the answer the other way, this gets ugly. Good TT game right here, again, waiting till closer to game time...

Illinois has to get up off the mat after the upset last week. They get a Purdue team that has slowed down lately... Waiting on @PaintCrew before looking much more ...

Big trophy game up in East Landfill as the Spartans host Rutgers. This game has much more meaning for MSU now with the chance of a bowl game within sight after last week's big road win. Rutgers will play hard as always, but I'm almost inclined to have MSU in a bet here. Two weeks ago, this was setting up as a very depressing matchup. Sparty looking to keep The Situation Trophy at home for a 2nd year in a row...

Is the Maryland swoon happening? Penn State has played very well since the jail sexing in Ann Arbor. Total is pretty high here imo, but getting involved in Maryland totals of any kind is just a slow death....

Northwestern got off the mat and made things semi interesting last week vs OSU. I can't imagine they have much fight left. Minnesota should slow roll this team into a 20- point loss, ala the Rutgers game..
Definitely looking into Minny bets...

Two teams playing much better than 3 weeks ago meet in Kinnick. I was slightly surprised that Wisky was laying a slight tariff. This should be a classic Big ten game, a true VK special. No clue bet wise here ...

That's it for now ...

Leans to..

OSU TTs
Mich TTs
Minnesota
Michigan State in some shape or form.

Decisions later in the week ...

Curious to see how mich and osu will push the scoring over these next 3 weeks. At this point I don't think there's a huge incentive for either team to go nuts with it. Getting/staying healthy might be a bigger priority.

Feel free to laugh at this post when both teams hang 70+ this weekend.

Curious to see how mich and osu will push the scoring over these next 3 weeks. At this point I don't think there's a huge incentive for either team to go nuts with it. Getting/staying healthy might be a bigger priority.

In OSUs case, they have actively been pushing Stroud for Heisman. He's been passing in the 4th up 6 TDs etc...so, we'll see...

In the bigger picture, I don't see either trying to do what Tennessee will to end this month #StylePoints

Vibes aren't good in WL in particular on the defensive side of the ball. Secondary is on fumes due to injuries and a little bit of behind the scenes stuff including a departure from the program all together by a starter (Jefferson).

Brohm has rallied teams before to my financial demise (see Tenny Bowl game last year without Bell or Karlaftis) but I've already laid 6.5 with Illinois due to the above along with temps around 30 degrees to likely go with a good breeze (15 mph or so). Purdue's O is very much precision passing and i'm comfortable can move it with AOC back there against anyone in good weather but it changes dramatically with weather like last week and what looks to be this upcoming saturday (albeit not nearly as impactful as last week).

Illinois went down but still really dominated that game in the rain and wind against Sparty. As a purdue alum I'm a bit worried they are about to lose this defense from an effort stand point and that won't bode well against Chase Brown running it about 40 times.

Last edited:
With that being said though somehow if Purdue does win this they are right there to win the west and 2 games against the dregs of the B1G left after this one so they do still have everything to play for.....

A lot of UCLA people have been banging on Michigan this week related to the rankings and how Bruin's non-conference schedule is weak this year.

Why would Michigan want to drop UCLA in 2022 and add UConn? When the announcement was made in 2019 to drop UCLA, Michigan already had Hawaii and CSU scheduled weeks 1 & 2.

I think I remember you guys talking about this before.

A LOT of chatter this morning about Deion going to Nebraska. It would blow my mind, and I certainly can’t imagine it, but some decent sources indicating there’s some legs to it.

Odd news...

Rutgers fans decided this week (Rutgers forums) that Michigan has the nicest fans amongst visitors (not the interesting part) and that Nebraska has the worst.

I need to find the thread, pretty funny, and pretty unbelievable.

A lot of UCLA people have been banging on Michigan this week related to the rankings and how Bruin's non-conference schedule is weak this year.

Why would Michigan want to drop UCLA in 2022 and add UConn? When the announcement was made in 2019 to drop UCLA, Michigan already had Hawaii and CSU scheduled weeks 1 & 2.

I think I remember you guys talking about this before.
Dollars and cents is all.

Michigan wants a certain amount of home games each year (7 or 8). Six is not enough for them. This is a money thing, that's all. The road comeback game would have left next year short on home games.

Dollars and cents is all.

Michigan wants a certain amount of home games each year (7 or 8). Six is not enough for them. This is a money thing, that's all. The road comeback game would have left next year short on home games.

I would strive for atleast 7 home games every year. Was the possibility explored of UM traveling this year and hosting next? That would've given them 7 home games each year.

Odd news...

Rutgers fans decided this week (Rutgers forums) that Michigan has the nicest fans amongst visitors (not the interesting part) and that Nebraska has the worst.

I need to find the thread, pretty funny, and pretty unbelievable.
Any outcome where either Wisconsin fans or Sparty aren't the worst visitors is doing it wrong. Granted small sample size but Huskers have been great to tailgate with.

I'd put Iowa at #1 as most accommodating both as visitors and visiting their place.

I would strive for atleast 7 home games every year. Was the possibility explored of UM traveling this year and hosting next? That would've given them 7 home games each year.
I know that was discussed.

Something else there factored in. I'll have to look it back up.

Injuries... Rest...(piecing together a few reports)

Keegan likely out tomorrow

Starting TE out or limited

Corum on a pitch count. I'll say it again for Edwards props @2daBank

Was kind of thinking game Under for Neb-Mich

Back