Week 10 with Marsski

Marsski

MAC Marvel
YTD 41-39

Coming off a big 8-2 week, everything went my way and had an easy 2 unit win on Bulls.

Not much action in the MAC thus week and with the Breeders Cup this Saturday I probably won't have a very big card. Obviously excited about midweek MACtion starting next week.

I went ahead and snapped up NIU giving 23 to UMass. You have to figure the Huskies are good for at least their average of 41, and UMass has topped 17 only last week vs Western. They are no 109 in passing and rushing offense and give up 220plus rushing. Score last year was 63-0 with a 400 yard differential. I think we see 42-10 here in cavernous Gillette Stadium where they will have no crowd.

Will be back with some wagon wheel thoughts later this week.

Week 10 card:

NIU -23 for 1 unit
Tulane +3 for 1 unit (-105)
Zona/Cal Over 66
Air Force pk -115
Kent +2 for 1.5 units

Bonus World Series Pick:
Cardinals Game 6 first 5 +100 for half unit

Last edited:
Somewhat of a look ahead spot with Ball on deck after UMass but 10 day break in between. NIU can't afford anything but A game in the BCS and this team knows it considering they went to Orange last year.

Thanks Tim.

So Pelini and his D coordinator at Florida Atlantic were busted for blazing at a party and are fired. I'm guessing this probably won't end with these two guys, and even if it does this is some serious turmoil mid-week for FAU. Thinking we see this spread drop
Play: Tulane +3 for 1 unit (-105)

World Series: So this kid Wacha has given up 1 run in 27 post-season innings and he's EV money tonight? What am I missing?
Backing the kid but took first 5 to spare myself the bullpen and Big Papi late game heroics...

Play: STL cards first5 +100 for half unit

On NIU with you Marsski.

Feel the same about Wacha, but I'm sitting on a Cards Series future so I'm hedging tonight

GL on your plays, always enjoy the thread

Well, we couldnt bring in the Cards last night, Sawx finally caught up to Wacha Wacha...

So Cal has played a pretty tough schedule but still they are giving up 44 a game with the low on the year of 37.
Coming into Memorial Stadium comes Zona with a great rushing attack that has thrown up 58 on UNLV and more than 31 three other times...As I recall old Dick Rod doesn't mind running up the score when given the chance. He will have his chance on Saturday...I think that Zona at least gets the average vs. Cal of 44...that means I need to squeeze 23 out of Cal for the over to hit.
Zona has allowed 31 to UW, 38 to USC, 24 Utah, and 20 to Colorado. I think Cal can at least get 23.
Also note that Cal's coach was throwing with one minute left and calling timeouts vs. OSU down 25 points. That means they won't be running out the clock if I need a TD in garbage time to push this over.

Play: Zona/Cal Over 66

Been waiting around hoping to see a 3 show up in the wagon wheel game. Pretty similar teams but I give the edge to Kent based on the playmakers they have in Archer and Wollett and Nix on defense. Akron and Kent have similar freshman QBs but I prefer Kent's in terms of accuracy. I know Kent hasn't been the same team as last year but injuries to Archer and the QB, Durham, Nix tough schedule etc have really put the whammy on their year.
I guess what im saying is that i know Akron is bad, i think Kent has just looked bad. But with everyone reasonably heathly and in a rivalry game, i think we see the real Kent today.
Little bit worried about the kicker for Kent having only one FG but if Archer does his thing it's gonna be extra points anyway.
Hoping to see a 3 but eventually I will be on Kent.

Thanks Tee, interested to see who u like today...tough card today in my opinion.

ADD: Air Force pk for 1 unit. AF gets a battle in the trenches vs guys their own size for once. If AF can play with SD State they should be able to handle a team that just lost by 19 to Temple. Like AF to get the home win.

Back