Week 10 What Are We Learning

Sure, you absolutely have a right to complain, that wasn't my point.

You being a fan for 25+ years, or the guy who has had season tickets for 20+ years, doesn't give you or them any more knowledge about anything. It just means you watched the games just like everyone else. Fans have no idea about constructing an offense, they aren't in the room with anyone, they aren't breaking down All 22 film, etc. Being a fan gives you a right to complain, sure. Being a fan doesn't mean you know anymore than anyone else who isn't on the team or have done it for a living.
I am not trying to be the next OC of the Jets but I've watched enough football to know what a good offense looks like and I'm sure I wouldn't be any worse at it than Hackett.

I'm not defending Saleh, but he has Zach Wilson as his QB. Nothing else really needs to be said, they don't have an NFL competent QB.
Total bullshit. Zach is far more talented than people realize and would be good on a real football team. We will all find out next year when he is playing for someone else that it was in fact the Jets holding Wilson back and not the other way around.

I am not trying to be the next OC of the Jets but I've watched enough football to know what a good offense looks like and I'm sure I wouldn't be any worse at it than Hackett.

So we know for a fact that all guys are running their routes correctly, picking up blocking assignment correctly, the QB isn't changing plays at the line of scrimmage? These are the things I'm talking about that the average fan has NO IDEA about, they simply see what transpires on the field and judge based on the results.

Total bullshit. Zach is far more talented than people realize and would be good on a real football team. We will all find out next year when he is playing for someone else that it was in fact the Jets holding Wilson back and not the other way around.

Okay. Except that the reality and stats show that he's horrible.

So we know for a fact that all guys are running their routes correctly, picking up blocking assignment correctly, the QB isn't changing plays at the line of scrimmage? These are the things I'm talking about that the average fan has NO IDEA about, they simply see what transpires on the field and judge based on the results.
Hackett has a long and undistinguished track record. If he wasn't such a failure over many years you might have a point but he's been brutal for many years.

Okay. Except that the reality and stats show that he's horrible.
Jets were the worst offense in the league before drafting Wilson and they will be long after he's gone if they continue to hire idiots to coach the team. When a team has been consistently a bottom 5 offense over 25 years putting it on any one player is ridiculous.

Jets were the worst offense in the league before drafting Wilson and they will be long after he's gone if they continue to hire idiots to coach the team. When a team has been consistently a bottom 5 offense over 25 years putting it on any one player is ridiculous.

Nobody put it on one person. I stopped at QB as it's the most important position in the league.

Putting it on one person's shoulders when it's the OC isn't ridiculous though, just based on what you just said? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Nobody put it on one person. I stopped at QB as it's the most important position in the league.

Putting it on one person's shoulders when it's the OC isn't ridiculous though, just based on what you just said? That doesn't make any sense at all.
Hackett has been a failure for the better part of a decade so the book on him is written.

The overall point is that the Jets scheme and playcalling are horrendous just as it was with Denver last year under Hackett.

No, the overall point was initially about Dorsey being fired and fans not knowing jack shit about football yet being the loudest advocates for people to be fired.

You turned this into a Jets thing.

No, the overall point was initially about Dorsey being fired and fans not knowing jack shit about football yet being the loudest advocates for people to be fired.

You turned this into a Jets thing.
I've watched enough Bills games to see that they aren't well coached and that Allen who is extremely talented has regressed. I turn everything into the Jets just can't help myself.

Do you think that Dorsey is a good coach. I am not an expert on the Bills but I haven't been impressed by him at all. He's going to the U next season so I will have to watch him then.

Do you think that Dorsey is a good coach. I am not an expert on the Bills but I haven't been impressed by him at all. He's going to the U next season so I will have to watch him then.

I think Dorsey is more than capable of being an OC in the league, as evidenced by last years production from the Bills offense. Josh Allen thought highly enough of him to ensure he was hired as the next OC.

What I think doesn't matter. What any fan thinks doesn't matter. THAT is the point. None of us know nearly enough to act like we are talent evaluators when it comes to coaches/coordinators.

I've watched enough Bills games to see that they aren't well coached and that Allen who is extremely talented has regressed. I turn everything into the Jets just can't help myself.

I've heard enough morons call into talk shows over the past 30+ years saying "I've been a season ticket holder for X number of years" to know that the vast, vast, vast majority of fans have no fucking clue what the fuck they're talking about. They act and react with emotion, because they're fanatics. It's the same thing in every NFL city across the country, that's a guarantee.

I like that Antonio Pierce is making it a point to get the ball to his playmakers. In his first two games as HC:

Adams - 20 targets
Jacobs - 53 rushes

Keep it simple, don’t try to get too cute - this translates to winning football games.

Pierce is going to get the job and cement the Raiders as a 7 win team for another 3-4 years. This is their endless cycle. Pierce isn’t a HC and this short term bump is only due to them playing Devito and Hackett.

Most teams have a multitude of GMs over any considerable length of time.

You sound like the guy who calls into the local sports station and HAS TO preface their call with "I've been a season ticket holder for X amount of years" as if that means anything at all, like they somehow how this vast football knowledge because they watched the games. Lol. I'm not trying to be rude either, more or less I"m just busting your balls...but it's absolutely true.
Case in point. Saints have had an old boy network for way too long. The holy trinity that is Mickey Loomis, Dennis Lauscha, and Greg Bensel and the Bensons might as well be the NO Mafia. They run the money, not just the football. All beneficiaries of the trust, own horses together, same Carnival Clubs and on and on

Pierce is going to get the job and cement the Raiders as a 7 win team for another 3-4 years. This is their endless cycle. Pierce isn’t a HC and this short term bump is only due to them playing Devito and Hackett.
Agree completely. Think they get waxed this week as Miami knows exactly what they will try to do. Only chance they have of covering is if Jacobs goes off and they can keep Miami offense off the field. Don’t see it happening.

Back