Week 10 What Are We Learning

This time next week we could be looking at Jets sitting in 1st & Bills tied for last in the east. I'm sure everyone predicted that. Buff at -185 to win that division could be the best bargain of this holiday shopping season.

I’ll include myself in the Dennis Allen hire continuity/legacy hire being a good idea. There was a little split here on it, a few people said “blow it up/start over”. I’m in the second camp now.

We all know you need a guy at QB to win in the NFL. Anything else is treading water. I have to think being he’s been on staff (D Allen) so long that maybe those talks were had prior to hiring…

Given all that: this team has alotta talent and piss poor results. In a division that is PUTRID, one wouldn’t think the Saints might be the team that sucks the worst given the names on the jerseys. But here we are.
The Saints are the team now, that when a team needs a rebound win, we serve it up.
A talented team has an off day….no worries, Saints will bail you out.

Dark days in NO

Yesterday was just more evidence why I shouldn’t bet much on this shit. Luckily I knew one these weeks was coming so I havnt been betting much.

bears give up freaking 21 to lions in the 4th to blow a game they shoulda won:

Texans turn it over twice inside the 10 in the 4th qrtr where just one score of any kind woulda covered: coach lovie did that bs I hate on final drive instead of getting the garbage back door td to cover he opts for the fg and the onside kick, I hate that!! If it gets to 4th down then yes by all means you take the 3 and onside kick; I don’t think you give chances to get the td away tho. Who knows if they score but bottom line they blew bunch of late chances to cover.

I still don’t know how the flying fuck the niners didn’t win by 7+ last night!??? Totally controlled that entire 2nd half, had so many stinking chances to finish it off. Toward the end Aiyuk let’s a td bounce off his chest, settle for another fg:, when they finally score a td the sorry kicker misses the extra point to leave them up 3 instead of 4, somehow lucky enough chargers still have all their time outs so after they go for it and hand niners ball on the 5ish you thought “holy shit, they almost have to cover”, but no, these Mfers who supposed to be one the best run teams in football up against the worst run defense in the league and they can’t punch a run in from
Inside the 2 with several tries!!! Settle for another fg that should have made it 7 at least but of course makes it only 6. There mo fucjing way niners wernt the right side in that game but they go out of their stinking way not to cover!!

Those are just examples from games I played and/or watched some of. I’m sure there more, how they hell bills managed to hand that game away I’ll never know? The cover was one thing but all they gotta do is execute a qb sneak and the game was over!! How often do teams blow that?? Last one I remember was Allen agsinst titans falling down trying one to get into endzone last year!!! Maybe he should practice those!!

The product is pure trash is the first thing I will mention. It is hard to watch the games and get excited about anything in the NFL. It is SOOOOO boring that I even spend more time worried about what player is making a play for my family fantasy football league than I am about who wins or what plays are happening. NFL is really played out right now. With that said there were some incredible implosions yesterday, most notably the Bears, Cowboys and Bills that I suppose make for entertaining television. They just called another key penalty on the Cowboys btw and it is 11AM local time on Monday.

Oh and Tampa somehow completely flying under the radar ...well, because they look awful. The rest of that division not taking advantage of their incredibly slow start should be embarrassed. We will all count out Brady and then he will be beating Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Tua, or whoever in the SB ... unless it is the giants. Brady cannot beat the giants in the SB.

It's been said a few times, but I don't think it's been said enough. I can speak from personal experiences and connections, that a professional locker room is extraordinarily complex and keeping it with one pulse and one heartbeat is tough enough.

For a team to hire a guy off the street who was not on the staff and to have a guy calling plays that had not called them at any level and to win a professional football game on the road is absolutely bonkers. This speaks less to me about the state of the Colts and far more about what is going on in Las Vegas. What, in the actual fuck, is going on there? I. by default, hate the Raiders. But McDaniels has turned (yes I know guys have been hurt) this playoff team into an absolute disaster. Idk the buyout details but I have no idea how this man has a job.

Chargers have received a fair amount of hate but they had won 4 of 5 coming into last night's game and played a good game. Season making game this week against KC. They will ultimately shoot themselves in the foot down the road, but I fear them in a one game scenario than several teams in the AFC

Still think it's KC and Buffalo but if any other Qb put up the 3 week numbers Allen has, we would be having a very different conversation. Something is wrong/he's not seeing the field right. Some of these passes are flat out bad.

Miami is the beneficiary of the Buffalo loss and while I personally continue to fade them (and lose), they keep chugging along. They will continue to get some of my doubts, and I may continue to be wrong.

Minnesota won a huge game. NY Giants continue to cook.. I could not be any less interested in these teams down the road. Their saving grace is that the NFC is just bad. Really bad.

With that said, it seems to me like Philly and SF are best assembled for January success. There was nothing sexy about SF in their run to the SB a few years ago and the same applies.

The bones are there. Good foundation building in Jacksonville.

I can't just hate on the NFC. New England and the Jets are playoff teams as of today and Tennessee is a division winner. How far could those teams realistically go, if we are being serious

Instead of prison, we should make people watch McCoy/Wolford on loop for punishment. Yikes.

Idk.. I am bored at work. I feel like a hater but I feel like this is the first year I can remember where there is just so much bad football being played. I feel like 20-25 teams honestly stink.

It’s really bad. It’s such a different game now.

I also got say, and hold on to your seats:

The referees have been the worst on a more consistent basis then I can recall.

It's been said a few times, but I don't think it's been said enough. I can speak from personal experiences and connections, that a professional locker room is extraordinarily complex and keeping it with one pulse and one heartbeat is tough enough.

For a team to hire a guy off the street who was not on the staff and to have a guy calling plays that had not called them at any level and to win a professional football game on the road is absolutely bonkers. This speaks less to me about the state of the Colts and far more about what is going on in Las Vegas. What, in the actual fuck, is going on there? I. by default, hate the Raiders. But McDaniels has turned (yes I know guys have been hurt) this playoff team into an absolute disaster. Idk the buyout details but I have no idea how this man has a job.

Chargers have received a fair amount of hate but they had won 4 of 5 coming into last night's game and played a good game. Season making game this week against KC. They will ultimately shoot themselves in the foot down the road, but I fear them in a one game scenario than several teams in the AFC

Still think it's KC and Buffalo but if any other Qb put up the 3 week numbers Allen has, we would be having a very different conversation. Something is wrong/he's not seeing the field right. Some of these passes are flat out bad.

Miami is the beneficiary of the Buffalo loss and while I personally continue to fade them (and lose), they keep chugging along. They will continue to get some of my doubts, and I may continue to be wrong.

Minnesota won a huge game. NY Giants continue to cook.. I could not be any less interested in these teams down the road. Their saving grace is that the NFC is just bad. Really bad.

With that said, it seems to me like Philly and SF are best assembled for January success. There was nothing sexy about SF in their run to the SB a few years ago and the same applies.

I can't just hate on the NFC. New England and the Jets are playoff teams as of today and Tennessee is a division winner. How far could those teams realistically go, if we are being serious

Instead of prison, we should make people watch McCoy/Wolford on loop for punishment. Yikes.

Idk.. I am bored at work. I feel like a hater but I feel like this is the first year I can remember where there is just so much bad football being played. I feel like 20-25 teams honestly stink.
Great stuff. Yea you lay it out pretty well on LV/Indy game. He’s another one for you on LV. The New Orleans Saints SHUT THEM OUT a few weeks back. If there was ever a game/team ready for the Jeff Saturday experience, this was it.

Sean Mcdummy is an abject moron who let's Dorsey and Allen decide everything on offense ....
For the 3rd massive choke of the year the BILLS stop running the ball ..2nd and 2 inside the 20 with a 10 point 4th quarter lead and it's throw , throw , throw ...Kick the field goal, take the points and go up by 13 ....

Last edited:
I think Allen's throwing motion has changed with the elbow injury. He was usually a 3/4 thrower but now it seems like he's almost side arming it. It doesn't look like he has the same zip on his throws now.

I'm trying to remember another game I've heard Joe Davis do but nothing comes to mind. But he was excellent on that Vikings/Bills broadcast. Thank god we didn't have to sit through the boredom of Joe Buck on that one. I don't have anything against Burkhardt but I think Davis and Olsen would be a better #1 team for Fox.

I think Allen's throwing motion has changed with the elbow injury. He was usually a 3/4 thrower but now it seems like he's almost side arming it. It doesn't look like he has the same zip on his throws now.

I'm trying to remember another game I've heard Joe Davis do but nothing comes to mind. But he was excellent on that Vikings/Bills broadcast. Thank god we didn't have to sit through the boredom of Joe Buck on that one. I don't have anything against Burkhardt but I think Davis and Olsen would be a better #1 team for Fox.
Buck drives me crazy ...I'd rather listen painfully to the Mrs. Friends biotching about being a stay at home mom

Yesterday was just more evidence why I shouldn’t bet much on this shit. Luckily I knew one these weeks was coming so I havnt been betting much.

bears give up freaking 21 to lions in the 4th to blow a game they shoulda won:

Texans turn it over twice inside the 10 in the 4th qrtr where just one score of any kind woulda covered: coach lovie did that bs I hate on final drive instead of getting the garbage back door td to cover he opts for the fg and the onside kick, I hate that!! If it gets to 4th down then yes by all means you take the 3 and onside kick; I don’t think you give chances to get the td away tho. Who knows if they score but bottom line they blew bunch of late chances to cover.

I still don’t know how the flying fuck the niners didn’t win by 7+ last night!??? Totally controlled that entire 2nd half, had so many stinking chances to finish it off. Toward the end Aiyuk let’s a td bounce off his chest, settle for another fg:, when they finally score a td the sorry kicker misses the extra point to leave them up 3 instead of 4, somehow lucky enough chargers still have all their time outs so after they go for it and hand niners ball on the 5ish you thought “holy shit, they almost have to cover”, but no, these Mfers who supposed to be one the best run teams in football up against the worst run defense in the league and they can’t punch a run in from
Inside the 2 with several tries!!! Settle for another fg that should have made it 7 at least but of course makes it only 6. There mo fucjing way niners wernt the right side in that game but they go out of their stinking way not to cover!!

Those are just examples from games I played and/or watched some of. I’m sure there more, how they hell bills managed to hand that game away I’ll never know? The cover was one thing but all they gotta do is execute a qb sneak and the game was over!! How often do teams blow that?? Last one I remember was Allen agsinst titans falling down trying one to get into endzone last year!!! Maybe he should practice those!!
The NFL product is really bad at the moment...Too many subjective rules and horrible coaches imo

The product is pure trash is the first thing I will mention. It is hard to watch the games and get excited about anything in the NFL. It is SOOOOO boring that I even spend more time worried about what player is making a play for my family fantasy football league than I am about who wins or what plays are happening. NFL is really played out right now. With that said there were some incredible implosions yesterday, most notably the Bears, Cowboys and Bills that I suppose make for entertaining television. They just called another key penalty on the Cowboys btw and it is 11AM local time on Monday.

I been saying this all year,,,for years really but it has really hit rock bottom now. You right what gets passed off as entertaining mostly bad football that makes these games close. I don’t find it appealing that one team has to play so awful to let the other team back in it. There 100 things I rather do than watch football on Sunday’s these days, even chores for the old lady beat watching that shit.

Joe Davis is amazing. I am glad people around the country are starting to understand what this dude brings to the table. We are spoiled as Dodgers fans to have this guy come in immediately following Vin Scully. His call in that game yesterday was off the charts.

There is for sure stuff going on inside that Raiders locker room that is not being reported on yet. Last week Carr had to bite his tongue in the presser when he spoke about it. I do not for the life of me understand why Davis can not see it because it is obvious to just about everyone. McDaniels is not a head coach. He gets outcoached ingame every single week. This has been a particularly tough season for us Raiders fans. I am used to the team being pathetic but when you obviously have a very good team and still find ways to lose every single week it is gut wrenching. Aside from the embarrassment in New Orleans the Raiders have had a legit shot at winning 8 games and instead have won 2. Its a fucking nightmare as a fan.

The Bills shouldn't have been in the situation in the first place given they had a 17 lead at home in the third quarter but it feels like the entire team lacks attention to details. Examples:

1. Kick the field goal - 10 minutes left in the game, 13 point lead forces the opponent into two touchdowns, much different than TD/FG
2. 4th an 18, knock the ball down. You play defense for a reason, you can't catch.
3. Execute a basic center/quarterback exchange

It's almost as though they are bored as a team and get lackadaisical. Did the same thing last year - from weeks 9 through 14 - lost 4 of 6 games, including that ugly loss to the Jags and an equally ugly loss to the Pats at home in week 13. They rebounded to win the division and were :13 from hosting the Bengals in the AFC ship.

I also agree the league is unwatchable and the refs are the worst they have ever been. The hit on Juju gets no flag but they kicked out Dre Greenlaw last night for far less; missed the 12 men on the field in Buffalo in overtime and did not review the Gabe Davis "catch." Flat out terrible.

The Bills shouldn't have been in the situation in the first place given they had a 17 lead at home in the third quarter but it feels like the entire team lacks attention to details. Examples:

1. Kick the field goal - 10 minutes left in the game, 13 point lead forces the opponent into two touchdowns, much different than TD/FG
2. 4th an 18, knock the ball down. You play defense for a reason, you can't catch.
3. Execute a basic center/quarterback exchange

It's almost as though they are bored as a team and get lackadaisical. Did the same thing last year - from weeks 9 through 14 - lost 4 of 6 games, including that ugly loss to the Jags and an equally ugly loss to the Pats at home in week 13. They rebounded to win the division and were :13 from hosting the Bengals in the AFC ship.

I also agree the league is unwatchable and the refs are the worst they have ever been. The hit on Juju gets no flag but they kicked out Dre Greenlaw last night for far less; missed the 12 men on the field in Buffalo in overtime and did not review the Gabe Davis "catch." Flat out terrible.
Yeah the TV guys were calling it the GOY and such BS. It was a joke with mistake or bonehead coaching decision coming one after another. Kick the fucking FG to go up 13 (yes because indeed there is a difference between a team having to score 2 TDs vs. TD/FG, especially with these kickers today) and learn how to take a snap.

Also, Dallas D is fading fast. Thought bye week might get them healthier and back to top notch but nope - Chicago 2 weeks ago and previously pathetic GB offense have taken them apart, especially running.

Lotta of self pity this thread my man.

-------

Why Jameis not getting his shot? Seemingly played well before the injury. The sticking with Red Rifle is interesting.
I don’t think that’s written in stone either. Jameis could easily start Sunday or Andy has a real real short leash

Snow and high winds in Buffalo this weekend. Prob built into the total already but I think this will be under

Snow and high winds in Buffalo this weekend. Prob built into the total already but I think this will be under
Total was pulled & adjusted from 49 to now 41.5. I nearly played the under & Browns +9.5 but it got pulled. I would be very careful playing an under in this one. Even if weather is a huge factor there are some key injuries that could hamper the Bills d.

Back