Captain of Vanzack's yacht
28-6-1 YTD.....
5-0 Week 9.....

Plays will be posted here.....

Marist +7.5

Towson -1

Western Kentucky -10

Last edited:
great stuff you guys had here last week between you-cb-and bull.

i ended up losing W&M +13.5, fukers were close all game

interested in this wk

We had another awesome week in terms of discussion and plays. Let's do it again!

Early looks...

Coastal @ Liberty - Can I play against the Chants 3 weeks in a row? I think so. Liberty is a team that can throw up some points, and Coastal will have a hard time scoring, once again. It will be interesting to see the line.

Appalachian St @ The Citadel - This line should be interesting. I think The Citadel is realizing that it's season is basically over, after losing the close one to Ga Southern last weekend.

Ga Southern @ Wofford - This is a must win for Wofford, to keep it's SoCon title hopes alive. Both teams are going to run the piss out of the ball, but Wofford has the much better run D, and home field advantage.

Elon @ Furman - Elon could be catching points here. But Furman's pass D is very, very suspect. Not a good sign for them, considering Elon puts up 340ypg through the air.

Still looking for more, but I'll have to wait for the lines.....

ETG -

That blows man. I can't believe UMass threw up 28 in the 4th. It was an absolute fumble fest at the end of the game. W&M fubled, UM score in 2 plays. Kicked the ball off, W&M fumbled it, UMass scored in 4 plays from the 20. W&M goes 3 n out, punts, UMass fumbles on 2nd play, W&M returns it for a TD.

I thought for sure the upset was going to happen.

Here is my starting list for the week, based on an analysis of each matchup on the card. Of course the list will be narrowed significantly once the opening lines are released, but wanted to let you guys see my thought process for week 10, as my 1-AA plays will more than likely be chosen from the teams listed below.

Dayton
Albany
Wagner
YSU
Monmouth
Lafayette
VMI
Jax State
Austin Peay
Grambling
Elon
SIU
FAMU
Poly
Prarie View
Liberty
EWU
McNeese State

Cb I've barely begun to look - haven't seen spreads yet- but Albany looks very good. And Monmouth and Wagner, altho the latter may be loaded up with points. Lafayette may be a bargain having lost 3 in a row. They are better than Bucknell.
Hoops- Great card in the Southern Conf this week.
My decisions will be late in the week, most likely.
BTW- Great game in the Patriot- Holy Cross at Fordham. I've thought all along HC is the class inthat league this year. It will be interesting to see what the points are.
Keep up th e girl work.:tiphat:

Lines are out....

First addition -

Marist +7.5

In a battle of 1-8's, Georgetown, of all teams, is laying a full TD+ of road chalk, in Marist's home finale? Both teams combined to lose 0-78 last weekend, so I think I'll take the points with the home team. There's no way this line holds up through the weekend, so I'll buy off it the price is right.

Line moved to +5.5 already. What is the cutoff points wise here

Honestly, I don't have a point cutoff with this game. The main reason is because I stated above that I think the line will move a bunch,and I have an interest in getting a nice middle, if the opportunity presents its self.

With that said, I still think 5.5 is great, just because I don't think Georgetown should be favored on the road. I need to check injuries, and make sure Marist players, will actually be attending the game, but I still think anything better than +3 is good.

Adding...

Towson -1

Towson is coming off a bye week, with a very, very under rated D. Yes, they are a 3-5 team, but look at who the losses have come against. Umass, Delaware, and Hofstra were all ranked in the top #10 when they played, and they upset Richmond, which I believe was a top #10 team at the time.

Once again Maine's inept offense will cost them again here. Towson's bye week will give them time to find ways to attack Maine's run game, and shut them down.

Hoop, I know you already locked it in but my friend plays for Towson so I can find out some inside info if you'd like.

Hoop, I know you already locked it in but my friend plays for Towson so I can find out some inside info if you'd like.

Find out what ever you can. Absolutely.

I do think they beat Maine by 7+. If you find out that everyone is healthy, and all is good in the locker room, I may add 1 more.

All plays at 5dimes 57.50 to win 50.00

PRAIRIE VIEW A&M -3.5
CAL POLY -14
YOUNGSTOWN STATE -40
AUSTIN PEAY -9

Last edited:
Prairie View A&M -3.5 (line now at 5)

I really like the fact that Prairie View is so focused on this game, because of what it will do for their program as a whole. This is a team that hasn't finished above .500 in 31 years, so you know they will be focused on getting that golden 6th win this weekend vs a Pine Bluff team that is 1-7 and losers of 6 straight. Neither team is very impressive offensively, and both have stout defenses, so in the end this one will come down to who has more to play for, and who wants it more, and I think that team is Prairie View, as they have been waiting 30 plus years for this opportunity. Here is a quote from their coach Henry Frazier, that sums all of this up pretty well...

"We're successful right now, but success is not final. It's not how you start, it's how you finish the season. Then we can talk about what we did."
The immediate focus is on Saturday's game and taking that important first step.
"It would be huge. I can't sugarcoat it," Frazier said. "You don't want to look too far ahead, but this school, this community, the alumni, these players, this coaching staff who took a bite on my dream, they all deserve it."

Cal Poly -14 (line now at 15.5)

Even though Poly's coach used to coach at Southern Utah, it is hard to pass up only laying 2 TDs against an 0-8 Southern Utah team that is giving up points in bunches the last few weeks as they continue to be mired in a losing streak that has now reached 15 games.

They have given up at least 37 in all but 2 games this year, and this week they are facing a Poly team that is averaging over 50ppg over their last 4 (3-1). Poly has an explosive offense that is 7th in rushing, 22nd in passing, and 6th in scoring, and they get the luxury of facing a Southern Utah team that is 100th in scoring defense and 104th in turnover margin. Poly is really clicking on all cylinders right now and I expect them to win handily over an overmatched Southern Utah squad that has shown a lot of heart this year, but just doesn't have the talent to match up in this one.

Austin Peay -9 (line now 11)

SMS is giving up almost 40ppg during their 5 game losing streak and I expect the Austin Peay running backs to pile up the yards all day long against the 101st ranked SMS rushing defense. Not to mention the fact that SMS beat AP by 25 last year, so you know AP will be looking to exact some revenge for that blowout loss.

Youngstown State -40 (line now 41.5)

I came across this interview conducted earlier in the week with the current interim coach of the Indiana State Sycamores, Dennis Raetz. Keep in mind that Raetz is the winningest coach in school history, and he was brought in late in September to right the Sycamore ship, but things have been tougher than even he could have predicted. Since Raetz took over, the Sycamores are 0-5, and have been outscored 279-48. ISU remains winless on the season, and has won just one game since 2005.

"Obviously, we're not anywhere near a good football team right now," Raetz said.

The scores clearly indicate that, but so do the struggles ISU is having to suit up players.

For last weekend's game at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Missouri</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">State</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>, the Sycamores traveled with just 47 players, well short of the 60 allowed by NCAA rules. ISU has also had to shift several players to different positions just to field a team - although the changes don't seem to be doing much good.

We have very few kids who I think could've played when I coached before here," Raetz said.

Considering Dayton, even though 30 is a lot to lay. Butler could be in big trouble if both their starting QB and TB are definitely out for this one. Any info you guys can dig up would be great, thanks.

That game caught my eye earlier. I need to look at it a little more, but I just can't decide which way it will go. I do like the fact that CS doesn't run the ball ever, which is the weakness of VMI's D.

As of right now, I'm going to pass, but Friday nights seem to be when I've donw my best thinking.

Anyone know a JMU/Delaware line?

<TABLE class=module borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800 border=0 rgfloat="440,600"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD noWrap colSpan=8><SMALL>James Madison at Delaware</SMALL></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 28px" vAlign=bottom bgColor=#f6f6f6><TD noWrap>Sat 11/3</TD><TD noWrap>501 </TD><TD noWrap>James Madison</TD><TD noWrap><INPUT language=javascript id=radiox onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type=radio value=S1_0 name=radiox>+4½ -115 </TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 28px" vAlign=top bgColor=#f6f6f6><TD noWrap>12:00PM (EST) </TD><TD noWrap>502</TD><TD noWrap>Delaware</TD><TD noWrap><INPUT language=javascript id=radiox onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type=radio value=S2_0 name=radiox>-4½ -115 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hoops, Ithink you said Towson was coming off a bye ??
Not so.
They lost to Colgate last week.
Not a good sign going up into chilly Orono Maine, IMO.

friday night

As of right now, I'm going to pass, but Friday nights seem to be when I've donw my best thinking.

Me too, hoops.
Hope to have something to contribute early Saturday. Right now I'm thinking Cb has a winner in CalPoly, and I lean towrd Colgate, Lafayette, Vill., Albany, Cen Conn, Furman, Citadel AND (sorry) Georgetown and Maine
GL<!-- / message -->

Bull-

Towson played Colgate on 10/27. Colgate beat Layfayette last week.

I'll be keeping an eye on the weather up your way, and I may be making a few plays if the wind and rain comes in as expected.

Do you have any local weather information, and if you think the storm will be coming in at a certain time?

CB, Bull, or anyone else-

Does anyone know what Southern Illinois opened at against Western Illinois? Somehow I overlooked that matchup, and really like SI at -12. Any help would be great.

Me too, hoops.
Hope to have something to contribute early Saturday. Right now I'm thinking Cb has a winner in CalPoly, and I lean towrd Colgate, Lafayette, Vill., Albany, Cen Conn, Furman, Citadel AND (sorry) Georgetown and Maine
GL<!-- / message -->

Poly line is now up to 17.5, so glad I got it at 14 earlier in the week. I am tempted to pull the trigger on Lafayette now that the line is back down to 9.5, but just can't bring myself to lay that many. Also leaning Elon at 8 but that conference is so crazy sometimes, that I can't see myself laying more than a TD in that one as I wouldn't be shocked to see the dog win SU.

I just took a good look at Southern Utah's schedule, and all I can say is holy shit! That arguably has to be one of the toughest,by far.

Definitely a good idea to stay away from that Elon game. Who knows which Furamn shows up.

Lafayette looks interesting. They've got a pretty stout D.

I don't know if I'll make many more plays today or not. Just not feeling it for some reason.

Adding.....

Western Kentucky -10

WK is in the transition stage of becoming a 1-A school. Their defensive numbers are pretty impressive, despite playing Florida, Ball St., and Bowling Green, which are some pretty offensive minded teams.

It will be a beautiful day in Chattanooga, and I think the Astroturf will benefit the rushing game of the Hilltoppers. The Mocs don't seem to defend the run very well, and I don't think they have the offensive power to make a comeback if they get down big. I'm sure they'll use trick plays, onside kicks, and all that other horseshit to stay in it like they did against Ga Southern, but if WK is prepared for these, they should cruise to an easy W.

I just took a good look at Southern Utah's schedule, and all I can say is holy shit! That arguably has to be one of the toughest,by far.

Definitely a good idea to stay away from that Elon game. Who knows which Furamn shows up.

Lafayette looks interesting. They've got a pretty stout D.

I don't know if I'll make many more plays today or not. Just not feeling it for some reason.

I definitely left a winner at the table today with Dayton as for some reason I just couldn't pull the trigger and of course they win by 61 haha.
That was the first time all year I didn't trust my instincts so guess I deserved to not pick up the cash there.

Youngstown State won by 33 but failed to cover, so that's what I get by laying 40. Figured Indy State would get 7 and thought YSU could put up 50 against that defense, but oh well, bad call on my part.

Best of luck the rest of the way today as you are the definition of consistency, make no mistake about it.

Shit.... will I get the 3OT 2 point conversion moose in the Marist game?

Tied 31-31 ater 2 OT's. And with Chattanooga up 21-14 at the end of the 3rd, I may be staring at an 0-3 day.

CB -

We have been leaving some easy money on the table the past few weeks. I wish I would have gotten the live weather report in the North East, as I would have been all over Northeastern and Rhode Island. But no use crying over spilt perfume.

Yeah, today was just one of those days it seems, as none of my plays are coming in for me but oh well. Not gonna sweat it though as it happens. As long as La Tech covers for me I will be happy as that will make it a nice and easy 2-0 on the 1-A plays today.

Sorry guys for not getting aboard on Saturday.:down2:
I could have advised you that the Rhode Island weather would likely be brutal. I went 8-3 inm my FCS plays and hope to contribute more next week.

Back