Week 1 What Are We Learning

I don’t think Dallas had 1 red zone trip yesterday.

Brady getting the ball out quick helped out that oline

Cle beat Carolina’s ass much worse than score indicated. 1/4 in the red zone kept it close.

This is true, I watched a good bit of this game. Like the Detroit game, the final was misleading.

What I learned about the Broncos tonight is that their running game is a monster, Russell Wilson should win some games, but their coach is an absolute trainwreck. They look like they're going to have to win in spite of him, which is really hard in this league.

Also, score another point for teams that took the preseason somewhat seriously vs. a team that never played their starters.

The NFC West suddenly looks weak.

Yeah, I don't put much stock in the Niners game tho, that was a shitshow literally. Saints/Falcons games are always bizzare to me and the Cardinals eh i dunno...Kliff just isn't it. Seattle won't win long term with Geno. Might be Rams to lose again. Just the best team in that division by far.

Is it weird to say I'm not sure if the Lions are done?

There's a chance that division outside of Minny ends up being pretty weak. It would require Goff being, well, good—and that not may really be possible. And it would require their defense to probably play above their talent level, but maybe ...

I also think Washington is going to be bad. Along with Atlanta and Seattle.

Lions will never quit, that much is a given.

Yeah, I don't put much stock in the Niners game tho, that was a shitshow literally. Saints/Falcons games are always bizzare to me and the Cardinals eh i dunno...Kliff just isn't it. Seattle won't win long term with Geno. Might be Rams to lose again. Just the best team in that division by far.

That Saints/Falcons game felt to me like one of those games where one team (NO) really needed an entire half to get the preseason out of their veins. Now, that could be wishful thinking though as I have their season win total over. So that win was kind of a gift—and quite probably REALLY necessary when it's all said and done.

In the 2h those 2 Chubb sacks were because Geno had no pocket presence to feel the rush and step up in the pocket. I think Seattle going to be pretty bad, especially on the road.

Was it the Saints who used to play in the West? I think it was. How is crazy was that alignment to have a Louisiana team in the West division. Half the league is closer in mileage.

I don’t think Dallas had 1 red zone trip yesterday.

Brady getting the ball out quick helped out that oline
Didn't even get inside the Tampa 30. Brutal display, AND YET........the bottom five teams in yards gained this week went 4-1 SU. Baltimore, Seattle, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Chicago were #28-32 in Offense. And Carolina was #27 and it took a 58 yard FG at the gun to beat them.

Top five offenses in yard went 2-2-1.

A weird, weird week.

The good news is this is auto bet week. 0-1 teams vs 1-0.

Jets at Cleveland
Lions hosting Washington
Panthers at Giants
Patriots at Pittsburgh
Niners hosting Seattle
Pack hosting Chicago
Titans at Buffalo

Yeah I agree. I was joking with jp but I do think Arizona might be in trouble.
Going to really depend if the Cards are done before Hopkins comes back week 7. He literally makes Kyler's game. Hollywood is a very good #2 WR but not a 1. Need to be no worse than 2-4 when he comes back. Nothing looked in synch as Gandy predicted.

The good news is this is auto bet week. 0-1 teams vs 1-0.

Jets at Cleveland
Lions hosting Washington
Panthers at Giants
Patriots at Pittsburgh
Niners hosting Seattle
Pack hosting Chicago
Titans at Buffalo

With the Jets you're betting on Joe Flacco and I get that sometimes you just have to close your eyes and play the number, but man he is tough to trust. But most of the rest of them, even if you're just playing the number blindly, I think I like. Records aside, I think I would have liked Detroit here.

I also think there's even a nice revenge angle here for Carolina at NY.

With the Jets you're betting on Joe Flacco and I get that sometimes you just have to close your eyes and play the number, but man he is tough to trust. But most of the rest of them, even if you're just playing the number blindly, I think I like. Records aside, I think I would have liked Detroit here.

I also think there's even a nice revenge angle here for Carolina at NY.
Seems like the Panthers offense was finally clicking at the end, they just dug too big of a hole.

Seems like the Panthers offense was finally clicking at the end, they just dug too big of a hole.

I feel pretty comfortable saying this will likely be the story of their season. That said, I'm not sure this game is bettable at this number. I missed the open, but just based on the number I'd have had to take the Giants. This game feels like it should be -4.5 or more. So that they hung a -1.5 to start—even if that's asking for Giants money, I'd have given it to them.

Get me around four and maybe Carolina makes sense to tease. But less than a FG you're basically asking them to win and that team doesn't really strike me as a team I'd trust with that just yet.

Think there will be some great buy lows on SF and GB next week. SF somehow lost by almost DD despite looking dominant for much of the game. Sloppy bad timed plays.

Giants are much improved.

Matt Ryan is washed.
I thought Bears dominated the entire 2nd half on both sides.

I thought Bears dominated the entire 2nd half on both sides.

Barely had 200 yards total game. Fields did make 2 big plays though in busted coverage. Little to read from it though because of injuries, penalties, and the weather which came right after the Bears 2nd TD.

Inspekdah said:
Think there will be some great buy lows on SF and GB next week. SF somehow lost by almost DD despite looking dominant for much of the game. Sloppy bad timed plays.

There no buying low, they both laying freaking -10 to division rivals! No chance im doing that.

The Colts got rid of their kicker two days afer he cost me the second half of a two team teaser last weekend.

I take no credit for this, I'm just saying that maybe they could have considered this sooner.

Back