Week 1 ML Dogs

I'll be that guy and wonder what the Clones were dogged to Nebraska in '92...SI called it the upset of the decade, fuck that was before scholarship restrictions and the Huskers had like 20 guys that shared uniform numbers

Think Nebraska and Oklahoma were beating everyone in the Big 8 by 60+ for years at that point.

Last edited:
I'll be that guy and wonder what the Clones were dogged to Nebraska in '92...SI called it the upset of the decade, fuck that was before scholarship restrictions and the Huskers had like 20 guys that shared uniform numbers

Think Nebraska and Oklahoma were beating everyone in the Big 8 by 60+ for years at that point.

I show that was "only" 30 pt spread. 19-10 Iowa State wins.

Thanks, had no idea what that spread was. Only one of a couple games I even remember growing up...beating Ok State with Barry was incredible and another game, think is was the first night game and they had to bring in those mobile lights for it against OU lol...was close. Spencer Tillman was the QB I believe.

Man that was a long time ago.

We have what 3 games left for Week 1.

West Fn' Virginia +167
aTm +177
GT +130

All 3 very winnable gms

Reactions: KJ
45 pts, that would be the largest numeric point spread upset ever?
What was Stanford the year they beat USC?
For some reason I seem to recall it being 40pt and that was the biggest to date that I remember

Last edited:
th

Great chance to relive that moment. That was 41 pts. I argue this was a significantly bigger upset than the more popular App St over Michigan that same year. USC was a perennial #1 team and went 59-6 the prior 5 years having claimed one BCS National Title and one AP National Title. They were #2 and 4-0 at the time of this game. Stanford on the other had was just 16-40 over the same span and 1-3 entering this game in Harbaugh's first season of 2007.

920x920.jpg

77214207_8.jpg

Compare it to App St, who was back-to-back IAA Champs and on their way to their 3rd consecutive Championship in 2007 that knocked off Michigan. App St could've probably beaten every team in the Big Ten except for maybe Ohio State that year.

Oddly, I think the unlv coach could have beaten Howard with some of his high school teams. That is not sarcasm. I think they would have had a shot against Howard.

I have a couple of real longshots in mind. I'm looking at Youngstown State for one.
Great eyes on this one MW Even though it didn't win, it was a great call, a break here or there
I didn't see the gm but lost in OT
+400

We have what 3 games left for Week 1.

West Fn' Virginia +167
aTm +177
GT +130

All 3 very winnable gms
Last ML Dog of the week. I have been on GT for awhile. It's mostly a fade of the Vols.

Should have went 2 for 2 last night........ atleast they both were very entertaining games to watch

Seems like an abnormally low number of upsets for week 1. I probably like Tenn a bit more than GT tonight, but kind of a toss up game.

Back