Week 1 DFS Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Should be a weekly thread. Not being a homer, but I like the Derek Carr/Amari Cooper stack. The Saints defense flat out sucks. And they didn't do anything in the off season to get better that I can see. Might even throw in a cheap Clive Walford at TE if I use up too much of my cap and need a cheap player.

I havnt checked prices yet...but I'm pretty sure spencer ware needs to be in all lineups

gonna dive deep into this tomorrow....thats the good thing unlike lines the prices dont change.

Wentz is the lowest price for a qb and i may take him in a few high guarantee leagues. its teh browns defense do u can get him cheap and spread out ur money elsewhere and hope he goes for 220 and 2 tds. nobody else is going to have him too so its contrarian which is always good.

jordan reed at TE all day, even if that is not contrarian at all. if you are looking for a cheap WR, jamison crowder looks good. if you don't like spending Reed money on a TE and wanna go the other way, I bet Vance McDonald gets you at least 5 for 60

my week one early faves for the GPP's are (Not for 50/50 or smaller tournies)
Draftkings
QB: Carr, RGIII, and Luck (One of the few times i'll likely be on him all year)
RB: Ware (at 4400 he's a must own i believe), Elliot, McCoy
WR: Cooper, Aiken, John brown,
TE: Reed is tough to pass up but his ownership is going to be hella high. I may go Bennett if Gronk is limited or out, or Allen to pair w/ Luck
Flex: value wise i like Theo Riddick for 4k or DeAndre washington (but he may be a couple weeks away from major contribution)

My first lineup for GPP on DK:

M. Stafford
C. Michael
S. Ware
A. Robinson
A. Cooper
M. Evans
E. Ebron
Marvin Jones
Houston

No homer but Tyrod at 7200 is laughable. I have him in a couple already, tied to clay (5k) in a couple. Some with Watkins too. I fully expect Tyrod to have 240 2 tds possibly another rushing....

Gronk is out and I can't imagine Bennett is too expensive. He will be a popular pick I would guess.

props Im betting this week.

Julias Thomas all categories and hes going to be on every lineup I make

Alshon and AJ props for receptions and yardage and will also be on a lot of my teams

Benjamin and Wallace both really cheap and playing teams you can get deep on, in both cases I don't think gonna take long for their respective new qbs to take few shots to stretch the d. Even tho Cameron a aloof bum he very cheap and surely is capable of running go routes right down the seam over and over again as many te's before him have done to sea

I can do this.. Draftkings offers an option to add people to a league and and anyone in that league can create weekly contests if they want.

That would be cool. Certainly I'm not the only one here interested in this ?

Question would be weekly fee and payout format...perhaps if their is interest we do this week 2

I guess some guys might live in states where they can't sign up for Draftkings...could be problematic.

If i had the ability to take reed I did, otherwise I went walford at TE, I did prescott for 80% of my qbs, mixed in luck/then rando's

Here's what I'm rolling with in cash games: (DraftKings)

Stafford
C. Mike
Ryan Mathews
Julio
Marv Jones
Moncrief
Cook
Zeke
Houston D/ST

Also going with a ton of Cardinals stacks in GPP's because I don't think many will be on them and they should be able to put up a bunch of yardage/points against the Pats

Not gonna lie I played a couple teams with hill/Diggs. Maybe I the away some loot but 11,300 for qb/top target is cheap af

wow 5dimes wont let me bet more than $20 on peterson's rush prop over wtf

all my other player prop limits are 200

Thought about that one as well ha

Hill
Gurley
Freeman
Diggs
Alshon
Hopkins
Julius
Walsh
Hawks

I like cousins and own him in about half my teams

D will over 3.5 receptions tonight. Lot of juice but should be easy money unless he gets hurt. Fully expect him to hit this before half

Love Reed but don't think Ill bet any of his props. I prefer to find guys I feel are undervalued for the week or that I feel strongly will have a monster game and I can't say he qualifies for either. IF you are intent to get down a Reed prop though, I would probably take the TD prop over yardage or receptions

I think week 1 lines are soft on props. I have no idea how Diggs was so low on his lines. Look to fade the Gmen with tight ends every single week. Gold.

Yea the props on non household names were pretty soft this week. Diggs was pretty understandable, he did have Shaun Hill throwing to him after all in what was going to be a low scoring game on the road.

Nothing big, few low placements, for 2 or 3x my buy-in that I havee no idea will hold with 2 games today

Nothing big, sitting at $50 back right now in the 2milly on FanDuel with Gurley and AB left yet. So hoping to move up a few pay spots at least.

Back