Week 0 What Are We Learning

Riley will forever own the transfer portal as far as QB goes

Think 2026 is their next big get as far as recruiting one but I can't keep up with that, they will never struggle though
What does not struggle mean? Maybe not in the P12 but they got a new home now

Yeah I don’t agree that USCs schedule is all that much worse than some others out there. My memory is getting worse and worse, but in my lifetime, has USC ever played an FCS? Is USCs schedule that much worse than Ohio States?

Tommy Chang appears to have revived the air raid attack in year 2! Dunno how much of that was crappy defense by Vandy but Hawaii had guys running around wide open all over the field! The qb smashed his passing yards prop, he was over the number sometime in 3rd qrtr and ended up clearing the number by 130 yards!! Just hope they don’t catch on to quickly! Lol

Yeah I don’t agree that USCs schedule is all that much worse than some others out there. My memory is getting worse and worse, but in my lifetime, has USC ever played an FCS? Is USCs schedule that much worse than Ohio States?

Usc schedule seems pretty Cake the 1st 6 weeks. Starting week 7 it a different story!! At Norte dame (they have a qb now!), home against Utah, @cal (should be a break), udub at home no easy task with their d!, @ducks, then finish w ucla at home. Dunno if they can navigate that or not? The pac12 looks like they very well could beat each other up making them all miss a chance at playoffs.. I agree it doesn’t seem any tougher than osu schedule!! Osu is at Nd, @wisxcy,,@ Michigan! Not to mention a home date with penn st.

I don't ever recall USC, UCLA, Notre Dame, Michigan playing FCS unless Appy State was when they won. You could also tell me LSU and Bama are on that list and I'd believe you but w/o looking I think at least Bama is playing one this season?

Is Tennessee State Notre Dame’s first FCS opponent ever?
Could be, didn't even look at this year's schedules

Thought of a couple more also, pretty sure BYU has never played one and I don't remember FSU playing any

Thought of a couple more also, pretty sure BYU has never played one and I don't remember FSU playing any
Does that mean Fresno? Pretty Florida State lost to an FCs team sometime after Jimbo left.

BYU, Utah and USU have all played Weber St and SUU.

Reactions: KJ
Or compare the USC schedule to Michigan's. The great pissing match schedule shaming.

I do think it is notable the teams that do not play FCS. Not as much now since FBS has expanded with former FCS and IAA teams moving up the past 20 years.

In recent years UCLA, Alabama, LSU - they all have played them. Some more times than others. Last year may've been UCLA's first time. This year is Notre Dame's first time.

Not like I'm against it as a fan, the FCS teams do need the payday and it provides an opportunity for some upsets to one degree or another. But not having to step down a level to find somebody to play is good quality. FCS teams will schedule Dll teams - that too is viewed negatively. The point that the NCAA does not count wins vs a lower level school towards bowl eligibility or playoff eligibility says something as well. It is 85 scholarships vs 63 scholarships, or partial limited scholarships or in some cases scholarships vs non-scholarships.

But does it really matter that Ohio State has scheduled a fringe FCS playoff team with in-state Youngstown State as opposed to say Kent State? YSU would beat Kent State this year. So maybe it is a big to-do about nothing. It is more of a perception than nothing else and if I was an FBS athletic director, I would avoid it.

Think the rule is you get to count an FCS victory towards bowl eligibility every other year and been that way for awhile but NCAA can grant an exception when shit hits the fan and a win is needed.

Think the rule is you get to count an FCS victory towards bowl eligibility every other year and been that way for awhile but NCAA can grant an exception when shit hits the fan and a win is needed.
I wasn't aware of that rule. I do seem to remember that if you play 2 in one season, only one counts toward bowl eligibility. Though I guess that might be out the window too with the difficulty they've had filling all the bowl slots in recent years

My comment had nothing to do with a one-off game vs an FCS team. But that the level of play and talent in the P12 is inferior. And this has certainly shown itself to be the case in the postseason. Mostly in the mid tier bowls because the PAC hasn't managed to make it to the final 4 to bang it out with the elites.

Alabama plays a yearly FCS team but I'm sure would gladly swap schedules with SC rather than having to navigate the SEC west.

Arik Gilbert will never learn.

Jfc, how stupid can someone possibly be. 1st off shouldn’t a kid of his stature be getting more than 1500 bucks anyways? 2nd it sounds like he talented enough to be a freaking pro, let’s throw it all away for some pussy stick vape pens!! Lol

Jfc, how stupid can someone possibly be. 1st off shouldn’t a kid of his stature be getting more than 1500 bucks anyways? 2nd it sounds like he talented enough to be a freaking pro, let’s throw it all away for some pussy stick vape pens!! Lol
Dude had a winning lottery ticket and flushed it.

But does it really matter that Ohio State has scheduled a fringe FCS playoff team with in-state Youngstown State as opposed to say Kent State? YSU would beat Kent State this year. So maybe it is a big to-do about nothing. It is more of a perception than nothing else and if I was an FBS athletic director, I would avoid it.
when you're a 30-40 point favorite I tend to not be all that interested in distinguishing between FCS/FBS. Either way it's a layup game and doesn't factor into my capping or overall assessment of the team's ability or body of work.

with that said, I'm not a fan of the FCS scheduling.

Dude had a winning lottery ticket and flushed it.

I try not to judge these kids to harshly, I myself have a lifetime achievement award for being a massive fuck up!! More times than not I feel for them when they screw their lives up. Sometimes tho, like in this case I just can’t get over how freaking stupid this kid has to be! Unless it one those fuck ups where you are totally wasted and any kind of good judgement left the building 10 shots ago, you gotta at least weigh whether it worth it to do some dumb shit! I can’t think of any life situation where robbing a Vape store turns out as a win! Even if you don’t get caught wtf you gonna do with $1500 worth of Vape shit? Lol. At least find a weed store to rob!

Except it only saved 3 minutes per game from last year. Albeit a small sample size. 5 less plays a game and 3 minutes saved. I’m guessing they go back to the old rules next year.
I doubt they will.

I'd expect in a few more years (maybe longer) we advance to a full running clock.

The games won't finish faster, we'll just have more commercials.

NONE of this is to shorten games. That's just talk.

Everything in the last decade has increased commercials. Every little injury they go to break. Every replay -- break.

Utterly ridiculous.

I doubt they will.

I'd expect in a few more years (maybe longer) we advance to a full running clock.

The games won't finish faster, we'll just have more commercials.

NONE of this is to shorten games. That's just talk.

Everything in the last decade has increased commercials. Every little injury they go to break. Every replay -- break.

Utterly ridiculous.
It is ridiculous. But ive noticed on TV that commercials are longer and longer. Some of the channels it seems commercials are almost as lo g ad the shows now. I have no idea and haven't read anything, but gotta think its fact linear TV is giving way to streaming. With less people watching, need more commercials.
Again just seems that is way its going. Im old so i dont get it. I want to watch on TV but but doesn't seem to be the future.

It is ridiculous. But ive noticed on TV that commercials are longer and longer. Some of the channels it seems commercials are almost as lo g ad the shows now. I have no idea and haven't read anything, but gotta think its fact linear TV is giving way to streaming. With less people watching, need more commercials.
Again just seems that is way its going. Im old so i dont get it. I want to watch on TV but but doesn't seem to be the future.
TV has made me hate attending live games. The almighty dollar ruins everything when it comes to college sports.

Not just college sports, all televised sports are hard work to go to anymore and a lot more expensive than every other avenue to watch games.
Agreed. I used to love going to games. I can't think of anything I'd like to do less these days.

Back