Wednesday SF is the newest can't hit Discussion

Thread title very appropriate. Giants just awful right now, and Lincecum doesn't perform well off a loss. Some trends [from covers]:

Giants are 8-19 in Lincecums last 27 starts following a team loss in their previous game.
Giants are 4-11 in their last 15 games as a home favorite.
Giants are 4-11 in their last 15 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
Giants are 2-6 in their last 8 games as a home favorite of -110 to -150.
Giants are 6-21 in their last 27 home games.
Giants are 3-12 in their last 15 home games vs. a right-handed starter.
Giants are 4-18 in their last 22 vs. a team with a winning record.
Giants are 3-15 in their last 18 home games vs. a team with a winning record.

Morton certainly nothing special on the road, but almost have to talk myself out of fading Giants.
Ibelieve this year he started playing very well after losses

There are some Lackey-to-Tribe rumors out there. Since the contract is club-friendly, of course. Tribe's probably saying, "Let me tell you about this Ramsey guy ..."

Lester to Dodgers makes a lot of sense, those teams like to swap superstars.

addition by subtraction fo sox,, he wanted to be traded after being sent to bull pen -- will receive a bucket of balls named later...

Nats game is final

Good start to day w/ Brew Crew also. May have 1 or 2 more plays tonight, but the card really isn't great. Really seeing things well right now. Hope it continues!

my sources -- oakland, seattle and possibly Brewers... SF wants to but doesnt have the pieces to return...

SF seems to want a lot. They want Asdrubal AND Aviles because their MI is garbage. What does the Tribe look like, K-Mart? Pick one, ya' greedy wine-sipping bastards.

In Boston's last 11 games -
Big Papi batted in 45 innings: BOS scored 34 runs (avg 0.755 rpi = 6.80 rp9i)
Leaving 52 innings he didn't bat in: BOS scored 5 runs (0.096 rpi = 0.86 rp9i)

In Boston's 11 games previous to those -
Big Papi batted in 46 innings: BOS scored 31 runs (avg 0.674 rpi = 6.06 rp9i)
Leaving 54 innings he didn't bat in: BOS scored 20 runs (0.370 rpi = 3.33 rp9i)

Baltimore total results @home

vs. AL East opponents
18-3-1 to Under (14 games of 6 runs or less, 63.6%)
avg. 6.04 runs/game
avg. 8.68 total line
-2.64 run difference

vs. all other teams
14-13-1 to Under (7 games of 6 runs or less, 25%)
avg. 8.68 runs/game
avg. 8.87 total line
-0.19 run difference

So they combine with their opponent to produce on average 2.45 runs less against the line when that opponent is from within their division, than when they're not.

Last edited:
Considering the Indians are regularly playing the likes of Raburn, Murphy, and Dickerson in the OF, this Ramsey guy might make the bigs for a look this year.

(Sorry to hijack the daily thread with Tribe talk, should probably have bumped the always popular Tribe thread.)

no worries, CLE is a team i struggle to keep up with at times so I'm okay with this

Think there are 6 teams in the West that hit better than Baltimore and 4 with better pitching. They need Lester to have any chance in the playoffs,
Luck wagon team of the year

Cleveland fans have almost no reaction to this trade, my early pulse. He's been here six years and started the last couple opening days. Cleveland fans have almost no reaction to the Indians whatsoever. Now if the Browns traded a guy, any guy, stop the presses.

Think there are 6 teams in the West that hit better than Baltimore and 4 with better pitching. They need Lester to have any chance in the playoffs,
Luck wagon team of the year

their pitching blows, but the best lineup in the league is why they're leading the AL

Cleveland fans have almost no reaction to this trade, my early pulse. He's been here six years and started the last couple opening days. Cleveland fans have almost no reaction to the Indians whatsoever. Now if the Browns traded a guy, any guy, stop the presses.

think they grew tired of him not progressing after a hot start and the potential he showed in BOS was never reached

They haven't grown tired of anything. Only consistently relevant pro sports product in town the last 20 years. Not a baseball town.

I mean, I think it's a good trade. But how fickle and indifferent can one fan base be? Half the fans wanted the team to commit $70 million to the guy not four months ago.

I think I see that Baltimore after 2 wins at home is 6-0 under and 0-6 SU
Bad eyesight so check it

I believe I missed 1 game at home vs Texas. Still 6-1. Strange game.
Small bet on under in Padres even money, I think for this to be a game we will see a strong game from the Atlanta pitcher. Good day of week play for Cards and they will need it with Rackley ump. Meanwhile GO Padres

learing roster room for what could be multiple player moves before Thursday's Trade Deadline, the Giants released second baseman Dan Uggla and outfielder Tyler Colvin after Wednesday's 7-5 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Ugglas 2 errors sunday night, help cost me the 1st 5 under....

Back