Wednesday SF is the newest can't hit Discussion

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
went to bed with 5-0 in the 5th and Bum out thinking I'd lost for sure...

played StL +110 & CLE +113

leans from the BOL open:
ARI +109: Cooper
PIT +103: Culbreth
BAL o8.5
CLE u6.5
CHC +105
TEX o9
KC u8

on the radar:
TB u7: Tumpane
NYM u7.5: Meals

Lester is scheduled to make his next start on Wednesday. That remains the case even with rumors swirling around him. But the rumors have enough substance that the Red Sox have already announced an alternative should Lester be dealt in the next 24 hours.
“As of right now, [Lester is] scheduled to start [Wednesday] night,” said Farrell. “We have a contingency plan. If Jon is traded by this time tomorrow Brandon Workman will start.”

As I just said on @FOXSports1, it's increasingly likely Jon Lester will be scratched from tomorrow's start due to trade talks.
-

Hahn on 4 3-0 1.42 ERA Better in the day but 4-1 with a 2.70 ERA at night
I am uncertain what to expect from Kelly. Only 4 innings on 4 days this year. 0 runs and when I looked at last year 2.22 ERA. 7-1 and over 52.2 innings. ???

Last edited:
morning gents;

oakland over
cleveland under
NYM over
Cubbies ML (was hoping Col would win since I believe chubbies dont' sweep often...marathon game last night starters will be in there longer than usual. Who will last longer? Wood or Brett?)

Want to back Washington, but I can't; not with how their bats have been...Have been waiting for Hand to fade and i've been fading him on totals and ml's since his call up and I just can't be on the right side of him

Last edited:
on Brewers/Rays under, M's/Tribe under. also eying Angels/O's under, Twins/Royals under/FF under for tonight.

like Phils/Mets under/Phils TT under and Pirates in other day games.

Last edited:
Thread title very appropriate. Giants just awful right now, and Lincecum doesn't perform well off a loss. Some trends [from covers]:

Giants are 8-19 in Lincecums last 27 starts following a team loss in their previous game.
Giants are 4-11 in their last 15 games as a home favorite.
Giants are 4-11 in their last 15 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
Giants are 2-6 in their last 8 games as a home favorite of -110 to -150.
Giants are 6-21 in their last 27 home games.
Giants are 3-12 in their last 15 home games vs. a right-handed starter.
Giants are 4-18 in their last 22 vs. a team with a winning record.
Giants are 3-15 in their last 18 home games vs. a team with a winning record.

Morton certainly nothing special on the road, but almost have to talk myself out of fading Giants.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TheCashMan
1 play so far

over 3.5 runs rox - max play

just a quick bitch and moan...

Scored 3 in the first, left a guy at 3rd base with 1 out, had guys in scoring position the next 3 innings and then couldnt muster 1 over the next 12....ARGH...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TheCashMan
1 play so far

over 3.5 runs rox - max play

just a quick bitch and moan...

Scored 3 in the first, left a guy at 3rd base with 1 out, had guys in scoring position the next 3 innings and then couldnt muster 1 over the next 12....ARGH...
squeeze was a real dumb call too..

Reds have gone under in 9 straight games and have not scored more than 3 runs in their L11 games. Reds over L10 games .170 avg/.224 OBP and scoring 1.63 r/9.

Reds have gone under in 9 straight games and have not scored more than 3 runs in their L11 games. Reds over L10 games .170 avg/.224 OBP and scoring 1.63 r/9.

Miley is a really good candidate to wake those bats up though

Strong lineups for both phils/mets. This line is way too high. Kendrick had good last start. Wheeler splits weak. Phils in RDW chase g2. I lean over and will play Phillies runline.

Lots on Tampa under. Makes sense on its face. It seems like this one would be a good pleaser candidate at 8.5 or something. I see runs and dead people.

I'm on the Nats fairly large to win 1u at -150

Avoiding sweep, Hand job due for regression, Roark a model of consistency in his last few outings and also has terrific day/night splits.

If Nats get swept by the Fish, I'll take my beating. Highly unlikely though imo. But it's beisbol...anything goes I guess

Everybody and their mother is on that Cleveland under... My only question is why is it 6.5 & not 6

CLE has hit the ball well in July, people think Seattle can hit vs LHP and think Kendrys Morales's 200-average means they have a power threat

...but in reality the totals market has been high for a month and it hasn't corrected so i'm pushing until it kicks me

Masterson to the Cards. Not sure for what, probably not much since Masty's in a contract year, sucking, and coming off the DL. Always liked Masty, but couldn't get lefties out and could never string two good years together. So long, Big Guy. Happy trails.

^Got James Ramsey back. Not bad. One of the Cards' 8-million minor league outfielders with some promise. Tribe's been more than solid with these kind of deals over the years. Santana, Choo, Brantley, Gomes all came in minor deals, or were toss-ins in major deals. Another damn LH bat though.

CLE has hit the ball well in July, people think Seattle can hit vs LHP and think Kendrys Morales's 200-average means they have a power threat

...but in reality the totals market has been high for a month and it hasn't corrected so i'm pushing until it kicks me

they finally corrected Padres home games by making them 6 & not 6.5 but that even might be too much

If Masty's healthy, he can go on a run in the NL. Guess he's got a bum knee though, impacting both velocity and location, not a good combo.

Now we gotta get something for Asdrubal, bring up Lindor, not miss a beat and continue to play .500 ball.

Considering the Indians are regularly playing the likes of Raburn, Murphy, and Dickerson in the OF, this Ramsey guy might make the bigs for a look this year.

(Sorry to hijack the daily thread with Tribe talk, should probably have bumped the always popular Tribe thread.)

I think his value to the team is going to be as a nasty right-handed reliever in october. Although he does fit the profile of a pitcher who will come to St. Louis and pitch out of their mind. They are great at that

Back