Wednesday MLB Discussion

Wow 6-0 Mets...

Bush had given 9 QS in his last 12 starts...

still early :hang:

Leaning Cubbies -1.5, look to savage one vs. Stros.
Demster consistent splits at year at Wrigley, 3.19 RPG L/5 overall.
Wolf 7.47 RPG away, gave up 7 in 4 innings @ Wrigley earlier.
Maybe 1 or 2 QSs in all road starts in '08.

Also, Eveland is off 2 strong starts. Handled KC easily eariler in the year.
Though KC has been more productive vs. LHP.

an_laugh.gif
Rocky Cherry & the O's pen

Crappy results in Milw and on Bost -1.5 RL. Had a bad feeling about that Brewer total and should listened to my gut . Had thought about 1st 5 ML @ Boston but always last second and never had a chance to play it ...

i like the Angels but Garland has been garbage

I think yesterday was the better spot to play LAA . I leaned that way as I am sure most did but ultimately passed because it just looked to easy . The SP gap was wide and we all know who has the better pen. Well LAA won 5-4 on a sac fly in the 10th .

Big thing with DET is they have fallen to pieces vs LHSP especially at home since the break. Cant say I know why but the results are the same they dont hit in those games

Since the break @ Home Det is :
5-6 vs RHSP
2-8 vs LHSP

They have dropped 6 straight vs LHSP at home.

Looking at the games vs RHSP some things of note IMO;
When it was RH vs RH DET was 5-4 but when Det threw A LH it was 0-2.
While 5-6 is clearly medicore its better then 2-8 but also DETs pen lost 2 games in that span . Allowing a 4 spot in the 7th when Minet started vs Burnett and Tor and the 1st game when Det allowed a 2 out 2run Hr in the 9th to blow a 5-4 lead. So they are realistically closer to 7-4 then 5-6 .

In those 11 games the RHP for Det (there were 9 RH and 2 LH) :

Verlander went 1-3 and his losses were his fault usually shelled b th 5th inn giving DET little chance to win
Galarraga 2-0
Miner 2-1 his only loss was the Jays game which teh pen fell apart in the 7th so he delivered 3 quality starts but usally 6 or 6+ inn is his max

Garland has very good history vs DET including a 1-0 win in May . However he has struggled lately and doesnt appear to show signs of getting better . At this point DETs lineup looks better to be then LAA's . LAA also used its 3 top relievers yesterday .

Lately Garland has recieved good run support and tends to sail over while DET in there wins vs RHSP seem to stay low getting good pitching as they are 4-0-1 UND in those 5 wins ..

I think LAA is bait here for sure . The grey area is can DET finish the game off . Interesting though is how high the total was set . Yesterday they opened 9.5 and closed at 10 in a 5-4 game . Now with basically the same type SP possible better its 10.5 on the open ?? Saunders is better then Garland but weigh the fact DET was struggling vs LHSP and Garland has good history vs DET into Saunders struggles of late cant see much difference . Miner is clearly better option then Lambert who LAA scored there runs off . Again seems like they are baiting UNDER money IMO as well .....

LAA is not playing good ball and has struggled since losing Aybar , Itzuris and kendrick....(well before that but the bats have slowed )

So lookng @ Det ML and Over as well probably stronger to the DET play:cheers:

Reynolds the 3rd baseman for Arizona is awful, 4 k's today:hang:this team has Dunn batting in front of him & he is the king of K's. This team is going no where with this many k's in the line up

Probably lean Jays ML. Nothing I see myself touching . AJ only issue in last 10 starts seems to be the long ball . When he allows it or two seems to be the starts were he gets touched up some . Twins just not playing well end of an exhausting trip as they had to go from WC after 10 games and 3 series to Toronto to finish 3 then back home. (5-7 on trip so far)

Twins only 9-17 vs the AL EAST jays 19-11 vs Central
They are 0-4 vs Jays this year and lost 7 straight to them. L3 years 6-1 at home vs Minny

Jays pen threw 6 scoreless innings they had 17 hits but stranded a bunch of runners

Also slight lean to the over ......

Hate to say it but probably would lean TB ML. Jackson throwing well in a nice groove has allowed 0 or 1 run in 3 of 4 starts vs NY this year . Pavano has held his own but still cautious . Hard to see how the price is similiar to yesterday . Dont se much difference in TB SP and well obvious difference bewteen Mosse and pavano ....Under here as well though 9.5 is high IMO...shit part is Rasner vs Kazmir on deck..

Just another lean but think Philly -under. Perez is solid at home but issue is he is a 6 inn pitcher ....Philly actually 12-8 away I believe vs LHSP...Flores probably out ...Nats 3-16 after being shutout .....Also Philly 21-11 L2 years vs Nats ...

Pitt @ Cincy is tough ...Volzquez got hit vs SFG last outing and has been solid mostly vs Pitt but hasnt pitched that deep into games . Last 4 meetings played under ....Pitt ended there streak could see a Pitt-over play but wouldnt even call it a lean .......

Cubs ML ..Dempster at home , Wolf on the road and LH , Cubs avoiding a sweep and have lost 4 straight at Wrigley....pass on the total though SCREAMS UNDER I guess.....Cubs 4-1 ?

LAD ML and UND - Kuroda hes been solid and received little run support . LAD faces a unknown youngster with little AAA credentials looking at his stats ....SD like Balt is not a game 3 or Sund-Wed team ...only 5-16 L21 Wed though they came back vs UNIT last week to punch me in the balls......have to read up on the youngster before I take anUNDER....thinking 5-2

BOL......checking lineups to see what I play:cheers:

Probably lean Jays ML. Nothing I see myself touching . AJ only issue in last 10 starts seems to be the long ball . When he allows it or two seems to be the starts were he gets touched up some . Twins just not playing well end of an exhausting trip as they had to go from WC after 10 games and 3 series to Toronto to finish 3 then back home. (5-7 on trip so far)

Twins only 9-17 vs the AL EAST jays 19-11 vs Central
They are 0-4 vs Jays this year and lost 7 straight to them. L3 years 6-1 at home vs Minny

Jays pen threw 6 scoreless innings they had 17 hits but stranded a bunch of runners

Also slight lean to the over ......

Hate to say it but probably would lean TB ML. Jackson throwing well in a nice groove has allowed 0 or 1 run in 3 of 4 starts vs NY this year . Pavano has held his own but still cautious . Hard to see how the price is similiar to yesterday . Dont se much difference in TB SP and well obvious difference bewteen Mosse and pavano ....Under here as well though 9.5 is high IMO...shit part is Rasner vs Kazmir on deck..

Just another lean but think Philly -under. Perez is solid at home but issue is he is a 6 inn pitcher ....Philly actually 12-8 away I believe vs LHSP...Flores probably out ...Nats 3-16 after being shutout .....Also Philly 21-11 L2 years vs Nats ...

Pitt @ Cincy is tough ...Volzquez got hit vs SFG last outing and has been solid mostly vs Pitt but hasnt pitched that deep into games . Last 4 meetings played under ....Pitt ended there streak could see a Pitt-over play but wouldnt even call it a lean .......

Cubs ML ..Dempster at home , Wolf on the road and LH , Cubs avoiding a sweep and have lost 4 straight at Wrigley....pass on the total though SCREAMS UNDER I guess.....Cubs 4-1 ?

LAD ML and UND - Kuroda hes been solid and received little run support . LAD faces a unknown youngster with little AAA credentials looking at his stats ....SD like Balt is not a game 3 or Sund-Wed team ...only 5-16 L21 Wed though they came back vs UNIT last week to punch me in the balls......have to read up on the youngster before I take anUNDER....thinking 5-2

BOL......checking lineups to see what I play:cheers:

valid point SN...but when looking at the game....... I looked forward to TB's upcoming schedule, and this is actually a pretty pivotal game. After finishing up at home tommorrow the Rays go on the road for 2 game sets @ TOR, @ BOS, @ NYY.........they then come home to face TOR and BOS. I'm sure Madden will use whatever he has tonight to get a win and then hand it off to Kazmir manana. The price along with B2B loss stats (from BC) put me squarely on the Rays. (although the Yanks bats have seemed to wake up since leaving the Bronx).......we'll see. BOL

I am actually suprised the Yanks won today . Think TB is showing there holes with the absence of Crawford and Longoria now. Happily suprised and happy I didnt fade them...

Good day all around but went pretty light ...

Did have some nice medium plays on DET ML and Over with smaller on the RL and 1st 5 over....

Only real mistakes were Yanks UND and Cubs RL andML in a parlay ...

Actually had Pitt +1.5 and Und Cubs 1st 5 inn

Of my leans Tor won and went over , Pitt wnet over , but got Philly and total there wrong ...:cheers:

Basically it was all about DET and OVER very happy to have read that perfectly !

Back