Wednesday MLB Discussion

The Phillies are going to win this. Whether they cover the runline which is all that matters to me I have no idea. I've seen this so many times this season, the opponent jumps out big thinking they've got it in the bag and then they rest on their laurels, and bam the Phillies take the game.

Shitty play by Jenkins. He slows up instead of sliding, as he thought Pedroia was going to first. With a little luck there, it coulda been first and second with no one out.

MCG: You might well be right. I've lost plenty of money on teams that get up by 5-6 runs, only to piss it away late. Masterson doesn't offer much. Luckily for him, the pitcher is in the box now.

Tucker in the minors last 5 on the road went 33 innings and gave up 6 runs. Thinking Seattle may be softer than Tampa. Florida off a loss wins .545%. Seattle off a win .292%. Think Florida has serious intentions tonight and played them first half and game.

Last edited:
Tucker in the minors last 5 on the road went 33 innings and gave up 6 runs. Thinking Seattle may be softer than Tampa. Florida off a loss wins 5.45%. Seattle off a win .292%. Think Florida has serious intentions tonight and played them first half and game.

tuck-What do you know about Tucker, is he a flyball pitcher? I really want to play the Marlins tonight but Dickey seems like the perfect guy to face their lineup.

All I really know is he throws his change up the same as Volquez who taught it to him.

I did bet 1 unit on Carrlos minus 17 cents. Not a good day for anyone. Ok. Carlos on poor rest. Fact. Sonnanstine is an average pitcher. He has a losing record at home lifetime and his starts at home this year have been at best average. Both sides know the situation. Tomorrow Tampa goes with their best home starter vs the Cubs worst road starter in a spot where it is very hard for the Cubs to focus on the game. Tampa would like to win this game but they are not worried about winning the series. We have a good team that has not been swept on the road this year going with a staff ace against a starter for the other team that they have lost with many times and I think we have a small edge in relief. Not a great deal but I think it fits on risk vs reward.

The conspiracy continues against me . This shit is so funny and I am sure you guys are tired of reading it but I need to vent it to someone. Feel like I spend half my time about missing plays . Well 2 PM doc appt usually done the latest by 3:10 maybe 10 minute ride home ....not to today get out 3:35 probably the lastest I ever ....cant put my Det and over plays ......So you Det ML , Over 5 1st 5 inning and Over 9.5 guys look to be in good shape . Of course as I walk in Det scores and then scores again 2-0 early ! Sad .....

Anyway I am diving into the rest of the card so I will be around for a bit . Any thoughts and comments you guys have are appreciated . I see Tuck is already working .....

Good Luck ...

Kendrick didnt have it today . I knew it w/o even watching when his fastball was registering 86-87 on Sportsline to the 1st 2 batters ...turned away in disgust and next time I go back it was 4-0 already ......probably the essence of a public play ..No Manny , No Youk , suddenly everyone is aware of Kendrick's success and boom it goes up in flames .....just funny how life works ...:cheers:

.......Work time /

Looks like after Rasner it's Hawkins. I hate to go against the streaking yanks, but maybe SD -1.5 +70 for a half unit

Yanks also signed Sidney Ponson and sent him to AA

big hit with the tigs -1 earlier.... played STL for a normal unit.

after watching this dickey kid pitch against the nats.... will probably add the fish later too.

this guy was a complete gas can, and was servin up 70 mph beachballs like wakefield was that one day when minny lit him up on SNB.
btw hes a knuckleballer...

fish hit RHP well and im going to take a shot with them. may play the ARL too.... this one could get ugly

gonna take a lot on the over too but know NOTHING about this tucker guy

dickey was giving up a LOT of hard hit balls too, against a power hitting team like the fish it could spell disaster

Nut:

what are you looking at tonight?

thanks,
jdogg

Sorry Jdogg I didnt get back to you . I tried to my internt went screwy for 15-20 minutes and I had to go play at 8 PM so I could nt get back to you. Nothing really stood out mostly minor plays ..hope you did well:cheers:

:smiley_acbe: 6-0 last two nights... I'm waiting for regression to slap me across the face with a bag of bricks any night now...

Keep posting what you see as off its helping me to because alot of the times I dont see it that way but helps to know someone else does . I dont see as SD being off today when you look at Peavy on the road and Rasner at home with the respective lineups , recent performance and SD missing a key bat in Kouz . So you helped me get over what seemed to easy IMO and take NYY ML and some -1.5 . Thanks !!! Same with COL actually . I would think they are cheap and seemed like the Tribe were fairly popular when I would expect must people to jump on Col at that price.....

So nice work. Your helping me as well:cheers::shake:

Missed a layup with Florida ML...

Like I was saying above, I watched the nats game when he was pitching the other day and he's a complete gas can.

Knuckleballer who just consistently serves up beachballs and gives up A LOT of hard hit balls and extra base hits.... perfect for the fish with the power they have in their lineup.

Wish I would have played the ARL, almost did.

Anyways, for as long as he pitches, will continue to fade him...(probably with the RL because I doubt he will ever lay any type of chalk ever again!)

Like I was saying above, I watched the nats game when he was pitching the other day and he's a complete gas can.

Knuckleballer who just consistently serves up beachballs and gives up A LOT of hard hit balls and extra base hits.... perfect for the fish with the power they have in their lineup.

Wish I would have played the ARL, almost did.

Anyways, for as long as he pitches, will continue to fade him...(probably with the RL because I doubt he will ever lay any type of chalk ever again!)

Yeah , good shit I had that on my mind . I was just hestitant because I was rushing walked in from bball at almost 10 PM so had a few minutes to decide . Big thing was for me pretty simple logic. They barely snuck by Fla with King Felix how where they going to do it with Dickey ? They dont hit a lick so what was it going to be the pen ? Uhm no .....so Dickey was going to have throw a gem and how likely was that ? Sometimes simple logic can make life easier ......I blew that one ...good job:shake:

Back